Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 18th August 2010, 14:58     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

ACT

OK yeah fine, I gave them my party vote at the last election.

Look, I'm sorry, OK? I'm sorry.

Fuck, we all make mistakes! Jesus! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME?
Old 18th August 2010, 16:03     #2
Cynos

Don't you love how the Germans have a word for everything? My freude is a tad schaden, I must admit.
Old 18th August 2010, 16:13     #3
BoyWonder

Yes same here...
Old 18th August 2010, 18:50     #4
JP

You gave your party vote to ACT????????? Sorry isn't good enough. The piece of shit just needs to get it over with and die.
Old 18th August 2010, 18:52     #5
chubby

Old 18th August 2010, 19:01     #6
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

They were about accountability! Cutting MPs' perks! They were just what we needed! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!!
Old 18th August 2010, 19:02     #7
crocos

Come now Ab, no politician is EVER about increased accountability or reduced perks. Not really. That's a silly Simon.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 18th August 2010, 22:11     #8
madmaxii

Chubby - LOVE your shoes
Old 18th August 2010, 23:35     #9
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab

Dude, that mistake will never be forgiven.
Old 18th August 2010, 23:44     #10
MrTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab

horrible guy!
Old 18th August 2010, 23:56     #11
crocos

Simon will be posting to say MHG is old enough to vote and someone will say "Do you remember that time you voted ACT?"

Old 18th August 2010, 23:59     #12
cEvin
Love In Vein

don't worry i did the same, lets make this a group apology thread.
Old 19th August 2010, 01:36     #13
ZoSo

To add to the shame, poor old Ab gets mocked by those who despise Winston's antics, yet who will be rubbing their hands together to see how he props them up.
Oh the humanity.
Old 19th August 2010, 09:55     #14
xor

Simon^^
Old 19th August 2010, 10:00     #15
SID|DensitY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab

could of been worse.. you could of voted for the greens *ducks*
Old 19th August 2010, 10:45     #16
fixed_truth

I'm surprised Act didn't learn from the Carter debacle. It's looks like it's gonna be devastating for their party vote.

SID|DensitY I don't think that Abs position on the political spectrum has changed? I think it's more that Act isn't living up to what they campaigned on. Love or loathe the Greens ideology, when you vote for them you pretty much get what you asked for.
Old 19th August 2010, 13:25     #17
Cynos

I've always wondered why ACT was so suicidal. I mean, seriously - opposing MMP? Surely they like having more than one MP?
Old 19th August 2010, 14:07     #18
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

I once voted for United Future because they campaigned as a "sensible middle ground" party. How little I knew
Old 19th August 2010, 14:27     #19
GRiM ReeFer

facepalm

Quote:
Originally posted by malibu girl liz
Party: Act.
Candidate: National.
Old 19th August 2010, 15:02     #20
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
I once voted for United Future because they campaigned as a "sensible middle ground" party. How little I knew
I once stopped meditating for relaxation because cults.co.nz said it's a dangerous occult practice. How little I knew

Old 19th August 2010, 17:16     #21
cyc
Objection!

ACT PARTY TOLERATES NO SWEAR WORDS!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10667313

Dear Rodney, stop making a fool of yourself.
Old 19th August 2010, 17:42     #22
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Obviously Heather had just got back from the gym when she wrote that paper.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:41     #23
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10667313

Dear Rodney, stop making a fool of yourself.
It seems that Rodney Hide is channelling Graeme Capill from prison.
Old 19th August 2010, 23:22     #24
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
To add to the shame, poor old Ab gets mocked by those who despise Winston's antics, yet who will be rubbing their hands together to see how he props them up.
Oh the humanity.
Quote:
4:00 AM Tuesday Aug 3, 2010
Quote:
Mr Key yesterday told TVNZ National would decide if it could work with NZ First once Mr Peters confirmed he was standing.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10663189
Old 20th August 2010, 01:09     #25
Lightspeed

I guess I should be grateful that parties like ACT and NZ First are run by a pack of petty idiots. It's not like their policies are likely to get any momentum, as they are.

