NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 28th April 2010, 00:32     #21481
Nightcrawler

The flu shot doesn't give you the flu.. so yeah..
Old 28th April 2010, 08:34     #21482
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

well it is a weakened form of the same virus, thats how vaccines make your body generate the right anti bodies. so it makes sense that he feels flu like symptoms.
Old 28th April 2010, 09:12     #21483
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrtigo
well it is a weakened form of the same virus, thats how vaccines make your body generate the right anti bodies. so it makes sense that he feels flu like symptoms.
Aren't the flu jabs from the previous season's strain of the flu?
Old 28th April 2010, 09:37     #21484
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I got a flu jab as an experiment - and I got sick.

Therefore, the flu jab is a waste of time.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:05     #21485
xpandnz

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...in-New-Zealand

What.....The.....Fuck?
Old 28th April 2010, 10:15     #21486
gentle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Remind me again why growing cannabis is illegal?
In this latest bust the police stated it would have caused millions of dollars in 'social harm', the definition of social harm and how they can attach a monetary value to it is yet to be figured out. Nevertheless, because all the little old ladies who vote have heard this magical piece of propaganda they will undoubtedly have confirmation bias when it comes to any debate on the matter.

Your tax dollars at work.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:27     #21487
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Eh hello. My names Tim and I'm a criminal,
In the eyes of society I need to be in jail
For the choice of herbs I inhale.
This ain't no wholesale operation
Just a few eighths and some Playstations my vocation
I pose a threat to the nation
Old 28th April 2010, 10:36     #21488
Juju
get to da choppa

They bought it on themselves. IANAL but if they weren't so blatantly blatant about selling the products as weed producing machines, then they would still be in business.

When I say blatantly blatant - I mean the reports that they sold weed over the counter, gave specific advice on how to grow the best chronic and even grew their own out the back.
If they just went "I dunno, google it" when a customer asked how to grow weed, then they should be sweet because they are not "knowingly" selling the equipment to someone who is going to use it to grow chronic.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:43     #21489
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
The flu shot doesn't give you the flu.. so yeah..
I didn't realise you copied and pasted FROM facebook

do you see how random your post looked with the assumption above :P
Old 28th April 2010, 10:46     #21490
gentle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
They bought it on themselves. IANAL but if they weren't so blatantly blatant about selling the products as weed producing machines, then they would still be in business.

When I say blatantly blatant - I mean the reports that they sold weed over the counter, gave specific advice on how to grow the best chronic and even grew their own out the back.
If they just went "I dunno, google it" when a customer asked how to grow weed, then they should be sweet because they are not "knowingly" selling the equipment to someone who is going to use it to grow chronic.
You know, that may have never actually happened, in fact that was just what the police have alleged. So yeah, make sure you can confirm these things in an unbiased way and then you won't look like such a shill for the police.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:58     #21491
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle
You know, that may have never actually happened, in fact that was just what the police have alleged. So yeah, make sure you can confirm these things in an unbiased way and then you won't look like such a shill for the police.
One owner on the wireless today indicated that the only staff that got arrested at his shop were the ones that the cops had recorded giving details on how to use the items on sale for nefarious purposes.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:17     #21492
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:

Not to mention their really subtle logo.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:28     #21493
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
I haven't been to a SOG, but I really doubt that with so many stores and so many staff in a trade which is 99% dealing with dope growers, that the police would have to "lie" about the accusations.
Sure they may never have happened - that will be decided in court. But you seem to have an ingrained distrust in what the police say so I won't bother harping on about it.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:34     #21494
gentle

I would say I'm prudent. That you're trying to paint me as someone who distrusts the police makes me think you're a cop who is trying to back up his buddies. See, it goes both ways mate.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:37     #21495
Thomas Meatball

Indignant guy is indignant.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:38     #21496
Reformed_Quint

^^ ooooOOOOooooo

If SOG was growing out the back, lol on them.

