Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 12th August 2013, 18:44     #81
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Open the window or something, it reeks of white male privilege.

If you sincerely believe that everything you have achieved was purely a result of your own hard work, you probably vote National.
Pfft, inequalities arise from the exercise of individual choice. Black people just make bad choices.

What's that? Scientifically speaking we don't have freewill? Well, umm . . . I'm going to ignore that because I'm awesome and nobody is taking that away from me.
Old 12th August 2013, 18:58     #82
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

"And it's been great keeping in touch with all our exchange-student friends from Kenya"
Old 12th August 2013, 18:59     #83
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Black people just make bad choices.
Wow, that is a pretty outlandish generalisation right thuuuur
Old 12th August 2013, 19:37     #84
Savage

Given the poster of that comment, I'm going to say it was made with a healthy dose of sarcasm, and a lack of sarcasm tags.
Old 12th August 2013, 20:26     #85
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Open the window or something, it reeks of white male privilege.

If you sincerely believe that everything you have achieved was purely a result of your own hard work, you probably vote National.
well of course not. but what has that got to do with the price of cheese?
Old 13th August 2013, 00:58     #86
Nothing

I know this is just the standard right wing NZG labour bashing thread, so this is probably not a welcome post, but seriously, you Nat supporters want to keep this douche in power?

http://www.3news.co.nz/Key-NZers-car...5/Default.aspx
Old 13th August 2013, 01:58     #87
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Exactly what part do you disagree with?
Old 13th August 2013, 09:50     #88
Lightspeed

The general area around the face mostly.
Old 13th August 2013, 13:08     #89
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

The parts where

- experts aren't experts
- NZers don't care
- we give a fuck about snapper quotas

Seriously, I realise he's been paid in full by the US to pass this bill, but can't he just pretend to care about public opinion? He's in full on denial mode about any opposition to the bill.
Old 13th August 2013, 14:30     #90
ZoSo

Must have missed the memo where the left constantly goes on about Nationals internal polling.
But here man, this one is bound to back you up. Fill in your details and let em know.
Old 13th August 2013, 17:47     #91
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
I know this is just the standard right wing NZG labour bashing thread, so this is probably not a welcome post, but seriously, you Nat supporters want to keep this douche in power?
tbh, i'd vote for anyone except labour. and probably not hone, cause he hates my white, successful, but only because it was given to me, ass.

(btw, saying i'm only successful because i'm white, is pretty fucked up)

Last edited by aR Que : 13th August 2013 at 17:49.
Old 13th August 2013, 18:56     #92
CCS
Stunt Pants

Would you vote for Conservative?
Old 13th August 2013, 19:04     #93
aR Que

it's interesting you say that.
http://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=87177
Old 13th August 2013, 19:29     #94
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

The only right wing party in NZ is ACT.

National are quite far left these days and hence their popularity. The Greens are so far left there isn't a label for what they are. Labor have slipped in nicely to what can only reasonably be called the extreme left.

I don't want to appear rude but you have to be pretty fucking stupid to suggest National and right wing any more.

The choices for practical purposes are center or extremely left to an extent NZ has not experienced in the lifetime of current voters.
Old 13th August 2013, 19:37     #95
pxpx

YOU SHUT YOUR RIGHT WING WHORE MOUTH
Old 13th August 2013, 20:15     #96
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
I'm asking about Conservative though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
The only right wing party in NZ is ACT.
Curious as to where you'd put Cons... unless you're only counting parties that have ever had members elected to parliament of course.
Old 13th August 2013, 23:37     #97
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Curious as to where you'd put Cons... unless you're only counting parties that have ever had members elected to parliament of course.
I guess there's a chance they will get seats in the same vein that the greens have managed to as does nz first regularly; to be honest I'm hoping they'll go away since we've enough crackpots in the beehive already.

If they get in I suppose they will be fundamentalist right.
Old 14th August 2013, 00:26     #98
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I think it's a false dichotomy. I don't think there is a true Conservative party in New Zealand in the traditional right-wing Tory sense. Colin whatsisname's "Conservative Party" is really just another religious nutter party, while ACT is a neoliberal capitalist party. Neither of them are conservative with a big C.
Old 14th August 2013, 08:56     #99
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Likely nobody here is old enough to have adult experience of what NZ was like in the pre-Roger Douglas labour reformed world. NZ prior to this had policy very much like an eastern-European communist economy; it was extremely left wing by the standards of the vast majority of countries.

Labour voters today will be voting for a return to this. People voting green are voting for something NZ has never had; they sure are in for a nasty surprise if they get their wish.

National is more like labour of the late 1980s. It's a left leaning party near the center. Those who think they're a right wing party, as I posted before, have no clue what's going on.

As an example neither major party has an equivalent in the US system; if you insist in using the US labels you'd determine both are democrats but in reality the democrats are more like ACT. There is no republican equivalent party here.
Old 14th August 2013, 09:51     #100
StN
I have detailed files

Oh - you mean this?
Old 14th August 2013, 10:12     #101
Lightspeed

We have these apparently extremely left policies to thank for the current state of NZ. Y'know, lowest corruption, amongst the best education, health, low unemployment in a difficult economic climate, etc., etc.
Old 14th August 2013, 10:55     #102
aR Que

of course, labour is responsible for all that is good, anything bad, it was that key guy!

policies don't make a country great, the people do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I'm asking about Conservative though.
here's me thinking uf was conservative, but you meant the party yea. Tbh, i have Nfi what they're about.