NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 7th March 2011, 14:33     #7681
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

It's like poison being asked to work at Apple for a week and then bumping into Steve Jobs at the airport and Jobs inviting him to crash at his house I'm clearly the master of analogies.

Comm is community, LJ is live journal, Ellery Hollingsworth = snowboarding royalty. Excitement turns me into a 15 year old Japanese schoolgirl I swear.
Old 7th March 2011, 15:41     #7682
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
Excitement turns me into a 15 year old Japanese schoolgirl I swear.
What are you wearing?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/asi...n-fetish,2649/
Old 7th March 2011, 16:08     #7683
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
It's like poison being asked to work at Apple for a week and then bumping into Steve Jobs at the airport and Jobs inviting him to crash at his house I'm clearly the master of analogies.

Comm is community, LJ is live journal, Ellery Hollingsworth = snowboarding royalty. Excitement turns me into a 15 year old Japanese schoolgirl I swear.

I saw Shaun White run past me at Cardrona last year while I walked back to the car after a day of epic skiing, and watched as he jumped head first into a little daihatsu chirade or something, then yelled at his mates further back telling them to hurry up.

livin the dream.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:43     #7684
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
I saw Shaun White...livin the dream.

Just being in the presence of his hair is blessed you know.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:45     #7685
CCS
Stunt Pants

I was in an elevator with the Queen once and she farted and the bodyguard glared at me.
Old 7th March 2011, 17:09     #7686
p01s0n

Quote:
I would lay awake on a money-filled mattress under a blanket of 100 dollar bills stitched together, too terrified to fall asleep for fear of waking up on a bed of ice with my liver missing.
Old 7th March 2011, 17:35     #7687
CCS
Stunt Pants

'Sif Stevie would leave you like that. You'd be given a nice new white symmetrically designed iLiver. Revolutionary. You don't need to worry about your body rejecting it - it just works.

For those of you wondering why Stevie doesn't just have an iLiver put in his own body... what makes you think he doesn't eat the livers he harvests? Magic.
Old 8th March 2011, 21:50     #7688
BathTub

Depeche Mode finally coming to Rock Band tomorrow.
Kevin: Oh yeah, when we do, I would hope that we're smart enough to attempt a doctrine of appeasement with them, you know we offer them, I don't know, New Zealand in exchange for them not burning down my house,.. Ah, I mean our houses.
Mike: Good Kevin, that's real brave.
Mike Nelson & Kevin Murphy - Reign of Fire Rifftrax
Old 9th March 2011, 13:17     #7689
Nich

just converted the CEE 7/7 plug on a fan to a AS/NZS 3112 plug.

Damn, found a beautiful silver 3-speed fan on the side of the road in Epsom. runs 220V, so just whacked the proper connector on the end.

also what omg, blood! lots of blood!
Old 9th March 2011, 13:21     #7690
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
So not pregnant then?
Old 9th March 2011, 19:29     #7691
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
So not pregnant then?
Tell her to stop playing mind games from now on! Encourage her to get the contraceptive implant - only costs $3 plus the standard consultation fee from Family Planning, and lasts 5 years. With an implant it's not like she can trick you into a baby.
Old 9th March 2011, 19:38     #7692
CCS
Stunt Pants

Choke that bitch. WINNING!
Old 9th March 2011, 20:15     #7693
aR Que

Quote:
Tell her to stop playing mind games from now on! Encourage her to get the contraceptive implant - only costs $3 plus the standard consultation fee from Family Planning, and lasts 5 years. With an implant it's not like she can trick you into a baby.
This
Old 9th March 2011, 22:58     #7694
Thursday

Just had a last ditch attempt to fix borked laptop by following strange instructions on internet. Cooked graphics card in the oven for 10 mins at 200 degrees.

Shit worked.
Old 10th March 2011, 06:17     #7695
Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday
Just had a last ditch attempt to fix borked laptop by following strange instructions on internet. Cooked graphics card in the oven for 10 mins at 200 degrees.

Shit worked.
LOL dry solder.
Old 10th March 2011, 16:35     #7696
TnT

You know how you hear of those deals, those ones you think, 'man why does that never happen to me, why is it everything I want to buy, I have to pay a premium, but when I want to sell, it's at bargain basement prices?'

I'm usually on the wrong end of that transaction, but not yesterday. One THD Univalve amp head for less than one third, (closer to one quarter), of retail price, in pristine condition with a handful of valves, for complete tonal goodness.

My gears, and ears, are thoroughly oiled. And will be for quite some time.
Old 10th March 2011, 17:19     #7697
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
You know how you hear of those deals, those ones you think, 'man why does that never happen to me, why is it everything I want to buy, I have to pay a premium, but when I want to sell, it's at bargain basement prices?'

I'm usually on the wrong end of that transaction, but not yesterday. One THD Univalve amp head for less than one third, (closer to one quarter), of retail price, in pristine condition with a handful of valves, for complete tonal goodness.

My gears, and ears, are thoroughly oiled. And will be for quite some time.
I watch the financial pages on the companies that sell stuff I want. When those companies are having a hard time I go and buy.

Stats on consumer spending / saving are useful too. If no one else is buying it is a good time to buy.

Oddly there seems to be zero correlation with the marketing.

