Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 10th October 2016, 13:22     #441
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Yeah right.

So the second debate is coming up later today. Trump has only response to threats, and that's attack. He doesn't do apology, he doesn't do persuasion, he doesn't even do change-the-subject. He attacks. I presume he's going to come out swinging at the only target in sight, which is the past sexual history of the husband of his debate opponent, which is fucking crazy but Trump gonna Trump.

So, popcorn.
Old 10th October 2016, 14:31     #442
Lightspeed

The real reason Gary Johnson isn't part of the debates is the shocking contrast he would present to the other candidates. When it's just Hillary and Trump, the raving and lunacy seems almost normal.
Old 10th October 2016, 15:24     #443
pxpx

#trumpsniff
Old 10th October 2016, 15:26     #444
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
The real reason Gary Johnson isn't part of the debates is the shocking contrast he would present to the other candidates. When it's just Hillary and Trump, the raving and lunacy seems almost normal.
You think Hillary came across as a raving lunatic in debate #1?
Old 10th October 2016, 16:41     #445
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I loved the part where a judge has just died, so there's an opening for good judges
Old 10th October 2016, 22:38     #446
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
You think Hillary came across as a raving lunatic in debate #1?
She brought the raving, Trump bought the lunacy.
Old 11th October 2016, 13:01     #447
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I think Hillary's comportment in both debates has been gritted-teeth forced-smiled dignity.
Old 11th October 2016, 13:51     #448
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

An insight into the minds of Americans who support Trump

Old 11th October 2016, 14:26     #449
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Where's that taken from Ab?
Old 11th October 2016, 14:29     #450
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Transcript of right-wing "commentator" Alex Jones's radio show. Live video:

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/785558293498433536
Old 11th October 2016, 14:46     #451
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

America, fuck yeah!

It always boggles my mind how stupid people can be. I struggle to reconcile the difference between them and myself/friends/colleagues.
Old 11th October 2016, 14:50     #452
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Transcript of right-wing "commentator" Alex Jones's radio show. Live video:

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/785558293498433536
Is he wrong, though? I mean - high level folk said it's true. So...
Old 11th October 2016, 14:51     #453
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

America is like the town of Derry from Stephen King's "It". The crazy shit is always there, just under the surface, and from time to time at semiregular intervals the crazy comes out into the open and no-one bats an eye.
Old 11th October 2016, 16:17     #454
blynk

That's an interesting view. Because the novel was set in the mid 80's, and IT returns every 3 decades, and has a clown form.
Old 11th October 2016, 17:28     #455
The Edge

Watching the debate, it felt like Trump was trying to bait Hillary, but she wasn't falling for it.

A fact-checking analysis:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...d-trump-229527
Old 11th October 2016, 18:52     #456
Heyzoos
Robosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
America is like the town of Derry from Stephen King's "It". The crazy shit is always there, just under the surface, and from time to time at semiregular intervals the crazy comes out into the open and no-one bats an eye.
Life is really imitating art right now

Yes I do classify Stephen King as an artist otherwise I couldn't justify the two years I spent devouring his entire collection of literary works from the age of thirteen.
Old 12th October 2016, 07:30     #457
Deadmeat

"It is so nice that the shackles have been taken off me and I can now fight for America the way I want to."
-Trump

Thank God for twitter.
28 days left of this!

Old 12th October 2016, 13:48     #458
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Chris "Colonel" Trotter is usually the wrongest poster in all of the wrongosphere, but you know, even a broken clock blah blah blah.

http://bowalleyroad.blogspot.com/201...e-tactics.html

Thesis summary: Hillary threw the second debate, or at least worked the point spread by deliberately not hammering Trump on his weak points and deliberately not defending her own too strongly, for the same reason that National wanted David Cunliffe to lead Labour into the last election. Better to ensure that your opposition is led by someone fucking useless than to have him replaced with someone less repulsive/more competent.

Donald Trump is the greatest thing to happen to the Democratic Party since the Civil Rights Act. Look at the GOP "luminaries" who have been emasculated if not destroyed by Trump's ascension: Jeb!, Lyin' Ted, Little Marco, Chris Christie, Paul Ryan, fuck me that's two generations of Republican leadership GONE.
Old 12th October 2016, 14:06     #459
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
"It is so nice that the shackles have been taken off me and I can now fight for America the way I want to."
-Trump

Thank God for twitter.
28 days left of this!

