Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Putin to Western elites: Play-time is over

http://cluborlov.blogspot.com.au/201...y-time-is.html

Time to put on the brown pants.
Old 30th October 2014, 13:21     #2
CCS
Stunt Pants

Time to assassinate Putin with a dildo drone.
Old 30th October 2014, 16:04     #3
xor

What are they going to do though? Russia ain't got no money
Old 30th October 2014, 16:58     #4
fixed_truth

That's just the cancer talking.
Old 30th October 2014, 23:36     #5
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...sian-warplanes

Quote:
In all, Nato said, its jets intercepted four groups of Russian aircraft in about 24 hours since Tuesday and some were still on manoeuvres late on Wednesday afternoon.

“These sizeable Russian flights represent an unusual level of air activity over European air space,” the alliance said.
Just in case anyone though he was faking it.
Old 30th October 2014, 23:42     #6
Lightspeed

Nah, nah. It's all good. Using a military build up to bolster an economy almost never goes poorly, right?
Old 31st October 2014, 02:02     #7
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Worked for the USA. WW2 ended the Great Depression.
Old 31st October 2014, 09:08     #8
Lightspeed

Yes, that was a grand adventure for all, eh?
Old 31st October 2014, 10:06     #9
Spink

Old 31st October 2014, 10:19     #10
Juju
get to da choppa

If this speech really is as important as it is made out to be, how come a shitty $2 blog site is the only one reporting it?
Old 31st October 2014, 10:29     #11
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
If this speech really is as important as it is made out to be, how come a shitty $2 blog site is the only one reporting it?
You would expect Orlov to have something other than an efficient and low cost platform for his material?

For context I'd recommend reading some of his other publications (though I'm guessing both myself and Ab are somewhat Orlov fans).

Pixie
Old 31st October 2014, 10:39     #12
Juju
get to da choppa

Who's Orlov?

...google...wiki..

oh some guy who promotes the downfall of america.
Old 31st October 2014, 11:16     #13
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Didn't work for Britain though did it?
Old 31st October 2014, 20:07     #14
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Hell, losing a war can work wonders too - just takes longer (ref: Germany)
Old 7th November 2014, 01:32     #15
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

Quote:
Finland warns of new cold war over failure to grasp situation in Russia
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-war-russia-eu
Old 13th November 2014, 13:15     #16
Lightspeed

Ukraine crisis: Russian troops crossed border, Nato says

Rebels probably built those tanks themselves, AMIRITE?
Old 13th November 2014, 14:49     #17
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The weird thing is, the more I read about the clusterfuck that is Ukraine the more I start rooting for Mother Russia.
Old 13th November 2014, 15:54     #18
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Failed to locate like button.
Old 13th November 2014, 19:52     #19
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The weird thing is, the more I read about the clusterfuck that is Ukraine the more I start rooting for Mother Russia.
Got any links to some good reading?

Russia's aight. Someone's got to say the shit the no one else will.
Old 16th November 2014, 15:21     #20
Lightspeed

I guess playtime isn't completely over...

Old 18th November 2014, 10:25     #21
Lightspeed

This is a great intersect of popular topics here at NZG:

Apple now worthmore than entire Russian stock market
Old 3rd December 2014, 21:40     #22
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Is this what you were getting at?
http://rinf.com/alt-news/editorials/...mitriy-yarosh/
Old 10th December 2014, 23:51     #23
Gijoe^

Welp Russia just turned turkey.

Kinda gob smacked myself. They totaly threw out the South stream proposal. and did a deal to ship all the gas to turkey instead. Nord stream project will pump gas around ukraine too, thus Ukraine will no long get transit revenues.
Old 11th December 2014, 01:28     #24
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Russia's going to start getting crazy as oil prices stay low.
Old 11th December 2014, 09:05     #25
Gijoe^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The gas lands in the us are getting decimated because oil went below fracking cost of production.
Old 14th December 2014, 17:33     #26
CCS
Stunt Pants

Russia On US Treaty Violation Accusation: Go Screw Yourself

Quote:
A few months back the United States formally notified Russia that it had carried out missile tests in violation of the Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, and it may exert military and economic pressure as a result. Russia's Foreign Ministry responded today, and it's pretty much exactly what you would expect.

From Russian state mouthpiece ITAR-Tass:

Quote:
We are not going to obey the US diktat.
Damnn you Putin.
Old 17th December 2014, 16:36     #27
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Today:

Quote:
Russian economy facing Soviet-style collapse

Russia has lost control of its economy and may be forced to impose Soviet-style exchange controls after "shock and awe" action by the central bank failed to stem the collapse of the rouble.

"The situation is critical," said the central bank's vice-chairman, Sergei Shvetsov. "What is happening is a nightmare that we could not even have imagined a year ago."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11375623
Russia doesn't have, like, nuclear weapons or anything does it?
Old 17th December 2014, 20:11     #28
StN
I have detailed files

My boss regaled a tale from when he worked in the beehive. It may be public knowledge now, I don't know. Something about the butter mountain, and the Government having no money - "no money" like diplomats getting cash advances on credit cards to pay embassy staff "no money".

