NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 14th September 2014, 17:54     #1
adonis

Really fantastic interview with KDC's lawyer. http://tvnz.co.nz/q-and-a-news/dotco...-video-6080045
Old 14th September 2014, 22:14     #2
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis
Really fantastic interview with KDC's lawyer. http://tvnz.co.nz/q-and-a-news/dotco...-video-6080045
Agreed. As much as I dislike DotAimbot, Amsterdam raises some fine points.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 14th September 2014, 22:16     #3
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Transcript anywhere?
Old 15th September 2014, 11:45     #4
fixed_truth

Gordon Campbell on the Glenn Greenwald revelations

Quote:
Remember the Key who claimed to be unaware of what on earth the GCSB was up to – trust him, he knew nothing, nothing about the joint Police/FBI/GCSB operation being mounted on Kim Dotcom’s home until virtually the day it happened? All gone. Now we are being expected to regard him as the eagle-eyed monitor who crisply intercepted the GCSB’s proposed new modus operandi and knocked them back when they presumed to step over the line. He’s onto it, except when he isn’t. So, which John Key has been running the GCSB – the one who doesn’t know and can’t be held accountable for what it does, or the one who micro-manages its every intention?
Old 15th September 2014, 11:47     #5
pxpx

Hoping KDC gives me a good bday present! What time is the announcement?
Old 15th September 2014, 12:01     #6
fixed_truth

Quote:
Greenwald says he will publish an article on website The Intercept this afternoon based on documents obtained by former NSA (National Security Agency) contractor Snowden.

Those documents will show that New Zealand's Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) contributed "large amounts of metadata on New Zealanders" to the X-Keyscore database of information about electronic communications, Greenwald told National Radio's Nine to Noon.
Quote:
X-Keyscore
Quote:
X-Keyscore

Old 15th September 2014, 15:17     #7
pxpx

Drink that Kool-Aid DrT! I'll see you at the end of the world with my guy fawkes mask and fedora! :P :P
Old 15th September 2014, 15:20     #8
Lightspeed

It's doesn't take a crazy conspiracy, it only takes an alignment of values by those in power.

And National is aligned with the power grab that's being going on post-9/11, and they're using tactics established in the US to get us to vote against our interests. Unless you are amongst the non-working rich.
Old 15th September 2014, 15:24     #9
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
It's doesn't take a crazy conspiracy, it only takes an alignment of values by those in power.

And National is aligned with the power grab that's being going on post-9/11, and they're using tactics established in the US to get us to vote against our interests. Unless you are amongst the non-working rich.
Ignore the moleman at your peril!
Old 15th September 2014, 15:29     #10
Lightspeed

What do you do when you want people to ignore a problem? Make out the problem to be much bigger than it is to the point of absurdity. Viola! No more problem.
Old 15th September 2014, 15:43     #11
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed

You do realise 5 Eyes has been sharing info since WW2, right?
Old 15th September 2014, 15:49     #12
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'm not sure what's wrong with working for (actually, with) America. A minnow like NZ has to be mates with somebody. It may as well be USA.

What's the alternative? Russia? China?
Old 15th September 2014, 15:50     #13
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
You do realise 5 Eyes has been sharing info since WW2, right?
Indeed. What I don't realise is what point you have taken from my post or the point you are trying to make now.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:02     #14
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I'm not sure what's wrong with working for (actually, with) America. A minnow like NZ has to be mates with somebody. It may as well be USA.

What's the alternative? Russia? China?
We could be neutral, like Switzerland?

I know you've got a hard-on for war, but I don't want to be a part of it.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:07     #15
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

I'm buying stocks in aluminum foil, right now.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:14     #16
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11324988

Kim Dotaimbot's big reveal: text which he alleges is an Oct 27 between Warner Bros's chairman and the MPAA's Asia-Pac pres in which the Warner chair comments that John Key is onboard for a plan to get Kim into NZ so he can be extradited to the USA.

Old 15th September 2014, 16:18     #17
pxpx

I wonder what is a more effective way of preventing terrorists from entering New Zealand:

1. Information sharing between our allies with large intelligence networks

2. A question on the arrival form worded "are you a terrorist?"
Old 15th September 2014, 16:30     #18
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Yeah I am getting a bit sick of all these terrorist attacks we keep having. I would happily trade my privacy and democracy to stop them, they're just so AWFUL.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:33     #19
pxpx

So your logic is, wait until there's a terrorist attack THEN try and stop them from entering the country? Interdasting.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:37     #20
Lightspeed

Laugh

So all of a sudden the US approach to terrorism is sound and rational?

looooooooolz
Old 15th September 2014, 16:39     #21
pxpx

How do we stop people from becoming radicalised while in NZ? I mean, I don't want the GSCB to snoop on everyone and data-mine any and all overseas calls/emails/texts for key words etc but like, do we just allow it to happen, and if it does, how do we react? Do we blame to government for not preventing it? Because they should have known?

