Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 27th September 2011, 09:43     #4441
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo
Breaking Bad was intense as.
Can't believe he called Gus out, what a crazy dude.
Old 27th September 2011, 09:44     #4442
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Fringe season 4!
Es gooood!
Old 27th September 2011, 10:24     #4443
blur^

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
Can't believe he called Gus out, what a crazy dude.
walt is so stupid
why has he not thought gus can kill his family until now?

i dont know where this show is going to go now, walt goes on the run with his famz and jesse becomes the master cook? lame. unless jesse has a change of heart and decides to take gus out or this is the final season and it ends with walt spilling the beans
Old 27th September 2011, 10:59     #4444
aR Que

oppps may need spoiler tags!

One more season after this.
Don't think it'll go lame, last time I thought it would when walt was having a cry at the end of season 3? and instead plays'em it turned into gold.

I imagine Gus is gonna have to prove he's the boss now.

That wife of his has really thrown him into some serious shit She handed her fling a wheelbarrow of dirt before sending in the heavies, what a fool! ... i hate that woman.

Last edited by aR Que : 27th September 2011 at 11:00.
Old 27th September 2011, 14:47     #4445
Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
That wife of his has really thrown him into some serious shit She handed her fling a wheelbarrow of dirt before sending in the heavies, what a fool! ... i hate that woman.
Ted wasn't looking too hot last time he was on camera (replayed the scene three times, couldn't stop laughing)

I think whatever happens, it will be awesome.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:42     #4446
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo
Ted wasn't looking too hot last time he was on camera (replayed the scene three times, couldn't stop laughing)
Legit forgot that part, haha.

Nek minut.
Old 27th September 2011, 18:36     #4447
blur^

Omfg @ weeds finale
Old 27th September 2011, 21:10     #4448
wazza
*flex*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_Nova_(TV_series)

Quote:
The show begins in the year 2149, a time when all life on planet Earth is threatened with extinction due to dwindling worldwide air quality and overpopulation. Scientists discover a rift in space-time that allows people to travel 85 million years back in time to the middle of the Cretaceous period on the prehistoric Earth of an alternate reality, offering a chance to save humanity. The Shannon family (father Jim, his wife Elisabeth, and their three children Josh, Maddy and Zoe) join the tenth pilgrimage of settlers to Terra Nova, the first human colony on the other side of the temporal doorway.[4]
Gonna check out the pilot. It's exploded on the torrents.
Old 27th September 2011, 22:49     #4449
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

being on fox it will probably be cancelled once people start to like it
Old 28th September 2011, 01:07     #4450
ZoSo

It's fucking terrible. They seem stuck on this formula of shitty over-(badly)acted families with young kids and these trying to be heroic yet sappy father figures in these wannabe TV sci-fi's with the odd bit of cgi thrown in to mask the majority of lame.
The only hope left is Ridley Scott and Prometheus on the big screen. But even then I'm worried he's going to go senile as well and give us similar dross.

Tis sad times.
Old 28th September 2011, 07:27     #4451
Fx.

reminds me of earth2, i like the premise but yeah most of the family figures can gtfo
Old 28th September 2011, 08:43     #4452
Baxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
It's fucking terrible. They seem stuck on this formula of shitty over-(badly)acted families with young kids and these trying to be heroic yet sappy father figures in these wannabe TV sci-fi's with the odd bit of cgi thrown in to mask the majority of lame.

Tis sad times.
QFTFT

wonder why sci-fi is so hard to make. take a simple, good story, some fun characters put them in space, in cowboy coats, with cowboy guns, and nathan fillion and then........
Old 28th September 2011, 08:51     #4453
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxton
QFTFT

wonder why sci-fi is so hard to make. take a simple, good story, some fun characters put them in space, in cowboy coats, with cowboy guns, and nathan fillion and then........
I'd argue that Firefly (awesome series) is more of a western than a sci-fi. It certainly has some strong sci-fi elements (both in the overall plot and in the setting) but it's constructed as a western. Probably why it did so well :-)

Pixie
Old 28th September 2011, 09:50     #4454
blur^

so well that it got canceled?

*duck*
Old 28th September 2011, 09:57     #4455
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur^

*duck*
Yeah lol ... its not like that network has a history of cancelling success :P ..

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 28th September 2011, 11:49     #4456
_Incubus_

Very angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxton
QFTFT

99% of Sci Fi tv is shit...they find countless ways to bring the plots back to earth locales. Star Trek the next gen...spent half the fucking series in period costumes in the FUCKING HOLODECK!

