Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 17th November 2008, 18:44     #281
Hurtuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
I can't decide: Is that a euphemism or a metaphor for taking a shit?
lol, sounds more convincing than 'busy downloading'
Old 17th November 2008, 19:33     #282
lektronimo

Finished my last exam. Thank fuck it's over, now awaiting Euro trip!!
Old 18th November 2008, 14:02     #283
wasp

It oils my gears that I got a new job for alot of money that will allow me to gain permanent residence in Canada today
Old 18th November 2008, 14:18     #284
xor

Snipping my spinach for the first time since seed and filling up 2 massive bowls
Old 18th November 2008, 17:19     #285
Savage

Becoming an uncle oils my gears. If this is what its like when I'm just an uncle, I can't even fathom becoming a dad, my hat goes off to all of you who have little ones of your own. 9 pounds and 8 ounces at birth, I have his first rugby ball lined up and waiting

That, plus the engagement party for a very good friend later this week. Its been a good one indeed
Old 18th November 2008, 17:23     #286
Helious

Grats bro, I got your text.

See you on Sunday aswell ;)

edit: whoa, 3 d3w's in a row~ too pro
Old 18th November 2008, 17:36     #287
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Snipping my spinach for the first time since seed and filling up 2 massive bowls
For a second there I thought that was a euphemism for something .. else.
Old 18th November 2008, 17:46     #288
xor

I seem to be doing that a lot lately
Old 18th November 2008, 18:23     #289
Mickey

The Nia Glassie murderers being found guilty. Enjoy prison!
Old 18th November 2008, 18:35     #290
Hurtuso

Aye, am certain they'll get all the aroha they deserve. Fucking scum
Old 18th November 2008, 18:38     #291
Mickey

Makes me even more pleased to read that they were visibly upset when the verdict was read. Cry more fuckers so that people can ignore you like you ignored Nia.
Old 18th November 2008, 19:31     #292
Helious

My day/year just peaked hard.

Oils my gears hard when my favourite music artist releases a new song and mentions my name in brackets(there you go Helious!) for the link to purchase it at Vodafones Online Music Store

too cool, world famous in new zealand right now I am
Old 18th November 2008, 19:39     #293
Biff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
So what is the sentence? 3 months "prison", then 6 months home detention? Look.. they've lost their child, haven't they suffered enough already?
Old 18th November 2008, 20:26     #294
SickBo@Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
Ditto, it does restore some faith in the system after the Kahui verdicts.

In a perfect world the sentencing would reflect the pathetic worthless lives they live coupled with the horrific murder they committed and they would spend the rest of their lives imprisoned rather than being released after 12 or so years.
Old 18th November 2008, 20:51     #295
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickBo@Work
In a perfect world the sentencing would reflect the pathetic worthless lives they live coupled with the horrific murder they committed and they would spend the rest of their lives imprisoned rather than being released after 12 or so years.
Nah, they will get let out before then, they have 5 other kids to abuse!! GOSH.

ANYWAY, this is a happy thread not a sad thread!!

Done my calc test today, represented myself well, not worried if i passed or failed cause i know i did my best
Old 18th November 2008, 21:12     #296
[WanG] Wandarah

imagining helious and xor making out.
Old 18th November 2008, 23:31     #297
Helious

I'd make out with lead over xor
I don't like hair eh
Old 19th November 2008, 00:40     #298
[WanG] Wandarah

like, physically over him? like, you've got him all tied down and shit and you and lead are straddling him - and he's all jealous and trying to reach for your throat to strangle you - or at least close his eyes against the pain, but he cannot.

for you have his eyes pried open with toothpicks?
Old 19th November 2008, 09:34     #299
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
I'd make out with lead over xor
I don't like hair eh
hahaha
Old 19th November 2008, 10:04     #300
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Ditto, it does restore some faith in the system after the Kahui verdicts.

Someone doesn't know how the Parole Board works....

BTW, the system actually worked perfectly in the Kahui case. The prosecution and police went ahead with a lame case that couldn't pin down a time of death and Kahui got found not guilty. What didn't work is that people at the police and Meredith Connell (Auckland's Crown prosecutor) failed to engage their brains before prosecuting.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:07     #301
xor

That's some fucked up shit
Old 19th November 2008, 11:02     #302
combatspoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Someone doesn't know how the Parole Board works....

BTW, the system actually worked perfectly in the Kahui case. The prosecution and police went ahead with a lame case that couldn't pin down a time of death and Kahui got found not guilty. What didn't work is that people at the police and Meredith Connell (Auckland's Crown prosecutor) failed to engage their brains before prosecuting.
QFMFT
Old 19th November 2008, 11:24     #303
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
Done my calc test today, represented myself well, not worried if i passed or failed cause i know i did my best
I find this sentiment a little confusing - if you did your best and failed, why wouldn't that worry you? Wouldn't that mean that since your best falls below the required standard that you are a failure?

http://www.despair.com/fail24x30pri.html

BTW
Regardless of any ribbing given to you by me or others - I hope you pass your calc test.
Old 19th November 2008, 11:45     #304
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
I find this sentiment a little confusing - if you did your best and failed, why wouldn't that worry you? Wouldn't that mean that since your best falls below the required standard that you are a failure?
But isn't it better to know that if you failed it wasn't because you didn't try your hardest, but because you perhaps don't have an aptitude for the topic?

