Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 21st November 2020, 17:39     #1001
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

For the sake of fair and balanced posting

Sidney Powell talks about her allegations regarding the computerized voting systems on election night
Old 22nd November 2020, 11:38     #1002
crocos

Sorry for the Twitter link, but OMFG.
https://twitter.com/KathyLette/statu...15028598902785

Jenious, utterly jenious

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 22nd November 2020, 23:11     #1003
Lightspeed

Are they trolling? It looks like a bit. But then again...

Poe's Law IRL.
Old 23rd November 2020, 14:38     #1004
The Edge

Uh-huh.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/us-...7BHFEYI4ZGXG4/
Old 23rd November 2020, 15:32     #1005
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
further:

Quote:
The president’s legal team was thrown into tumult Sunday when two Trump attorneys — Rudolph W. Giuliani and Jenna Ellis — released a statement abruptly distancing the campaign from a third attorney, Sidney Powell.

“Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own,” Giuliani and Ellis said in their statement Sunday. “She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team. She is also not a lawyer for the President in his personal capacity.”

At the start of Thursday’s news conference, Giuliani said he, Ellis, Powell and other attorneys present were “representing President Trump and we’re representing the Trump campaign.” Ellis introduced the group as “an elite strike force team that is working on behalf of the president and the campaign to make sure that our Constitution is protected.”

Old 24th November 2020, 15:10     #1006
Lightspeed

Well this is promising:

White House services administration signals transition to Biden
Old 24th November 2020, 19:11     #1007
The Edge

Thank Christ. Now the bullshit can stop (or die off a bit, at least).
Old 28th November 2020, 16:31     #1008
Lightspeed

On one hand it's pretty embarrassing to be teasing someone because they sat at a small table, on the other I get it.

I wonder if Trump wanted a small table because he thought it would make him look big?
Old 1st December 2020, 21:53     #1009
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Tasty

This is gonna be good.
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:32     #1010
Cyberbob

You can't get more definitive than this.

Attorney General Bill Barr says no evidence of widespread fraud in 2020 election

Trump's own lapdog has said there's no fraud. Job done, right?
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:05     #1011
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Do you read the article, or just the headline?
Old 2nd December 2020, 21:05     #1012
crocos

With quotes like
Quote:
“To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election,” Barr told the AP.
The headline pretty much summarizes it.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 2nd December 2020, 22:05     #1013
The Edge

Thumbs up

Good job, the orange buffoon is on his way out.
Old 3rd December 2020, 15:30     #1014
blynk

One day, people will look back and be appalled that we were all so mean to a mentally ill elderly person.
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:12     #1015
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
One day, people will look back and be appalled that we were all so mean to a mentally ill elderly person.
...that they gave the launch codes to.

Although after the admissions from others that they misplaced them, I do wonder how many backup processes are now in place.
Old 3rd December 2020, 23:54     #1016
The Edge

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americ...ing-april-mark
Yep, looks like Trump's tactic of "I don't want to create a panic, so I'll do nothing whatsoever" re coronavirus is going just swimmingly.
Old 4th December 2020, 09:03     #1017
Cyberbob

Hey, when Trump said it'll be gone by Easter, he didn't say which Easter.
Old 24th December 2020, 16:01     #1018
Lightspeed

Trump's pardoning like a man about to leave office...
Old 24th December 2020, 19:05     #1019
blynk

and pissing of some republicans too by releasing a video saying they should up the Covid relief.

The one good thing about Trump, he didn't really care for one side or the other.
However that was only because he cared for himself.

Now if they can find someone that doesn't care for either side, but cares for the people, then they may turn out ok
Old 4th January 2021, 12:36     #1020
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Now if they can find someone that doesn't care for either side, but cares for the people, then they may turn out ok
If you ask me, they did have someone exactly like that, and the DNC refused to let him be the Democratic Nominee in 2016.
Old 4th January 2021, 12:42     #1021
Cyberbob

*by 'they' i mean American political parties in general, not just the RNC/DNC independently
Old 4th January 2021, 18:40     #1022
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Jesus this is mental

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...555_story.html

nek minit

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...6-d1cdf9df1b11
Old 4th January 2021, 21:52     #1023
The Edge

facepalm

A desperate man will resort to desperate measures.
Of course if Trump had won, we'd be hearing about what a great, free and fair election it was, with the best outcome in America's history. It's only because he lost that suddenly it becomes "fraud". But that's par for the course for a narcissist.
Old 6th January 2021, 17:55     #1024
Lightspeed

Something I don't understand is Kushner's work in the Middle East. Looks like the Qatar blockade is effectively resolved. Along with establishing relations between Israel and various states in the region that have long stood against Israel.

Opposing the boogeyman that is Iran has been the main tool used to achieve these changes from what I can see.

But I don't really get Kushner's angle. Cash is the obvious one, but who would be paying up? Legacy is another, but I never figured Trump and co. cared for an actual legacy when they're so willing to believe whatever they like. Trump will always imagine himself the US's best president in any scenario.

