Shame the site is fucked
Old 1st November 2009, 17:51     #4124
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Congrats Tyler!

Shame you don't have a Mac client
Old 1st November 2009, 17:57     #4125
TnT

Thanks guys, and thanks for the heads up on the site Z, SQL Server must've been hungover too
Old 1st November 2009, 18:12     #4126
lektronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killar
Rewatching Season Six and Seven of The Simpsons, back when the writers actually gave a crap; brilliance!
I was gonna post similar sentiment today as well! Watched Australia episode of Simpsons after not watching it for many years... easily the funniest episode ever.
Old 1st November 2009, 18:28     #4127
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Thumbs up

GG TNT - good to see your debilitating case of gingivitis hasn't hindered you (too much)
Old 1st November 2009, 18:29     #4128
crocos

Mad props there Mr Crosbie - that's seriously cool.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 1st November 2009, 18:43     #4129
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

as a past satisfied client of the small business TnT runs, I have no problem in offering him and his wife a for their achievement.
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:56     #4130
[Malks] Pixie

So when I left my job at ERMA earlier this year they decided not too replace me as they felt they could do the role within the team - just got off the phone from speaking with a recruitment consultant and it looks like they've realised that they did actually need someone on the phones - this oils my gears (in a slightly evil "I told you so" type way).

Pixie
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:46     #4131
Juju
get to da choppa

We have won $400 worth of bar tabs and 3 dozen beers from our Friday pub quiz that me and a small group of mates go to in the past few months.

And all without winning a single round of questions.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:57     #4132
Foggerty

Buying an entire album for $15 from a band I like in non-DRM mp3s (they also provide FLACC files if you want totally lossless audio), and knowing that the money will go straight to them with no music company in the middle. I loves teh interwebs, I loves em I do
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:10     #4133
Torka

A fresh salmon fillet with skin, cooked lightly in a pan with olive oil and a little garlic.
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:15     #4134
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggerty
Buying an entire album for $15 from a band I like in non-DRM mp3s (they also provide FLACC files if you want totally lossless audio), and knowing that the money will go straight to them with no music company in the middle. I loves teh interwebs, I loves em I do
Timely: Illegal downloaders spend most on music: study
lol,eat it, record companies!

Quote:
This year Virgin Media and Universal Music plan to launch the first music subscription service allowing customers to download and keep unlimited tracks from Universal's catalogue for a fee of around 15 pounds.
Sounds okay... what's the catch?
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:49     #4135
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torka
A fresh salmon fillet with skin, cooked lightly in a pan with olive oil and a little garlic.
we get that once a month , sans garlic.

<3 salmon.

do you ever grill it? seems to come out much nicer with some edges a bit crispy for extra taste
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:15     #4136
Torka

Nah, never tried.
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:14     #4137
Reformed_Quint

Time for a story:

Time was 8:00am and i was readying myself for another day at work, made it to the carpark without any massive dramas except for being tempted by the lord himself to ram an easy target (learner driver) but fortunately (unfortunately?) i resisted.

So here i was in the carpark, singing the black eyed peas song - meet me halfway or some such and cursing the radio for implanting 'I'll meet you half way, night or day waaaaayyahey' (or some shit like that), luckily i have seen the video clip so had fergies breasts to comfort my addled mind. Doing my usual scan of the scenery traveling to work in the morning i decided today was a dry day except for a milf which i took quite a shine too, so standing behind her at the lights with a dozen or so other individuals i smiled, well pleased i was. Next thing i know there is a loud bark of 'ITS STOPPED NOW!' I very nearly soil myself in surprise and look around hastily like my fellows for the source of such commotion! Looking slightly below waist height it appears that this shout came from a small asian boy (possibly akane) with tears welling up in his little eyes. I did what any male would do in the situation.

I lolled. I chortled. I had a tummy shaking gwaffle!

What a start to the day.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:03     #4138
Jonas Undrawing

wat.

...anyway, all uni work done for the year. Pretty pleased with my performance throughout considering I have all-the-while been working full-time. Still not graduation time yet (55 or so points / 4-5 papers to go). Won't be returning next year, as work + uni has taken me to a constant, unpleasant, stressful situation.

