Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 1st March 2010, 15:00     #20161
[BT]MikeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Wally: It may be worth your time to seek an employment lawyer; Any document that dictates the rate at which you get paid forms part of your contract. At minimum they shouldn't be able to go "and by the way this overtime you did? Nah, we're going to pay you about half what you expected, but it's cool because we'd changed that policy aaaaages ago and just not told anyone" - there's something wrong there.

But yes, definitely consider looking elsewhere if they're fucking you around like that - it's not a sign of a healthy employer.

Ohh hell yes.

Especially if you are looking at moving one anyway.
Old 1st March 2010, 15:02     #20162
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Surely you mean Defenestration?
Possibly yea, typed it out hit spell check and it didn't come up with anything.

The machine has failed me.
Old 1st March 2010, 15:02     #20163
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Possibly yea, if thats how its spelt. Typed it out hit spell check and it didn't come up with anything.

The machine has failed me.
Old 1st March 2010, 15:05     #20164
^BITES^

Twice apparently!

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 1st March 2010, 15:09     #20165
Reformed_Quint

do'h
Old 1st March 2010, 17:52     #20166
Boofhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I think he defenetly did.
Old 1st March 2010, 18:00     #20167
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofhead
defenetly
Can't say I've even seen it boof'd like that before! Well done ;>
Old 1st March 2010, 18:06     #20168
Boofhead

I can't tell if it went over your head or not :/
Old 1st March 2010, 18:20     #20169
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

hah, true. I didn't even read the quote or any posts above it. My bad.

Old 1st March 2010, 21:57     #20170
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Not sure of the exact incident, but maybe the punishment is however long the other player is out for.
Learning that this motherfucker has already broken another player's leg in the past grinds my gears. I hope Arsenal sues his arse. Even better, Ryan Shawcross, may someone absolutely shatter your leg.
Old 1st March 2010, 23:12     #20171
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Ryan Shawcross. I am not even an Arsenal fan but that shit is just criminal. So sick and tired of inferior players on inferior teams, under the guise of "I'm just trying to get the ball" go in and commit so called "tackles" that are entirely reckless and demonstrate total obliviousness towards another player's welfare.

Whilst this cunt will get banned for 3 weeks, there's a player who'll probably suffer serious long term damage or, at best, won't be back to form for about two years and this asshole can walk around in three weeks as though nothing had happened. Not one to agree with Wenger usually but save us the "He's a nice guy BS!" Nice crying act too.
A good honest English lad, who doesn't have a history of this sort of thing!

Except, of course, he does. He broke the ankle of Francis Jeffers, and almost did the same on Adebayor.

As the noble Arseblogger says - if you're 22 and you've already broken 2 players legs, you're doing it wrong.

Edit: And I just saw your above post.

Last edited by [WanG] Wandarah : 1st March 2010 at 23:15.
Old 1st March 2010, 23:35     #20172
doppelgänger of someone

I saw the replay, it looks like a 50-50 ball, only Shawcross was running before he sticked his foot in. Ramsey was just too good and got the ball before Shawcross, and his foot paid the price.

In every other league, the ref will protect the best players. In premier league, they usually let this kind of things slide. There are plenty of tackles as violent but the ref wouldn't even give a card. CR9 may be a prick, but he knows how to protect himself, it is better to dive than to take an agricultural tackle and hope for the best.
Old 1st March 2010, 23:43     #20173
[WanG] Wandarah

I dont think there was intent. I think it was a rash challenge by a reckless, technically limited player. The media here are full of fucking wankers too - see below on Wenger.

“It is blatantly obvious the Frenchman wants to buck the trend and traditions of English football.”

“But if he doesn’t like English working conditions, whereby players are physical and try to win the ball, then maybe he should disappear to La Liga or Serie A.”

What a fucking cockrag. This is why England are never going to win a world cup in the modern age.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:25     #20174
Reformed_Quint

having the worst day ever.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:35     #20175
Thomas Meatball

Tell Uncle Tom all about it.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:42     #20176
Reformed_Quint

Just raged at everything, feel bit better now, everyone in the office looks concerned.

hmmmmmmm.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:48     #20177
Thomas Meatball

UNCLE TOM WANTS TO KNOW.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:49     #20178
BoyWonder

And then Uncle Tom will give you a lollipop and tickle your prostate.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:52     #20179
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWonder
And then Uncle Tom will give you a lollipop and tickle your prostate.
I hope!

Mainly IT fockers have me going this time, try and fix a problem and cause about 10 others then say, 'oh, we'll have to send a tech up, they'll be there in 5-7 working days.'

What the fuck, now i have a fucked machine for 5-7 working days. FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK I HAVE DEADLINES RAAAAAHHHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:52     #20180
gentle

I don't think I've ever seen anyone spazz out in the office, bottle it up, crush it down into a tiny ball of white hot rage and man up seesh.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:54     #20181
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWonder
And then Uncle Tom will use a lollipop to tickle your prostate.
wat?
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:01     #20182
BoyWonder

Edit: NM
Old 2nd March 2010, 18:59     #20183
chiQ
Frag-muff

Sore back, pounding headache, cat won't get off me, not enough RAM in my notebook, and the house is a tip.

