Live on the shore, voted for Banks.
Old 7th October 2010, 17:36     #82
CCS
Stunt Pants

Thumbs up

Shore Syde for Banks, WHADDUP!
Old 7th October 2010, 18:37     #83
BoyWonder

I do wonder if the early reports of Len Brown winning might just work against him... i.e. Len Brown supporters sitting back and not voting, Banks supporters suddenly motivated to get theirs in.
Old 7th October 2010, 20:44     #84
CCS
Stunt Pants

Nah, Labour will make sure they've knocked on the door of every darkie in south auckland and ticked the box for brown. "We'll make sure we mail that right away for you! Wouldn't want you to forget about it or be too lazy to post it in time!"
Old 7th October 2010, 21:34     #85
ZoSo

/cue movie trailer voice

'From the same people who brought you Hubbard and his City Vision bloc..'
Old 9th October 2010, 15:08     #86
JP

Sweet, no more banksy.
Old 9th October 2010, 15:22     #87
Lightspeed

Hahaha, this pic says it all:

Old 9th October 2010, 15:36     #88
Nich

GG WP cheeser
Old 9th October 2010, 15:48     #89
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

So Brown's got it in Auckland?
Old 9th October 2010, 15:53     #90
GM

I reckon Banks lost a lot of votes because of his son.
Old 9th October 2010, 16:13     #91
zeekiorage

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10679260

Quote:
Mr Brown polled 221,167 votes, compared to 161,167 votes for Mr Banks, a victory by 60,198 votes, according to the first progress result declared after the polls closed at midday.

Businessman Colin Craig was in third place with 40,483 votes.
Old 9th October 2010, 17:02     #92
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Sweet, no more banksy.
It's great that the majority of voters had the sense not to vote for this bigot.

GG Aucklanders
Old 9th October 2010, 17:18     #93
The Edge

Len Brown wins, awesome. Farewell John Banks.
Old 9th October 2010, 17:50     #94
Lightspeed

Time to go back to Whangarei, Banks!
Old 9th October 2010, 18:05     #95
leadinjector

so we have a mayor who cant control his emotions when he gets busted for abusing privilege. great. not that banks would have been any better though >.>
Old 9th October 2010, 18:36     #96
zeekiorage

Controlling emotions? I heard Banks was in tears in the court over the death of the guy who died of alcohol poisoning. Who knows, it might just have been a last ditch effort to get a few sympathy votes.

If you watched the mayoral debates. Brown did really well and Banks not so well. In fact I'm pretty sure Banks got booed more than once.
Old 9th October 2010, 19:26     #97
SickBo@Work

Yeh that face slapping was cringeworthy, not as bad as pissing on trees though but the guy just seems to be trying to be someone he's not.

Poor Banks. Hope he runs next time.
Old 9th October 2010, 19:38     #98
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
/cue movie trailer voice

'From the same people who brought you Hubbard and his City Vision bloc..'
Truth.
Old 9th October 2010, 20:01     #99
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I find it hard to believe that a candidate who basically said "I will never be 100% honest about what I spend your money on" got elected.
Old 9th October 2010, 20:26     #100
zeekiorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I find it hard to believe that a candidate who basically said "I will never be 100% honest about what I spend your money on" got elected.
Honest politicians? I think they have been on the endangered species list for decades. In fact I am pretty sure they are extinct by now.
Old 9th October 2010, 20:33     #101
doppelgänger of someone

Brown is lesser of two evils
Old 9th October 2010, 20:42     #102
CCS
Stunt Pants

Banks, afaik, had a pretty good record for his last term and kept his nose clean. Brown otoh was involved in scandal after scandal and moaned that only Jesus was scrutinised as much as him.

With Banks you know what you're getting. With Brown, the worst us still to come.
Old 9th October 2010, 20:45     #103
zeekiorage

Nail biting finish in Wellington...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/loca...s-by-a-whisker

Quote:
Kerry Prendergast has retained the Wellington mayoralty with a majority of only 40 votes but the result could be overturned once special votes are counted.

Ms Prendergast leads rival Celia Wade-Brown by 24,468 votes to 24,428.

The 900 special votes are due to be counted on Monday though the results may not be known until Wednesday.
Old 9th October 2010, 21:18     #104
ipee

Banks not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed is he?

Basically telling the industrial heartland of Auckland to go fuck themselves and then expect to win the election? Len Brown has done wonders for South Auckland, hence his popularity. Clearly the right person won.
Old 9th October 2010, 21:52     #105
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
With Banks you know what you're getting.
The failed minister of police?
Old 9th October 2010, 22:34     #106
CCS
Stunt Pants

Well I didn't say he was great
Old 10th October 2010, 07:00     #107
QWERTY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipee
Banks not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed is he?

Basically telling the industrial heartland of Auckland to go fuck themselves and then expect to win the election? Len Brown has done wonders for South Auckland, hence his popularity. Clearly the right person won.
I remeber people said that when hubbard won as well, and he was completely clueless,useless,incompetent.