Coco medium though, noice.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:17     #21497
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
I would say I'm prudent. That you're trying to paint me as someone who distrusts the police makes me think you're a cop who is trying to back up his buddies. See, it goes both ways mate.
I'm not a cop, nor do I have any cop buddies. Nor would I try and defend them if they did do something illegal or entrapping.
I just find it unlikely that they would report something like "Our undercover officers purchased equipment, were given advice on how to grow cannabis, and even purchased cannabis clones and other drugs over the counter from these offenders" if it didn't happen.
I don't really have a problem with SOG or their operations. I'm just saying if they did what they were alleged to have done, then they really had it coming.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:21     #21498
xpandnz

I been to SOG many times. The one in Manukau, bought heaps of bongs and pipes when I was younger and never assumed that they grew weed, nor could I ever smell it. I'm sure if they grew it there it would smell so badly. I mean hyrdo gives you that skunky-wunky put it in the air -oooweeee.

Any one remember Pipe Dreams? That still around?
Old 28th April 2010, 12:27     #21499
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpandnz
I been to SOG many times. The one in Manukau, bought heaps of bongs and pipes when I was younger and never assumed that they grew weed, nor could I ever smell it. I'm sure if they grew it there it would smell so badly. I mean hyrdo gives you that skunky-wunky put it in the air -oooweeee.

Sure is. My good mate worked there for a bit - Difference is when people asked anything directly to do with weed they would shrug and say don't know what you're talking about. "Where can I buy weed?", "Are these bongs for smoking weed?" etc...
It's all pretty obvious that the whole shop is for weed utensils, but from a legal POV it's a lot safer to pretend they are all tobacco utensils and vases.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:31     #21500
xpandnz

Yeah totally. I can't remember asking the guy who worked at the Manukau store anything about where to buy weed but we all knew what the stuff he had was for. We did ask him sometimes about what certain chemicals did to the growing process and how the lights affected this and that and he always discussed how people grow 'tomatoes' in their homes. People can grow what they want.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:31     #21501
^BITES^

Quote:

Ozone generators > Smell.

Pipe dreams are still in Vic Park markets ?.... dunno havent been there in many year but that was their last place afaik.

Still fucking hilarious NZ police play this out like they've busted the biggest criminal threat to NZ life.... WEED ZOMG!!!

Go bust crack heads you morons, the ones that actually shoot/stab/cut/bleed people for fucked up reasons .. or lack of sleep or both.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Last edited by ^BITES^ : 28th April 2010 at 12:32.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:39     #21502
davx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^BITES^
Ozone generators > Smell.

Pipe dreams are still in Vic Park markets ?.... dunno havent been there in many year but that was their last place afaik.

Still fucking hilarious NZ police play this out like they've busted the biggest criminal threat to NZ life.... WEED ZOMG!!!

Go bust crack heads you morons, the ones that actually shoot/stab/cut/bleed people for fucked up reasons .. or lack of sleep or both.
AMEN Brother!

How many news stories are about this guy who was on a crack binge or alcohol binge and ended up driving into another person or kidnapping / raping / stealing / shooting / stabbing / killing to get an extra $20 to get another hit.

How many of those stories involve pot... aside from the potential sale... none. Open your fucking eyes NZ Police / Government.... weed isn't the problem.
Old 28th April 2010, 13:26     #21503
Lightspeed

Quote:
Yup, freakin' muppets. There's a place in Queen St, can't remember the name. They're all about "we can't sell this for use with marijuana". They also sell lots of legal herbs (that I imagine are shit).

It's easy enough to sell stuff that could be used for weed without ever mentioning it.
Old 28th April 2010, 13:43     #21504
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
oh come on man

IANAF but godDAMN that kid is hawt
Old 28th April 2010, 13:57     #21505
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
you'd do the same for linkin park tbh

baby baby baby OH
Old 28th April 2010, 14:14     #21506
Reformed_Quint

Check this.
Now I don't normally toot my horn at older drivers and generally give them more room and patiences because... well... they are useless.
Preamble aside, I was pulling out of a street, onto another street (names don't really matter since you fucks are all south of the brynderwyns) Traffic was stopped at the lights and there was a gap left open, me, being a competent driver thought, shit yea, i'll take that - so swung the vehicle wide so i'd come in nice and square, nah mean? Anyway, the person that had left the hole, some old dumb bitch, started on her horn, i'm talking full 20 second blasts for the duration of the red light.

