NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 28th June 2005, 21:07     #41
Jamiepo

no the quote was aimed at jonan, not u macca, I was tellinh him that you had already posted it, but forgot to include your quote in the first post.
Old 30th June 2005, 14:58     #42
Evoke

tax debate tonight on TV1 at 8.30pm
Old 30th June 2005, 15:12     #43
yem

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/413551/461850/
This could be interesting or a complete farce given that the participants are "not allowed to talk policy". I suppose that was necessary since National is flat out refusing to reveal their actual policy. Bah..
Old 30th June 2005, 17:35     #44
Jamiepo

I prefer trading spouses over that, I bet this debate ends up with both of them cutting each other off and niether really saying anything, it always just ends up in a bitch fight.

7:30 tonight on prime is a doco on how Wacko Jacko got off scott free, should be quite good, as there is not much else on at that time.
Old 12th July 2005, 13:36     #45
Jonan

Bluewink

Quote:
Originally posted by Furry Crew
Veronica Mars (if it ever gets here)
Coming soon.

3/4
Old 15th July 2005, 23:15     #46
Jamiepo

John Safran Vs. GOD.

Really good show, I saw a couple of episodes when I was living in sydney last year, realy funny guy kinda a cross between Micheal Moore and Rove Mcmanis.

C4 starts next week
Old 15th July 2005, 23:36     #47
Jamiepo

Premiering on C4 Tuesday, July 19th at 9.30pm
Old 16th July 2005, 01:23     #48
P-Money

The Tem Show starts on prime next week!
Old 19th July 2005, 08:54     #49
StN
I have detailed files

Anyone who missed (or even saw) the mythbusters Jaws special - there are some extra experiments here.

Includes:
Sharks can smell one drop of blood in a million drops of water and Sharkskin as sandpaper.
Old 26th July 2005, 15:21     #50
StN
I have detailed files

Good one TVNZ.

Bloody typical.

Series three of Curb your enthusiasm - TV2 Mondays at 11:30pm.
Old 26th July 2005, 15:33     #51
yem

Still waiting for episodes 2-22 of West Wing S06...
Old 26th July 2005, 16:35     #52
PsyK

Quote:
Originally posted by StN
Series three of Curb your enthusiasm - TV2 Mondays at 11:30pm.
i remember heaing about this but never seeing it, what is it about?
Old 26th July 2005, 16:38     #53
scr
SO'S YOUR FACE!

Quote:
Originally posted by yem
Still waiting for episodes 2-22 of West Wing S06...
I wouldn't hold your breath. I liked S06, until maybe the last 2 minutes of the last episode.
Old 26th July 2005, 16:59     #54
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally posted by Furry Crew
Veronica Mars (if it ever gets here)
Who has watched this, and is it good? (I watched the last 2 eps of America's Next Top Model instead).

I've been hearing rave reviews from Eonline, yet Kristin also raves about Grey's Anatomy, which I decided wasn't worthy of my time after the pilot.
Old 26th July 2005, 17:20     #55
yem

Quote:
Originally posted by PsyK
i remember heaing about this but never seeing it, what is it about?
It's a semi scripted sitcom about Larry David's life, post-Seinfeld. Larry plays himself. An aquired taste IMO, but has its moments.
Old 28th July 2005, 12:20     #56
StN
I have detailed files

Ok - who can tell me - is it a new series of Sopranos tonight at 10:30, or yet another repeat?
Old 28th July 2005, 14:09     #57
yem

Gotta be repeats. New season isn't due til March 2006.
Old 8th January 2006, 13:42     #58
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Anyone who missed (or even saw) the mythbusters Jaws special - there are some extra experiments here.

Includes:
Sharks can smell one drop of blood in a million drops of water and Sharkskin as sandpaper.
Ok - ROFLMAYO!

I missed the first chunk of this when it originally screened - and this monring I flicked on the telly and the replayed it.

Shark Punch - so they rig up a mannequin with pnuematic arms, and they need rubber fists to attach to the ends - luckily the make the show in San Fran, so they pop down to a local specialty shop.

Mythbusters chick - "So have any of your customers ever bought these to punch sharks with?"

Bondage shop man - "Err, no..."

"As you can see, one hand is made into a fist for punching, and the other one has it's fingers extended for a jabbing motion..."

So bondage shop man - what do people usually do with these...

(I tried to do a google image search, but it got too rough too fast!)
Old 4th June 2006, 20:08     #59
Jamiepo

Existenz on tonight at 10:20 on TV2, really good movie, quite trippy to watch if yu're stoned.
Old 4th June 2006, 21:20     #60
Drgnfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiepo
Existenz on tonight at 10:20 on TV2, really good movie, quite trippy to watch if yu're stoned.
Personally I'd rate it as one of the worst films ever made
Old 4th June 2006, 21:24     #61
Jamiepo

Each to his own I suppose.
Old 4th June 2006, 22:08     #62
JP

Quote:
I shall take this as a challenge.
Old 4th June 2006, 22:18     #63
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drgnfire
Personally I'd rate it as one of the worst films ever made
http://imdb.com/title/tt0120907/
Old 4th June 2006, 22:34     #64
CCS
Stunt Pants

Drgnfire strikes me as a pretty straightlaced sort of fellow so it does not surprise me that he holds that opinion.
Old 4th June 2006, 23:43     #65
crocos

Quote:
I've got it on DVD - trippy is right.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 5th June 2006, 12:48     #66
silva^

If you missed the Prison Break bandwagon when it was screened in the states then you can save your bandwidth cap & catch it on TV3 coming soon. Definitely worth the watch, satisfaction guaranteed!
Old 5th June 2006, 12:53     #67
leadinjector

that movie was pretty cool. great ending.

did anyone catch that doco about WWF on channel 3 a few nights back? that was actually really good, i didnt know it was on until the last minute though. so strange seeing these guys all chummy before and after the fights
Old 5th June 2006, 13:07     #68
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
Holy crap that was shit.
Old 5th June 2006, 15:03     #69
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva^
If you missed the Prison Break bandwagon when it was screened in the states then you can save your bandwidth cap & catch it on TV3 coming soon. Definitely worth the watch, satisfaction guaranteed!
Do you have any idea what it's replacing? Am definitely looking forward to it though, I love my gays.
Old 5th June 2006, 16:01     #70
?>Superman

Quote:
Is it along the same lines as though LOST, Invasion, GaySUPERtwistomglolwtf shows?

Hope not.
Old 5th June 2006, 16:50     #71
silva^

It's nothing like Lost, you actually know whats going on You'll love it. Some people compare it to Shawshank but its nothing like that, theres alot more going on in this one, and its alot smarter too.

Oh and regarding that Wrestling docc on the other night. Stupid damn thing, I was about to go to sleep but caught the start and ended up watching the whole thing. It was actually pretty interesting. The actual docco was all over the show with no direction, but the bits in it where a good insight into the inner workings of WWF and the pitfalls of falling out of the limelight. I thought the Mick Foley stuff was the most interesting, for all those who don't think wrestling is real, you should check out some of his matches. The couple they showed were perhaps the most violent, he was thrown about 25 feet off the top of the cage onto some tables, and then he was through from the top of the cage through the cage and onto his back on the ring, now thats gotta hurt! And then in another match he was smashed in the heat about 6 times repeatedly with the chair. They showed him backstage after the match with this pretty gruesome cut on his head, very deep and bloody!

Last edited by silva^ : 5th June 2006 at 16:53.
Old 5th June 2006, 17:09     #72
circa

Quote:
Some people compare it to Shawshank but its nothing like that, theres alot more going on in this one, and its alot smarter too.
some similar things though :l

like emptying the stones into the field, becoming mates with the man in charge..
Old 5th June 2006, 18:00     #73
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Oh and regarding that Wrestling docc on the other night. ..
Was it Beyond the Mat?

If so, the Jake the Snake stuff was pretty sad.
Old 5th June 2006, 19:02     #74
silva^

Quote:
Originally Posted by circa
some similar things though :l

like emptying the stones into the field, becoming mates with the man in charge..
Well you blew that for the people who were going to watch it...

and yes it was Beyond the Mat, poor old Jake, and poor old Koko B Ware!
Old 5th June 2006, 19:29     #75
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Was it Beyond the Mat?

yeah, talk about some fucked up stuff. the whole doco was pretty sad really.
Old 5th June 2006, 19:37     #76
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Ok - ROFLMAYO!

I missed the first chunk of this when it originally screened - and this monring I flicked on the telly and the replayed it.

Shark Punch - so they rig up a mannequin with pnuematic arms, and they need rubber fists to attach to the ends - luckily the make the show in San Fran, so they pop down to a local specialty shop.
That episode destroyed Mythbusters for me.

Coming up NEXT! Cool shark stuff!!!
15 minutes of boring boringness, 1 minute tops of cool stuff
COMING UP NEXT EVEN MORE COOL COOL STUFF AFTER THE BREAK RIGHT NEXT!

ugh ... kept going on and on ... totally poos.
Old 5th June 2006, 19:45     #77
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Was it Beyond the Mat?

Mick Foley is insane. I knew he was pretty fucked up, but after watching that, (and the consequent matches of him in Japan), he's just plain nuts.
Old 5th June 2006, 22:09     #78
silva^

Mythbusters was ruined the second they bought on all those hip young teenage helpers to spice up the show.
Old 6th June 2006, 10:48     #79
CCS
Stunt Pants

Hey wait, you're not dissing that hot redhead broad are you?
Old 6th June 2006, 10:56     #80
?>Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
Mick Foley is insane. I knew he was pretty fucked up, but after watching that, (and the consequent matches of him in Japan), he's just plain nuts.
I'd have to agree, i remember watching WWF back in the day and watching that cage match where he got thrown off the top of like a 25ft cage onto a table. He's there "most outrageous/do anything/punishmehard" guy, wonder how much he gets paid must be a fuckload. Theres just some shit that'll hurt even if its fake.