Related note most aussie consumer electronics places (jb hifi etc but especially small ones) had a bad nov and dec and their january was in the hole. feb sucked arse and they seem to be praying for an okay march.

Where is my list of stereo components I want at some time over the next few years?
Old 10th March 2011, 21:26     #7698
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Tiger blood!

OMG today - I chose wisely and she is happy with the JB HiFi Blu-Ray selections. Which means I can go back next week and get me some.

When will they bloody put a shop in Christchurch? Based on recent events, no time soon...

Last edited by StN : 10th March 2011 at 21:28.
Old 10th March 2011, 21:43     #7699
chiQ
Frag-muff

How long are you in Welly, Stoolie? I've love to catch up.
Old 10th March 2011, 22:13     #7700
StN
I have detailed files

I'll be back up for the Sharepoint conference next week - not sure of my movements yet.

Also, Ab's attire last Friday did not go un-noticed. Thank You.

Last edited by StN : 10th March 2011 at 22:15.
Old 10th March 2011, 23:28     #7701
MadMax
Stuff

our 9 month old boy isn't walking yet, but seeing him letting go of the couch, free-standing to clap his hands O's my G's.
Old 10th March 2011, 23:31     #7702
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I'll be back up for the Sharepoint conference next week - not sure of my movements yet.
In the 04? ORLY? I see beer in your future, and mine. Perhaps with curry.
Old 11th March 2011, 07:35     #7703
StN
I have detailed files

There was supposed to be beer in your future yesterday, but Crocos wasn't positive of the location to courier it to!
Old 11th March 2011, 07:37     #7704
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
There was supposed to be beer in your future yesterday, but Crocos wasn't positive of the location to courier it to!
As it happens, my location has changed since previous beer adornments, though it isn't absolutely top secret
Old 11th March 2011, 13:37     #7705
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Also, Ab's attire last Friday did not go un-noticed. Thank You.
*fist bump*
Old 11th March 2011, 14:31     #7706
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Read: Had no bloody idea.

Was cool to catch up with ya Stoolie. Did you make it to Thursday Lunch Curry?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 11th March 2011, 14:39     #7707
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Did you make it to Thursday Lunch Curry?
Yes, with a unicorn, the Easter bunny and Santa.
Old 11th March 2011, 14:44     #7708
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
As it happens, my location has changed since previous beer adornments, though it isn't absolutely top secret
Is it on a floor that in some other countries wouldn't exist at all?
Old 11th March 2011, 14:44     #7709
crocos

I blame Phants for saying he'd be there.

Old 11th March 2011, 14:46     #7710
StN
I have detailed files

Meh - there were 5 people in the place, spread over two tables. And some were old, not NZG old, really old.
Old 11th March 2011, 15:21     #7711
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Is it on a floor that in some other countries wouldn't exist at all?
Indeeeeeeed. <slow nod>

So yeah, what about more clever arrangement of beering? I looked up Stoolie on Facebook but drew a blank.
Old 11th March 2011, 15:47     #7712
crocos

Quote:
So yeah, what about more clever arrangement of beering?
One option: Email me & I'll send you his cell.

Old 11th March 2011, 15:47     #7713
aR Que

Was rockin' some black ops, killing shit, was mean. A bit drunk, just a bit, honest, and while doing something, probably back flips, I manage to knock the xbox over, makes this super sweet noise:
FFFFFFFRRVRVVVVVVVVVRVVVVRVVVVVVVV $$$$ RVVVRVRVVVRVRVVVR.
needless to say it wouldn't read the disc
Go into civic video to get it scratch repaired
Still wont read.

Hunt through bank statements to November last year and find the purchase transaction. Bounce down to the warehouse in a multi-colour primered car, and prepare for my final play:
'My game stopped working, it makes a data source error or osmethne' *shrug*

and then they hand me a brand new copy!

Last edited by aR Que : 11th March 2011 at 15:48.
Old 15th March 2011, 21:32     #7714
MadMax
Stuff

seameal custard
Old 16th March 2011, 15:30     #7715
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Beer.

Had to move heaven and earth to actually get to the site to get it, but... beer.

I can only imagine this is a gift from the South!
Old 16th March 2011, 15:44     #7716
StN
I have detailed files

oneeightfiveonesevenseveneight
Old 17th March 2011, 16:25     #7717
xor

Spent 4 days camping in Port Jackson this week. The place is out of this world.

http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-rec.../port-jackson/

recommend ++
Old 17th March 2011, 20:59     #7718
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Beer.
x3!

The son reminded the old girl that Guinness was required upon my arrival home this evening.

The stock filler recognised her at the supermarket, and pointed out that they managed to secure some Dunkel (Of which she bought all available stock!).

The old boy from a few houses down was very appreciative of us boiling up some water for him and his wife a couple of weeks back (and popping in to make sure they were Ok) and dropped of a dozen of something I don't recognise, but I'm sure it will work.

Trifecta of surprise beer! Which completely overshadowed the X-Box I won 2 hours earlier.

Last edited by StN : 17th March 2011 at 21:00.
Old 17th March 2011, 21:21     #7719
madmaxii

On a roll - well deserved
Old 18th March 2011, 10:49     #7720
creamcheese

Just got a txt from a mate who bought me a ticket to the Foo Fighters at Auckland Town Hall on Tuesday

Gears well oiled