Highly unrecommended unless you're studying nights, working days or vice versa. I was working days, and studying days and it kicked my ass. Gonna clean my room, recycle some redundant uni notes (of which there are many), and get some proper sleep.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:20     #4139
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Undrawing
Highly unrecommended unless you're studying nights, working days or vice versa. I was working days, and studying days and it kicked my ass.
I'm doing the same, Working fulltime and completing 3 papers a semester. Stress is awesome!

BTW, my story rocks.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:25     #4140
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
BTW, my story rocks.
Ok - try telling it again then. But don't cut and paste it.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:33     #4141
Reformed_Quint

Drove to work, parked up, waited at the light and some azn kid spazzed, i laughed my ass off and got looked at strangely.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:33     #4142
Reformed_Quint

echo!
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:34     #4143
Jodi

Quote:
I'm doing the same, Working fulltime and completing 3 papers a semester.
I only do one paper a semester, I feel like a wuss.
Old 5th November 2009, 15:36     #4144
QWERTY?

OMG - $1000 student loan refund, 2 years after i paid it off

seems a little crazy that it took them so long to pick up the fact they hadnt given me a refund (atleast 4 years ago), but atleast they are on the ball about it.
Old 5th November 2009, 15:55     #4145
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWERTY?
OMG - $1000 student loan refund, 2 years after i paid it off

seems a little crazy that it took them so long to pick up the fact they hadnt given me a refund (atleast 4 years ago), but atleast they are on the ball about it.
Make sure that you get interest on what they give you back... and if they don't kick up a stink about it.

Pixie
Old 5th November 2009, 15:59     #4146
QWERTY?

yeh they've already paid it to me, just have to wait for the letter to snailmail across the world first (proxy via mother)
Old 5th November 2009, 16:11     #4147
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWERTY?
yeh they've already paid it to me, just have to wait for the letter to snailmail across the world first (proxy via mother)
Nice description (proxy via mother)... so they have included interest for that 2 years?

The only reason I mention is that a friend of mine was refunded about $6K from IRD 3 years after they were due to pay it back and he got a pretty hefty interest package ontop of it...

Unexpected money is always nice (could do with some myself).

Pixie
Old 5th November 2009, 16:40     #4148
Trigger
Laserman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Meatball
Sounds okay... what's the catch?
you are only licensed for the songs as long as you keep your subscription
so... lifetime of 15pounds per month
Old 5th November 2009, 16:44     #4149
Thomas Meatball

Oshit, it's 15 a month? Fuck that shit.

Ah well, someone will figure out how to crack whatever DRM shit they've got so that you can keep your shit.
Old 5th November 2009, 20:16     #4150
xor

Just cooked up the best spag bol ever! Well it is the kiwi version. Loads of chilli, pepper and mushrooms with more chilli

best
Old 5th November 2009, 20:50     #4151
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Time for a story:
no more stories please. straight to bed.
Old 6th November 2009, 13:22     #4152
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
no more stories please. straight to bed.
Kinky.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 6th November 2009, 14:07     #4153
Reformed_Quint

Worked two 8 hour shifts back to back yesterday, now i have today off, 3 day weekend, WOOOOOOooo
Old 6th November 2009, 18:06     #4154
[Malks] Pixie

First time in 5 years that I haven't had to deal with hundreds of complaints and calls about guy fawkes... thank christ for that.

Pixie
Old 7th November 2009, 00:33     #4155
Jonas Undrawing

BMX ride with flatmate to the top of mt eden to watch auckland having raincheck Guy Fawkes. Bottle of wine, chocolate, cigarettes, chips, and candle. Very cool. Positively romantic, and just the kind of chill the fuck out i needed.
Old 7th November 2009, 00:54     #4156
p-b

Is she hot?
Old 7th November 2009, 01:40     #4157
Jonas Undrawing

yeah she's got it going on.
Old 7th November 2009, 08:54     #4158
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

WOMG - Black Caps v the Pakies

gg lads....
Old 7th November 2009, 11:35     #4159
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Another OMG this morning: Them Crooked Vultures (no studio album yet but live in Paris available in all the usual spots)
Old 7th November 2009, 11:40     #4160
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

holy shit: themcrookedvultures.com/tour "01-29 Wellington - TSB Bank Arena"

eeep!