NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 18th November 2010, 00:53     #1
Phrack

Wallabies..

Looks like they peaked on their tour at the start by beating us. Battered by England then beaten by Munster. Despite the conditions found it quite a good game to watch.

Has given the Irish some false hope that they have a chance to beat the AB's now. This is about the only time in the year where the Irish get upset when they hear my kiwi accent
Old 18th November 2010, 09:11     #2
PhX

You going to the game brah? Represent NZ
Old 18th November 2010, 09:21     #3
xor

Gotta feel for them.

I wouldn't write the Wallabies. They have a lot of youngsters getting tests under their belt and a lot of kickers.
Old 18th November 2010, 11:24     #4
SickBo@Work

Gotta feel for Deans, not the players. They are the ones with Beale and a few others the obv exception, who are letting him down. No goal kicker and a 1st five who can't tackle and an alternative Barne's who cracked like a bitch against Munster.
Old 18th November 2010, 11:42     #5
SickBo@Work

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...116-17vxe.html

Pretty much what I think most people have worked out about Cooper, esp after his cheap shot on McCaw, arrogant showpony.

"In reply to queries over whether Cooper suffered from problems with his technique or a lack of concentration, Deans said: ''Having the will is a big part of it. You've got to want to do it. It doesn't matter what preparation you do - if there's no will, it just doesn't happen.''"
Old 18th November 2010, 14:47     #6
Phrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX
You going to the game brah? Represent NZ
Yeah, the girls team I coach sussed me with a ticket. They had some stupid setup with the games, you had to buy tickets to at least 2 matches or something. Was like 160euro or something crazy. But they sorted me one somehow so I'm happy!

xor: yeah not writing them off for later, just on this current tour. In fairness it is very tough to go play in those baltic conditions. Munster are very accustomed to grinding out wins on the back of a big defensive effort.
Old 18th November 2010, 15:56     #7
PhX

Shot bro, that stadium is sick as. Prob should have charged more considering Ireland is about to go down the shitter money wise
Old 18th November 2010, 16:03     #8
PhX

lol dic's
Old 18th November 2010, 17:53     #9
BoyWonder

Ha - that's more like a walk of shame than anything else.
Old 19th November 2010, 09:32     #10
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Giteau dropped - Thank fuck for that, this fool has been on borrowed time FAR too long. He was clearly past his best near the end of last season. He'll get rubbed out altogether pretty soon I'd say. Bring on Berrick Barnes, he's the young fulla with the potential and I think is a perfect fit at 12 and it makes sense. Cooper, Barnes and Genia have all played a shit ton of rugby together for the Reds so they'll have no problems working their combinations.

Wallabies kicking has been a shambles, each of their losses would have been won with only an 80% kicking ratio. I think with Barnes in there instead of Giteau they'll win their last two games convincingly. I wouldn't read too much into the B grade teams that lost to the tour sides or the England match, the Poms played their best game in years.