Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 18th August 2014, 11:05     #41
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
There's bunch of texts that Slater has received from Wayne Tempero which are allegedly from KDC.. funny stuff!
KDC's cellphone in clear text there... wonder if its been changed yet?
Old 18th August 2014, 11:24     #42
StN
I have detailed files

So apparently Tempero was just on Sean Plunkets show and spilled a fair bit about KDC. Next up Laila. Audio might be hosted later.
Old 18th August 2014, 11:38     #43
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

audio is now up: http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Wayne-Tem...5/Default.aspx
Old 18th August 2014, 12:14     #44
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
I'm not used to radio live's adverts and had to have an immature giggle at "4 working kiwis have a stroke every day" (about the 33:02 mark)
Old 18th August 2014, 13:15     #45
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Cameron Slater in Tel Aviv, sent by the Israeli Embassy, going to look at military installations, tasked with reporting positively on Israel.

He's certainly not just an independent blogger.
Old 18th August 2014, 13:23     #46
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Of course he is, he posts whatever he wants.
Old 18th August 2014, 13:53     #47
StN
I have detailed files

I did wonder where the last few weeks worth of Jewish persecution articles were coming from.
Old 18th August 2014, 15:32     #48
fixed_truth

This should stoke the fire a bit:

Hacker release shows links to PM staffer
Quote:
Documents allegedly hacked from Whaleoil blogger Cameron Slater have been put online showing links to staff answering to the Prime Minister.
Quote:
The information provided through the link is hosted on the encrypted Mega website set up by Kim Dotcom, who has denied any link to the hacking. Dotcom's Mega website - which is open for public use - allows secure encryption for users, giving the hacker a layer of protection.

The Twitter handle carries the address 3 Hans Cres - the address of the Ecuadorian embassy in London where Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is exiled.

The handle also includes an encryption key which resolves to Winston Peter's email address.
LOL
Old 18th August 2014, 15:41     #49
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

pro-tier
Old 18th August 2014, 16:31     #50
Know me.

I wonder if the GCSB will get involved now that the information has been posted on an international server by persons unknown.
Old 18th August 2014, 19:01     #51
fixed_truth

A couple of must reads:

Did Nicky Hager “make stuff up”? (from the guy who vetted Hager's book)
Quote:
I want to go through some of the spin. I want to do that because the Prime Minister is claiming repeatedly that Nicky has “made stuff up”, that he’s in cahoots with the “Fuck John Key” mob and the “Planet Key” song-writer and the effigy burners, and that he’s done it to distract attention from the real issues.
Cri du cœur (Andrew Geddies)
Quote:
All I want to do here is give those of you who haven't managed (or won't be bothered) to read it some indication of why it matters beyond the specific questions of whether accessing a left-open computer system is a crime, or if Judith Collins was "just helping" when she gave a public servants name up for public humiliation, or if John Key's office expedited the release of some SIS information to someone ahead of someone else. Because I want to talk about the sorts of people who this book reveals for who they are, and what their participation in our politics means.
Old 18th August 2014, 19:28     #52
adonis

Guyon Espiner gets stuck into JK

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...ster-and-staff

So great to hear an interviewer sticking to the questions and not letting JK give his usual non-answers. I've been waiting years for them to catch on.
Old 18th August 2014, 20:01     #53
fixed_truth

Patrick Gower on TV3 news milking it for all it’s worth

Collins gave job to Whale Oil tipster
Old 18th August 2014, 20:21     #54
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis

So great to hear an interviewer sticking to the questions and not letting JK give his usual non-answers. I've been waiting years for them to catch on.
As per the link in the "Judith Collins passing on the name of a civil servant so he could be excoriated by Slater?" from F_T's "Did Nicky Hager “make stuff up”?" link, yeah?

Key just kept deliberately avoiding the questions.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 18th August 2014, 21:15     #55
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

/popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Personally I expect the NZ media to run increasingly critical hit pieces on both Labour AND National as we get closer to the election. We've had "CUNLIFFE KNEW LIU!" and I expect that any second/day/week now we'll get "KEY KNEW ABOUT THE DOTCOM RAID!" or some shit like that.

Labour in particular likes to cry like a bitch that Big Media has it in for them, but the reality is that Big Media likes to sell newspapers and ad impressions.. that's it. Thrashings are not interesting; down-to-the-wire contests are. Thus Big Media (insofar as NZ actually has any) has a vested interest in dragging each side down to more of a level playing field as we go into election mode. No-one gives a shit about the All Blacks playing the Rongotai Golden Oldies because you know it's gonna be a smashing, but you can sell ads around the ABs vs the Springboks.
I see Matthew Hooton is now describing the election as "too close to call" on Twitter as if he's just some disinterested observer on the sideline.
Old 18th August 2014, 21:27     #56
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
Why would someone who wants to make a quick buck care about credibility?
For the people who keep saying that Nicky Hager is a loonie or just wants to make a quick buck (^^^) - care to provide some evidence?

Having actually spent time with him (he's a good friend of my mother) my opinion of him is that he's a genuine nice guy and extremely intelligent. He certainly doesn't come across as some wacky leftist conspiracy theorist.

He's an interesting quote from Marian Hobbs in 2002 (then Labour Government's Environment Minister) after Hager released Seeds of Distrust: "Nick Hager's conspiracy theories do not match the facts.". Sound familiar much?
Old 18th August 2014, 21:32     #57
Farmer Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis

That interview is gold. How could you listen to that and not think John Key is a ginormous douchebag?

