Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 21st November 2017, 14:03     #161
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
I started watching that... hmm 8 minute interview. After 1 minute of Jack trying to eek something out of it... bored... skip to 4 minutes... still trying...skip to 7 minutes... still trying. What the fu.. I don't... ugh.
I get the feeling he's confused about the hard part in "hard questions". They're supposed to be hard to ask, not hard to listen to.
Old 21st November 2017, 19:44     #162
The Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Been away from home too long, NFI who Jack Tame is, and after reading this commentary I have no interest whatsoever in watching the clip. :/
He's a young talentless guy who somehow became a journalist for TVNZ, and truly believes he's the next big thing.
Old 27th November 2017, 08:45     #163
pxpx

Why does it cost $23m to run a government agency to think about re-entering pike river? Why is it going to take 2 years? Wasn't it safe to go back in already?
Old 27th November 2017, 09:57     #164
CCS
Stunt Pants

It was when Andrew Little was in Opposition. Now that he's the minister and he has actual responsibility, whoa - slow down you guys, we got Health and Safety legislation and sutff! We can't just stroll on in there!
Old 27th November 2017, 10:18     #165
BoyWonder

If the government (mainly Winston Peters) actually cared at all we would see Winston Peters in charge of it. He was the one who pumped the most oxygen into it... so to speak.

How long will it take for those who are pushing for re-entry to realise they are being fobbed off (at considerable expense), and their cause is nothing but a political football. Their meeting with Winston Peters on day one of negotiations was just part of his theatrics.
Old 27th November 2017, 10:41     #166
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
"I'm so confident of the reports I've seen, that I've volunteered to be one of the first ones to go back in", Peters, speaking on the steps of Parliament, told the victims' families and reporters on Tuesday.

Alright Winston, get yer gumboots on. You too, Little.
Old 27th November 2017, 10:56     #167
pxpx

Thought: If it's safe to go back in, once they get them out and all the various religious things are sorted, can we start mining it again?
Old 27th November 2017, 11:00     #168
CCS
Stunt Pants

Since it's so safe, you'd think so. But since there's so much methane in it, they should just collect that and put it to use.
Old 6th December 2017, 10:41     #169
BoyWonder

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...bility--labour

Quote:
Originally Posted by The article
However, the briefing documents show the way the agency would run, and while Little would be in charge of overseeing the agency and make the final call on re-entry, the chief executive of the agency would be liable for any decisions.

Wanted: someone of reduced mental capacity to take on the role of CEO of the Pike River Recovery Agency. Don't worry though, there's little risk of being sent to prison as its not likely they will actually go ahead with the re-entry.
Old 6th December 2017, 20:15     #170
blynk

Its a bit stupid ultimately.
All that will happen is that some CEO will get paid a big salary and in the end will turn around and say No its not safe enough.

I think there should either
only be liable if there is a death and they find he was negligent in his decision
or
just be a second independent team that will review the final decision (if its a yes).
Old 19th January 2018, 11:54     #171
pxpx

Laugh

Congrats to Jacinda and Clarke on their pregnancy! Do the honorable thing mate and put a ring on it.
Old 19th January 2018, 12:10     #172
CCS
Stunt Pants

PM to have bastard baby.
Old 19th January 2018, 12:20     #173
StN
I have detailed files

So she wants to be in labour while in Labour.

Knew 3 weeks after election day - Before Winston announced the coalition on the 19th October. No wonder Gayford took to the water!

And now we will get 6 weeks of Winston in charge.
Old 19th January 2018, 13:10     #174
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Got a source for that? Or is it just an assumption? (not trolling just curious)
Old 19th January 2018, 13:35     #175
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Peters would take on the role of Acting Prime Minister for six weeks after the baby was born, Ardern said.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-she-found-out
Old 19th January 2018, 14:01     #176
[Malks] Pixie

Yeah just saw that - reason I'd asked was someone pointed out that the PM isn't an employee (thus employment laws don't automatically apply).
Old 19th January 2018, 14:38     #177
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I'M A VOTER SHE WORKS FOR MEEEEEEE
Old 19th January 2018, 14:49     #178
blynk

Oh god. This is going to make the comment section even more hell to read.
All the Right leaning commentary/trolls

But total congratulations to them. Especially if originally it looked like they weren't going to be able to have any (without help)
Old 19th January 2018, 15:10     #179
Cyberbob

I still remember Clarke from 'Bomber & Clarke' and struggle to take him seriously.
Old 19th January 2018, 18:44     #180
Lightspeed

And now he's the picture of contemporary masculinity.
Old 19th January 2018, 19:42     #181
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
He was probably there putting pins through the condoms.
Old 19th January 2018, 21:47     #182
fixed_truth

Quote:
On the other hand, Ardern's pregnancy should be utterly mundane news. Politicians — even world leaders — have babies all the time. British Prime Minister David Cameron had a new baby while he was in office, as did his recent predecessor Tony Blair.

Australians Bill Shorten, Joe Hockey, Christopher Pyne and Josh Frydenberg have all had babies while serving as ministers. So what on earth is the big deal? Well, the big deal, of course, is that they are men, and have wives at home to care for the kids. No-one worried about the impact of a newborn on Cameron or Shorten or Frydenberg, because they had their partners to deal with all the night feeds and nappies.