Though Len was an actual major so he may do ok.
Old 10th October 2010, 10:46     #108
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekiorage
Nail biting finish in Wellington...
Not finished yet either... please, if there's anything that I ask for this years it's that Prendegast doesn't get in again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff
Prendergast, looking for a fourth term, gained 24,468 votes and Wade-Brown 24,428. With 900 special and late votes to count, the result may not be known until Wednesday.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/loca...pital-in-limbo

So 900 or so votes to go and we'll know.

Pixie
Old 10th October 2010, 10:49     #109
spigalau

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWERTY?
I remeber people said that when hubbard won as well, and he was completely clueless,useless,incompetent.

Though Len was an actual major so he may do ok.
Funny you should bring Hubbard in to play, as he was 'rumoured' to be one of the financial backers of Browns tilt at the job.

Will be interesting to see how things go from here, the Volare dinner info should be released this week - so will be interesting to see why Brown was so keen to hide who he spent council funds on.
Old 10th October 2010, 11:03     #110
Wally Simmonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Not finished yet either... please, if there's anything that I ask for this years it's that Prendegast doesn't get in again...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/loca...pital-in-limbo

So 900 or so votes to go and we'll know.

Pixie
Who on earth keeps voting for her? +1 for turfing that bitch out
Old 10th October 2010, 12:24     #111
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Banks, afaik, had a pretty good record for his last term and kept his nose clean. Brown otoh was involved in scandal after scandal and moaned that only Jesus was scrutinised as much as him.

With Banks you know what you're getting. With Brown, the worst us still to come.

so ...much...bullshit..

you actually think that a mandate for banks+uber-city = business as usual?

(even if that were a good thing) you clearly haven't been paying attention, mr spokesman for the oppressed majority.
Old 10th October 2010, 18:49     #112
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby
so ...much...bullshit..
You disagree? Please explain.

Quote:
you actually think that a mandate for banks+uber-city = business as usual?
I'm not sure how you got that from what I posted. Perhaps you have reading difficulties?

Quote:
mr spokesman for the oppressed majority.
wat?
Old 10th October 2010, 19:14     #113
chubby

Wacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
wat?
Old 10th October 2010, 19:26     #114
CCS
Stunt Pants

Just as I thought, you can't back up your argument when you don't have a link to support yourself.
Old 10th October 2010, 19:42     #115
chubby

Thumbs up

i lost interest in making arguments with you and the other dickheads a looong time ago.
no backup is necessary-the idiocy of your opinion is clear from the post i quoted.

led by a crooked media, your talking points are incessant until debunked, and then only cranked out again once the stupider followers have had time to forget the facts.

i dont enjoy the shouting down thing you guys have going, and so just swing by to find examples of your stupid for clever people.
the OHP loves ya boy.
Old 11th October 2010, 00:26     #116
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Simmonds
Who on earth keeps voting for her? +1 for turfing that bitch out
One would assume that's the 24,468 Wellingtonians that really want that ice skating rink she promised several elections ago, and figure maybe this time she'll deliver.
Old 11th October 2010, 00:49     #117
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
i lost interest in making arguments with you and the other dickheads a looong time ago.
no backup is necessary-the idiocy of your opinion is clear from the post i quoted.

led by a crooked media, your talking points are incessant until debunked, and then only cranked out again once the stupider followers have had time to forget the facts.

i dont enjoy the shouting down thing you guys have going, and so just swing by to find examples of your stupid for clever people.
the OHP loves ya boy.
Lol, the crooked media? If by OHP you mean overhead projector (and I hope you're not going to the effort to put nzgames posts on a projector for a group discussion, because that is really sad) then I'm guessing it's a group of people as equally stupid as you. Which is unfortunate because it gives the left wing a bad rep.
"Look, I completely misinterpret what he says because I have a learning disability! Look at me preaching to the converted! Look, now he's making fun of people with learning disabilities!"
*hissss!*
Old 11th October 2010, 00:54     #118
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

Quote:
your talking points are incessant until debunked, and then only cranked out again once the stupider followers have had time to forget the facts.
This seems true on a few levels I think.
Old 11th October 2010, 06:39     #119
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Lol, the crooked media? If by OHP you mean overhead projector (and I hope you're not going to the effort to put nzgames posts on a projector for a group discussion, because that is really sad) then I'm guessing it's a group of people as equally stupid as you. Which is unfortunate because it gives the left wing a bad rep.
"Look, I completely misinterpret what he says because I have a learning disability! Look at me preaching to the converted! Look, now he's making fun of people with learning disabilities!"
*hissss!*

poor guy.
you get misinterpreted a lot.
i think its the way you so seldom offer 'your opinion'-most likely cause its hard to scurry away from something you take ownership of.
Old 11th October 2010, 13:21     #120
CCS
Stunt Pants

Huh? I offer my opinion all the time. What the fucka re you talking about? You were just telling me that my 'talking points' are incessant and now you say I seldom offer my opinion? That's pretty rich coming from a guy who has never once offered a genuine opinion of his own.