Deep Space Nine was fucking days of our aliens lives near a fucking worm hole. The series finale had a massive fucking space battle going on that we didnt get to see more than 30 seconds of becuase of the 'human' drama on the station....ARRGGGHHH

Even stargate got to be "What ancient earth culture do we need to dig up for this series?" "Oh I know, we've done the egypt thing right? How about we do merlin and we can add in cool magic really was technology episodes...that'll keep the nerds watching".

Not strictly sci fi but Dollhouse, what a blatant attempt to fill the 'nerds need a new buffy series' void.....dress up a hot chick in various skimpy costumes, add in an evil dude, an umbrella corporation faction and hint at coolness but ultimately be a bucketload of shit.

/me heads off to find blood pressure meds..
Old 28th September 2011, 12:00     #4457
Baxton

I always hated star trek. How are we going to solve this problem? simple we will flabitulate the trololoazoids. DONE

I mean, sure it is funny when dr Who does it...

o yea and good sci fi is possible, what about startgate universe (cancelled)
battlestar had its moments

they both had that balance of character drama and action. and universe managed it while jugling a completely rediculous story line.
Old 28th September 2011, 12:10     #4458
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
99% of Sci Fi tv is shit...they find countless ways to bring the plots back to earth locales. Star Trek the next gen...spent half the fucking series in period costumes in the FUCKING HOLODECK!
Agreed, I really dislike the holodeck/time travel eps where they end up in 1930s America or something. And there's nothing fucking worse than listening to three or four characters sitting on their asses while they talk their way through some ethical conundrum for the whole ep. This is really a problem of limited budget though.
Old 28th September 2011, 17:18     #4459
Caesar

Quote:
Star Trek the next gen...spent half the fucking series in period costumes in the FUCKING HOLODECK!

Deep Space Nine was fucking days of our aliens lives near a fucking worm hole. The series finale had a massive fucking space battle going on that we didnt get to see more than 30 seconds of becuase of the 'human' drama on the station....ARRGGGHHH
So true about fucken Holodeck epidoes eh with TNG and Voyager too although to a *slightly* lesser extent. I personally think they don't have any idea of a script so they go "ok time for another holodeck episode where we can go anywhere in time and make some shit up or reenact a historical period/event". I generally struggle to watch through HoloD episodes. I have to say on the whole though I have enjoyed Voyager more than TNG.

And thanks for confirming my suspicions about DS9, I'll definitely skip getting that.

My top 3 Space SciFi's would be Babylon 5, BSG 2k and Farscape which I'm about to finish with the Peacekeeper Wars movie this weekend probably.
Old 28th September 2011, 23:15     #4460
blur^

farscape is win

crackers dont matter == best ep ever
Old 29th September 2011, 10:38     #4461
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur^

*duck*
No need to duck, thats a fair comment, and whilst I enjoyed the show I'm no raving fanboi.

It did well considering that it was a mash up of two genres which historically have quite volatile histories with audiences - it spawned a feature film which (no matter how it came about) did okay. It got cancelled for a number of reasons - one of them was that it wasn't a safe pick for the networks, there were no comparable shows on which to make predictions about its possible financial future. Networks, if anything, are horribly risk adverse.

Pixie

[edit - bring back Blakes 7 ftmfw]

Last edited by [Malks] Pixie : 29th September 2011 at 10:39.
Old 29th September 2011, 11:29     #4462
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
bring back Blakes 7 ftmfw]
Heh, funny you say that, I'm currently rewatching the entire show again from the start. In the beginning it actually stands up quite well with some pretty unique and interesting characters that are developed quite well...
Old 29th September 2011, 11:43     #4463
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Heh, funny you say that, I'm currently rewatching the entire show again from the start. In the beginning it actually stands up quite well with some pretty unique and interesting characters that are developed quite well...
Excellent :-)

I think B7 worked so well because of the characters, because there was the internal conflicts and it wasn't a nice, happy well integrated group of characters. Also B7 did some things which no other sci-fi series has ever managed to survive since then - the removal of the main character (Blake), the destruction of the technological focal point (liberator) and creating a bad guy (or girl in this case) who may not actually be evil, bad or even an actual enemy. Some shows have managed one of them, but none since then have managed to do all three and survive.

Also as a series it has awesome first and last episodes!

