Is this a foolish decision?
Old 29th June 2011, 08:03     #2
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yes.
Old 29th June 2011, 08:50     #3
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Isn't the point of the electoral system we have to vote for you will believe will do the best job? Why would anyone (especially here) get to veto your vote?
Old 29th June 2011, 08:56     #4
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
Why would anyone (especially here) get to veto your vote?
wat
Old 29th June 2011, 09:14     #5
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

If you support communist ideals and a party that will achieve nothing at all because even if they're in government they will be marginalised then that's probably the best way to vote.

If you care about the environment then all of the parties have robust and quite similar views of what should happen or be maintained. The media will suggest to you otherwise so that they can sell you sensationalised shock-horror content. If this is the case then National or labour are good voting choices. They're basically both the same except labour has lost the plot for the next couple of elections and so National is the only sane choice today out of the two.

If you care about the environment and are right-wing then vote for ACT but be aware that this is like voting green - essentially pointless for most purposes.

If you're a good wholesome person with no particular agenda and you just want sensible representation then vote Maori; they're good people who act sensibly and with integrity.

If you're an entitlement seeking beneficiary who cares nothing for your own future then Mana has set up shop just for you.
Old 29th June 2011, 09:27     #6
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

So what changes would Greens have to make to get your vote?
Old 29th June 2011, 09:29     #7
CCS
Stunt Pants

Get ride of everyone in the Green Party for a start... I assume you're against hydro-electric dams?
Old 29th June 2011, 09:29     #8
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

If National care about the environment then why are they building a dam on a pristine river on the west coast destroying an ecosystem when they don't even need the power? It's flippin' ludicrous. I just want to make an informed decision I could go Maori, I'm not racist in the slightest. Haere Ra.
Old 29th June 2011, 09:31     #9
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Yeah the guy campaigning in Rotorua has zero charisma. He gave a long boring talk to all his supporters with zero communication strategy, like preaching to the choir. It was very very torturous and I started laughing cos I couldn't get out stuck in a boring presentation with no escape, on my on time, God save me.

Last edited by ZeroBC : 29th June 2011 at 09:33.
Old 29th June 2011, 09:34     #10
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroBC
Green

Is this a foolish decision?
If you've had a look at the different parties policies and how they do things and then choose the one you like best then I wouldn't call that a foolish vote regardless of who you end up voting for.
Old 29th June 2011, 09:36     #11
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Well I know who I dislike immensely and from your quick summaries I'm down to Greens and Maori
Old 29th June 2011, 09:39     #12
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Maori television is actually really good. I enjoy the nutters club, cept he keeps interviewing drug reformed people out of jail.
Old 29th June 2011, 09:45     #13
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Has any one of you tried the political compass, Me and all my friends come out Liberal Left with Ghandi and Mandala and no NZ parties are even in this quadrant, it's quite weird.
Old 29th June 2011, 09:54     #14
CCS
Stunt Pants

If you're changing your vote, who were you voting for before?
Old 29th June 2011, 10:11     #15
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

My Vote History is this:
2001: Act
2004: National
2007: National
Old 29th June 2011, 10:12     #16
fixed_truth

Old 29th June 2011, 10:13     #17
CCS
Stunt Pants

What's making you swing to the left?
Old 29th June 2011, 10:26     #18
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Good Question.

1) Environment
2) Sustainability
3) Lack of incentive for New Zealand made
4) a complete and shit utter waste of space social service
5) selling of state owned assets
6) Education system
7) Health system
8) Employment Relations
9) Lack of holidays
10) not enough Money
11) too much wasted money on living expenses
12) lack of compassion and altruism for Christchurch
13) too much penny pushing and time management
14) Not enough support for families that are actually together
15) Not enough backing for creative minds
16) Not dealing to fat people

Last edited by ZeroBC : 29th June 2011 at 10:31.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:28     #19
CCS
Stunt Pants

Do you think we were better off under Labour?

Quote:
9) Lack of holidays
10) not enough Money
Bahahahaaa! Four weeks a year plus public holidays not enough for you?

