User Name
Password

Old 21st July 2010, 22:08     #23721
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
Cougar Town is shit.
I thought it was funny, in an Early Scrubs kind of way. (It's by the same writers).

I hear people are put off by Courtney Cox though. Which is understandable, because she's just dreadful.
Old 21st July 2010, 22:12     #23722
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Cougar Town is shit.
I've been assuming it's another Desperate Housewives and haven't bothered watching it.
Old 21st July 2010, 22:24     #23723
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
I finally got the connection: Julia Gillard looks like Tilda Swinton

I knew I recognised her from somewhere but I couldn't place it. Constantine!
Old 21st July 2010, 22:41     #23724
MadMax
Stuff

i think this has come up before, but for an aucklander doing an 8 to 5 job, what time do you wake up, get to work, finish work, get home?
Old 21st July 2010, 22:47     #23725
mpx

I wake up at 7.00, leave Manurewa about 7.20 - 7.25.
Travel 26km into CBD and get there at about 8.45 - 8.50. My transport is motorcycle so I'm filtering with all the other motorcycle commuters.

Hometime is horrible just for the sheer fact of getting *to* the motorway in the CBD. I finish either 4.30, 5.00 or even 6.00. Usually takes 30 - 45 minutes depending on the traffic. /edit; sometimes I just work until 6.00 because if I leave just after 5.00 pm the time of arrival to home isn't all that different due to congestion.

So that's a 52km daily commute. I would calculate an additional hour onto those times if I were in a car.

Last edited by mpx : 21st July 2010 at 22:49.
Old 21st July 2010, 22:55     #23726
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
sometimes I just work until 6.00
do you get paid for that?
Old 21st July 2010, 23:03     #23727
mpx

I get TOIL which lets me sleep in when I accumulate enough ;p
Old 21st July 2010, 23:36     #23728
p01s0n

what the fuck is going on here

why the fuck is scrollspeed in 8bit for some posts, and classic white for other posts, on the same page.

Dunno if I can handle this witchery, wiggin the fuck out over here
Old 21st July 2010, 23:46     #23729
Lightspeed

Just like I sez, it's got a life of it's own.
Old 22nd July 2010, 09:18     #23730
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Cougar Town is shit.
BAN HIM.

Edit - it's actually very funny and witty. Totally makes sense that it has the same writers as Scrubs. If you can get past Courtney Cox looking like she belongs in Madame Tussaud's you'll be fine.

Last edited by chiquelet : 22nd July 2010 at 09:21.
Old 22nd July 2010, 09:52     #23731
[WanG] Wandarah

^^^

I like it too - Barb is awesome.
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:06     #23732
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
very funny and witty
When I viewed it last night, I tried very hard to find both of those things but all I found was 'dull and over-reaching'.

That's okay though, I probably like movies you hate
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:26     #23733
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
When I viewed it last night, I tried very hard to find both of those things but all I found was 'dull and over-reaching'.
Ah I haven't watched last night's though so maybe it blew. The only other tv shows I watch are 30 Rock, BBT, Sea Patrol (lol), and Mythbusters, so Cougartown is a nice change of pace. It makes me actual lol.
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:08     #23734
tarzan007

o_O

So the Vodafone website has instructions for setting up your new ipad

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/ipad/

However there is no step there informing the new customers to turn WiFi back on....who's going to be creaming it for the first month? Vodafone is.

Old 22nd July 2010, 13:12     #23735
LordP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
what the fuck is going on here
The javascript that's making the colour changes happen can only target one of his titles, not all of them, so it ends up that only the first one changes.
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:24     #23736
Cyberbob

Bankruptcies declining - Baycorp

Quote:
The number of bankruptcies recorded against debt managed by collection agency Baycorp has fallen sharply since the introduction of the no assets procedure (NAP) last year.

At the same time, the amount of legal action pursued by Baycorp in an effort to recover money owed to creditors has risen.

The agency today said nearly 1300 bankruptcies were recorded against debt it managed in the first half of this year. Last year there were 6000.

The NAP option was for debtors unable to pay their debts, and was designed to provide those experiencing financial difficulty with an alternative to bankruptcy, Baycorp said.

But unlike bankruptcy, which stayed on a creditor's record for up to seven years, the NAP was wiped after four years and those involved could typically apply for credit again after only one year. When a debtor entered a NAP, the debt was frozen on the date of entry and wiped on discharge.
Well, duh.
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:58     #23737
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Ah I haven't watched last night's though so maybe it blew. The only other tv shows I watch are 30 Rock, BBT, Sea Patrol (lol), and Mythbusters, so Cougartown is a nice change of pace. It makes me actual lol.
I've never watched any more than a few minutes of Cougartown. I haven't been able to watch more than that. It just seems to be the same as any other insipid sitcom that's on tv these days. Insipid disposable comedy. Anyone who pays for dvds of comedy like this is a person happy to settle for mediocrity.

Oh yeah, Sea Patrol is shit too. At least you loled at yourself for watching that :P It's just trying so hard to be dramatic and achieves only melodrama *sigh* I weep for the state of television comedy these days.

Oh, 30 Rock is good though. That and Curb Your Enthusiasm, comedies made for adults rather than some shitty watered down crap made for the widest demographic possible.

/rant

Two weeks and a handful of days left. It's going to be hard. The other guy here stuffs around so much. So sick of watching him ignore work that we both share but not wanting to 'manage' him because people that 'manage' people are cocks. I wonder if I should just say "Fuck it, I'm never coming back here" and lay down the law.

Naaah, I'm a nice guy.
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:10     #23738
[WanG] Wandarah

I feel so bad for enjoying Cougar Town.

It's not like it's Two and a Half Men, or Everybody Loves Raymond.