[I understand what you mean though]

Pixie
Old 19th November 2008, 11:48     #305
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
Cause i know that i didn't put the effort into it during the year. If i pass it pretty much tells me that if i cram in the last week before an exam, i will pass, so passing will actually teach me a bad lesson O_o.

But i now know that if i have to re-sit it and i get behind it and do the assignments on time and study my notes a few hours a week then i will pass easy. Its one of those 'Ahhhh i can do it, i just need to put more effort it'. I basically learnt how to do calculus in the last week before the exam :/. Thats the problem with working fulltime, you get home and the last thing you want to do is study.

Hope that clarifys, it doesn't really clear my mind up... but hey!.
Old 19th November 2008, 12:28     #306
SickBo@Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Ah I see, so it would have worked even better if they hadn't even bothered prosecuting anyone at all. Maybe you should give Simon Moore and co a few pointers for next time.

Btw http://www.nzgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80263, rather than polluting this thread.
Old 19th November 2008, 12:40     #307
Lightspeed

That's not what I read at all. I read that if they had bothered to do a good job before prosecuting they could have got a conviction.
Old 19th November 2008, 12:46     #308
Baal

When there's just enough traffic on the Motorway to keep it interesting, and it's a nice sunny morning the commute is pretty awesome
Old 19th November 2008, 14:09     #309
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff
Look.. they've lost their child, haven't they suffered enough already?
No; What they've lost is their punching-bag. Suffered enough? Not fucking near enough.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 19th November 2008, 14:20     #310
Hurtuso

meeting tech-savy teens doing business plans in their media courses. Crikey, how things have changed. Go hard you young geeks you!!!
Old 19th November 2008, 18:02     #311
BloodDonor

manager came in 10 mins early and said i could leave early

small miracles

Old 19th November 2008, 20:27     #312
Delphinus

Successfully porting 11 phone numbers including DDI's off Telecom and over to a VOIP setup, then setting everything up and having it all work, and a nice happy customer! And saving them about $500 a month.
Old 19th November 2008, 21:16     #313
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Ah I see, so it would have worked even better if they hadn't even bothered prosecuting anyone at all. Maybe you should give Simon Moore and co a few pointers for next time.

Btw http://www.nzgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80263, rather than polluting this thread.
Shouldn't you learn to post in the right thread first before dishing out lessons? BTW, if we apply your "logic" of just prosecuting people for the sake of giving average NZ a raging collective hardon, are you going to undertake to contribute at least 50% of your annual salary to help defray the losses to the taxpayers? I'm just trying to keep things simple and not have your slow mind bogged down by concepts like the Crown not abusing the court's processes and Crown prosecutors actually observing Crown Law's guidelines on prosecutions.
Old 20th November 2008, 02:35     #314
SickBo@Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Shouldn't you learn to post in the right thread first before dishing out lessons? BTW, if we apply your "logic" of just prosecuting people for the sake of giving average NZ a raging collective hardon, are you going to undertake to contribute at least 50% of your annual salary to help defray the losses to the taxpayers? I'm just trying to keep things simple and not have your slow mind bogged down by concepts like the Crown not abusing the court's processes and Crown prosecutors actually observing Crown Law's guidelines on prosecutions.
Its good to see after all these years you've matured a bit and stopped being such an angry little wee fella....

There is an appropriate thread for you to post about the Kahui case, I would actually be quite interested in seeing why you think he shouldn't have been prosecuted at all, who if anybody should have been and why exactly the crown abused the processes and it's own guidelines on prosecutions.
Old 20th November 2008, 12:42     #315
ZoSo

Sunny day, hot chick sunbathing, alcohol, Cricket on the box soon.
Although NZ is playing Aussies after an Indian thrashing. So they're gonna get reamed
Old 20th November 2008, 13:03     #316
Hurtuso

Hanover Finance seeming to be trying to do the right thing by their investors.
free coffee with my fried chicken! WOOHOO!
Old 20th November 2008, 13:04     #317
BloodDonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
Sunny day, hot chick sunbathing, alcohol, Cricket on the box soon.
Although NZ is playing Aussies after an Indian thrashing. So they're gonna get reamed
POIDH

Old 20th November 2008, 15:17     #318
Sp0nge

my gears are easily oiled
i get pleasure from even the most insignificant things:
like facing the sun in the morning
to tucking the kids in when i go to bed at nite.

but in the last couple of weeks i have noticed i get particular pleasure
from watching my kid's geekiness

like finding my recently turned 3 year old playing Purble Place on Vista.
...not that big a deal, except that the computer was off to start with!

the first time i saw him playing i thought one of my other kids had got him in the game....
but then a few days later I actually saw that he did the whole thing himself
...including double-clicking the icon...which is no easy task even for me now.
Old 20th November 2008, 15:54     #319
crocos

Uh... You have trouble double-clicking? Dude, you're either incredibly ancient or you need to get yourself to the doctor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
hot chick sunbathing
As BloodDonor said: POIDH, damnit!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية

Last edited by crocos : 20th November 2008 at 15:56.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:12     #320
Hurtuso

nah that does sound cool Sp0nge, nice.