Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 27th August 2008, 01:38     #161
?>Superman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead goon
please take your love affair to the random thoughts thread.

btw, Go Fitz!
Old 27th August 2008, 01:39     #162
CCS
Stunt Pants

Tell me another Mike King joke.
Old 27th August 2008, 02:04     #163
Word

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fkuhcelZ_g

Joe Biden aye
Old 27th August 2008, 11:17     #164
Biff

more offshore drilling now!! oh.. oooops...

Old 27th August 2008, 11:24     #165
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Three men arrested for death threats, only one labelled at a supremacist though

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4670048a12.html
Old 27th August 2008, 12:03     #166
Kryten

The only thing worse for McCain's presidential campaign than a successful assassination of Obama is an attempted assassination that he (Obama) survives.
Old 27th August 2008, 12:33     #167
Biff

They look like winners!

I bet McCain's wife hired them..
Old 27th August 2008, 13:02     #168
Lightspeed

Who would have thunk? These three men in a society that highly prizes physical appearance are dysfunctional?
Old 27th August 2008, 13:20     #169
Azmodan

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
Old 27th August 2008, 14:17     #170
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff
They look like winners!

I bet McCain's wife hired them..
What's the bet the blonded one is the "White supremacist"?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 27th August 2008, 14:55     #171
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmodan
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner
Old 28th August 2008, 01:08     #172
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

I'm currently watching the Democratic National Convention on Triangle. It's pretty ridiculous the amount of emo rhetoric Americans use. I mean you think it's bad when you see a 30 second Obama speech but try listening to this style for more than 30 seconds and it makes you wanna throw up. Also the crowd seems like a big bunch of sheep, clapping as soon as they hear a tag line or booing if they hear the word McCain. It sounds really fake but I guess that's how Americans do their political shit. There is also a slight Orwellian feel to it sometimes, with the 2 huge TV screens and the seemingly lobotomised audience...

Still, interesting shit. Makes me wanna watch West Wing
Old 28th August 2008, 01:18     #173
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner
Normally I would say eugenics is a bad thing but you know you can't blame all their looks on P abuse...

Free the P billy 3
Old 28th August 2008, 01:19     #174
Rep

If any bad thing happen to the first...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVp9cWOcZ7g

There is another...
Old 28th August 2008, 01:43     #175
ZoSo

Clinton's speech was pretty good. Though not as good as this HC fan thinks. Christ, give her an oscar for best dramatic. Least she's not one of the crones voting McCain I guess.
Old 28th August 2008, 02:07     #176
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

Americans are the kings of melodrama. They have got it down to a fucking art thanks to Hollywood :P The video clip that came on before Michelle Obama spoke was like a 5 minute long cheesey clip that could have come striaght from Oprah, complete with the cheesey piano crap and sycophantic tributes... *puke* :P I'd love to watch a Russian Presidential election and compare it.

Last edited by Sgt Seb : 28th August 2008 at 02:10.
Old 28th August 2008, 03:04     #177
dead goon

sorry about this...

In Soviet Russia, presidential election chooses you!
Old 28th August 2008, 13:22     #178
Foggerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Seb
I'm currently watching the Democratic National Convention on Triangle. It's pretty ridiculous the amount of emo rhetoric Americans use. I mean you think it's bad when you see a 30 second Obama speech but try listening to this style for more than 30 seconds and it makes you wanna throw up. Also the crowd seems like a big bunch of sheep, clapping as soon as they hear a tag line or booing if they hear the word McCain. It sounds really fake but I guess that's how Americans do their political shit. There is also a slight Orwellian feel to it sometimes, with the 2 huge TV screens and the seemingly lobotomised audience...

Still, interesting shit. Makes me wanna watch West Wing
At Democratic rallies, and I presume Republican ones as well, there are big TV bill boards that flash up "Applause" when its time for people to applause, and appropriate slogans to chant.

Jello Biaffra did a spoken word thingie on this: "I crashed the Democratic Convention" which is a) hilarious and b) rather disturbing when you consider that political rallies* are being played out like a game shows.

* In fact he drew parallels to Triumph of the Will
Old 28th August 2008, 16:43     #179
herp

Was going to post this in random thoughts but...

Reading about Bill Clinton I came across this interesting paragraph...

"In the wake of the Clinton scandals, independents warmed to Bush's promise to 'restore honor and dignity to the White House.' According to Voter News Service, the personal quality that mattered most to voters was 'honesty.' Voters who chose 'honesty' preferred Bush over Gore by over a margin of 5 to 1. Forty Four percent of Americans said the Clinton scandals were important to their vote. Of these, Bush reeled in three out of every four."

lolz
Old 28th August 2008, 19:09     #180
zeekiorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead goon
In Soviet Russia, presidential election chooses you!
Ha ha ha.

You could also say: In Soviet Russia, the president chooses the next president and make himself the prime minister.
Old 28th August 2008, 19:51     #181
Biff

McCain RNC Speech:

Quote:
McCain: My friends welcome!

Audience: Cheering, Applause, Roaring Cheers!!!

McCain: My Friends, we WILL win this presidency and we WILL start more wars!

McCain: My friends, under me our debt is going to double, our economy will crash and you will all suffer!

McCain: My friends, I will overturn roe vs. wade and I will squash equal pay for women!

McCain: My friends, I mentioned the wars earlier, and I'm going to have to request that you support these wars and you support a new initiative to draft your children!

