Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 24th June 2010, 02:14     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Australia *has* a ginga PM

Aussie PM Kevin Rudd has called for a leadership ballot tomorrow. Deputy leader Julia Gillard may be Australia's first female PM.
Old 24th June 2010, 09:55     #2
fixed_truth

I don't really follow Australian politics that much, though I heard on the radio her described as like a 'young Helen Clark'. Which if true could be a good or a bad thing depending on who you're asking.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:31     #3
::Shocker

NZ Herald now reporting that Rudd has stepped down.

I have to say, as far as leadership coups go, this seems to have been flawlessly executed.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:51     #4
ZoSo

Must be more wary of Hughes & Norman. Could be the start of a sinister ginga invasion.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:53     #5
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Nicely done by Gillard. I've always liked her. But unless she ditches the Labor Party's insane Internet policies I'm going to stay in a position of FUCK YOU.
Old 24th June 2010, 13:01     #6
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Aussie PM Kevin Rudd has called for a leadership ballot tomorrow. Deputy leader Julia Gillard may be Australia's first female PM.
The Labor Govt has lost the plot, imploding before the next election. Please let Abbott and his team come through with the goods, then we might have a govt that does not really care too much about the internet and any other social engineering projects the left wing bible bashers deem important..
Old 24th June 2010, 13:27     #7
CCS
Stunt Pants

lol, GINGZ!!!

Isn't it peculiar how both NZ and Aus got their first female prime minister by way of a coup...

Moral of story? Don't trust a womins. They'll kick yo ass out on the street and take everything you've got.
Old 24th June 2010, 13:34     #8
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

It's the only way it could ever happen in Australia.

In the good news category for the morning, however, is the fact that Australia's next Prime Minister appears to be a godless atheist.

Praise the lord.
Old 24th June 2010, 13:35     #9
ZoSo

Sanity prevails.
Old 24th June 2010, 14:14     #10
Bandalador

I bet you if she were actually campaigning for PM she would have been a christ kisser.
Old 24th June 2010, 14:28     #11
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
left wing bible bashers
AFAIK 'left wing' & 'bible basher' is logically impossible.
Old 24th June 2010, 14:52     #12
Bandalador

How so?
Being a lefty does not mean that you also MUST be an anti religion, turtle neck wearing, theatre going 'intelectual' as well.
I'm pretty sure that the only religion that pretty much means you're 100% going to be right wing is Catholic. These new age "christians" are as fruity as JP. Just look at lightspeed, total fucking lefty care bear tool who thinks he's an intellectual, and yet claims to be 'christian'.
Old 24th June 2010, 15:01     #13
fixed_truth

I think that you can be a 'christian' without being a 'Bible basher'. A bible basher is fundamental about the bible. This necessitates being against gays, other religion, abortion, non-nuclear family types, sex, drugs etc. All these things are conservative rather than left wing.
Old 24th June 2010, 15:25     #14
Xanatos
Antagonist Prime

Holy fuck, woke up to find that the mining industry has just overthrown Australia and installed a ginger puppet as the new dear leader.
Old 24th June 2010, 15:54     #15
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
left wing bible bashers
I wouldn't describe either Rudd or Conroy as left-wing - I'd call them both conservatives. They just happen to be part of a Labor government.
Old 24th June 2010, 16:07     #16
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Julia Gillard just got sworn in as Prime Minister by the Governor-General.

Gillard read a secular affirmation. She did not hold a Bible, Koran, or copy of Dianetics.

Fuck yeah.
Old 24th June 2010, 16:25     #17
Bandalador

I'd be just as disturbed by her holding a Bill Maher dvd.
Old 24th June 2010, 17:03     #18
BadNova

But does she support an 18+ rating for games?

Old 24th June 2010, 17:37     #19
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanatos
Holy fuck, woke up to find that the mining industry has just overthrown Australia and installed a ginger puppet as the new dear leader.
Stone the flamin crows there's a bloody sheila prime minister!
Old 24th June 2010, 18:01     #20
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Not just that, she's an unmarried atheist immigrant sheila! Fair suck of the sav mate!
Old 24th June 2010, 18:09     #21
TnT

I told you all our day would come! Our day in the sun is finally here, I just hope someone remember the sunscreen!
Old 24th June 2010, 19:22     #22
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab

Gillard read a secular affirmation. She did not hold a Bible, Koran, or copy of Dianetics.

Fuck yeah.
Old 24th June 2010, 19:38     #23
CCS
Stunt Pants

o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
I told you all our day would come! Our day in the sun is finally here, I just hope someone remember the sunscreen!
I spy a daywalker. KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Old 24th June 2010, 19:42     #24
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
Damn right
Old 25th June 2010, 15:21     #25
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I notice that the Australian Christian Lobby is deathly silent over the fact that the leader of the country declined to be sworn in with a Bible.
Old 25th June 2010, 15:42     #26
?>Superman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab

Fuck yeah.
Old 25th June 2010, 17:20     #27
Cinclant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT

Last edited by Cinclant : 25th June 2010 at 17:22.
Old 25th June 2010, 20:30     #28
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandalador
How so?
Being a lefty does not mean that you also MUST be an anti religion, turtle neck wearing, theatre going 'intelectual' as well.
I'm pretty sure that the only religion that pretty much means you're 100% going to be right wing is Catholic. These new age "christians" are as fruity as JP. Just look at lightspeed, total fucking lefty care bear tool who thinks he's an intellectual, and yet claims to be 'christian'.
Wow, you're still carrying a grudge? I mean you even misspelled intellectual. Then you make a generalisation that I don't think even applies to even a single person on these forums (who are these turtle neck theatre going people? How dare they!). What the hell is an 'intellectual' anyway? Someone with intellect? If you are attacking intelligence, then I mean, what do you think you're defending?

Yes baited. But I mean, jesus.

Also the point is much better explained by the distinction between parties and ideologies. Almost all 'intellectuals' I believe you are referring to, would vote Democrat in America. Yet the Democratic part is to the right policy wise of many ideals of 'conservative' parties in NZ and Aus.

The term Nanny State is retarded, but just those two words would be a better explanation than yours mate. There's nothing uniquely Christian about knee jerk reactions about issues people do not understand.
Old 26th June 2010, 12:54     #29
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Almost all 'intellectuals' I believe you are referring to, would vote Democrat in America. Yet the Democratic part is to the right policy wise of many ideals of 'conservative' parties in NZ and Aus.
This. America is so batshit crazy now that the "liberal left-wing" Democratic Party would be regarded as hard-right fascists in any other country in the world.
Old 26th June 2010, 13:55     #30
Bandalador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
This. NZ is so batshit crazy now that the "center-right" National Party would be regarded as a hippy commune in any other country in the world.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:36     #31
fixed_truth

Exclamation

I don't want to call her a homophobic biatch, but I don't see how an "unregistered cohabitation" is equal to a registered civil union (gay marriage).

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...e/1873635.aspx
Old 28th July 2010, 21:13     #32
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Feels weird to admit to myself that after a few beers I'd possibly tap the Prime Minister.

http://is.gd/dO6Oo
Old 28th July 2010, 21:43     #33
fobski

hahaha

man, tis shocking all the shit shes getting from the media for not being married and crap, jesus christ WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER, YOU FAMILY GROUPS CAN FUCK OFF.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:44     #34
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Feels weird to admit to myself that after a few beers I'd possibly tap the Prime Minister.

http://is.gd/dO6Oo
Yeah, I know what you're saying. Although the illusion is broken as soon as she speaks.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:59     #35
CCS
Stunt Pants

o_O

Jeez you buggers are easily taken in by a bit of make up and a bit of sympathetic lighting.