NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 20th June 2008, 09:01     #841
blynk

Is this an unfortunate irony (in an Alanis Morrisette definition)
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10517344

This is why I don't cycle.
Old 20th June 2008, 09:40     #842
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

So, I'd like to think this stuff 'only happens in america' but as we all know - there's plenty of stupid to go around..

Super-duper evidence of child abuse...

The Pentagon has prayer breakfasts???
Old 20th June 2008, 09:58     #843
StN
I have detailed files

Laugh Fattie fattie bom bom

Oz > US.
Old 20th June 2008, 10:50     #844
caffiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Is this an unfortunate irony (in an Alanis Morrisette definition)
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10517344

This is why I don't cycle.
Yes... it is sadly ironic. Sounds like he was a decent guy.

Also ironic is someone forwarding around the office that email where the woman on Millionaire supposedly answered 'Elephant' when deciding which was bigger: an elephant or the moon. Cue gales of laughter from some colleagues who couldn't believe how stupid she was...

Old 20th June 2008, 13:13     #845
Lightspeed

Shocking! Parents influence how much kids drink!
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4590854a19716.html
Old 20th June 2008, 14:23     #846
Gentl e

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp
Well i was meaning a family with two cars being a small car and a suv type thing to fit the kids in.

My parents have a diesel (now) and an rx8. The rx8 burns through petrol like theres no tomorrow. I dont even want to think about how much 98 costs at the moment.
You need an SUV to fit your kids in - how much do you feed them?
Old 20th June 2008, 15:35     #847
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

3800 piece Lego Death Star
http://gizmodo.com/5018137/3800+piec...wars-lego-ever
Old 20th June 2008, 17:36     #848
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

dads gay fiat (trademe)
Old 20th June 2008, 18:29     #849
Juju
get to da choppa

So some meteorologists were initiailly predicting a little snow next week.... on the Coromandal ranges!

Better get the ugs out.
Old 20th June 2008, 19:02     #850
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I blame the Coopers Alehouse schnitzels. Those things are just fucking obscene.
Old 20th June 2008, 21:32     #851
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
So some meteorologists were initiailly predicting a little snow next week.... on the Coromandal ranges!

Better get the ugs out.
yea, been watching this event coming for the past few days. its basicly a polar front interacting with a northerly rerouting polar jetstream, bringing with it VERY cold air at a fast rate, and at the same time as a deep low is forecast to cross the country. she be stormin thar! maybe. itll be cold tho!
Old 20th June 2008, 23:18     #852
Torka

Quote:
Standing inside a store while a man in front of me tries to count out change again and again. The man's frustration mounts, and he breaks down, stammering "I...I...I used to teach!".

The man in question used to be a respected professor at a local university, but a drunk driver hit him while he was out for a walk and left him with permanent brain damage. But not enough so that he was unaware of the disparity between what he used to be able to accomplish and what he's now capable of.
Old 20th June 2008, 23:29     #853
Nightcrawler

Paper Reclaim (Auckland)

How the hell do you get them to take your papers for recycling? This consists of newspapers and ocassionaly some cardboard (from packages off 1Day, for drink etc)

We've tried just leaving the papers sitting there, in a plastic bag, inside a recycle bin, inside a plastic bag inside a recycle bin, and none will get collected - and the truck DOES goes past us
Old 21st June 2008, 00:00     #854
crocos

Allbright recycling in Wellington doesn't do paper products from the kerbside bins either.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 21st June 2008, 16:48     #855
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
Paper Reclaim (Auckland)

How the hell do you get them to take your papers for recycling? This consists of newspapers and ocassionaly some cardboard (from packages off 1Day, for drink etc)

We've tried just leaving the papers sitting there, in a plastic bag, inside a recycle bin, inside a plastic bag inside a recycle bin, and none will get collected - and the truck DOES goes past us
Leave it out the same day as your rubbish collection. Im in Waitakere and our cycle is every second week. There are two companies that pick up papers and people were getting pissed off as one gives money to charity. If you want paperchase to collect it you put it on your property by your mail box, if you want the general council one to get it then put it next to your rubbish. Ours is in a cardboard box with tape over the top to stop them flying away, our neighbour puts theirs in a plastic shopping bag and both get collected.
Old 21st June 2008, 20:00     #856
chiQ
Frag-muff

Sulu/Herodad to wed

w00! Go George!