Do we just hope that NZ is so far away and nobody wants to hurt little clean green NZ who never hurt a fly?
Old 15th September 2014, 16:41     #22
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

That's it?
Old 15th September 2014, 16:42     #23
pxpx

Seriously though - is that the solution? Don't get involved and we'll be sweet?

If we don't get involved, what are the implications from a foreign policy perspective?
Old 15th September 2014, 16:43     #24
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Turn off the internet.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:44     #25
pxpx

Old 15th September 2014, 16:46     #26
Spink

That is the biggest Oct 27 I've ever seen so it's pretty clear that John Key anymore.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:55     #27
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Lol, and handlefish nostril grab bar bottom.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:56     #28
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
How do we stop people from becoming radicalised while in NZ? I mean, I don't want the GSCB to snoop on everyone and data-mine any and all overseas calls/emails/texts for key words etc but like, do we just allow it to happen, and if it does, how do we react? Do we blame to government for not preventing it? Because they should have known?

Do we just hope that NZ is so far away and nobody wants to hurt little clean green NZ who never hurt a fly?
Do you actually believe that the world is like Bush and Cheney told us? Are you as afraid as they tried to convince you you are?

Fuck all that shit, stiff upper lip I say. I'll gladly take freedom even if it comes at the risk of my life.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:57     #29
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

Quote:
How do we stop people from becoming radicalised while in NZ?
By not sending military into their countries and fucking with their shit.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:57     #30
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Once again, xor loves the cock.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:58     #31
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

The terrorist groups are all CIA produced.

We're giving up our rights as a country, and pissing other countries off, to buddy up with the USA, who are CREATING the terrorists.

The war on terrorism is bullshit, I thought we knew that already? Why has everyone regressed to accepting the spoon fed shit we get told?
Old 15th September 2014, 17:01     #32
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The "5 Eyes" intelligence-sharing partnership of the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, and NZ was set up under the 1935-1949 Labour Government, and was happily maintained by the 1957-60, 1972-75, 1984-90 and 1999-2008 Labour Governments.

But now it's bad because John Key.

He's a secret Jew lizard illuminatus you know.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:06     #33
Lightspeed

How about some pertinent facts Ab? Rather than telling us what's long been true, why don't we look at what's true today that wasn't 50 years ago, or even five.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:06     #34
pxpx

I realise the chances of me or someone I know being impacted by some form of terrorism are pretty f'n slim - but I don't think we should put our heads in the sand and pretend like everything is OK.

I don't want us to start detaining people without charge and water-board them on Norfolk Island. I also don't want the guvmint to start monitoring my texts and phone calls.

Equally though, I don't want us to stand by and allow groups like Al Qaeda and IS go around beheading people and murdering anyone they come across who believes in a slightly different version of their sky-fairy.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:09     #35
pxpx

Ab - how about a split to a new thread for this stuff? its an interesting/important debate but we are digressing a little from pre-election stuff.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:11     #36
Lightspeed

Quote:
I realise the chances of me or someone I know being impacted by some form of terrorism are pretty f'n slim - but I don't think we should put our heads in the sand and pretend like everything is OK.

I don't want us to start detaining people without charge and water-board them on Norfolk Island. I also don't want the guvmint to start monitoring my texts and phone calls.

Equally though, I don't want us to stand by and allow groups like Al Qaeda and IS go around beheading people and murdering anyone they come across who believes in a slightly different version of their sky-fairy.
How do you think the US is doing at this so far? Do you think the actions they are taking are improving the situation? You clearly think it's a good idea to align ourselves with them.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:13     #37
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Metathreadmerge for GCSB, 5 Eyes, Kim Dotcom/Greenwald/Warner Bros/Key speculation, freedom stay the course terror terror.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:18     #38
BoyWonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11324988

Kim Dotaimbot's big reveal: text which he alleges is an Oct 27 between Warner Bros's chairman and the MPAA's Asia-Pac pres in which the Warner chair comments that John Key is onboard for a plan to get Kim into NZ so he can be extradited to the USA.

Who wrote this? Someone with a bingo card of issues that they wanted to bring up at a big reveal?
Old 15th September 2014, 17:22     #39
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Warner Bros senior vice-president for corporate communications Paul McGuire said the email was a fake.

"Kevin Tsujihara did not write or send the alleged email, and he never had any such conversation with Prime Minister Key."
See? That means it MUST be real.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:27     #40
Lightspeed

Quote:
Ab - how about a split to a new thread for this stuff? its an interesting/important debate but we are digressing a little from pre-election stuff.
So the pre-election thread is poll-lolz and scandals only now? How is this discussion not pre-election? Whatev's.