Password

Old 3rd May 2009, 11:16     #2401
Helious

^^ congrats bro. that's mint
Old 3rd May 2009, 16:13     #2402
dead goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge
Finding a second hand copy of a Clean LP I have a copy of, selling at real groovie for $150. 6 times what I bought it for 20 years ago.
I
AM
TEMPTED

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instr...-216454704.htm
Old 5th May 2009, 01:41     #2403
dead goon

Watch Valkyrie tonight. Really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for WWII films.
Old 5th May 2009, 09:29     #2404
Macca@Work

Watching a taxi go through a red light to make a right hand turn.In the process he stopped the traffic moving forward.The police man on his moterbike thought it was dumb and wrote a ticket accordingly.OMG
Old 5th May 2009, 15:30     #2405
Reformed_Quint

Picking up a work mates drawing and realising that hes fricken good at what he does (hes 21).
Old 5th May 2009, 15:33     #2406
CCS
Stunt Pants

Fixed that driveway yet?
Old 5th May 2009, 15:40     #2407
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead goon
I can't.. i know too much about the actual Stauffenberg so I know i'd just be pointing holes in the plotline the whole time.
Old 5th May 2009, 15:46     #2408
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Fixed that driveway yet?
Yea, G. Easy as, just changed the gradiants a wee. All the same bank and rough house locations so .
Old 5th May 2009, 16:02     #2409
CCS
Stunt Pants

Gratz
Old 5th May 2009, 16:05     #2410
Havs

It makes sense now. I grew up in a house with a drive way that just didn't make sense. The driveway 1 meter next to it was perfect, ours was retarded ...

You are now going to subject some new family to years of wondering what special type of retard sauce the engineer was drinking when he designed the driveway.

Our drive way -\_

Nextdoor drive way, smooth gradient.

Same hill, more bottom of car raping.
Old 5th May 2009, 16:12     #2411
CCS
Stunt Pants

Engineers are generally drunk or hung over or both.
Old 5th May 2009, 16:51     #2412
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Engineers are generally drunk or hung over or both.
Its when i produce my best work.

But i assure you havs. This driveway is going to be magnificent. A shining jewel in the landowners already spectacular crown.
Old 5th May 2009, 18:34     #2413
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havs
Our drive way -\_

Nextdoor drive way, smooth gradient.
Quint traveled back in time to rape your driveway design

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 5th May 2009, 19:22     #2414
Juju
get to da choppa

Go look in google maps for Hall Street in northcote, then look at the aerial photo.
That'll rape your mind.
Old 5th May 2009, 19:38     #2415
p01s0n

What am I looking at exactly? Aucklands penis? cause if that's what you're getting at, I'm pretty sure you'll find Aucklands penis posts on this board under a name starting with H.
Old 5th May 2009, 19:38     #2416
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
Go look in google maps for Hall Street in northcote, then look at the aerial photo.
That'll rape your mind.
They really need to fix those potholes. There are trees growing out of them
Old 5th May 2009, 22:06     #2417
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
That'll rape your mind.
I'm lazy... links to each pleasekthanksbye
Old 7th May 2009, 00:15     #2418
Foggerty

"A bit of Fry and Laurie" season one DVD oils my gears :-)
Old 7th May 2009, 00:26     #2419
Foggerty

And Stephen Fry is "lovely"
Old 7th May 2009, 00:39     #2420
caffiend

Thumbs up

EX-trinsically. EX-trinsically.
Old 7th May 2009, 14:52     #2421
HardCorePawn

Quote:
That'll rape your mind.
Is that one of those deliberate "mistakes" they put in to so they can identify competitors ripping off their data??
Old 7th May 2009, 15:53     #2422
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorePawn
Is that one of those deliberate "mistakes" they put in to so they can identify competitors ripping off their data??

Nop. The houses down by the beach are addressed as Hall St, and not Queen St.
It's some old council relic.
If the owners of the houses by the beach wanted a driveway, the council is obliged to build one because the reserve is legally a road.
Old 8th May 2009, 10:06     #2423
[Malks] Pixie

Well went up to the VUW information evening last night - showed up a bit late (as was working) and most everything had kinda moved on. Luckily my wonderful partner knows the associate dean of the facultity I'm looking at studying in so was able to be wisked away into a private office and chat for 45 minutes about what I was best to do.

Oils my gears that my partner is supportive of me going back to study and that she knows the right people to talk too. Oils my gears that the associate dean was so nice, helpful, funny and generally really boosted my confidence.

W00t!

Pixie
Old 8th May 2009, 10:13     #2424
buckies

She's supportive for now, but she'll soon tire of the partner who fails to bring in any income during the tight economic times ahead. Good luck though!
Old 8th May 2009, 10:15     #2425
Juju
get to da choppa

^^ woah, buzz killer.
Old 8th May 2009, 10:15     #2426
CCS
Stunt Pants

lol buckies, they're hippies who shun material items! They'd probably be happy living in a tent in your back yard!

