NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 18th November 2021, 15:13     #2121
Cyberbob

Associated Press Fact Checking - Pfizer’s new pill to prevent COVID-19 is not the same as ivermectin

Quote:
“The only way they are alike is that they are both pills.” “These two are so far apart,” he said. “If you look at how they interact with the body..., they don’t even go to the same pathways or receptors.”
Reuters Fact Checking - https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2R11T5

Quote:
Verdict: The two drugs are different and do not use the same mechanism.
So like, again, what?

Looks to me like yet again nothing but social media misinformation.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 18th November 2021 at 15:17.
Old 18th November 2021, 15:31     #2122
Lightspeed

It's amazing the turnaround on these interventions. Goes to show what we can achieve when there's an immediate economic priority.

Will be interesting to see what we try cook up when climate change starts to really bite.
Old 18th November 2021, 16:16     #2123
_indigo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
It's amazing the turnaround on these interventions. Goes to show what we can achieve when there's an immediate economic priority.

Will be interesting to see what we try cook up when climate change starts to really bite.
I dunno. I don't see it as amazing.
I mean I do in the general sense - but what it actually shows is how much progress, innovation and human quality of life is stifled by the capitalist/corporate system.

It's not amazing in that it should be like that all the time. It's amazing in the more gobsmacking but also yeah everyone already knew sense.

It's not great that it takes a global fucking pandemic or a climate crisis for us to do great things, the rest of the time of which we are held hostage.

Same as usual; takes world wars to lift countries out of depressions.
Takes cold wars to get us to the moon. lol @ NASA announcing plans for the moon in 2022. 20 fucking 22. vs 1969.
Old 18th November 2021, 16:40     #2124
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Sm...ness_executive)

Uh oh. Chairman at Reuters & Board member at Pfizer

"fact check"

I'm going from Dr John Campbell's presentation on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufy2AweXRkc

So far I've had little reason to doubt his analyses except that it often contradicts MedCram & Dr Rhonda Patrick analyses (that is Ivermectin has poor bioavailability, and it's success has been shown in countries that have problems with parasites + COVID 19. A First world study in people is required). If it can be shown that Dr John Campbell is full of shit I'll definitely take that on board and reassess.

My trust flow chart goes like this to continue listening to an information source:
- Hasn't lied to me yet
- Has lied, but still good just for entertainment purposes
- Has lied, but takes time to make a correction and admit the lie (no stealthy edits / deletions)
Old 18th November 2021, 16:51     #2125
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

And the shadowy connection between the Associated Press, the University of Virginia, and the University of Pennsylvania? I heard they all met at Comet Ping-pong.
Old 18th November 2021, 17:03     #2126
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Uh oh. Chairman at Reuters & Board member at Pfizer
This doesn't disqualify Reuters, the organisation still has an incentive to maintain its reputation.

As for a YouTube doctor, growing subscribers is a compelling incentive that doesn't necessarily align with legitimacy and accuracy.
Old 18th November 2021, 17:42     #2127
Redneck

Quote:
Dr John Campbell
Important to point out that he is actually a nurse. His doctorate is in philosophy.
Old 18th November 2021, 18:52     #2128
Nich

He could be a car mechanic for all I care. When it comes to figuring out how I can help my body fight off COVID, My primary concerns are competence and duplicity. And if they're good and truthful, last check is if they are selling anything (online course, ebook, coupons).
Old 18th November 2021, 19:36     #2129
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
It's funny, I'm in the MIQ lobby but more out of curiosity - it's not currently practical for me to fly home as I don't have enough leave banked to also allow for the MIQ stay, & working from not-AU is not practical for various reasons.

To the point if I did get a place, I'd probably decline - however I'm OVAH NINE THOUSAND, so I consider it unlikely at best.
And I bet there are also a whole lot that are sitting in NZ to see if they can get themselves a vacation.
Did they breakdown the location this time around?
Old 19th November 2021, 00:33     #2130
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Did they breakdown the location this time around?
No idea - didn't look

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 19th November 2021, 12:33     #2131
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

RE: ivermectin and paxlovid

Quote:
Quote:
Verdict: The two drugs are different and do not use the same mechanism.
That's the thing. I'm no international organic chemist of mystery but even I can look at

C48H74O14

and

C23H32F3N5O4

and go "yeah, those are pretty fucking different molecules, like massively different, there's no way they do anything remotely like the same thing".