Quote:
With one tweet, the Republican nominee for president essentially kicked off a month of what promises to be pure scorched Earth politics. If he can't win, then causing as much misery and destruction as possible on his way to the losers' podium is the next best thing. I still expect this to culminate with an insistence shortly before Election Day – timing the announcement to cause maximum damage to the GOP he now hates as much as the Democrats – that his supporters shouldn't bother voting, that he never really wanted to be president anyway, and that he's come to the conclusion that America does not deserve his genius. He's been laying the groundwork for his post-defeat narrative since the summer, creating a "Stab in the Back" legend before the ballots even had his name printed on them.

http://www.ginandtacos.com/2016/10/11/salt-the-earth/
Old 12th October 2016, 18:00     #460
ZoSo

Gets better (supposedly).
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/stat...32963649609729

The idiots in GOP thought Ryan had a chance.
Old 12th October 2016, 19:59     #461
The Edge

If Trump doesn't win, it will probably take him all of about 4 seconds to start with the "voting system is rigged" line.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...d-trump-229630
Old 12th October 2016, 20:14     #462
Lightspeed

It's worrying to think what the Trumps will do with the following they've built up, regardless of the election outcome.
Old 12th October 2016, 21:53     #463
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

On one hand I worry about what groups of angry people do when they get told they shoulda woulda coulda been winners if they hadn't been Stabbed In The Back. On the other hand, I suspect that what Trump will do is simply set up a newer crazier alt-rightier Fox News Mk II and be Alpha Male for money there. He'll have a rabid following, get lots of attention, and be a celebrity making lots of money. I think that's far more attractive to him than overthrowing the state or anything that involves actual planning.
Old 13th October 2016, 04:30     #464
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

earned that double facepalm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NPPE6a7mSI
Old 13th October 2016, 10:34     #465
blynk

I think that was believed to be the case from early on. It wasn't about the presidency - that would just be a bonus. Its all about the publicity and I have no doubt that he will be creating some form of news outlet from it.

And he will definitely say it's because of everyone else
Rigged by the democrats
Lack of support by republicans
Bias media
No doubt Blacks, Latinos, Gays, Christians, Muslims, Women will all be to blame on the day as well.
Old 13th October 2016, 10:40     #466
blynk

Im finding it hard to decide who I find worse.
Trump supporters
Tea Party supporters

Although there is likely to be a big crossover
Old 13th October 2016, 14:56     #467
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

made in USA bitch

https://youtu.be/qIiszI-v1t0?t=253
Old 13th October 2016, 17:57     #468
Deadmeat

Quote:
Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway confirmed to the Guardian on Wednesday night that the Republican nominee is planning to sue the New York Times.
The shackles haven't even been off for two days. This is going to be amazing.
Old 13th October 2016, 20:29     #469
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Short story treatment: Trump wins, is assassinated by one of his Secret Service detail, who claims in secret trial to be a time traveller
Old 14th October 2016, 16:24     #470
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...into-the-abyss

Trump pivots to a new campaign message: that the USA is threatened by a shadowy cabal of international bankers. Rings a bell. Heard it before somewhere.
Old 14th October 2016, 17:19     #471
ZoSo

Craziest election ever. Two horrible candidates.
Feel sorry for Michelle Obama having to stump for Hillary. But understandable they don't want to hand over the reigns to him.
Old 14th October 2016, 17:42     #472
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

That's like saying "hmm, a slightly overdone steak, or a platter of dogshit mixed with broken glass. Two horrible choices..."
Old 14th October 2016, 18:11     #473
ZoSo

Slightly? Damn.
Was thinking more like an overdone steak that's fallen off the table, collected lint and has been chewed on by a slobbering dog but once wiped down and cut, cleans up like an overdone steak.
Old 14th October 2016, 18:50     #474
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Would still take it over dogshit and broken glass.
Old 14th October 2016, 19:09     #475
ZoSo

Sure but I honestly don't think they're that far apart for your kind of description. Guy is a joke, she's dodgy as fuck. They both suck.
Old 14th October 2016, 22:09     #476
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Would still take it over dogshit and broken glass.
I'd rather starve.
Old 14th October 2016, 22:29     #477
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

THEN THE DOGSHIT-GLASS-EATERS WIN
Old 14th October 2016, 22:46     #478
Lightspeed

Hahaha. Let 'em. I've got a fair idea of the prize in that case: more dogshit-glass. Eat it in you damn fools. See who dies first.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 14th October 2016 at 22:48.
Old 15th October 2016, 00:11     #479
The Edge

Hillary has her problems, for sure, but Jesus...Trump...I'm stunned he even got this far. Still, his campaign is in a downward spiral, and hey, at least when he loses the election at least he can move on to do yet another reality TV show, right?
Old 15th October 2016, 01:35     #480
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I'm not sure if Trump originally wanted to be President, he just wanted to crush people's egos, and I think he just kinda got swept up in it. The Tea Party nutters needed a conduit for their RAAAAAAAAGE and he was there.