Last edited by Farmer Joe : 18th August 2014 at 21:36.
Old 18th August 2014, 22:38     #58
CCS
Stunt Pants

^

I feel the same way when I hear the likes of David Cunliffe or Colin Craig or Hone Harawira or Russel Norman talking.
Old 18th August 2014, 22:43     #59
Farmer Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I feel the same way when I hear the likes of David Cunliffe or Colin Craig or Hone Harawira or Russel Norman talking.
heh, heh, fair call .
Old 18th August 2014, 23:00     #60
zeekiorage

Looks like Key tried using the same tactic he so successfully used when he was on Campbell Live many months ago but Guyon made him look, I don't know, not very prime ministerial there.
Old 18th August 2014, 23:03     #61
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know me.
I wonder if the GCSB will get involved now that the information has been posted on an international server by persons unknown.
Surely all that is needed is a chat with a friend who can ask the NSA?
Old 19th August 2014, 15:39     #62
fixed_truth

March this year
Quote:
Prime Minister John Key has signalled Justice Minister Judith Collins is on her final warning after she withheld details of a dinner in China with a company linked to her husband.
- http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...n-about-dinner

Today
Judith Collins' on her last chance - Key
Quote:
Judith Collins' decision to leak information to blogger Cameron Slater was "unwise" and she is now on her last chance, Prime Minister John Key says.
Old 19th August 2014, 15:42     #63
pxpx

Last Last Chance, duh!
Old 19th August 2014, 15:58     #64
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
What she's on is on her last chance after what happened last time.
See? You just needed the Prime Minister to explain it, that's all.
Old 19th August 2014, 16:17     #65
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK
What she's on is on her last chance after what happened last time. But at the end of the day...
Campbell Live ran a montage of the 15 times he said that in interviews yesterday - LOLtastic.
Old 19th August 2014, 17:05     #66
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

When it's the end of the day, at the end of the day, you'd probably just say "at the end of the day".
Old 19th August 2014, 17:13     #67
pxpx

That makes sense, because at the end of the day, John Key would not be part of a government that I lead.
Old 19th August 2014, 17:25     #68
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

I didn't realise you were running!
Old 19th August 2014, 20:00     #69
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
sooo...pretty painful for you to listen to as well?
mr key that is.
Old 19th August 2014, 20:35     #70
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Credit where it's due: David Cunliffe is handling this perfectly.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=11311217
Old 20th August 2014, 19:06     #71
Farmer Joe

*grabs popcorn*

"Allegations the SIS released official information to blogger Cameron Slater for political purposes will be officially investigated, it was confirmed today."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11311764
Old 20th August 2014, 19:16     #72
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I see "@whaledump" today released a bunch of private messages from Slater's hacked computer in which Slater corresponds with people about his mother's battle with cancer.

Because, you know, that shit is in the public interest.

NICE WORK HAXX0R GUY YOU IS TEH L33TEST
Old 20th August 2014, 20:17     #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I see "@whaledump" today released a bunch of private messages from Slater's hacked computer in which Slater corresponds with people about his mother's battle with cancer.

Because, you know, that shit is in the public interest.

NICE WORK HAXX0R GUY YOU IS TEH L33TEST
He's just getting a taste of his own medicine.
Don't forget what Slater has been leaking...Labour party donors, public servant info etc
Old 20th August 2014, 20:58     #74
fixed_truth

apparently they didn't mean to . . .

https://twitter.com/whaledump/status/501941955539243008
Old 21st August 2014, 09:09     #75
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

I don't see much in common between publicising a person's private medical details of no legitimate interest to anybody not directly involved and re-publishing information already legitimately publicly available and of curiosity-level interest to a good range of people.

At the base I suppose we have that in both cases the two parties who own the information don't want this talked about in public. On the next heart beat when motivation to publish is considered the divergence commences and a minute later the gulf between the two is too wide to sensibly try to connect them.

I refer to the left as being evil and I've done so for years. Going down this particular rabbit hole here is 100% consistent with my being correct on this point. Sure it's only a proportion of the left that are actually evil at their core but the resulting mud sticks to the faces of everyone nearby. The lack of leadership by the left to prevent such muck actually becoming public simply points to their not being ready for their turn at the mantle; not that more evidence of this is needed right now.
Old 21st August 2014, 09:53     #76
Farmer Joe

ruh roh... looks like someone has been caught telling more lies.

Quote:
"I notified the Prime Minister ... that I was going to release redacted documents in response to the request from Mr Slater," Dr Tucker wrote.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11311764
Old 21st August 2014, 09:55     #77
Farmer Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
I refer to the left as being evil and I've done so for years. Going down this particular rabbit hole here is 100% consistent with my being correct on this point. Sure it's only a proportion of the left that are actually evil at their core but the resulting mud sticks to the faces of everyone nearby. The lack of leadership by the left to prevent such muck actually becoming public simply points to their not being ready for their turn at the mantle; not that more evidence of this is needed right now.
lulz. Yeah, EXACTLY what you said but in relation to National's dealings with Cockbag-Slater.
Old 21st August 2014, 12:30     #78
Macca@Work

To Quote the Bard...

"Much ado..about nothing..*
Old 21st August 2014, 13:00     #79
xor

https://twitter.com/felixmarwick/sta...006144/photo/1

Zing!
Old 21st August 2014, 13:04     #80
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Well, we're now into the self-sustaining phase. Let's call it the "traditional media puts the boot into new media" phase. Newspapers and TV news have a vested interest in making this Internet thing with its interblogs and sociable mediums out to be a stinking cesspool of useless trivia and/or vicious partisan hackery. You can trust the newspapers, they wouldn't lie. Not like people on the Internet.

Subscribe to Fairfax/NZH now, and tune in to TVNZ/3News for updates. Just make sure to watch the ads too.