Of course, that's what big pharma wants me to believe!!!1
Old 19th November 2021, 14:24     #2132
blynk

Is that like saying
H20
DHMO
must be different
Old 19th November 2021, 15:32     #2133
_indigo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
RE: ivermectin and paxlovid

That's the thing. I'm no international organic chemist of mystery but even I can look at

C48H74O14

and

C23H32F3N5O4

and go "yeah, those are pretty fucking different molecules, like massively different, there's no way they do anything remotely like the same thing".

Of course, that's what big pharma wants me to believe!!!1
To play devils advocate; compounds can have very different chemical makeup, but similar shapes at certain parts which allows them to interact with the same receptors and pathways.
Chemical makeup isn't really a good comparison.

For example here are two antihistamines, both have the same action of binding to H1 receptors:
- Fexofenadine: C32H39NO4
- Loratadine: C22H23ClN2O2

That being said; I'm not using that as a case to argue this particular point.
Old 19th November 2021, 20:49     #2134
Nich

https://au.news.yahoo.com/gibraltar-...163444274.html

Gibraltar. 140% vaccination rate, christmas cancelled. But everyone is protected, so open up!?

Quote:
The vaccine rollout in Gibraltar has been phenomenally successful, the territory administering 94,937 COVID jabs so far, including 39,815 second doses, with an additional 14,241 booster jabs - a vaccination rate of 139.5%.
The "rollout" is successful. If it's stopping deaths / serious illness it's still a success. Stop locking people down and destroying their spirit.
Old 20th November 2021, 10:43     #2135
_indigo1

https://aaronsiri.substack.com/p/fda...ge-to-grant-it

Quote:
FDA Asks Federal Judge to Grant it Until the Year 2076 to Fully Release Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Data
Oh god, they're gonna have a field day with this one.
Old 20th November 2021, 13:12     #2136
Nich

Cmon FDA, the year is 2030. You own nothing and have no privacy and life has never been better!

Considering the recent FDA disclosure was less than ideal for Pfizer, I'm not surprised.
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/N...ws.aspx/317091

Quote:
A follow-up assessment of participants completed on March 13th of this year looked at the overall health outcomes of the trial participants, six months after they received either the COVID vaccine or the saline solution injection.

While Pfizer in July released partial data on the outcomes from the six-month assessment ending March 13th, the new FDA report includes more comprehensive data, and shows a significantly higher number of all-cause fatalities among the vaccinated cohort.
Old 20th November 2021, 14:12     #2137
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Who cares about all-cause fatalities?
Old 20th November 2021, 14:31     #2138
Lightspeed

People looking to prove what they already believe?
Old 20th November 2021, 14:54     #2139
Lightspeed

I guess full credit to the vaccine given how many people are out, while our numbers have somewhat plateaued.

Kinda wish I had a fuller data set on hand like in the early months of the pandemic.

Still, even at the current rates hospitals will be overwhelmed even more than usual. Will it prompt the kind of investment that's desperately needed?
Old 20th November 2021, 15:00     #2140
Cyberbob

Quote:
Cmon FDA, the year is 2030. You own nothing and have no privacy and life has never been better!

Considering the recent FDA disclosure was less than ideal for Pfizer, I'm not surprised.
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/N...ws.aspx/317091
I'm struggling to figure out the statistical relevence here.

21 deaths from all sources 22,000 vaccine recipients.
17 deaths among 22,000 placebo recipients.

That's the significantly higher number they're talking about in the news article. A difference of 4, in a pool of 22,000.

It would be concerning if the study showed a significant increase in deaths from a specific cause in the vaccinated group, as that would signal a possible adverse vaccine effect. Instead, the data showed the vaccinated deaths were distributed among a number of causes between both groups.

Take a look at serious adverse events reported if you think 4 in 22000 is relevent.

103 events reported among the vaccine group
117 among the control group

A difference of 14. I believe that's a number higher than 4.
Why isn't the article called FDA report finds placebo to cause significantly higher amounts of serious adverse events than vaccine

Last edited by Cyberbob : 20th November 2021 at 15:05.
Old 20th November 2021, 19:04     #2141
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
21 deaths from all sources 22,000 vaccine recipients.
17 deaths among 22,000 placebo recipients.

