Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 6th November 2008, 16:57     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Palin...

Speaking of comedy gold, Faux News to the rescue!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc

"How could they pick a vice-presidential candidate who doesn't know that Africa is a CONTINENT?"
Old 6th November 2008, 17:14     #2
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Newsweek jumps on the bandwagon. I guess now it's all over, the gags are coming off:
Quote:

NEWSWEEK has also learned that Palin's shopping spree at high-end department stores was more extensive than previously reported. While publicly supporting Palin, McCain's top advisers privately fumed at what they regarded as her outrageous profligacy. One senior aide said that Nicolle Wallace had told Palin to buy three suits for the convention and hire a stylist. But instead, the vice presidential nominee began buying for herself and her family—clothes and accessories from top stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. According to two knowledgeable sources, a vast majority of the clothes were bought by a wealthy donor, who was shocked when he got the bill. Palin also used low-level staffers to buy some of the clothes on their credit cards. The McCain campaign found out last week when the aides sought reimbursement. One aide estimated that she spent "tens of thousands" more than the reported $150,000, and that $20,000 to $40,000 went to buy clothes for her husband. Some articles of clothing have apparently been lost. An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast," and said the truth will eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books.
http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581
Old 6th November 2008, 17:18     #3
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Thumbs up

This makes me happy. Although, shame on Fox News for abandoning their heroes so easily
Old 6th November 2008, 17:20     #4
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Oh, and McCain should get assraped for picking her in the first place.
Old 6th November 2008, 17:22     #5
darkness

well the Repubs probably realise they screwed up picking her, so she's become the scapegoat. And will now get pulled over the coals.
Old 6th November 2008, 17:23     #6
dead goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash
Oh, and McCain should get assraped
Old 6th November 2008, 17:23     #7
Cyberbob

Consider me happy!

This is awesome news.
Old 6th November 2008, 17:34     #8
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The Republican Party is headed for civil war. On one side, redneck evangelicals who blame McCain for holding Palin back; on the other, conservative intellectuals who blame Palin for pulling McCain down. Shit gonna get ugly.
Old 6th November 2008, 17:35     #9
Kryten

Repost:

http://www.palinaspresident.us/

(just click it).
Old 6th November 2008, 17:38     #10
herp

Wow, the Republicans are so quick to turn on their own and keep that hate directed.
Old 6th November 2008, 17:50     #11
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

oh my god, it just gets better and better.
surely this is evidence to even fox news viewers that fox news flips its opinion based on what their "bosses" tell them to report?
Old 6th November 2008, 18:11     #12
ZoSo

Yeah Fox was funny as, yesterday. They were all over the place. One minute talking up Obama after shooting him down for so long, then straight back into lamenting the loss and into the blame game. Good times.

Was interesting to hear her spin it afterwards. I hope she does take the hint and stay in Alaska.
Old 6th November 2008, 18:15     #13
Yoda

Ha the huffington link to the OReilly interview with that fella over the same information was amusing...

Something about one of the staffers defending Palin.. then he goes on to utter that this person was "upset over them nailling her"...
Old 6th November 2008, 18:37     #14
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

This morning I made the mistake of watching an Obama interview and a Palin interview back to back on MSNBC. It was like going from reading an insightful book to reading graffiti on a wall. I actually found it hard to listen to.
Old 6th November 2008, 18:44     #15
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The Republican Party is headed for civil war. On one side, redneck evangelicals who blame McCain for holding Palin back; on the other, conservative intellectuals who blame Palin for pulling McCain down. Shit gonna get ugly.
Here's hoping. Hopefully the Evangelicals can be marginalised and the Republicans become more moderate and claim the middle ground leading to a far more liberal political environment there. Doubtful though since the Evangelicals are just so many easy votes.

You know what'd be sweet. If she won the republican nomination next time round. Free second term for Obama.
Old 7th November 2008, 01:13     #16
?>Superman

Shame Palin
Old 7th November 2008, 07:38     #17
Kryten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC
ABC News' Imtiyaz Delawala and Bret Hovell report: One day after conceding the presidential election to Sen. Barack Obama, Sen. John McCain and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin have gone their separate ways, both departing Phoenix today after two months on the campaign trail as the Republican presidential ticket.