It's good fast writing, it's only 20 minutes long - and anyone who doesn't think Barb is awesome is dead inside.
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:15     #23739
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Sea Patrol is so full of unf. Unf + military + drama = A+++ show for me.

Sometimes I just need mediocrity, you know? If I wasn't a bazillion seasons behind Curb Your Enthusiasm I'd be watching it. I'm really hoping that Community gets picked up by one of the NZ networks because it sounds really good and Joel McHale is a DILF. Win/Win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah
It's not like it's Two and a Half Men, or Everybody Loves Raymond.
Truth. How that show kills in the ratings absolutely enrages me. And Sheen gets paid an horrific sum for pure mediocrity. It blows.

Last edited by chiquelet : 22nd July 2010 at 14:16.
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:15     #23740
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
I feel so bad for enjoying Cougar Town.
You should. In fact, you should feel ashamed.
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:15     #23741
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP
The javascript that's making the colour changes happen can only target one of his titles, not all of them, so it ends up that only the first one changes.
I came into RT to specifically ask the question poison asked, only to see it answered as well!
bravo!!
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:16     #23742
[WanG] Wandarah

Old 22nd July 2010, 14:39     #23743
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Two weeks and a handful of days left. It's going to be hard. The other guy here stuffs around so much. So sick of watching him ignore work that we both share but not wanting to 'manage' him because people that 'manage' people are cocks. I wonder if I should just say "Fuck it, I'm never coming back here" and lay down the law.
I would also ignore the work you both share, what are they gonna do? Fire you? Just relax and cruise along, soon you'll be gone and it wont be your problem.
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:40     #23744
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Sea Patrol is so full of unf. Unf + military + drama = A+++ show for me.
Lawl, I read too many books and watch too many documentaries about the military to be able to tolerate Sea Patrol. But I guess if you can suspend your disbelief enough to enjoy then more power to you. i still think it's crap though

Quote:
Sometimes I just need mediocrity, you know? If I wasn't a bazillion seasons behind Curb Your Enthusiasm I'd be watching it.
Do ya reckon it's the sort of show where you need to keep up with what's happening though? Comedy Central is playing it at the moment, but so far only old eps (grr). You could always rent it and do a big catch up. It's gotta be more worthwhile than, say, a Buffy marathon.

Quote:
I'm really hoping that Community gets picked up by one of the NZ networks because it sounds really good and Joel McHale is a DILF. Win/Win.
Yeah, he's really sexy... I mean uhh.. He's funny on The Soup anyway.

Quote:
That's the way!
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:41     #23745
tarzan007

Quote:
I'm really hoping that Community gets picked up by one of the NZ networks because it sounds really good and Joel McHale is a DILF. Win/Win.
Yup, TV3 have the rights - will most likely be on C4. And I wouldn't be surprised if it gets shoved in a stupid timeslot, and then they wonder why it doesn't rate well...
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:45     #23746
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
It's gotta be more worthwhile than, say, a Buffy marathon.
Hey! Nothing wrong with Buffy.. Take it back! Take it baaaaack!
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:57     #23747
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Do ya reckon it's the sort of show where you need to keep up with what's happening though?
Is it not? Sweet as. I'll give it a whirl on Comedy Central then, and all the better if they're old episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzan007
Yup, TV3 have the rights - will most likely be on C4.
Awesome!
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:19     #23748
Jodi

I like cougar town. I also liked scrubs. Meh.
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:21     #23749
CCS
Stunt Pants

Well, I've never really detected any sort of theme or plot that you need to keep up with. Larry's wife left him at some point, I think they might be back together in the newer eps, but that's about it. The episodes can stand on their own.
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:46     #23750
Cyberbob

I think i've shot myself in the foot with regards to drivers licenses by coming over to oz.. Once I transfer my license over to a Victoria one, I need to keep a probationary license for 3 years before it becomes a full one.

If I'd just got my full in NZ, It'd transfer immediately to a full here.

bah

Last edited by Cyberbob : 22nd July 2010 at 16:48.
Old 22nd July 2010, 17:00     #23751
Fx.

hence why i got my full when i was over here for holiduay

you cant drive anyways
Old 22nd July 2010, 17:58     #23752
Cyberbob

What the christ is a diplomatic cable?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...ve-been-leaked
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:31     #23753
dylan
Huh?

EXCUSE ME SIR I BELIEVE THERE IS A TELEGRAPH COMING THROUGH FOR YOU

STOP

Nah I dunno. Always bummed me out I wasn't born early enough to send a "telex", whatever the fuck that was. I just remember seeing it on letterheads from time to time and going ooOOooh that's some pretty futuristic shit right there
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:10     #23754
Redneck

Yeah I think it's just a nickname now although apparently you can still send real telegrams so who knows - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telegra...egram_services
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:15     #23755
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Lawl, I've jerked off into too many Tom Clancy novels to be able to tolerate Sea Patrol.
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:19     #23756
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
I think i've shot myself in the foot with regards to drivers licenses by coming over to oz.. Once I transfer my license over to a Victoria one, I need to keep a probationary license for 3 years before it becomes a full one.

If I'd just got my full in NZ, It'd transfer immediately to a full here.

bah
So you didn't have a full licence in NZ?
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:19     #23757
CCS
Stunt Pants

No Ab, not novels. I've never read a Clancy book in my life. Non-fiction books.
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:21     #23758
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I've never read a Clancy book
Exactly.
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:22     #23759
CCS
Stunt Pants

wat
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:22     #23760
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
i think this has come up before, but for an aucklander doing an 8 to 5 job, what time do you wake up, get to work, finish work, get home?
I live in Mangere bridge and leave just before 7:30am and get to work in Newmarket before 8am. I finish just before 5 and get home within 20-25min