Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12th February 2008, 22:10     #41
p-b

So is he diabetic or something?
Old 12th February 2008, 22:22     #42
Kryten

Fond recollections of Mark Greatbatch.......
Old 13th February 2008, 06:53     #43
chiQ
Frag-muff

He was 17 when that photo was taken. Perhaps too many people already bought him beers in the meantime, and he put on weight. Who cares? He's a good cricketer, and a fit one it seems.
Old 13th February 2008, 08:13     #44
blynk

To me, he looks like a guy who isn't meant to be fat.
It looks more like a fat suit.

I'm sure now that hes started playing for NZ,there are a heap of games (if he plays the tests) that he will drop down a bit.
Old 14th February 2008, 09:09     #45
[BT]Monza

Nice catch from McCullum...

Old 14th February 2008, 12:05     #46
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

That photo is just begging to be photoshopped!
Old 15th February 2008, 16:14     #47
blynk

OK, who was it that gave those men a beer or 10 before the game.

Come on, own up.
Old 15th February 2008, 17:41     #48
Phantom
May contain nuts

Crying

lawl >_<
Old 15th February 2008, 17:43     #49
xus

Oram shouldn't have been out - no ball mother fucker!
Old 4th March 2008, 11:09     #50
[BT]Monza

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/multimedia...dia_id=4968662
Old 4th March 2008, 13:25     #51
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Jesus. Bet there were some brown pants after that.
Old 4th March 2008, 15:46     #52
Caesar

LOL fuck that plane was almost coming in totally sideways.

GG on the save though.

C
Old 4th March 2008, 20:25     #53
Phantom
May contain nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
I've got brown pants just after watching it!

oh wait, i'm just wearing brown pants today. false alarm!
Old 4th March 2008, 20:27     #54
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
I bet there was some frantic sex that evening too.
Old 4th March 2008, 20:28     #55
zeekiorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BT]Monza
I have never seen a plan sway so much. 130 lives saved! Beer worthy indeed.
Old 5th March 2008, 09:14     #56
[BT]Monza

Old 5th March 2008, 11:38     #57
[BT]Monza

youtube link
http://youtube.com/watch?v=URWSoH3HYFc
Old 26th May 2008, 19:05     #58
DMZ_Chainsaw

I don't usually have anything nice to say about politicians but I reckon Ron deserve a beer for this

Quote:
MP pokes finger into crash victim's artery

Politician credited with saving life after Terrace Tunnel accident
MAGGIE TAIT - NZPA | Monday, 26 May 2008

NZ First MP Ron Mark is being hailed as a hero for stopping an accident victim bleeding to death.

Herman van Krieken wrote to Prime Minister Helen Clark and to NZ First leader Winston Peters to praise Mr Mark, Mr Mark's partner Chris Tracey and another woman who helped him as he lay bleeding on the road.

On May 17 Mr van Krieken, an IT and business consultant, was driving his Triumph Tiger 955cc into Wellington when he was struck by a trailer going through the Terrace Tunnel.

"While tumbling through the air I wondered where I would end up, will I hit a car and is this end?" Mr van Krieken wrote.

"I remember curling up into a ball to minimise damages and I finally came to rest on the road and within three seconds three people are onto me."

Mr Mark told him to lay still and firmly gripped his thigh telling him he was losing a lot of blood.

"It feels like he is poking his thumb into my main artery."

He lost four pints of blood on the road and Mr van Krieken told NZPA from his hospital bed that he was "absolutely staggered that he (Mr Mark) was sitting there on his knees on the road with his tie on and having his finger up my main artery.

"I was in shock I was just about to get up to see how my bike was doing and he said `stay down you're not in good shape'."

Mr van Krieken, originally from Holland who has lived in New Zealand for 18 years, recognised Mr Mark. He said he would not have made it without Mr Mark and the two women's help.

"It makes me proud to be part of a society of people that care about each other, we are called Kiwis."

Mr van Krieken emphasised all three helpers should get credit.

"Without them I wouldn't be here either."

It will take him about a year to fully recover but he was hoping to go home from hospital on Wednesday. He has a complex leg fracture, a broken hand, and a split vertebrae.

"I will be in rehab for ... between three and six months in terms of being fully mobile and in another six months I'll be back to normal."

He had not decided whether he would return to motorcycling.

Mr van Krieken said he was not into politics but wanted people to know how Mr Mark acted.

"I complain sometimes but I also like to recognise good things and this was something I definitely did not want to pass unnoticed."

Mr Mark told NZPA he and his partner were driving to the airport from his home in Carterton.

"I was trying to catch my plane ... I heard the bang and saw the man flying through the air and the bike careering off down the road and the cars braking."

He stopped in the middle of the road and ran to the man who he thought might be dead.

