NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 7th November 2009, 11:51     #4161
buckies

Sold out already too . Will be a good show but it's right before or after ACDC (depending which night you're going too). Wouldn't have minded a bit more breathing space between gigs.
Old 7th November 2009, 12:50     #4162
[Malks] Pixie

Just converted one of my old drums (i.e. an extra which I didn't use with my kit) into a hanging planter for our tomatoes :-)

Also right on time our beans have again taken off (6 plants) - only a matter of time before we have fresh beans with every meal (yum!). Planning on spending most of the afternoon in the (small) garden and packing in as much stuff as possible...

I always forget how much enjoyment I get out of our garden!

Pixie
Old 7th November 2009, 17:50     #4163
StN
I have detailed files

The new practice of chucking in a DVD version with Blu-Ray titles OMG - Don't have to do any dodgey format shifting for the kids to play stuff in their bedrooms - and don't have to buy extra PS3s.
Old 7th November 2009, 18:31     #4164
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckies
Sold out already too . Will be a good show but it's right before or after ACDC (depending which night you're going too). Wouldn't have minded a bit more breathing space between gigs.
THAT GMGs!!!!

fuck......!
Old 7th November 2009, 18:38     #4165
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

nothing on ticketmaster's website for the Wellington concert - does that mean it's sold out?

still showing the Auckland one.

re: too close to acdc.... as much as I like Angus and the boys - I've seen them many times, but I've never seen JPJ or Dave Grohl..... (seen Josh Homme when he was part of QotSA)

Last edited by Rince : 7th November 2009 at 18:41.
Old 7th November 2009, 23:58     #4166
p-b

Greg's Smoked Hickory sauce oils my gears.

It can make anything taste awesome.
Old 8th November 2009, 01:07     #4167
fidgit
Always itchy

Rince:

Wellington shows are usually sold by Ticketek, not Ticket Master. Hopefully you've already discovered this, but:

http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/...c-d920878ca3ef

However as buckies noted, they've sold out. (Though stupidly, the site says 'available' next to seated and standing, but tells you they've sold out after teasing you into picking your ticket type and shipping type. Stupid.) Perhaps they have some tickets in reserve that will be released later on (I recall Foo Fighters being 'sold out' for a couple of days when people were still getting tickets, mostly to 'obscured view' spots like the front row of the seats upstairs, where the barrier is in the way, kind of.)
Old 9th November 2009, 09:52     #4168
Madniz

Oils my gears that I got in early for Wellington Them Crooked Vultures tickets
Will be nicer to actually HAVE the tickets in my hands sometime soon! They apparently aren't being sent out till a couple weeks before the gig
Old 9th November 2009, 11:28     #4169
Juju
get to da choppa

Cleaning up at our regular pub quiz over the past few months which ended its season on friday. And all without winning a single round.

$200 bar tab - team name drawn out of hat at the end of the game, and then spin a wheel - $200 tab is the top prize.

$200 bar tab - ditto

Dozen coronas - ditto

Dozen pints - ditto

and finally on Friday we won $1100 cash - from a chest that had a 3 digit pin number. We first had to win a raffle out of 30 numbers. Then we had to pick a number from a board which originally had 30 odd numbers. This chest has been jackpotting since the beginning of the season back in March and no one had won it. We were the last of the last of the last and we won it.
Tin. Ass.

What made it even better was the team that always actually won the quiz rounds never got anything better than a $100 bar tab.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:44     #4170
crocos

Soo... Pick my lotto numbers for me?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 9th November 2009, 20:25     #4171
p-b

A-Ha's latest album has some cool songs on it.

Wonderfully catchy synth pop.

It's not really their best though, but then, I guess they haven't been at there best since what? The mid to late 80's?
Old 9th November 2009, 20:58     #4172
chiQ
Frag-muff

It oils my gears that BaM has been experimenting on me.

He's inventing ice cream recipes.
Old 9th November 2009, 21:07     #4173
p01s0n

[helious style quip]
Old 9th November 2009, 21:13     #4174
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Rince:

Wellington shows are usually sold by Ticketek, not Ticket Master. Hopefully you've already discovered this, but:

http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/...c-d920878ca3ef

However as buckies noted, they've sold out. (Though stupidly, the site says 'available' next to seated and standing, but tells you they've sold out after teasing you into picking your ticket type and shipping type. Stupid.) Perhaps they have some tickets in reserve that will be released later on (I recall Foo Fighters being 'sold out' for a couple of days when people were still getting tickets, mostly to 'obscured view' spots like the front row of the seats upstairs, where the barrier is in the way, kind of.)
interesting comments - cos I'm sure TCVs' website specifically says TM
but sold out is sold out no matter who the agent is...
I'll keep an eye on it if they release some tickets
Old 9th November 2009, 21:23     #4175
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-b
A-Ha's latest album has some cool songs on it.

Wonderfully catchy synth pop.