Seriously, WTF? http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=CKK107

So from now on, old people are fair game, hopefully I can manage to get one to rear-end my truck, I need a new bumper.
Old 28th April 2010, 14:29     #21507
StN
I have detailed files

This picture you paint is a little ambiguous - is it piossible she left the hole for any traffic that may come from your direction and turn right, and your merging with the queue plugged that hole?
Old 28th April 2010, 14:30     #21508
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
This picture you paint is a little ambiguous - is it piossible she left the hole for any traffic that may come from your direction and turn right, and your merging with the queue plugged that hole?
Nope, one way street.
Old 28th April 2010, 14:36     #21509
StN
I have detailed files

Ok - I'm leaning towards partial justification of your horn rage then.
Old 28th April 2010, 14:39     #21510
Reformed_Quint

Really... how? I can't see why I deserved horn rage? The street that i was pulling out of is impossible to get out of unless someone lets you in, there was a gap in a queue of traffic, which wasn't moving how is it bad for me to take the initiative and move into the gap?

I just can't win this week.
Old 28th April 2010, 14:43     #21511
StN
I have detailed files

Sorry - I meant your rage of the horn.
Old 28th April 2010, 14:57     #21512
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan
oh come on man

48 kg's of "hawtness". jeesus most NZ girls would be able to throw him around like a ragdoll.

ps. hawtness in quotes as IANAF either, and the kid will be a drugged up fuck head by the time he's 25. You heard it here first.

Last edited by Juju : 28th April 2010 at 14:59.
Old 28th April 2010, 15:14     #21513
Fx.

more than 60,000 Facebook users invited themselves to fellow Australian Kate Miller's birthday party.

But the joke may in fact be on the gatecrashers as the entire meme - and Miller herself - has now been revealed to be the brainchild of Adelaide-based serial online prankster David Thorne.

fuck you david thorne D:
Old 28th April 2010, 15:41     #21514
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
48 kg's of "hawtness". jeesus most NZ girls would be able to throw him around like a ragdoll..
I wouldn't recommend taking this slapper's offer
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...ves-want-a-hug

she'd break him in half!
Old 28th April 2010, 16:09     #21515
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
I wouldn't recommend taking this slapper's offer
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...ves-want-a-hug

she'd break him in half!

Fairly conservative anglo saxan name with bogan alternate spelling: Check
From a bogan town: Check
Thief: Check

She's a winner!
Old 28th April 2010, 16:14     #21516
lektronimo

If you get quoted verbally for a car repair, lets say $400, and you take your car in which gets repaired for a new price of $600, can you take the mechanic to court? My olds are having a tiff with some mechanic jerks over a POS Mazda (Mazdas... )
Old 28th April 2010, 16:21     #21517
Reformed_Quint

Jews.
Old 28th April 2010, 16:22     #21518
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan
oh come on man

Really? You don't think he's got big weird teeth?
Old 28th April 2010, 16:25     #21519
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lektronimo
If you get quoted verbally for a car repair, lets say $400, and you take your car in which gets repaired for a new price of $600, can you take the mechanic to court? My olds are having a tiff with some mechanic jerks over a POS Mazda (Mazdas... )
Seems pretty standard. I'd expect the mechanic to make disclaimers when making the quote, but I always factor in plus or minus 50% of the quote.
Old 28th April 2010, 16:37     #21520
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lektronimo
"The Disputes Tribunal provides New Zealanders with a quick, inexpensive, informal and private way to help resolve a wide range of civil disputes.": http://www.justice.govt.nz/tribunals/disputes-tribunal