Password

Old 2nd June 2010, 05:18     #22361
Word

Tasty

Just in the apple store playing with a iPad,

I fucking want one.
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:34     #22362
Nothing

I just had a big whinge to steam support about the way steam fails to offer any useful download management options, after completely failing to understand, and me emailing them to explain their failure, they finally got the idea and said they would pass my suggestions on to their developers. I thought I'd post the emails, but I don't know whether to post it in the GMG/OMG threads, the T&T forum, or the gaming forum...? Help?
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:07     #22363
CCS
Stunt Pants

Just fucken post them here. Christ. Do you need your hand held?
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:13     #22364
A Corpse
talkative lurker

What, as in "Please schedule downloads for 2am-7am local time" or "don't use all my bandwidth while I'm trying to game, cunts"?
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:37     #22365
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Do you need your hand held?
Well, actually, if you were the one who was going to hold it I might be keen.

Seriously though, I thought about it a bit, did a quick search, and found a thread for discussing issues with steam that had already been created in the Gaming forum. link.
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:40     #22366
crocos

I've been working in more-or-less the same job for a decade as of the 22nd May.

I have no idea if this oils or grinds my gears. A little of both, I guess.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:05     #22367
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
Well, actually, if you were the one who was going to hold it I might be keen.
If its me you get to hold my dick in your mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
I've been working in more-or-less the same job for a decade as of the 22nd May.

I have no idea if this oils or grinds my gears. A little of both, I guess.
Does it make you want to gouge out your eyes with your thumbs?
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:08     #22368
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Does it make you want to gouge out your eyes with your thumbs?
Some days, yes.

Old 2nd June 2010, 14:15     #22369
StN
I have detailed files

Both Stuff and CNN are reporting breaking news. CNN says the PM of Japan is about to resign. Stuff says the Wellington Pheonix boss is about to resign.
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:58     #22370
CCS
Stunt Pants

Toll-dodger faces $26,500 in fines

Quote:
Two cars belonging to one person have made almost 700 trips on the Northern Gateway motorway without paying the $2-a-trip toll - and the owner now faces fines of more than $26,000 if the fees are not paid.
~
That person owes $1879.20 in arrears - at $2 a trip plus administration costs - and could become liable for infringement fees of more than $26,500 unless the arrears are cleared within a fortnight.
This is why it's stupid to pile on unrealistically high fines. The infringement fee could be $26,500, it could be $100,000 - it's obviously not going to change his behaviour. dERP!
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:03     #22371
Reformed_Quint

Just impound the car(s) he's using, sell them and use the money to pay off the fines and write the rest off. Rinse and repeat.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:09     #22372
CCS
Stunt Pants

Word.

I just noticed this at the bottom of the article:
Quote:
Toll opponent Hans Grueber, who lives inland from Waiwera, said that although he did not use the road often, he was the registered owner of a car which had made several unpaid trips.

He would welcome being pursued for arrears so he could argue in court that tolls were introduced illegally.
Fucken Hans Grueber! Always being a cock!
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:27     #22373
StN
I have detailed files

Old 2nd June 2010, 16:38     #22374
gentle

Whenever I see that guy I'm reminded of a Stephen Fry (I think) impersonation of him, afterwards he says "he's easy to impersonate because all you have to do is talk without moving your teeth" (paraphrasing obviously).
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:59     #22375
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc3OyvbJkj4
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:00     #22376
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Third season is where it really picks up IMO. First and second is mostly Buffy 90210.

Pepsi - I've had a few beers with the guy that played the gay jock that befriends Xander, cool guy. Strongest american accent I've ever heard.
Ooh and I saw one of your McZany pics of Spike too. Cool
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:38     #22377
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle
Whenever I see that guy I'm reminded of a Stephen Fry (I think) impersonation of him, afterwards he says "he's easy to impersonate because all you have to do is talk without moving your teeth" (paraphrasing obviously).
He reminds me a bit of a younger LarryE.