In any case, it can't be denied this administration has had some real impact in the region.
Old 9th January 2021, 12:35     #1025
The Edge

Trump permanently suspended from Twitter as of just now.
If only they'd done this 4 years ago.
Old 9th January 2021, 13:49     #1026
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
@TwitterSafety
After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence.
Old 18th January 2021, 15:39     #1027
Lightspeed

Qatar crisis: Saudi Arabia and allies restore diplomatic ties with emirate

Quote:
Kuwaiti mediation efforts appeared to make little progress until late last year, when the Trump administration intensified pressure on all sides for an end to the stand-off that thwarted their efforts to assemble an alliance of Sunni-led states to counter Iran and its proxies.

Mr Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner visited Saudi Arabia and Qatar in December, and reportedly flew to al-Ula on Monday to attend the summit.
Does anyone have any insight into what happened here? This is legit, legacy stuff. It might not be peace in Israel, but if the Trump administration especially Kushner actually played the role it appears they did, it's a real diplomatic achievement.

But fuck knows what's actually going on. In any case I think Qatar has come out stronger, their resiliency tested.

Kushner must be spewing over the Capitol riot. Shits all over anything he might have gotten done.
Old 18th January 2021, 18:58     #1028
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

If you were wondering why it took until the last week of the Trump administration and a literal coup attempt to ban Trump from Facebook and Twitter:
Quote:
Facebook and Twitter have lost a combined $51 billion in market cap following their bans of President Donald Trump last week as investors balked at the tech giants' surprise censorship of Trump roughly two weeks before his term was set to end.
Outrage SELLS. Letting Trump spew his poison made these fuckers rich.
Old 18th January 2021, 21:15     #1029
Lightspeed

Our advertising models and systems of influence are toxic AF.
Old 19th January 2021, 15:42     #1030
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Your daily reminder that last week the US government suffered its greatest ever information security breach and entire computers just walked out the door and haven't been recovered.
Old 19th January 2021, 16:13     #1031
Lightspeed

Absolutely amazing.

I wonder if there will be a minor purge in the GOP as their members get caught up on the wrong side of this.
Old 19th January 2021, 16:59     #1032
The Edge

/satire
Quote:
Hello, I am a patriotic supporter of President Donald Trump who broke into the U.S. Capitol and attacked police officers because I believed the election was stolen and it was my duty to overthrow the government using only a flagpole I picked up along the way and the horns on the cool viking helmet I wore.

I am now being told I have lost my job and might go to prison.

This is an absurd, Orwellian trampling of my First Amendment rights, according to a person I follow on Twitter.

What kind of country are we if an outstanding citizen like myself can be fired, arrested and charged with domestic terrorism just because I livestreamed myself joining hundreds of other freedom fighters in attempting to crush a screaming law enforcement officer before defecating in the offices of Democratic lawmakers? ...

That seems both unfair and tyrannical. I have never once had to face consequences before, so clearly there’s a problem. ...
Old 20th January 2021, 08:29     #1033
Cyberbob

I'm starting to think that he might not get Mexico to pay for the wall.
Old 20th January 2021, 10:43     #1034
StN
I have detailed files

But will Tiger King get his pardon?
Old 20th January 2021, 12:26     #1035
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Absolutely amazing.

I wonder if there will be a minor purge in the GOP as their members get caught up on the wrong side of this.
Can you imagine what it must be like for the Capitol IT team? They must want to pull out every cable, every computer, every hub and switch and router and set them all on fire. You could never trust any bit of hardware or software that was in the building on that day ever again.
Old 20th January 2021, 23:19     #1036
The Edge

facepalm

Kinda like this genius, who was bragging online that she was going to die a martyr for Trump...then didn't after she couldn't sell Nancy Pelosi's laptop (that she stole) to the Russians:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americ...aptop-fbi-says

Last edited by The Edge : 20th January 2021 at 23:23.
Old 21st January 2021, 10:52     #1037
Lightspeed

Well, that was that. What a fucking ride.

Will anyone at the top face consequences, or will it just be the poor schlubs who showed up to the Capitol receiving the extended Federal prison terms?
Old 21st January 2021, 13:01     #1038
Cyberbob

I still know of people that are saying Trump was the best president so far. I seriously don't understand what measure they could be using.
Old 21st January 2021, 13:03     #1039
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
But will Tiger King get his pardon?
Surprised he didn't TBH. They have so much in common.
Old 21st January 2021, 14:48     #1040
Lightspeed

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ernment-460600

Quote:
Hours before they assume office, however, there is a fear among Biden’s team that the roadblocks they encountered during the chaotic transition shielded them from understanding the full scope of the problems at various agencies, and that the state of the executive branch is far worse than they understood — “the tip of the iceberg” as one senior transition aide put it.
Gonna be a long hangover from Trump's term.