NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 26th November 2011, 05:39     #1
sinner

The Election

4:00am I awake with a strong sense of injustice in the world.
My thoughts swirl around a sense of social imbalance.

Why is the current ruling body a right wing capitalist?
With the wealth distribution as it is, how could 50% of the people believe in the capitalist agenda when there is so much evidence in front of us that shows it's to the detriment of the common people and for the benefit of small minority of wealth holders?

Why do we have sense of sameness in our political parties that I believe leads to voter apathy born from the sense that we cannot change what is?

Why are we being rail-roaded into deciding our countries future with an accelerated election without sufficient time to evaluate the political parties agendas, where the world is headed, with strong, informative debate?

The social democrat rises within me.
I can't believe that a majority of New Zealanders can be led to believe in the capitalist pipe dream.
Capitalism is not for humanity, it's for the minority that continue to get rich at the expense of the people and the planet.

Wake up New Zealand!
Vote with a social conscience then tell our peoples party what we really want!
(seeing as there has been so little chance to express the will of the people prior to the election)

Stop pandering to the real evil in our world, greed!

Can I go back to sleep now?

Flame me, I don't care. Going back to sleep now.
Old 26th November 2011, 05:45     #2
pervy

IBTL
Old 26th November 2011, 05:55     #3
crocos

You... blow thai lads?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 26th November 2011, 08:08     #4
fixed_truth

Wrong place, wrong time.

http://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=86113
Old 26th November 2011, 10:19     #5
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

For those who don't like reading elsewhere, quoted from Ab:

Quote:
On election day candidates, political parties and others must not post any new material on websites, which includes election related posts on social media such as Facebook or Twitter.

Existing election or referendum material does not have to be removed from a website on election day as long as the material is only made available to people who voluntarily access it and the website is not advertised on election day.

To avoid complaints on election day we would recommend that you change the security settings for Facebook pages that candidates, parties or third parties have so that other persons cannot post messages on election day before 7pm.

Posts on Facebook or Twitter that are not connected in any way with the election or the referendum can of course be posted on election day.
i.e. no talk about the Election.
Old 26th November 2011, 10:48     #6
cEvin
Love In Vein

the answer to your questions is because most people are dumb, sheepish or greedy.

and yes you can go back to sleep, you don't need to ask permission when you sleep.

you also don't need to pre-empt someone disagreeing with you with the flame line when you make an opinionated forum post - we stopped doing that around 12 years ago.

<3
Old 26th November 2011, 11:14     #7
ipee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cEvin
the answer to your questions is because most people are dumb, sheepish or greedy.
Old 26th November 2011, 11:30     #8
sinner

really!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cEvin

and yes you can go back to sleep, you don't need to ask permission when you sleep.

you also don't need to pre-empt someone disagreeing with you with the flame line when you make an opinionated forum post - we stopped doing that around 12 years ago.

<3
My questions were rhetorical, but you knew that.

As for the law, there is the law then there is the application of the law.
The law exists to provide an avenue of litigation.
The likelihood of litigation is very low unless you a) use false information in attempt to sway another's vote or b) attempt to deter people from voting.

My post, albeit in the wrong location, was a declaration that I think the world is fucked and that democratic right wing government policies are part of the problem. I state that I am left leaning and encourage, not deter, you to vote.

As for the flame note, well I've seen it enough on here. yeah I shouldn't have posted that.

oh well. carry on.
Old 26th November 2011, 11:34     #9
chubby

Sad

expecting a tory victory- though mebbe not as comprehensive as earlier in the year.
oh well.
Old 26th November 2011, 12:07     #10
GRiM ReeFer

Ignorance is bliss when it comes to challenging social issues
Mon, 11/21/2011 - 15:28

The less people know about important complex issues such as the economy, energy consumption and the environment, the more they want to avoid becoming well-informed, according to new research published by the American Psychological Association.

And the more urgent the issue, the more people want to remain unaware, according to a paper published online in APA's Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.

"These studies were designed to help understand the so-called 'ignorance is bliss' approach to social issues," said author Steven Shepherd, a graduate student with the University of Waterloo in Ontario. "The findings can assist educators in addressing significant barriers to getting people involved and engaged in social issues."

Through a series of five studies conducted in 2010 and 2011 with 511 adults in the United States and Canada, the researchers described "a chain reaction from ignorance about a subject to dependence on and trust in the government to deal with the issue."

In one study, participants who felt most affected by the economic recession avoided information challenging the government's ability to manage the economy. However, they did not avoid positive information, the study said. This study comprised 197 Americans with a mean age of 35 (111 women and 89 men), who had received complex information about the economy and had answered a question about how the economy is affecting them directly.

http://www.sciguru.com/newsitem/1136...-social-issues
Old 26th November 2011, 12:21     #11
sinner

hmmm

An interesting read Grim.

This 'head in the sand' behaviour bodes well for the politicians that pick simple campaign issues I guess. Here people, a carrot, it's orange and good, come hither unto me!
Look a terrorist, I shall protect thee (using whatever means possible even if they erode your rights), come hither unto me!

So much for human evolution.
Are we there yet?

I wonder, if the same study was conducted in different countries, would the results be largely the same?
Old 26th November 2011, 12:48     #12
Dusty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ7iuAmiYPg
Old 27th November 2011, 08:43     #13
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

http://www.electionresults.govt.nz/electorate-4.html
Tied result? Gotta wait for specials: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...gs-to-National

And NAT just pipped Gosgrove out of Waimakariri, Paula Bennett just holds onto Waitakare....