Oh, not enough money, yeah. Ok. I'll vote for whatever party will hand out some cash to me.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:30     #20
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Considered our Westward neighbours?
Old 29th June 2011, 10:32     #21
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

I'd consider contracting you as a minimum wage employee CSS $15 p/h but you need to add value.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:33     #22
CCS
Stunt Pants

Tell me how many holidays Australians get and then tell me why four weeks isn't enough.

This money thing... if you just want more money, maybe you could move to Australia? I'm pretty sure Australia has had better pay than us for a long time but I guess it is en vogue to talk about catching up to Australia at the moment.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:34     #23
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

talk about a few of those other things not just what your good at
Old 29th June 2011, 10:34     #24
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
I'd consider contracting you as a minimum wage employee CSS $15 p/h but you need to add value.
Sorry, I can't do internet programming.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:35     #25
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
talk about a few of those other things not just what your good at
Make sense, please.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:35     #26
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Where do you add value to society?

P.P.S. I'm experiencing some delays in this forum keeps making me wait a minute or two to post. This isn't very streamline. Nothing like the 90s'
Old 29th June 2011, 10:36     #27
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

I'll make it simple for you, tell me what your party is doing about this issue: 1) Environment
Old 29th June 2011, 10:37     #28
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Where do you add value to society?
I don't understand the point of this question.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:38     #29
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
I'll make it simple for you, tell me what your party is doing about this issue: 1) Environment
I don't have a party.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:41     #30
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I don't understand the point of this question.
Well with that I have lost all respect for you, can you ignore people on this thing?
Old 29th June 2011, 10:43     #31
CCS
Stunt Pants

That's fine. I lost all respect for you quite a few posts ago so now I guess we're even. I wonder if you realise how tedious it is talking to someone who can only speak in vague statements but can't articulate his reasoning or his thought process and doesn't seem to have any point.

It's actually like talking to a young child.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:45     #32
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

LOL, feeble troll
Old 29th June 2011, 10:49     #33
CCS
Stunt Pants

No, it's not a troll. I'm serious. You're not very good at expressing yourself.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:56     #34
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

and you express nothing?
Old 29th June 2011, 11:05     #35
CCS
Stunt Pants

Uhh... no... I don't think you actually understand what I'm saying. When I speak, I'm conveying and idea or meaning. You're not. You speak in one or two sentence statements. I don't believe you realise this.

I think that rather than being defensive, you should embrace what I'm saying to you and strive to better yourself. I suppose if somebody tells you that you don't make sense, it's natural to take it as an insult and lash out. However, instead of becoming aggravated, you should see it as an opportunity to prove me wrong by demonstrating that you can in fact express your ideas.
Old 29th June 2011, 11:08     #36
BoyWonder

You sound like a forum plant for the Green Party.

It starts off as vague fence sitting but then all of a sudden its a detailed list of areas of concern and then you successfully turn it into an argument.
Old 29th June 2011, 11:10     #37
CCS
Stunt Pants

"I used to vote NACT but now I have seen the Way and the Light and I'm voting Green this year!"
Why?
"Can't really say. But it feelsgoodman."
Old 29th June 2011, 11:10     #38
cyc
Objection!

ZeroBC, let me try and help you another way. At the moment you're coming across like a carbon copy of the resident retard of NZG, Lightspeed, in that all you're offering are glib, one/two-line statements that either say nothing or come across as though you have some hidden meaning which you're unable/unwilling to fully articulate because you lack the gumption to articulate your ideas.

Do you want to descend to LS' childishness?
Old 29th June 2011, 11:18     #39
ZoSo

I doubt a plant would chuck in 4) & 16). That would be too elaborate and other posts don't quite show that kind of sophistication. Seems more like a save the snails type.
Old 29th June 2011, 11:39     #40
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
ZeroBC, let me try and help you another way. At the moment you're coming across like a carbon copy of the resident retard of NZG, Lightspeed, in that all you're offering are glib, one/two-line statements that either say nothing or come across as though you have some hidden meaning which you're unable/unwilling to fully articulate because you lack the gumption to articulate your ideas.
Thankyou cyc, I appreciate your feedback. Is there anything in particular you consider vague and would like me to talk about? What wordcount should I aim for in order to satisfy your requirements? I don't have a lot of time, so very very busy.