I think I shall lie here and not do a damned thing about any of it.
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:03     #20184
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

^^^ Hubby can do it all!

He can use this~ ;p

Old 2nd March 2010, 19:05     #20185
chiQ
Frag-muff

Hah! You have got to be kidding. BaM is working his arse off at the moment. He needs a better wife.
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:10     #20186
sky_

Try drinking some beer. Always an awesome solution.
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:21     #20187
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
Hah! You have got to be kidding. BaM is working his arse off at the moment. He needs a better wife.
You're right. It's only fair that you order him a better one and then you can elope with Warrick.
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:24     #20188
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_
Try drinking some beer. Always an awesome solution.
Good call. One of my tiny little mega-codeines and a beer will do it. SHAME I CAN'T GET OUT FROM UNDER THIS DAMNED CAT.
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:32     #20189
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Cunning linguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Meatball
you can elope with Warrick.
Dreams are free!
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:41     #20190
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle
I don't think I've ever seen anyone spazz out in the office, bottle it up, crush it down into a tiny ball of white hot rage and man up seesh.
I have seen it a few times in various offices I have worked in. Coincidentally it has always been people getting angry at the "IT fockers" (my workmates and I)..

One incident involved me specifically, the guy had his fists all tensed up for a punch, white knuckled and shit, and screaming in my face. Sure, I probably didn't respond how he wanted, and I didn't back down (yeah I'm a tough girl) so it made him madder..but talk about OTT. I was ready for a punch to my face..relieved it didn't happen though.
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:07     #20191
xor

What happened with the threatening employee afterwards?
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:09     #20192
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

That's extreme. Gross Misconduct + potential involvement with the Police.
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:17     #20193
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
In every other league, the ref will protect the best players. In premier league, they usually let this kind of things slide. There are plenty of tackles as violent but the ref wouldn't even give a card. CR9 may be a prick, but he knows how to protect himself, it is better to dive than to take an agricultural tackle and hope for the best.
Precisely. It's just a stupid "strategy" to adopt if the intent is to maximise the benefit to the game or at least the premier league at large. There's been so much rubbish going on about how Shawcross didn't intend to hurt anyone. Given his history, that claim alone is doubtful. Even if you assume it's true? SO. FUCKING. WHAT?

The laws of the game clearly ban dangerous play -- enforce those rules. More importantly, I don't understand why people feel the need as football fans or people involved in football to protect guys like Shawcross. Who cares about Ryan Shawcross or anyone who can't defend without using such methods? At the end of the day, most fans watch the games because of the superstars or at least the upper-end level of players. Let's face it, if Ryan Shawcross dies tomorrow, outside of the hardcore Stoke City fans, no one outside of his family and friends will care. If Wayne Rooney or Fernando Torres got cleaned up by one of those tackles, can anyone imagine how much financial damage that would do?

Few apart from the odd Neanderthal will get upset over such tackles resulting in massive bans so why keep risking a great player's career being prematurely ended?

Last edited by cyc : 2nd March 2010 at 20:19.
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:21     #20194
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

He received a warning, although I wouldn't call it an official one. Just a "come on mate, don't pick on the girls" kind of thing from what I understand. He eventually left the company, but not because of that incident or anything.

It's a smaller company, with very few females in the office and I was sole IT support. They didn't have an HR dept or HR person for that matter. The business owner was the one who "handled" everything. So yeah, I'm sure it would have been much different if it had happened at my previous places of work..all larger businesses.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:06     #20195
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

WGMG is that I get jealous of people even though I don't want the thing I'm jealous of them of (huh...I'm tired and can't figure out how to write that in a way that makes sense). I feel like a super bitch and it's just not very nice. One of my goals for 2010 was to be more charitable and less judgemental towards people, but I'm finding it really hard. I'm a jealous bitch. And I don't even want what you have! WTF, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:08     #20196
Thomas Meatball

Lol, what a sweet workplace. "Aw come on bro, don't be like that to the girls. They'll only start crying!"

The fact that he didn't get a proper warning makes me think that the boss felt he was at least partially justified in his behaviour.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:39     #20197
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Nah, no-one ever gets proper warnings there. If you piss the boss off, he sacks you and then is happy for you to take him to court (this happens a lot).

They didn't want to upset the guy because he was in a position that was very hard to fill (very few estimators around at the time) and they couldn't afford for him to ragequit in the middle of some huge projects. They all knew he was a cunt. He had done it before to other people.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:08     #20198
Juju
get to da choppa

This:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/state-of-r...ectid=10628014

The headline reads "Poll shows doubt NZ will be ready for World Cup".

hmm, must mean most people don't think we'll be ready
*click*

Oh, the majority think we WILL be ready. Way to be fucking half empty NZHerald.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:16     #20199
StN
I have detailed files

Yeah - it's not reasonable doubt.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:20     #20200
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
WGMG is that I get jealous of people even though I don't want the thing I'm jealous of them of...
That's envy, not jealousy.

Also, it takes more than a force of will to shift your super-ego. You need new insight.