NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 5th October 2015, 03:26     #41
Native
I... err - F*ck It.

Watched Aug vs Eng in a pub here in London. England were not surprised at losing (they still turned up in droves to support).

Australia however were looking great...
Old 5th October 2015, 18:21     #42
JERI

I admit I'm reading the BBC sports pages this morning with ample schadenfreude

Old 10th October 2015, 11:35     #43
fixed_truth

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a...ectid=11527028
Where's the faith?, cunts.
Old 10th October 2015, 12:09     #44
Macca@Work

Its easier for a crap team to play better and improve each game
than for a team like the ABs to consistantly always be brill.
We've beaten the minnows convincingly but that still isn't good enough for some people.
At the end of the day it's a world cup that offers some interesting scenarios for who plays who when.It hasn't been as predictable as previous world cup gatherings.Which makes it all the more intriguing right?
Old 11th October 2015, 10:26     #45
Deadmeat

Games like NZ v Tonga are to me the perfect counter argument to people that argue the haka shouldn't be allowed. Following on from the dull formality of anthems it breeds incredible life into a game to have two war dances challenging each other. Even if the teams may be in different leagues in terms of the game, for that moment they are equal.
Old 11th October 2015, 21:03     #46
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Oath. Complaints about the haka (it's always the haka, noone ever complains about Samoan, Tongan, or Fijian challenges) always come across to me as "brown peoples' culture is threatening to me"
Old 12th October 2015, 08:54     #47
blynk

Anyone see the try by the Irish where it was scored against the foot of the post.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/i...in-over-france (about 36 seconds in)
I only saw this quick snippet, but its interesting, there was basically no way the French could stop that. The ruck was hard against the post, the french they had to stand on the tryline and the post was completely open.
Old 12th October 2015, 09:53     #48
JERI

Quote:
All Blacks play France on Saturday
Fuck. Hold me
Old 12th October 2015, 10:10     #49
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the ABs will face the French in the quarters at Cardiff.
Old 12th October 2015, 13:15     #50
blynk

All Blacks will win by 18+.
Old 12th October 2015, 13:20     #51
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

ABs vs Le Coqs at Cardiff, all we need is Wayne Barnes for the trifecta of scrotum-shrinking nausea.
Old 12th October 2015, 14:46     #52
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Anyone see the try by the Irish where it was scored against the foot of the post.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/i...in-over-france (about 36 seconds in)
I only saw this quick snippet, but its interesting, there was basically no way the French could stop that. The ruck was hard against the post, the french they had to stand on the tryline and the post was completely open.
It's tough but it was poorly defended. Nothing to stop the french player lying down in front of the post as soon as the halfback touched the ball. Rucks around the posts happen in heaps of games, not that many of them result in tries scored against the post.
Old 12th October 2015, 15:19     #53
CCS
Stunt Pants

lemme tell u something

Ireland's Sean O'Brien in trouble for punch

O'Brien may get cited for this. Okay, so it's naughty but:

a) The French pig deserved it. For being French.
b) It's Rugby, not Tiddlywinks.

What that crudely edited video doesn't show you is the before and after of the strike. This one does.

Before the tackle: the Frenchman molests the Irishman's arse. Imagine doing that to someone like Richard Loe. Frog would wake up with no eyes.

After the tackle: Look at that French faggot dive to the ground like a soccer player. "Merde! My ovaries!"

I read somewhere that the refs had been instructed to take no nonsense when it comes to diving (see Nige Owens). In light of that, I think the appropriate response is to cite Pierre Le Faget for being a sook.
Old 12th October 2015, 20:30     #54
blynk

Woah, not entirely sure what video you were watching. not I don't see any arse molesting at most there was a small touch of side arse. Of course there may have been a lot of other things happening in the game, but that one thing wasnt anything.

And the punch looked like a shot to the sternum. Fair enough for him to go down.
Old 12th October 2015, 21:02     #55
CCS
Stunt Pants

You have exposed yourself as a soccer loving faggot. Get out.
Old 13th October 2015, 09:55     #56
Macca@Work

I know France always play like a team possessed when they play the All Blacks but I'll bet a box of hienys the All Blacks will win.
France don't have the mojo they used to have.
Any takers?
Old 13th October 2015, 12:35     #57
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Macca, shut the fuck up man you're just jinxing it!
Old 13th October 2015, 17:04     #58
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The only time France are ever any good is when they absolutely have to be. WHICH IS THE WHOLE FUCKING PROBLEM.