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/deta...2-d55d81f3cc9f

This doesn't strike me as something Gov. Arnie would be into, but eh, Ca's gone gay
Old 21st June 2008, 21:35     #857
dead goon

Sunn O))) the blackest of the black. hail.
Old 21st June 2008, 22:28     #858
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Electroluxxe tonight @ Sandwiches

Dirty Needlez injecting filth in your eardrum~
Old 22nd June 2008, 00:11     #859
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Electroluxxe tonight @ Sandwiches

Dirty Needlez injecting filth in your eardrum~
That's a good thing?
Old 22nd June 2008, 00:42     #860
StN
I have detailed files

Why yes, Joel Goodson, there is no substitute.
Old 22nd June 2008, 14:39     #861
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
That's a good thing?
Turns out not so. Fuckin North Shore Pony Club had the main set, playing 80s mashups until 3am.

I hate North Shore, and I hate 80s. Cunts.
Old 22nd June 2008, 14:51     #862
MadMax
Stuff

I can't help but think of Dune when I read of attacks on oil rigs

I wonder if oil worms will erupt through the crust of the Earth as we suck out the last drops of oil

Last edited by MadMax : 22nd June 2008 at 14:53.
Old 22nd June 2008, 15:41     #863
CCS
Stunt Pants

HELLO KIDDIES!!!!!
Old 22nd June 2008, 17:35     #864
zeekiorage

Stuff says: The grass isn't greener across the Ditch
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:23     #865
?>Superman

man i need a hobby
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:30     #866
Epox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
man i need a hobby
http://www.flamesofwar.com/
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:34     #867
Sp0nge

superman, i thought your hobby was masturbation?!
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:42     #868
?>Superman

LOAL SPONGE aAHAHaHAHHAha

Anyways, looks like i'll be learning C# as a time-filler and tbh SpaceCowboy's posts have been my inspiration to do something productive :D

Fuck i hate getting the exam blues :)
Old 22nd June 2008, 22:19     #869
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekiorage
You mean "in Melbourne"
Old 22nd June 2008, 22:37     #870
Beccara

Alcohol should really come with a warning that you may wake up with an alcoholic/bi-polar ex-cult-member hollywood set designer next to you
Old 22nd June 2008, 23:55     #871
Torka

My life is extraordinarily good by the standards of the vast majority of humans that have ever lived. I reside in comfortable and spacious surroundings. Pretty much all physical exertion I perform is by choice. I can obtain almost any kind of food I desire at any time and in practically unlimited quantity. I have access to myriad forms of entertainment, both mental and physical, for when these things aren't enough.

Why am I not fucking satisfied?
Old 23rd June 2008, 00:09     #872
Fx.

boredom is a bitch
Old 23rd June 2008, 00:16     #873
CCS
Stunt Pants

God hates you.
Old 23rd June 2008, 00:54     #874
ala*

i just realised im a hell of a lurker. i read most of the posts here but almost never respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torka
maybe you need to go and save some dying africans or something to appreciate the awesomeness of life.
Old 23rd June 2008, 01:01     #875
crocos

Torka: Find something (probably best if it's unrelated to your job - or to computers, as you and I both spend FAAARRR too much time in front of these things) that gives you a sense of accomplishment. For me taking up photography - even though I'm kinda average - I'm finding it really enjoyable, so when I get that bored, I wander off and shoot either a few rolls of film or take a good slice at filling my memory card.

The thing is you need to figure out what to do yourself without any pressure from others - could be feeding starving Africans, but could be going on bush-walks, or pretty much damn near anything.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية

Last edited by crocos : 23rd June 2008 at 01:04.
Old 23rd June 2008, 01:14     #876
CCS
Stunt Pants

Whereas I like to beat the snot out of a hobo. Oh, I make it worth their while, of course. You know, give the bum a few smokes, some meths or a half eaten cheeseburger or whatever.
Old 23rd June 2008, 01:36     #877
Draco T Bastard

Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that it's because you don't feel that you're achieving anything with your life.
Old 23rd June 2008, 03:08     #878
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Lightbulb

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Club
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
---
We're the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives.
I found an answer to the madness of modern life within the teachings of the Buddha.

Peace, and good luck!
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:05     #879
JP

Quote:
My life is extraordinarily good by the standards of the vast majority of humans that have ever lived. I reside in comfortable and spacious surroundings. Pretty much all physical exertion I perform is by choice. I can obtain almost any kind of food I desire at any time and in practically unlimited quantity. I have access to myriad forms of entertainment, both mental and physical, for when these things aren't enough.

Sounds like you answered your own question. You're pampered. Time to start helping others. And it will all click together. Or else you'll feel even guiltier. But at least you'll be making a difference. And of course, you can do as much or as little as you want. But it will likely change your entire perspective about what's important, and what makes you content. Because as you said, we have all this shit, and I doubt we're much happier than most people have been. Because shit is all relative. We have more luxuries than your average 14th century king. But who would have felt like they were living in more luxury?
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:29     #880
Reformed_Quint

Tonight i'm not going to invite anyone over, and i'm going to sleep, i'm going to sleep for 12 hours.

Fuck its going to be mean...

Left my lunch at home today :'(