Pixie - good for you. What you lookin to study?
Old 8th May 2009, 10:19     #2427
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckies
She's supportive for now, but she'll soon tire of the partner who fails to bring in any income during the tight economic times ahead. Good luck though!
Ummm actually we're pretty unconcerned about money - just not really an area of our relationship which is an issue (she already earns heaps more than me). Anyway studying doesn't mean no income - simply means it needs to obtained a different way - or that you look to reduce costs in other ways (which I'm already working on).

Thanks for the thought though!

Pixie
Old 8th May 2009, 10:21     #2428
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
lol buckies, they're hippies who shun material items! They'd probably be happy living in a tent in your back yard!

Pixie - good for you. What you lookin to study?
Cheer CCS - going to be doing applied physics and communications as a double major BSc.

Pixie
Old 8th May 2009, 10:25     #2429
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Cheer CCS - going to be doing applied physics and communications as a double major BSc.

Pixie
Yay a real degree. high five!

Quote:
Anyway studying doesn't mean no income - simply means it needs to obtained a different way

Pixie
So.... your selling drugs then?
Old 8th May 2009, 10:34     #2430
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
Yay a real degree. high five!
Cheers mate! I figured I didn't want to go for some pussy BA!

Quote:
Nah - I'm probably going to ease into it this year so will have about 20 hours a week available to do work - and I'll probably be able to pick up some at my current work place (as I know all the ropes already and they're always getting in temp staff). Plus got a deal going with my mum to use some of her awesome garden space to do some more serious growing of vegetables (reckon we can save a couple of grand a year if we can get it going well).

Still when I was out of work I could get about $200 from 10 hours of busking or so... always an option..

Pixie
Old 8th May 2009, 10:40     #2431
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Ah. This is how you determine if a helicopter on a turntable will take off.
Old 8th May 2009, 10:43     #2432
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
No, he's selling his bum. Hoi hoi!
Old 8th May 2009, 10:50     #2433
Asriel

Getting the internet up and going! Telstra phone lines be shit.
Old 9th May 2009, 00:46     #2434
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Going out for a meal without booking and running into some good friends at the random place we chose.

Listening to the rain on the skylight while I'm wrapped up in a duvet with the laptop
Old 9th May 2009, 08:21     #2435
chiQ
Frag-muff

Good shit, Pixie. Best wishes for the new chapter
Old 9th May 2009, 12:36     #2436
doppelgänger of someone

Quote:
Cheers mate! I figured I didn't want to go for some pussy BA!

Nah - I'm probably going to ease into it this year so will have about 20 hours a week available to do work - and I'll probably be able to pick up some at my current work place (as I know all the ropes already and they're always getting in temp staff). Plus got a deal going with my mum to use some of her awesome garden space to do some more serious growing of vegetables (reckon we can save a couple of grand a year if we can get it going well).

Still when I was out of work I could get about $200 from 10 hours of busking or so... always an option..

Pixie
I reckon you can do full time work, study part time, AND have a life (because I'm planning on it). You give around 10 hours per day for work, including actual work and commune time. Spend 2.5 hours per day for studies, for lectures and readings, lots of reading. Assuming you have 8 hours sleep, you still have 3.5 hours per day for you to do everything else. Then on the weekend you work one day full time on study, that's another 8 hours, mostly on assignments and writing. The rest of the weekend will be your day off. Then you would have done 2.5 * 5 + 8 = 20.5 hours per week. Which is just half of the 40 hours per week for full time student.
Old 9th May 2009, 13:13     #2437
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
I reckon you can do full time work, study part time, AND have a life (because I'm planning on it). You give around 10 hours per day for work, including actual work and commune time. Spend 2.5 hours per day for studies, for lectures and readings, lots of reading. Assuming you have 8 hours sleep, you still have 3.5 hours per day for you to do everything else. Then on the weekend you work one day full time on study, that's another 8 hours, mostly on assignments and writing. The rest of the weekend will be your day off. Then you would have done 2.5 * 5 + 8 = 20.5 hours per week. Which is just half of the 40 hours per week for full time student.
Depends on the type of degree. I don't think it would be easy to do a physics degree and work at the same time, especially if changing careers and money isn't the top priority.

GL pixie

armourking
Old 9th May 2009, 14:58     #2438
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
I reckon you can do full time work, study part time, AND have a life (because I'm planning on it).
Sounds like a mythical man month!

How many courses are you planning on doing per trimester?
Old 9th May 2009, 15:36     #2439
[Malks] Pixie

Thanks for the thoughts folks - greatly appreciated.

Dop - yeah you probably can do it that way - but I'm aware that I haven't done any serious study in the last 17 years and am going to need to spend a whole lot of time getting back up too speed on the basics (mostly my math). I also want to make sure that I actually do well, and seeing as I'm lucky enough to have the flexibility to not have to work full time it makes sense to make use of that option.

The thing is that it's as much about a change in attitude and environment as it is about the skills and knowledge's I'll pick up - and for that I can't be still working full time.

BTW best of luck with your planned studies!

Pixie
Old 9th May 2009, 15:38     #2440
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead goon
I just wish they had at least tried to do the movie with german accents..