It's not really their best though, but then, I guess they haven't been at there best since what? The mid to late 80's?
reminds me a lot of keane
Old 9th November 2009, 21:32     #4176
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
[helious style quip]
Shot
Old 10th November 2009, 00:31     #4177
MadMax
Stuff

windows 7 installed on my aspireone netbook

installed by running the setup from a network share of the dvd - none of this bollocks about creating a bootable usb drive, and it only took 20 minutes.
post install everything was working as if the laptop came with windows7 off a store shelf, bar the synaptics mouse software which enables mouse scrolling with the side of the touch pad. all the Fn buttons such as for volume, switching display mode, screen brightness etc work. hibernation & sleep work. both wireless and wired networking work.
much much faster than xp. its like a memory upgrade. turning off the visual effects is faster again

Last edited by MadMax : 10th November 2009 at 00:35.
Old 10th November 2009, 00:40     #4178
MadMax
Stuff

even installing office2007 was just as painless - install trial version (pro, offered directly from the ms site) then enter my key from the retail box
Old 10th November 2009, 02:05     #4179
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
windows 7 installed on my aspireone netbook

much much faster than xp. its like a memory upgrade. turning off the visual effects is faster again
XP is an OS designed for a machine with what, 256Mb RAM? Try running Win 7 in 256 Mb and see how fast it is.
Old 10th November 2009, 20:44     #4180
Jonas Undrawing

Letter from Fire Dept confirming they have my application, and that the next round of testing is set to be earlier than i anticipated!
Old 10th November 2009, 20:47     #4181
Thomas Meatball

Have you been growing a moustache? I'm pretty sure that a manly 'tache is an undisclosed prerequisite for being a fireman. At the very least it would earn you extra credit, so make sure you show up to the interview with a manly 'tache and a proper haircut.
Old 10th November 2009, 20:54     #4182
Jonas Undrawing

good call tbh
Old 11th November 2009, 14:05     #4183
yaksman

Whilst I have to be sparse on details, a 6 month prep and 6 weeks back and forth with the legal beagles has seen an out of court settlement we were chasing, er, settled, for a guy pawning off our data as his own. Slightly oiled, back to the real world now.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:00     #4184
[Malks] Pixie

Just had one of my physics exam's - surprised to say it's the most fun I've had in a while - really enjoyable! Yeah it was a pretty introductory course but I'm still amazed at how much I remembered from 7th form - and how much general physics I had picked up in the years since.

Though my astronomy exam (and the course) sucked arse - but thats fine.

Pixie
Old 11th November 2009, 16:37     #4185
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Just had one of my physics exam's - surprised to say it's the most fun I've had in a while - really enjoyable!

Though my astronomy exam (and the course) sucked arse - but thats fine.
Good to hear you enjoyed it - no doubt that means you've done well. The astronomy exam did not go very well for me either (if that is any consolation). Fingers crossed for passing marks~
Old 11th November 2009, 16:38     #4186
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Blenhiem school girls OMG, but their principal GMGs:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/3045...run-fun-undone

ffs, just a bit of fun.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:45     #4187
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Marlborough Boys' College acting principal Dave Turnbull was unavailable for comment.
Yeah - that bit got me. I'm pretty sure it's the same Dave Turnball that was my guidance counsellor back in the day - the same one that reinforced my Math teachers comment on my report that I spent too much time playing Elite on the BBC model-Bs, and that wasting time on computers would never amount to anything.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:48     #4188
Thomas Meatball

That chick 2nd from left has a nice set of jugs.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:53     #4189
Reformed_Quint

If you enjoyed physics i would strongly recommend you do structural analysis.

Applied physics, nom nom nom.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:08     #4190
Thomas Meatball

Shut up nerd, we're talking about tits.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:11     #4191
Reformed_Quint

Old 11th November 2009, 17:30     #4192
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Good to hear you enjoyed it - no doubt that means you've done well. The astronomy exam did not go very well for me either (if that is any consolation). Fingers crossed for passing marks~
Cheers dude - yeah I'm pretty certain I've done well. Had a good bunch of guys (and gals) who I worked with through the year which always helps. I know I'm not going to pass the astronomy but I'm not fussed about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
If you enjoyed physics i would strongly recommend you do structural analysis.

Applied physics, nom nom nom.
I was looking at doing applied physics - looking a bit more at environmental physics as it seems to be where my strength lies a bit. Either way it's been a cool experience. Now I've just gotta find a job for summer :-/

Pixie
Old 13th November 2009, 00:51     #4193
fidgit
Always itchy

Rhys Darby live. I wasn't sure what to expect, but he was great.

And that he had Chris Brain open for him, who was (imo) the only funny comedian at this years Billy T's, which he won.

I damn near stood up and cheered during his bit about goth being like emo's except they listened to good music and didn't read fucking Twilight.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:05     #4194
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Soo... Pick my lotto numbers for me?
4 8 15 16 23 42
Old 13th November 2009, 11:53     #4195
Kryten

Dogs welcoming home returning soldiers - warning, there's one at the end of kids that I could barely manage the first 20 seconds of.
Old 13th November 2009, 11:54     #4196
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Now post some vids of cats "welcoming" home soldiers for comparison
Old 13th November 2009, 12:19     #4197
Pleb'a

There aren't any..
Old 13th November 2009, 14:30     #4198
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
Dogs welcoming home returning soldiers - warning, there's one at the end of kids that I could barely manage the first 20 seconds of.
Thats bloody awesome Kryten, good stuff
Old 13th November 2009, 14:37     #4199
Jonas Undrawing

shit man, them videos make me cry
Old 13th November 2009, 14:54     #4200
Hurtuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
kewl
damn chimps don't know how lucky they are