NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 9th June 2011, 17:09     #1
PhX

Whats the deal with the referendum?

I'm a noob at politics but surely if MMP is such a concern as to spark up a referendum on it I'm inclined to do some research... what better place then a internet forum right? Anyone wish to enlighten me?

Last edited by PhX : 9th June 2011 at 17:10.
Old 9th June 2011, 17:23     #2
aR Que

http://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/m...-2011-election
Old 9th June 2011, 18:32     #3
fixed_truth

It's only really a concern to National because they believe that MMP favours the left.

Some good points here http://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=85627
Old 29th June 2011, 09:35     #4
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Can't we just kick out the Monarchy I think that would be more liberating.
Old 29th June 2011, 09:39     #5
CCS
Stunt Pants

What would that do for us?
Old 29th June 2011, 09:41     #6
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

What do they do for us? Why do they control our law?
Old 29th June 2011, 09:42     #7
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

What's up with our shit flag and anthum? I'm sick of being some colony. It's not at all representative of who I am. And don't get how arduous it is singing some silly song About God at a rugby game. Torture.
Old 29th June 2011, 09:46     #8
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroBC
What do they do for us? Why do they control our law?
What aspect of our law do they control?

Quote:
What's up with our shit flag and anthum? I'm sick of being some colony.
We haven't been a colony for a long time. I think the problem here is your state of mind rather than the Queen being our figurehead.
Old 29th June 2011, 09:47     #9
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Do they have any power, do they get any money? Didn't Canada break out? I'm very shore there is a Royal High comissioner that operates out of Brittan that makes all our ultimate law decisions.
Old 29th June 2011, 09:51     #10
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
It's only really a concern to National because they believe that MMP favours the left.
Has Bob Harvey and Michael Bassett gone National?
Old 29th June 2011, 09:57     #11
CCS
Stunt Pants

Why the resentment of the royal family? What influence or impact do they have on your daily life? In practical terms that is, rather than "they killed the maoris and that makes me sad".
Old 29th June 2011, 10:08     #12
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

I like Will and Kate, don't get me wrong but I couldn't give two fucks about the kiss on the balcony or Pippa. I was watching the Breakers. Wouldn't it be nice to be done with the UK Monarchy and be independant before the World Cup? Perhaps vote in a Monarchy of our one, NZ Model syles, just for show but I like castles.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:09     #13
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Do they have any power, do they get any money? Didn't Canada break out? I'm very shore there is a Royal High comissioner that operates out of Brittan that makes all our ultimate law decisions.
As Tax payers we pay for the upkeep of the governer general I believe, but turfing him and the Queen out would just result in another head of state that we'd probably end up paying more for.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:09     #14
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

But if you do vote in a Monarchy I'd like to be considered for King status.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:11     #15
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
I like Will and Kate, don't get me wrong but I couldn't give two fucks about the kiss on the balcony or Pippa.
.... so what? It's not like there was a royal decree that you must give a shit about them. Making the country independent isn't going to change the royal wedding and it's coverage one iota.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:12     #16
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

It may change the culture. I don't really want to see ugly sour bastards in the stands when I watch the All Blacks underperform, or more importantly the all mighty Black Caps
Old 29th June 2011, 10:13     #17
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:
If only there was some vast interconnected series of terminals that would allow us to access information regarding those very questions.

Not that I think if there was, it could help you. Thicky.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:14     #18
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Well Political systems have to fullly disclose all economical expendature don't they?
Old 29th June 2011, 10:14     #19
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
It may change the culture. I don't really want to see ugly sour bastards in the stands when I watch the All Blacks underperform, or more importantly the all mighty Black Caps
Change...the...culture...? I don't understand.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:15     #20
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Be the change, get irratated.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:16     #21
[WanG] Wandarah

The culture man, the oppressive monarchist culture that we all live under. It would be totally liberating to break out of these black-iron shackles that prohibit the growth of our Rugby culture! Just like Canada!
Old 29th June 2011, 10:20     #22
CCS
Stunt Pants

Sad

Quote:
Be the change, get irratated.
I can't tell if your poor spelling is a troll or if you really can't spell basic words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah
The culture man, the oppressive monarchist culture that we all live under. It would be totally liberating to break out of these black-iron shackles that prohibit the growth of our Rugby culture! Just like Canada!
You joke, but a lot of people seriously seem to believe that. At the end of the day, it's just a load of feelgood bullshit. People with insecurities who need to feel better about themselves.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:20     #23
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Do it for Canada eh! I know a few Wizards who'd be up for some mild banter, costumes optional.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:22     #24
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I can't tell if your poor spelling is a troll or if you really can't spell basic words.
I'm sorry man, my browser doesn't have a spell checker this technology is archaic. Should I use word every time I use this and look for red squiggly lines, would that make you happier?
Old 29th June 2011, 10:25     #25
CCS
Stunt Pants

I think you just need to learn to spell. It's actually not hard.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:33     #26
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Top effort CCS I think your awesome cos you spell right.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:36     #27
[WanG] Wandarah

CSS is a company man Zero, a stooge. He'll tow the Royal line. You know it, I know it. I don't want to have to watch people like him while I watch Rugby in the Republic of Liberated New Zealand. I stand with you.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:36     #28
CCS
Stunt Pants

There are many reasons to think I'm awesome; good spelling is just one of them.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:38     #29
Skanks
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

The reference to Canada amuses me as they still have the same Queen as us, they aren't a republic. All they did was change their flag.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:38     #30
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Well If anyone’s up for a bit of espionage the Wizards will come just think of some entertaining things we can do.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:39     #31
[WanG] Wandarah

They didn't break out?
Old 29th June 2011, 10:39     #32
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Probing question, who is the leading OECD country right now?
Old 29th June 2011, 10:40     #33
[WanG] Wandarah

Holy fucking shit, is this thing on?
Old 29th June 2011, 10:44     #34
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

They probably didn't want to lose their participation status at the commonwealth games, didn't Aussie break out?
Old 29th June 2011, 10:46     #35
[WanG] Wandarah

Yeah like, I dunno for sure if Canada broke out, but I reckon Australia must've broken out for real. They have like, different forms of Rugby and shit.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:47     #36
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
didn't Aussie break out?
Break out of...?
Old 29th June 2011, 10:50     #37
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Break out of...?
Are you stupid? Bloody Monarchy you moron. You really need to think hard before you post cos right now your an unmitigated disaster.

If you'd like a proper duel we can do it in Quake Live or if you have a following challenge the WiZards of Darkness.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:51     #38
aR Que

THE OPPRESSION!
Old 29th June 2011, 10:52     #39
^BITES^

Quote:
Are you stupid? Bloody Monarchy you moron. You really need to think hard before you post cos right now your an unmitigated disaster.

If you'd like a proper duel we can do it in Quake Live or if you have a following challenge the WiZards of Darkness.
All I want to know in this fanatistical kingdom you've created is there a princess? and is she in another castle?

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 29th June 2011, 10:56     #40
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA. Get off the drugs, buddy.