So why on earth can't a male partner do the same? Why should a newborn impact on a woman more than a man? Pregnancy isn't a disease, and a pregnant woman can work right until giving birth.

And once the baby has been born, and the woman is up and about again, there is absolutely no reason why the dad can't step up and take on the bulk of the child-rearing.

Let's celebrate this news because every new baby is worth celebrating. Let it inspire more fathers to be stay-at-home parents, so that more women can stay in the workforce, and so that dads can experience all the joys that child raising has to offer.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11978329

Fuckin oath
Old 20th January 2018, 00:49     #183
crocos

On the other hand, this is a good exercise to find out who a lot of the cunts are on my Twitter and Facebook feeds (very few) and excise them.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 20th January 2018, 20:49     #184
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
On the other hand, this is a good exercise to find out who a lot of the cunts are on my Twitter and Facebook feeds (very few) and excise them.
Mines been relatively fine at the moment. I already knew the ones that hated labour. But havent had anything bad come through.

I was however listening to late night talk back and oh my. Some of the older generation callers were extremely funny (and a little scary).
Like the one that told them how bad it was that the child would be born out of wedlock. And what a poor child and their life would be hard.
And what name would they take. How cruel.
And then proceeded to say that Clark should go get a job like a real man. And they make enough money that they should hire a nanny so he can work to.

It makes me feel like we need to cap the voting age at maybe 75
Old 21st January 2018, 16:28     #185
MadMax
Stuff

I think we'll see Winnie covering for more that just the 6 weeks
Old 21st January 2018, 17:57     #186
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos

Yeah, imagine knowing people with a different political opinion than you. Best to purge them so you have have to be exposed to their point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
It makes me feel like we need to cap the voting age at maybe 75

That's not narrow minded at all Maybe anyone that supports the "wrong" party shouldn't be allowed to vote. Ban those who think wrong!
Old 21st January 2018, 18:24     #187
Lightspeed

There's a difference between political opinion and approaches to political engagement.

For instance are children excluded from politics because they think wrong? Or are there other reasons?
Old 21st January 2018, 19:12     #188
CCS
Stunt Pants

Blynk isn't talking about political engagement though, is he?
Old 21st January 2018, 21:41     #189
Lightspeed

I don't think he's talking about political opinion either... that was really just your strawman.
Old 21st January 2018, 23:36     #190
CCS
Stunt Pants

He is, it's pretty fucking obvious.
Old 21st January 2018, 23:58     #191
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Yeah, imagine knowing people with a different political opinion than you. Best to purge them so you have have to be exposed to their point of view.
I was referring more to the misogynistic "bitch shouldn't be PM if she's going to get preggers, this is why females should stay at home" types rather than any particular political affiliation. I didn't say anything about it being political so that's your own interpretation of something that wasn't there.

Last edited by crocos : 22nd January 2018 at 00:00.
Old 22nd January 2018, 01:18     #192
CCS
Stunt Pants

Maybe you should learn to express yourself better then? Personally, I think there's still a political element there.
Old 22nd January 2018, 01:18     #193
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Was Jacinda pregnant at the time she was asked by that journo if she had plans to start a family?
Old 22nd January 2018, 02:06     #194
CCS
Stunt Pants

That dude that asked that question that time? More input, cunt.

Jacinda knew October 13. So probably after the journo dude asked that question that time.
Old 22nd January 2018, 02:52     #195
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Maybe you should learn to express yourself better then? Personally, I think there's still a political element there.
Maybe you could fucking learn to participate in a dialogue instead of being a cunt your whole life? Your rarely share an opinion of your own, you only exist in opposition.

Or just be a cunt, in which case maybe you can go get fucked?
Old 22nd January 2018, 08:50     #196
pxpx

Side note, Clarke's sorted. Being a stay at home dad would be fucking awesome, especially with Jacindas salary.
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:39     #197
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Was Jacinda pregnant at the time she was asked by that journo if she had plans to start a family?
Journo, lol. Are you telling me you haven't been reading on the two main nz news sites the many awesome womansplaining articles about everything mark richardson has said or done since? Stay woke bro.
Old 22nd January 2018, 21:20     #198
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Maybe you could fucking learn to participate in a dialogue instead of being a cunt your whole life? Your rarely share an opinion of your own, you only exist in opposition.

I offer my opinion all the time and you'd have to be a complete fucking moron not to realise that.

Quote:
Or just be a cunt, in which case maybe you can go get fucked?
Job well done of advancing the debate. Hey, have you ever thought about not being intellectually dishonest all the time? Do you think that might be constructive? Maybe you could stop degrading discussions into semantic arguments? Maybe you could stop turning discussions into meta discussions about the nature of what it is that's being discussed? Do you think you could stop deliberately misconstruing what people say and putting words into people's mouths? No, you can't do any of that because WAAAAAH YOU'RE A CUNT AND YOU CAN GET FUCKED WAAAAH!!

You're the problem.
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:01     #199
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Think what you like; you'd be wrong about the political element though.

Old 23rd January 2018, 13:14     #200
Lightspeed

All evidence suggests CCS thinks advancing a debate is telling people what they said and what they mean. Then getting angry and abrasive when you try to clarify your point, insisting you mean what he says you mean. He confuses attacking the opinions of others as offering opinions of his own.

*shrug*

Some people stop growing, that's life. It seems like CCS stopped growing at a very early age.