That's the significantly higher number they're talking about in the news article. A difference of 4, in a pool of 22,000.
It'll turn out that the four died in a plane crash 2 months after the trial, but aLl CaUsE fAtAlItIeS!!1
Old 23rd November 2021, 12:56     #2142
blynk

The annoying thing with Dickhead Tamaki being charged for the protests, is that if it only ends up being a fine, then he won't pay anything. His congregation will pay it.
He will preach some bullshit, and they will all give him money.

Hope he gets some jail time.
Old 23rd November 2021, 13:40     #2143
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Jail time is exactly what he wants.
Old 23rd November 2021, 14:20     #2144
Lightspeed

Europe on its fourth wave now as people resist vaccination, locking down in time for Christmas.

I wonder how many families in NZ will have members in hospital with COVID for Christmas? I hope we get some coverage in the news, help us grow some empathy for those impacted as well as generating a bit more discipline towards our daily health care practices.
Old 23rd November 2021, 16:57     #2145
Lightspeed

This drama continues to be sad/amusing:

When can Barry Soper dine al fresco again?
Old 24th November 2021, 02:04     #2146
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

COVID's turning into a wet dream for Labour:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...usual-scrutiny
Old 24th November 2021, 16:59     #2147
Lightspeed

o_O

A wassa goin awn? What they doin?
Old 25th November 2021, 10:24     #2148
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The usual, giving themselves more power with less oversight.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ng-covid19-law

I don’t trust the Labour smoothbrains to write a shopping list, let alone draft good laws.
Old 25th November 2021, 12:03     #2149
blynk

But instead of the opposition pushing that this is bad, what are they doing.
Some more in-fighting.
Old 25th November 2021, 22:01     #2150
bradman

Curious what good policies National passed to tell the truth. Selling off profitable state owned industry? Seems to be the right wing way. Struggling to think of anything else.

Spose you could say 'whataboutism' - but smooth brain? Thought you had more brains than that AB.

Last edited by bradman : 25th November 2021 at 22:05.
Old 25th November 2021, 23:24     #2151
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Hey Brad

You’re mixing up the policies and the laws written to implement them. Regardless of whether or not one agrees with National’s policies or Labour’s policies (in general) over the years, Labour often falls over by writing bad laws. There aren’t enough good lawyers among its MPs. At least when National has bad policies it has proficient lawyers on its team who understand how the law works.
Old 26th November 2021, 14:01     #2152
Lightspeed

New mutated Covid-19 variant

Quote:
The UK Health Security Agency said that the variant - called B.1.1.529 - has a spike protein that was dramatically different to the one in the original coronavirus that Covid-19 vaccines are based on.

It has mutations that are likely to evade the immune response generated both by prior infection and vaccination, and also mutations associated with increased infectivity.
Old 26th November 2021, 14:08     #2153
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

this timeline SUCKS.
Old 26th November 2021, 14:36     #2154
blynk

Too late now. The government told me I would be free in December.
That strain will just have to fuck off.
Old 28th November 2021, 21:55     #2155
The Edge

New strain confirmed in Australia.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world...o-isolate.html
Old 29th November 2021, 14:29     #2156
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The usual, giving themselves more power with less oversight.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ng-covid19-law

I don’t trust the Labour smoothbrains to write a shopping list, let alone draft good laws.
https://thespinoff.co.nz/opinion/24-...-has-failed-us
Old 30th November 2021, 10:56     #2157
fixed_truth

Covid-19: McDonald's requires vaccine pass to dine-in under traffic light system
All we need is for KFC to follow suit and we'll hit the 100% vaccination rate by lunchtime.
Old 30th November 2021, 10:59     #2158
Nich

The Digital Health Pass is the battle ground. As soon as it is implemented you can bet on the following things being appended to it (because it's convenient for you and the government) to ensure you are fit for social mingling:
- central bank digital currency
- Licence ID for using the internet (no more anonymous internet)
- Social credit score

The leviathan gains new power like a ratchet in times of crisis.
Old 30th November 2021, 11:23     #2159
Cyberbob

- Human sacrifice
- Dogs and cats living together
- Mass hysteria
Old 30th November 2021, 13:46     #2160
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Covid-19: McDonald's requires vaccine pass to dine-in under traffic light system
All we need is for KFC to follow suit and we'll hit the 100% vaccination rate by lunchtime.
No that would need to be drive thru, not dine in