Palin left the Arizona Biltmore hotel Wednesday afternoon in a motorcade stretching more than a dozen vehicles, flanked by a dozen more cops on motorcycles. She was joined by some 18 family members and friends who had made the trip from Alaska to Phoenix to watch Election Night returns.

In contrast, John McCain drove himself in his own gold Toyota Sequoia SUV -- with friend and Senate colleague Lindsey Graham riding shotgun -- from his condo in Phoenix to his secluded compound in Sedona for a few days of rest there.
Bring back the 2000 version of John McCain.
Old 7th November 2008, 07:46     #18
The Edge

God, Pain...er...Palin (typo) is such an idiot. I wanted Obama to win, but I don't think she helped McCain's chances at all. Obama came up with quite a few clever campaign ads mocking her intelligence (or lack of it), and let's not forget Tina Fey's just about bang on impression on Saturday Night Live.
Old 7th November 2008, 07:48     #19
Kryten

She also wanted to speak as part of McCain's concession, but got vetoed. Shame really, that could have been entertaining
Old 7th November 2008, 15:01     #20
The Edge

Republicans not happy with Palin

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news...0541643&pnum=0
Old 7th November 2008, 16:12     #21
Bond

Has anyone seen Nailin Palin? I want them to make a sequel, Sucker Mom!
Old 8th November 2008, 16:21     #22
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

From newsweek article

http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581/page/2

Quote:
Palin launched her attack on Obama's association with William Ayers, the former Weather Underground bomber, before the campaign had finalized a plan to raise the issue. McCain's advisers were working on a strategy that they hoped to unveil the following week, but McCain had not signed off on it, and top adviser Mark Salter was resisting.
Wow my opinion of her has sunk even lower.
Old 8th November 2008, 18:42     #23
caffiend

Loved Stewart's post-election comment on Palin from TDS: "Governer Palin has been tagged and released back into the wild".
Old 8th November 2008, 21:21     #24
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Seb
Wow my opinion of her has sunk even lower.
Dude, she's not smart or knowledgeable enough to be the one behind that particular smear. It sounds like they're just decided she's going to be the fall-gal for any of the campaign's bad press.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 8th November 2008, 21:26     #25
CCS
Stunt Pants

She's not smart or knowledgeable and that's exactly why it's her smear. I'm pretty sure the Ayers association had been mentioned in passing before her 'paling around' remark. She heard it, liked it and latched onto it.
Old 8th November 2008, 21:29     #26
crocos

Oh, fully agree, but my point is that article makes it look like she's the one that came up with it.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 8th November 2008, 22:11     #27
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

I didn't say she came up with it, nor did I take that from the article. What I did learn was that she ran with the Ayers smear before the attack had even been authorised by McCain. Which makes her particularly nasty, nastier than I thought.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:34     #28
Biff

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_144400.html

Palin to get 7+ millionUS for book deal

I bet the 1st dude is already shopping for his new snowmobile and Palin will buy her own hunting chopper..
Old 29th November 2008, 21:20     #29
Kryten

Apparently Alaska isn't far enough away......

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=2484
Old 30th November 2008, 13:31     #30
JP

Those people are delusional if they think Palin will ever unify anything. Or will ever win much of anything that isn't a red state. I really hope the republican base feels the same way so they can give the Dem's a free win.

I just can't handle reading right wing comments. They're just so terrible and almost literally delusional. How can you hope people change when they aren't even living in reality?
Old 19th December 2008, 14:55     #31
Hory

http://www.theonion.com/content/news..._woman_becomes
Old 18th February 2009, 10:02     #32
JP

Bristol Palin, Sarah Palin's teen daughter that had a kid, stated on fox news (so glad it was on fox) that abstinence only education is unrealistic and not the way to go. She actually sounds like someone who reasons their opinion out too when she does it. Maybe the retarded gene skipped a generation (i'm sorry)?
Old 18th February 2009, 14:38     #33
CCS
Stunt Pants

Who fucken cares? Thanks for the bump. Let's lock this shit forever.