Anyway, Russia owed us heaps for butter exports, but also had no money, so they offered NZ an old nuclear sub. This didn't go down well (Ha, nautical pun!) so they offered a squadron of aging Migs. Again, not a viable option. So in the end, we ended up with a heap (like a large cargo ship full) of Ladas.

I wonder if we are in a position to negotiate again.
Old 17th December 2014, 20:59     #29
Gijoe^

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
My boss regaled a tale from when he worked in the beehive. It may be public knowledge now, I don't know. Something about the butter mountain, and the Government having no money - "no money" like diplomats getting cash advances on credit cards to pay embassy staff "no money".

Anyway, Russia owed us heaps for butter exports, but also had no money, so they offered NZ an old nuclear sub. This didn't go down well (Ha, nautical pun!) so they offered a squadron of aging Migs. Again, not a viable option. So in the end, we ended up with a heap (like a large cargo ship full) of Ladas.

I wonder if we are in a position to negotiate again.

They purchased 60 tonns of gold in the last year (more than the rest of the world combined) preparing for the upcoming financial turmoil. now that there currency is in free fall they can scoop it all back up off the foreign markets super super cheap. pennys in the dollar cheap.

if you where to get payment, it might be in remabi (china monies)

#murica would probably sanction us for selling them things or taking a payment for something we already sold them, because they are being a bag of dicks atm.

possibly china might dump some usd to get some super cheap rubles to pay for all the gas and oil they want in the next 5 years,

All i know is most of the shit in the herald is all propaganda/advertorial, so much so they dont even credit the article with an author.
Old 17th December 2014, 21:25     #30
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Daily Telegraph UK

By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard
Old 17th December 2014, 22:06     #31
Gijoe^

heh curious, 1 hour ago it wasn't attributed to anybody.
after 2 pages of google results, ive come to the conclusion hes a bit biased.

Ambrose Evans-Pritchard
“The Matterhorn London Interviews – Aug 2014: Ambrose Evans-Pritchard”
“Ironically, America has never been as powerful financially as it is now”

http://www.amazon.com/The-Secret-Lif.../dp/0895264080
Cited by White House press secretary Mike McCurry as the origin of every major Clinton scandal story, Ambrose Evans-Pritchard has done more than any other journalist to expose the truth about the Clintons

http://vimeo.com/113828089
The temptation, in addressing so manifestly absurd and error-filled a piece of work, is to raillery. In form, Evans-Pritchard's book is a feverish concatenation of what his countryman, Guardian Washington correspondent Martin Walker, calls "the Clinton legends" into one vast, delusional epic. In effect, "The Secret Life of Bill Clinton" is a militiaman's wet dream. Evans-Pritchard nowhere advocates violence against the president or the United States government, but he does provide the impressionable True Believer with a rationale. Publishing this book is the moral equivalent of leaving a loaded revolver in a psychiatric ward. And that, perhaps, requires an approach other than satire.
Old 18th December 2014, 01:38     #32
Ajax
Architeuthis

Apparently the capitalisation of Russia's entire stock market is now worth less than Microsoft's stock.
Old 18th December 2014, 14:10     #33
Gijoe^

At times like these I always wonder how I can go about purchasing now cheap land and property.
Old 19th December 2014, 14:59     #34
Gijoe^

What gets me about this whole thing is people think the russians are idiot untermesch, and they will roll over to the americans. but they arnt, and you happen to stumble across things like this on the web

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXLUJpqaQpY

if we had even a sprinkle of people in our political class who where focused on the more long term direction of our country, our country would be a totally different place.
Old 31st December 2014, 11:59     #35
crocos

Club Orlov - The Imperial Collapse Playbook

Some interesting observations and consistent patterns here, but I suspect that the author may have underestimated just how proud Americans are of being American - establishing an "Anti-America" inside the country may be harder than they think.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 31st December 2014, 13:23     #36
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

There's still a lot of the pre-Civil War "anti America" left in the South. My impression of Texas for example is that the people of that state regard the USA the way we think that the USA regards the rest of the world.
Old 1st January 2015, 16:00     #37
Gijoe^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
There's still a lot of the pre-Civil War "anti America" left in the South. My impression of Texas for example is that the people of that state regard the USA the way we think that the USA regards the rest of the world.

pretty much all the Americans I know are pretty decent regular people. Its just there government thats gob smackingly shit. and they all agree they dislike the majority of the people that represent them.

Only one guy I met ever thought Truman was the greatest.

anyway the place is full of the good the bad and the ugly. I've found eastern Europe to be alot more exciting and offer more interesting experiences and opportunities.

Its also freaking super cheap.
Old 1st January 2015, 16:14     #38
Lightspeed

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gijoe^
pretty much all the Americans I know are pretty decent regular people.
I'm confused, which are they? Decent or regular?