At least, I'd hope not.
Old 20th August 2010, 01:46     #26
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

It doesn't seem that long ago that Rodney Hide was the only opposition MP actually doing his job, exposing Labour and NZ First's corruption and sticking it to Helen and Winston in the House.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:25     #27
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I guess I should be grateful that parties like ACT and NZ First are run by a pack of petty idiots. It's not like their policies are likely to get any momentum, as they are.

At least, I'd hope not.
Well, if you oppose the retarded "three strikes" law, you might want to look into what Act had to do with its enactment.
Old 20th August 2010, 18:08     #28
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
It doesn't seem that long ago that Rodney Hide was the only opposition MP actually doing his job, exposing Labour and NZ First's corruption and sticking it to Helen and Winston in the House.
Sounds like you thought he was an excellent opposition MP, why'd you vote for him? Surely it would have been better if he like.. stayed there.. in opposition..

In my early twenties I contemplated voting Act. Being libertarian (albeit left-wing) they sooort of appealed to me, but it's been pretty obvious for years now that the "Liberal" tagline is just a gimmick for them :/
Old 20th August 2010, 18:36     #29
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis
Sounds like you thought he was an excellent opposition MP, why'd you vote for him? Surely it would have been better if he like.. stayed there.. in opposition..

In my early twenties I contemplated voting Act. Being libertarian (albeit left-wing) they sooort of appealed to me, but it's been pretty obvious for years now that the "Liberal" tagline is just a gimmick for them :/
Yeah, same. I think they use 'liberal' as a synonym for 'want to be donated to by wealthy people, please.'
Old 20th August 2010, 19:27     #30
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Well, if you oppose the retarded "three strikes" law, you might want to look into what Act had to do with its enactment.
Yeah, that one got a little too much traction. Although I suspect that's in part due to sympathisers within National.
Old 22nd August 2010, 11:44     #31
Evoke

I too voted for Act (third time in a row) and am now deeply disappointed. Additionally, it turns out Rodney is an avid supporter of comp meds.
Old 22nd August 2010, 13:48     #32
fixed_truth

that's a paddlin
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:45     #33
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoke
I too voted for Act (third time in a row) and am now deeply disappointed. Additionally, it turns out Rodney is an avid supporter of comp meds.
Lol, believes in homeopathy but not climate change eh? The guy has "Motueka stoner" written all over his shiny, shiny head.
Old 25th August 2010, 12:31     #34
fixed_truth

http://www.3news.co.nz/ACT-list-cand...0/Default.aspx

Quote:
ACT list candidate Peter Tashkoff says he will challenge party leader Rodney Hide for the Epsom nomination at the next election.

"My opinion is that Rodney Hide is a liability to the ACT Party, a failure as a leader and that he has got to go," Mr Tashkoff said in a statement tonight.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:48     #35
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't ACT's presence in Parliament and Government due SOLELY TO RODNEY HIDE??!!

Jesus.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:55     #36
doppelgänger of someone

I like the fact that Labour and now ACT can't help but jam their thumbs to the self destruct button.

Imagine what they would do if they have control of Russia's or America's nuclear arsenal. Sweet sweet nuclear winter ahoy!
Old 25th August 2010, 15:09     #37
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

ACT self-destructed when Rodney milked the system to take his GF on a round-the-world holiday on the taxpayers' tab.
Old 15th September 2010, 15:51     #38
Deadmeat

facepalm

Quote:
"Using a method made known by the publication of the novel Day of the Jackal, I obtrained the birth certificate of a child born around the time I was born, but who died in infancy. I used this birth certificate to obtain a passport in that child's name," Garrett told Parliament.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...th-certificate
Old 15th September 2010, 16:04     #39
pervy

Awesome. All those people in this thread who voted ACT should sacrifice a pinky TBH
Old 15th September 2010, 16:13     #40
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel