NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 21st November 2010, 10:28     #1
ilk

ABs vs Ireland

See, this is why New Zealand will always fail...because of the pressure we put ourselves under. We just thrashed a team by 20 points and all I can think is "that wasn't very convincing."
Old 21st November 2010, 10:37     #2
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Mmm... kay? I thought NZ played very well. Good luck getting your jersey back Rocket man. Also, we are two locks down now which is not too flash, Donnelly was limping away hard.
Old 21st November 2010, 12:10     #3
PhX

The try where irleand scooped up the ball was pretty cool. Thats all.
Old 21st November 2010, 12:31     #4
ilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Mmm... kay? I thought NZ played very well. Good luck getting your jersey back Rocket man. Also, we are two locks down now which is not too flash, Donnelly was limping away hard.
That's my point - we played well for most of the game, and when we scored it almost looked too easy - yet what I focus on are the periods where Ireland's baclkline made us look shaky defensively and how loose play nearly cost us tries against the run of play. These are the things that worry me going into a world cup, even though we thrashed them.

Anyway, what are you getting defensive about, Donald didn't even play.
Old 21st November 2010, 12:34     #5
silva^

All Blacks simply cannot handle rush defense. It destroyed them a few years back when South Africa used the rush defense, and Ireland used it to good effect this morning. It gives the back line no time to formulate a move, and by the time it gets out to carter the defense is right up in his face. Ireland on the other hand were given plenty of depth to attack with and looked good doing so.
Old 21st November 2010, 15:15     #6
herp

South Africa lost to Scotland and Australia lost to Munster. Are they deliberately playing poorly before the WC?
Old 22nd November 2010, 08:54     #7
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herp
South Africa lost to Scotland and Australia lost to Munster. Are they deliberately playing poorly before the WC?
They wish. They simply have poor depth. Their top 15 are solid, their reserves don't even come close. PDV has a predictable habit of clearing the bench as soon as he thinks the game is won and either loses it or comes very close to. Barnes was a shit ton better than Giteau, hand in your gear now mate your career is over.

Meh Donald its over for him, Stephen Brett for WC.
Old 22nd November 2010, 09:17     #8
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Gear is so fast/agile. Jane is so powaful, his fend is awesome.

we don't need siti or roko anymore. let's keep what we got!
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:22     #9
Koldzy

Quote:
They wish. They simply have poor depth. Their top 15 are solid, their reserves don't even come close. PDV has a predictable habit of clearing the bench as soon as he thinks the game is won and either loses it or comes very close to. Barnes was a shit ton better than Giteau, hand in your gear now mate your career is over.

Meh Donald its over for him, Stephen Brett for WC.
Brett? No way!

Slade, or even Delaney. Cruden if he learns to kick.
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:23     #10
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldzy
Brett? No way!

Slade, or even Delaney. Cruden if he learns to kick.
yep he's pretty rubbish now but by the end of the inaugural super 15 everyone will be screaming for Brett to get the call up.
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:23     #11
_Incubus_

Quote:
yep he's pretty rubbish now but by the end of the inaugural super 15 everyone will be screaming for Brett to get the call up.
I wanted him in at the end of this S14, I thought he had a pretty decent season for the blues. He actually gave them some decent guidance in the backline for the first time in years..
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:57     #12
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

He is a demon play maker, marvellous at kicking for field position, his defense and goal kicking need a bit of work but in this years Super 14 and for the Maori's he was outstanding, he creates a lot of space and has the ability to put players into holes at speed. He just needs more time at 10 which he didn't get for Canterbury, he'll be outstanding next year just in time to be selected for the World Cup. I'm certain Ted will just pick the most in form 10 at the end of the S15 for the WC as Dans back up so it's anyones position and I got a feeling it will be Brett.