Only today did I find out that he really is a bastard.
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:10     #22378
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Could be funny sometimes I guess.. but mostly lame...Trademe bombardment group on FB..
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:09     #22379
MadMax
Stuff

anyone ever noticed that those road-side YOUR SPEED signs always show the traffic doing 45kph?
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:19     #22380
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
anyone ever noticed that those road-side YOUR SPEED signs always show the traffic doing 45kph?
No.. I always see "SLOW DOWN"..
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:43     #22381
fidgit
Always itchy

And if I'm in a bus, it's usually about 35...
Old 2nd June 2010, 23:24     #22382
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
<3

I like Rickman and Sessions individually. That was a good combination of the two

Edit: also from related, Sessions impression of Rickman in full makeup (not really an improvement, some some good impersonators included):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcJhc7ShOdE

Last edited by chiQ : 2nd June 2010 at 23:28.
Old 2nd June 2010, 23:49     #22383
[WanG] Wandarah

Am I the only one who wants to stab John Sessions in his droopy fucking face? Even his name pisses me off.
Old 3rd June 2010, 00:41     #22384
Cyberbob

List of Guantanamo Bay detainees accused of possessing Casio watches
Old 3rd June 2010, 00:45     #22385
fidgit
Always itchy

10 year old me was a terrorist! D:!

edit
That's pretty fascinating actually. The watches don't have any sort of 'video out' feature for the time, I wonder how they help blow bombs up. Perhaps they actually do transmit signals if you take the cover off and are watching the right bits underneath.

Last edited by fidgit : 3rd June 2010 at 00:48.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:02     #22386
StN
I have detailed files

MacGyver would connect to the piezo alarm. Obviously the popularity is related to the availability and low price. Next they'll be profiling based on Nokia phone ownership.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:58     #22387
StN
I have detailed files

Holy crap

Hmmm - there is a cereal bowl on the bench in the café at work - it has someones car keys in it. Either it's a reminder for that person that they need to take their bowl home (and will need the car keys to do that) or there are some swinging times happening after hours...
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:06     #22388
CCS
Stunt Pants

loly shit! One of those watches was the type with a calculator on it! Just imagine what would happen if an Arab got a hold of the version with a tv remote control on it! He'd be fucking changing channels everywhere! THESE COLORS DON'T RUN!
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:14     #22389
StN
I have detailed files

Oh noes - my efforts in the 90's to eradicate Karaoke make me a terrorist?
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:24     #22390
CCS
Stunt Pants

Hmm... nah, your skin is too white.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:50     #22391
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
10 year old me was a terrorist! D:!
Ditto.

Shit like that makes me want to buy a couple hundred of 'em and give them away to people flying into America because of the sheer stupidity of it.

Old 3rd June 2010, 13:55     #22392
Rocket

just jumped into a little website for myself, installed joomla on one of bams vm machines, now to design the site.. think im gunna regret this
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:52     #22393
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...s-now-too-fast

Can't help but think if Labour were still in power that Nick Smith and co would be bleating about "meet my revenue gathering team"!
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:58     #22394
Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket
just jumped into a little website for myself, installed joomla on one of bams vm machines, now to design the site.. think im gunna regret this
I installed a tf2 server. Heh This is obviously going to work well for me...
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:04     #22395
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
I am all for saving lives, but if fines are gonna result from the margin of error contributed to by differences in tyre tread...
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:26     #22396
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I am all for saving lives, but if fines are gonna result from the margin of error contributed to by differences in tyre tread...
Surely this could be argued in court. If you genuinely thought you were doing 50kmh because your speedo was telling you and for all intents and purposes you thought your speedo was accurate, yet you were doing 54kmh or whatever, that must be a legit defence?

Random fact: Speed when it's raining. Cops can't use lasers in the rain.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:28     #22397
Lightspeed

The fines are pretty minor for 0-10km/h over the limit. It think it's always been enforceable, it's just don't think it's worth the money. I'm pretty sure traffic isn't going to slow down all of a sudden.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:49     #22398
Bandalador

I've worked in Albany, North Shore for over 5 years now and I always see these teams of guys running around the streets in what looks like a PT uniform, often lugging around huge logs, tractor tyres or other awkward objects. Looks really strange in the middle of an industrial estate. I've always wondered but never asked..
What the hell are they up to? Is there a killbot factory in Albany or is some CEO taking team building to a ridiculous level?
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:56     #22399
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
The fines are pretty minor for 0-10km/h over the limit. It think it's always been enforceable...
Correct: My understanding is it's a discretionary decision, usually taking into account things like weather conditions or if the driving is erratic / unsafe, or vehicle looks borderline unsafe. Etc.

Old 3rd June 2010, 16:56     #22400
CCS
Stunt Pants

I've witnessed that same thing and I am none the wiser than you are. My theory is this: I've heard of gyms where they act like they're in the military - the trainer acts like a drill instructor and the members act like recruits. It sounds like a lot of shit to me, like the gym bunnies feel like they a bunch of tough cunts. Anyways, I guess they have a mandatory uniform for part of the experience.

Could be that, could be something else entirely. I'd also considered the possibility that it's something to do with the local fire station, but the number of people jogging around (and with no fire insignia on their clothes) suggests it's not.