Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 11th August 2019, 23:24     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

owned

Wallabies totally deserved to win that one. someone fucking rip Scott Barrrett's contract up until he learns how to to play the modern international game.
Old 12th August 2019, 11:57     #2
blynk

Yep, what stupidity.
And now the issue is NZ (public) can just fall back on "we lost because we only had 14 men".

It was shaping up to be a very interesting game. When the red card came, I lost interest. It was clear what was going to happen.
Old 12th August 2019, 18:35     #3
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
And now the issue is NZ (public) can just fall back on "we lost because we only had 14 men".
It was shaping up to be a very interesting game. When the red card came, I lost interest. It was clear what was going to happen.
Yep. Aussie fans downplaying the red card, kiwi fans overpaying it. Looking forward to the next game with both teams with a lot to prove.
Old 12th August 2019, 19:26     #4
BoyWonder

This weekend is going to be epic. Probably the most I have looked forward to ABs vs Wallabies in years. I won't even be mad if Aus win this one as the ABs are playing like they need a reboot at the moment.
Old 13th August 2019, 13:19     #5
blynk

It may also give an extra boost to the Wallabies (and other teams) going into the WC.
Which can only be a good thing for world rugby
Old 13th August 2019, 13:49     #6
StN
I have detailed files

Sometimes I'm proud of myself for holding back on an incredibly un-PC post that was bound to offend everyone. Even those who don't watch Kiwi current events shows.
Old 15th August 2019, 02:37     #7
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Wallabies totally deserved to win that one. someone fucking rip Scott Barrrett's contract up until he learns how to to play the modern international game.
agree, i listened on the radio while i was doing some late work for my old man. shit was intense via terrestrial.

I haven't watched union in a while, but it reminded me that i went through the below and was still certified, haha. the things i do, my "stepson" (lightspeed's nephew) is now in his 3rd season(as a forward/prop) and at the time(his first season) i stepped up as "that parent".

connor was most improved player and the team was most improved. pretty big for the first season of union for our family at the time.

but lol, i legit know fuck all about rugby, i reffed a game, what a shambles.. being focused (creating a triangle for your whistle(the ball, and each time side of that) and remembering to monitor offside/position, etc. wow, i was overwhelmed as fuvck. still, can tick that off the list.

Last edited by wazza : 15th August 2019 at 02:39.
Old 17th August 2019, 20:04     #8
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Wallabies playing good rugby, ABs still tackling uncomfortably high...
Old 17th August 2019, 20:55     #9
fixed_truth

Abs getting their confidence back. Early days but looking good for redemption.
Old 17th August 2019, 22:46     #10
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Thread title checks out 👍🏽
Old 18th August 2019, 09:41     #11
blynk

Ok, back to the status quo.
Yes, the ABs can be beaten by being caught off guard. Maybe having the wrong tactics and the opposition just happening to be playing out of their skins (and ABs being down to 14 men)

But, its a one off, its not repeatedly and I don't think the ABs will make that same mistake this year.
Old 18th August 2019, 11:33     #12
fixed_truth

I thought the Aussies player really good rugby so for us to put on that many points & keep them scoreless was pretty epic. Bring on the WC three-peat.
Old 18th August 2019, 18:28     #13
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Ok, back to the status quo.
Yes, the ABs can be beaten by being caught off guard. Maybe having the wrong tactics and the opposition just happening to be playing out of their skins (and ABs being down to 14 men)

But, its a one off, its not repeatedly and I don't think the ABs will make that same mistake this year.
Don't make excuses. The game is what it is on the day. Last time the ABs got trounced, this time they smashed it.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 19th August 2019, 14:04     #14
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Don't make excuses. The game is what it is on the day. Last time the ABs got trounced, this time they smashed it.
I don't believe I was making excuses.
On the day, the opposition was playing exceptionally well, we didn't have great tactics. Therefore opposition won.
And that is even more true considering the turn around in scores.