Confetti/ballons drop, McCain wins. God Bless America.
Old 29th August 2008, 10:59     #182
ZoSo

Putin stirring.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/eu...ml#cnnSTCVideo

"Putin says U.S. did it to help one of the presidential election candidates"

Last edited by ZoSo : 29th August 2008 at 11:01.
Old 29th August 2008, 11:05     #183
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by herp
Reading about Bill Clinton I came across this interesting paragraph...

"In the wake of the Clinton scandals, independents warmed to Bush's promise to 'restore honor and dignity to the White House.' According to Voter News Service, the personal quality that mattered most to voters was 'honesty.' Voters who chose 'honesty' preferred Bush over Gore by over a margin of 5 to 1. Forty Four percent of Americans said the Clinton scandals were important to their vote. Of these, Bush reeled in three out of every four."

lolz
Back in 2000 voters also said that a candidates religious beliefs were an important factor
Old 30th August 2008, 07:39     #184
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Palin got GOP VP.

Fuckity fuck
Old 30th August 2008, 08:32     #185
silva^

I just had to laugh when I watched the McCain event this morning when he announced his female VP , its so blatantly lame, trying to get all the Hillary votes, thats all it is. And it was sooooooo pathetically trite how "perfect" it all was, McCains birthday, Palins 20th wedding anniversary, her son couldn't be there because on September 11 last year he enlisted to serve his country, and now in September 11 this year he is going overseas to serve, blah blah blah blah blah blah.

She has no experience and is extremely underqualified to become president if McCain snuffs it, which is highly likely given his previous history and the fact he is 72 years old.... He probably thinks he's quite smug picking a chick , but I think he just put the final nail in his coffin.

Last edited by silva^ : 30th August 2008 at 08:35.
Old 30th August 2008, 08:59     #186
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Most of the voting public don't, and won't understand that silva. I agree tho, I mean she ha been a governor for 2 freaking years
Old 30th August 2008, 09:08     #187
Hory

Absolutely hilarious, now whenever McCain bitches about Obama's lack of 'experience', all Obama has to do is point to McCain's VP pick.
Old 30th August 2008, 09:12     #188
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

It won't matter, most of America is too stupid to realise and will just go "awww, she used to be a hockey mom" - vote. I think I'll leave the states if McCain wins, it'll just be too depressing.
Old 30th August 2008, 11:27     #189
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

the republicans dont get into the politics game for the people, you should all know that by now. they do it for the power, and they have politics down to a science. they analysed all the options, and picked the person who would resonate the most in voters. given the number of people who said they would vote for mccain after clinton caved in, this vp pick was a logical choice, tho its fortunate that she doesnt have experiance, and will probably contribute to their downfall in this election. praise be.
Old 30th August 2008, 11:54     #190
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

I don't like anything that I've read about that woman. But I guess she ticks all the boxes for the minivan majority - "mom" of 5, anti abortion, her youngest child has Downs, another child in army....I'm just hoping that Oprah really rallies her lambs and they vote en masse for Obama.
Old 30th August 2008, 12:07     #191
JP

Yeah thank fuck Oprah is so pro Obama, it will help reduce the damage. It was a really clever pick by the republicans. Though to be honest, democrats are generally better informed/educated, and likely aren't as fickle as some have been made out to be. I doubt any/many would vote for mccain instead of hillary. Not after 8 years of Bush.
Old 30th August 2008, 13:15     #192
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hory
Absolutely hilarious, now whenever McCain bitches about Obama's lack of 'experience', all Obama has to do is point to McCain's VP pick.
I know, it's crazy. Why on earth would McCain give Obama the antidote to the most powerful criticism that could be directed at Obama?

The only thing I can think of is that this is a last-ditch effort by McCain to pick up racist Hilary supporters who won't transfer their support to a nigger, and to try and secure funding and support from the evangelical right, since this chick is a jesusfreak nutbag who wants creationism taught in schools.
Old 30th August 2008, 13:18     #193
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
since this chick is a jesusfreak nutbag who wants creationism taught in schools.
Let's all moonwalk ourselves into the dark ages again! Wheeeeeeeee!

Four more years! Woo!
Old 30th August 2008, 14:04     #194
fixed_truth

lol @ dailyshow - every time Obama makes a speech an angle has an orgasm
Old 30th August 2008, 14:52     #195
Biff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
since this chick is a jesusfreak nutbag who wants creationism taught in schools.
McCain has skin cancer and other health issues (takes 5 fistfuls of pills a day) and they are putting this freak next in line to run the country? My mind is struggling to find a term to describe it, "lunacy" is so tame.
Old 30th August 2008, 21:53     #196
dead goon

Ahhh McCain!
Old 31st August 2008, 08:48     #197
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

If this is true, this is going to be good.
Old 31st August 2008, 10:49     #198
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
lol @ dailyshow - every time Obama makes a speech an angle has an orgasm
Which angle? 90 degrees? Acute angles? 123 degrees?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 31st August 2008, 11:42     #199
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge
If this is true, this is going to be good.
Juicy!

But at risk of sounding like the minivan majority that I despise so much, I don't think much of Palin's parenting skills (or the names she gives her kids). What mother in their right mind gives birth to a special needs child and then goes immediately back to work, then a few months later agrees to potentially become the next VP of the USA? It just doesn't sit right with me. A special needs baby is so much harder on a parent than a normal baby. I just can't believe that a woman who can afford to take time off to be with her baby could just go back to work so quickly and then throw herself into such a demanding role. As if the kid didn't have enough issues to deal with, he now has a mother who puts her work before her family.

Flame away.
Old 31st August 2008, 12:00     #200
Ajax
Architeuthis

Sarah Palin's kind of a MILF tbh.