Pixie
Old 29th September 2011, 12:52     #4464
_Incubus_

Quote:
Excellent :-)

I think B7 worked so well because of the characters, because there was the internal conflicts and it wasn't a nice, happy well integrated group of characters. Also B7 did some things which no other sci-fi series has ever managed to survive since then - the removal of the main character (Blake), the destruction of the technological focal point (liberator) and creating a bad guy (or girl in this case) who may not actually be evil, bad or even an actual enemy. Some shows have managed one of them, but none since then have managed to do all three and survive.

Also as a series it has awesome first and last episodes!

Pixie
Theres only one bad thing about Blakes 7....I'm not allowed to watch it when my partner is around
Old 30th September 2011, 09:04     #4465
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Theres only one bad thing about Blakes 7....I'm not allowed to watch it when my partner is around
Damn! I'm lucky, my partner is almost more of a sci-fi geek than I am (or maybe just in a different way). Me and Scummy subjected our young flatmate to the reruns of B7 a number of years ago - I'm still not sure if I should feel guilty about that or not :-)

Pixie
Old 30th September 2011, 16:06     #4466
Sirens Song

What, what th the fuck fuck? My fuck fuck fucking what what with the drop dropship medivac where in the what in the hell?
are you guys talking about
Old 30th September 2011, 16:55     #4467
leadinjector

last ep of TUF-

mi kinda glad that the skinny white kid won that, the taunt song bullshit was bad taste. that other dude needs to learn some fucking wrasslin, even my gf who knows shit all about MMA was screaming at him "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, DONT GIVE UP THE BACK IDIOT!"
Old 30th September 2011, 17:14     #4468
demannu

New season of Cops has been pretty damn interesting so far..

Lots of undercover ops.. latest ep involved an undercover cop doing a murder for hire deal to kill some hot chicks husband.

Another one setup to buy 1000 Ecstasy pills. She ends up getting gun pulled on her and robbed.. (obviously 30 cops cars swarm in and get the guy) some crazy stuff though!
Old 30th September 2011, 17:26     #4469
_Incubus_

Quote:
Damn! I'm lucky, my partner is almost more of a sci-fi geek than I am (or maybe just in a different way). Me and Scummy subjected our young flatmate to the reruns of B7 a number of years ago - I'm still not sure if I should feel guilty about that or not :-)

Pixie
If anyone can be subjected to Scummy they can survive anything!
Old 30th September 2011, 19:05     #4470
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirens Song
What, what th the fuck fuck? My fuck fuck fucking what what with the drop dropship medivac where in the what in the hell?
are you guys talking about
If you like real Sci-fi: Blake's 7. Download or buy the DVDs. Watch. Get blown the fuck away.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 30th September 2011, 19:08     #4471
wazza
*flex*

it's excellent to see The Office (US) holds up without Steve.. James Spader is brilliant!

cheers
Old 30th September 2011, 19:11     #4472
cryocore

Blakes 7/Avons 6 is brilliant. Easily the best final ep of any SciFi show ever (if not ANY show ever).
Old 30th September 2011, 22:59     #4473
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
it's excellent to see The Office (US) holds up without Steve.. James Spader is brilliant!
cheers
I wondered how Spader would be in that, coz he was awesome as Alan Shore in The Practice/Boston legal.
Old 2nd October 2011, 15:51     #4474
Caesar

Ohhh.
I see that season 4 of Merlin has started.
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:34     #4475
dylan
Huh?

A new season of Arrested Development as well as a movie is coming?!

Fuck yeah.

FUCK YEAH!
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:38     #4476
Lightspeed

Ye-yah! Also new Archer, new Star Wars The Clone Wars. Horah!
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:47     #4477
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
I wondered how Spader would be in that, coz he was awesome as Alan Shore in The Practice/Boston legal.
He's playing Alan Shore tbh. It's awesome.
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:56     #4478
Furry Crew

Playboy Club pilot looked alright....not to mention Amber Heard in a playboy bunny outfit is HOT! HOT! HOT!

Old 3rd October 2011, 18:06     #4479
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
He's playing Alan Shore tbh. It's awesome.
Yep. "Why is Alan Shore working at Dunder Mifflin?"

p.s. He's looking oldddd.

Also, Big Bang Theory is still going relatively well.. Blossom was a great addition to the regular cast.

How I Met Your Mother is starting their new season pretty well. It's losing steam, but as long as the funny sticks around, it should remain a good watch.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 3rd October 2011 at 18:07.
Old 3rd October 2011, 23:50     #4480
blur^

homeland
great new show

marine(maj winters!) goes MIA in iraq, 8 years later hes discovered. cia agent thinks hes been turned
and its showtime so tits(inara!!)

Last edited by blur^ : 3rd October 2011 at 23:53.