They're also dirty fuckers for whom biting, eye gouging, and scrotum-twisting are perfectly legitimate "disruptive tactics", since they can be done where the ref can't see it.
Old 13th October 2015, 22:54     #59
Nothing

Ireland beat them. AB's shouldn't have any trouble.
Old 14th October 2015, 07:13     #60
fixed_truth

The ref situation is sorted, so there's no reason for us to lose this time.
Old 14th October 2015, 09:50     #61
blynk

Hey Jeri, do you have any pre-match drawings of the upcoming game?
You should sigh your name on it, i would love to post some of them to Facebook.
They are truely awesome
Old 14th October 2015, 11:56     #62
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
The ref situation is sorted, so there's no reason for us to lose this time.
Oh it was the refs fault last time was it?
Old 14th October 2015, 13:41     #63
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

The AB's are going to smash the french cunts. Guaranteed.
Old 14th October 2015, 18:04     #64
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Oh it was the refs fault last time was it?
His shit reffing was part of the reason. Hence why people are relieved he's not part of this game.
Old 14th October 2015, 18:08     #65
crocos

The ref was shit, sure that's frustrating for both players and spectators, but he was actually pretty even handed - it wasn't and is not a reason for losing.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 14th October 2015, 18:32     #66
fixed_truth

I definitely think that ref mistakes like missing a forward pass or sin binning etc etc can result in points on the board and so can influence the outcome of games.
Old 14th October 2015, 18:40     #67
CCS
Stunt Pants

At the end of the day, the All Blacks should have played better than they did. Their sub-par performance was the chief reason they lost.

Besides which, it's been 8 years. Barnes has improved and refereed a bunch more ABs games now with no issues.
Old 15th October 2015, 13:45     #68
Kryten

I've been reading a few anecdotes about the AB's deliberately cruising through the pool games, where part of the game plan against their pool opponents has been to *not* play certain ways and envisaging certain scenarios in order to replicate what they've been expecting during the knock out phases. Things like no quick throw-ins, less kicking for territory, that type of thing

I'd like to believe there is some truth to it and that all of a sudden we're going to see them play "properly" this weekend, hitting another gear. I certainly hope we smash France at a million kph, at least.
Old 15th October 2015, 15:01     #69
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Besides which, it's been 8 years. Barnes has improved and refereed a bunch more ABs games now with no issues.
This + we beat them at the last world cup is what i said to a workmate yesterday. Seriously not getting why people are banging on about this.
Old 15th October 2015, 15:39     #70
pxpx

The most hilarious reason I read that we should be worried is that "the french are angry at each other".
Old 15th October 2015, 16:02     #71
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
This + we beat them at the last world cup is what i said to a workmate yesterday. Seriously not getting why people are banging on about this.
A win at home by the skin of our teeth looking like possums in headlights ain't exactly inspiring. We STILL almost choked.

We're not at home, and our "not at home" record is a big string of fails where Le Coqs feature quite prominently.
Old 17th October 2015, 15:44     #72
Deadmeat

I get the differences, I just don't put much store in historical stats for sports teams (beyond say comparing one season with the next) because it typically means very little to the team playing on the day. It was 8 years ago ffs, since then NZ has put up an 8-1 record against France.

edit- just happened to see this on guardian..
"France’s record under Saint-André has been poor. They have failed to finish in the top half of the Six Nations in the last four years, during which time they have not beaten Wales or Ireland, and while comparisons are being made with 2007, when Les Bleus defeated the All Blacks in the quarter-final at the Millennium Stadium, they were then the Six Nations champions and had won the title in three of the four years since the previous World Cup."

/tipfedora to whomever managed to troll the rugby press with the story about the French coach quitting, watching that unfold was excellent fun

Last edited by Deadmeat : 17th October 2015 at 15:45.
Old 17th October 2015, 15:54     #73
Deadmeat

Japan are the only nation outside of the Rugby Championship to beat a side in the Rugby Championship.
Old 18th October 2015, 00:21     #74
JERI

Laugh

They are also the only country on the planet to have a 100% win record against South Africa

I shall be using that as my go-to banter every time a saffa fan mentions 2007
Old 18th October 2015, 06:40     #75
fixed_truth

Epic Wales South Africa game. Fark, gonna be a tough semi for us.
Old 18th October 2015, 08:02     #76
blynk

Well, only 1 tried score against wales. I woulnt be too concerned there. But 6 penalties/drop goals taken.
That I would be concerned about.
Old 18th October 2015, 08:15     #77
Fx.

Good work you big bastard
Old 18th October 2015, 09:48     #78
JERI

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FRANCE!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 18th October 2015, 09:50     #79
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidbo
The AB's are going to smash the french cunts. Guaranteed.
Old 18th October 2015, 09:52     #80
Fx.