"I (did) the normal things, try and stabilise him, check him out ... what the most obvious thing was his leg was badly smashed and you just have to ... check there isn't serious blood loss."

Ms Tracey, who is support services manager at Parliament, comforted and calmed Mr van Krieken as he lay on the road.

Mr Mark said his and his partner's military backgrounds may have played a role but they had relied on standard first aid training.

He was delighted by the letter and had thought about Mr van Krieken and talked with his partner about the accident.

Wellington police said they would not comment until it was decided whether to lay charges or not. They would not give the name of the other woman who helped.
Old 26th May 2008, 19:36     #59
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Motion seconded.
Old 26th May 2008, 19:39     #60
chiQ
Frag-muff

Absolutely beer-worthy
Old 8th February 2009, 19:12     #61
chiQ
Frag-muff

Minor in the context of this thread, but I'm nominating McCullum for a beer, for hurling his very sore body to the ground to take the Hadden wicket.
Old 25th April 2009, 18:35     #62
StN
I have detailed files

Saw this on the news - buried in the article though.

Off duty cop pulls two kids from burning van after being told to "Save the kids" by (possibly) a parent.

Well done Mr O'Leary - you claim anyone would have done the same - maybe we would, maybe we wouldn't - but you did.
Old 25th April 2009, 19:07     #63
Delphinus

It sounds like the whole family did a pretty amazing job!
Old 25th April 2009, 19:39     #64
chiQ
Frag-muff

Hell yeah, very impressive
Old 25th April 2009, 23:01     #65
Hurtuso

bloody good
Old 26th April 2009, 08:28     #66
Macca@Work

I'm at work.On Sunday.I deserve a beer.
Old 26th April 2009, 13:25     #67
CCS
Stunt Pants

You deserve a punch in the dick for moaning.
Old 29th April 2009, 07:37     #68
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10569231

Ninja wrestles semi-automatic rifle off store robber, shoots him in the leg.
Old 29th April 2009, 07:53     #69
StN
I have detailed files

^^ So he'll get done for shooting an unarmed man and void the self defense argument then...
Old 18th July 2009, 04:16     #70
Word

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090717/..._lion_attack_2

Man fights off a mountain lion with a chainsaw.
Old 18th July 2009, 08:10     #71
xor

^^awesome

Although I don't think anyone playing cricket deserves a beer. Those poofters stop for lunch and afternoon tea.
Old 18th July 2009, 12:23     #72
Boofhead

Not in their heads they don't
Old 19th July 2009, 08:42     #73
lektronimo

Ex-Marine Kills 300-Pound Bear With Log

...subsequently the next season of Man vs. Wild gets canceled.
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:19     #74
StN
I have detailed files

Sticking it to the man:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2667...n-in-20-bills/
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:06     #75
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
sounds good.

Westpac ended up firing the chick that was responsible for the 10 mill error too, which is stupid because of how many people that request would have QC'd by before getting to the final payment point.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:28     #76
fixed_truth

fuck yeah that's awesome. if you don't have to be treated like a number why do it?
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:03     #77
^BITES^

Yeah good shit .. I've had that shit before.

I paid off my CC, lowered the limit to 5 hundy, consolidated my loans with the bank, no probs.

Maybe 1 month later....

Now I need a minor loan for an engine, was gunna chuck it on the CC as its only 2k so asked to have it put back up to its old limit.

Got told "no" as the payments they had setup for my loan I consolidated with them after they approached me, were being taken out of the wrong account (my daily usage account) instead of my savings where there was excess money available.

"I'm sorry but with these failed payments we can't".

FUCK YOU! Wankers.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:11     #78
Fx.

i have a story about nz credit cards too.
fuck anz, their whole credit card department is a bunch of mouth breathing downies

that is all
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:42     #79
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
sounds good.

Westpac ended up firing the chick that was responsible for the 10 mill error too, which is stupid because of how many people that request would have QC'd by before getting to the final payment point.

Ahhh... no they didn't.
Old 3rd August 2009, 08:13     #80
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

from the Police Alert emails:
Quote:
District: Wellington

A glider pilot carried out an unplanned landing today when his glider was forced down by turbulence onto a playing field next to State Highway One, Plimmerton.

The incident occurred at 11:45 this morning as the sole pilot was making a routine flight from Paraparaumu Airport down to Porirua and back. While over Porirua harbour he was caught in adverse turbulent conditions that suddenly began forcing him towards the water.

The pilot is a highly experienced flier and, being aware of the open area of the Plimmerton Domain next to State Highway One, decided to make his way in that direction.

Eye witnesses praised his abilities as he managed to avoid telegraph poles and traffic to land safely in the domain.

The pilot was not hurt in the incident and no damage to the glider resulted.

The pilot was transported back to Paraparaumu Airport to uplift his trailer and retrieve the glider.
GG