Password

Old 19th April 2000, 20:17     #241
Skipper

Imagine the look on her face if he did! She'd be like, WHAT THE FUCK??? LOL

Old 20th April 2000, 01:03     #242
Boyd-Work
Frank's Pickle Barrel Ass

Ab: That's basically what my dad said when we left

Ummm, for those that still don't get it, I drew this up quickly in Paint just now. Please excuse it, it's not to scale and it ain't pretty. It should explain ok though

Crash!

-----

PS: Screw XOOM.com and their pissant little tosviol.gif POS

[This message has been edited by Boyd-Work (edited 20 April 2000).]

Old 20th April 2000, 14:14     #243
Mog

Big Smile

Ah now I can totally visualise the accident and it all makes sense! how on earth did she think she had a case? scary.
cheers Boyd, I only read books with pictures you see

Old 22nd April 2000, 01:31     #244
Heresy
yawn.

Sorry I'm a little slow to catch up on this, but I been on holiday you see

Thats some impressive art there BOYD - you want to join my 3l337 webdesign ring?

Good stuff man, layin the smack down, etc etc

Old 22nd April 2000, 08:03     #245
Boyd-Work

Heresy: lol

You just count yourself lucky I didn't try and draw the Mobil logo (is it a horse or a dragon? Can't remember ) on the yellow block that's supposed to be the station

Old 22nd April 2000, 09:01     #246
chiQ
Frag-muff

Thumbs up

BOYD I think "girls" is more appropriate really, given the company we keep here

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Good to see you came out with the whip hand. BIG congrats.

Old 22nd April 2000, 10:59     #247
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Laugh

He had me in his hand?

Well no wonder he didn't lose!

Old 22nd April 2000, 12:30     #248
chiQ
Frag-muff

Wink

Whippy: Grubby boy, go away :Þ

Old 22nd April 2000, 13:40     #249
p-b

Hey Boyd, can you try and replicate the exagerrated drawings that the chick drew?

Old 22nd April 2000, 14:02     #250
Boyd-Work

If I am to understand that there is more female input on this board than just your own, then I stand corrected It's nice to know there's a feminine touch here *fart*.

OTOH, if it's some kind of seedy in-joke you have with Whippy, I don't wanna know

Thanks all the same though, really appreciate it

Old 22nd April 2000, 14:10     #251
Boyd-Work

Poo-Bum: The only drawing I ever saw from her was the one she did in the hearing last week

As far as I remember, it wasn't actually that exaggerated, if it all. The main flaw IMO was that she was placing her car *way* too far to the front of the queue, to overstate my ability to see her reverse lights. That falls in line with her feeble attempt to use bogus photographs to back herself up

At any rate, I may have been able to see her reverse lights; but it's irrelevant because her reversal had not begun until well after I had entered the carriageway. In other words, I had pulled up, checked for traffic, pulled out, and then she began her little manoeuvre.

Let me put it this way: Anzac St is a wide road. She says she reversed 2-3 metres, which I'd agree with. There is no WAY she could've begun to reverse before I pulled out, and still have only travelled 2-3 metres by the time I passed by her.

I mean really, her manoeuvre was about 2 metres in length. The distance between the collision and the Mobil entrance is at LEAST 10 metres, if not more.

In other words, if she had begun to reverse before I pulled out, that would mean she had travelled 2 metres in the time that I had travelled 10. Either I was speeding *badly*, or she didn't reverse when she says she did (and hence, did not have reverse lights engaged when she says she did).

Let's just say I'm not in the business of speeding out of Mobil stations.

I hope that makes a bit of sense

Old 22nd April 2000, 17:38     #252
Hyper-USA
Locked Account

Laugh

Gesus christ boyd that chic is a friggen nutter, wasnt she watching were she was going, wasnt her dad in the car at the time of the axident didnt you say?

Hey nice drawing in paint man im very impressed heheh

Old 22nd April 2000, 19:54     #253
chiQ
Frag-muff

Nah these guys are all just girley-boys...there are of course other chicks; Fenchurch, Ponty Pon, Chaoswolf, etc. but I didn't mean them...they're women

Old 23rd April 2000, 03:22     #254
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Kapai BOYD! I'm glad the system works for some people

Old 26th April 2000, 16:07     #255
Boofhead

whoa BOYD, you're nearly as good as me with the ole MSPaint

Old 26th April 2000, 19:05     #256
Boyd-Work

Awww man!

Everyone's mocking my Paint skills heheh

Old 3rd December 2002, 21:33     #257
Boyd-Work

Umm, saw Simon's thread about.. this thread.. and realised the ending is missing just like Xanatos said.

There WAS a court hearing, the following April, which went well. She turned up with her old man, and he looked exactly the way I had imagined him..

I don't really remember how it went exactly, but I do remember that he got in trouble for passing her notes repeatedly during the hearing heh.. pretty classic. The general gist of it was that she didn't really know what she was talking about.. I almost got the impression (from her reticence, the way she was muddling facts, etc) that she didn't wanna be there, that she was just fighting a battle by proxy on behalf of her old man

I almost felt sorry for him, he looked like the kind of guy who'd struggle to find $800 (or whatever it was, I forget), but then I remembered what a dirty cunt he'd been and the ways he'd tried to embarrass and defraud me.

Anyway.. that was it, haven't heard a peep from them ever since. Sorry for drudging up an old thread, but the ending was missing

edit Ab: After reading this post by Boyd, I realised that there was a THIRD "18 Y.O.F.D." thread, the third being the conclusion. After a bit of searching I found it and merged it with the rest of the story, so it's now the April-2000 section of this thread, and has a bit more info. Sorry Boyd, I guess I just made this post of yours redundant

Old 3rd December 2002, 21:43     #258
AceJase
Got 1337?

Thumbs up

Such a classic tale of love, hate, drama & suspense. Good work Boyd

Old 3rd December 2002, 21:47     #259
nostrom0

HEH this was a great read :-) nice one

Old 3rd December 2002, 22:09     #260
ilk

I'm such a noob. Had no idea about the origins of BOYD.

Old 4th December 2002, 00:39     #261
Spack

Quote:
Originally posted by ilk
I'm such a noob. Had no idea about the origins of BOYD.

Old 4th December 2002, 11:33     #262
Carnage

But what happened Boyd? What was the sentance? How much shit did they get into? I gots ta know!

Old 4th December 2002, 13:46     #263
Boyd-Work

Simon: Hah, I couldn't remember if I'd done a third or not.. Ta

Carnage: They were in for about a grand or so.. during the hearing the referee asked me if I'd pursue the matter any further if she ruled in my favour.. I said no.

I could've pressed it if I'd wanted to, there was definitely scope for it, considering what had been done.. but I also didn't want to come across as vindictive and petty in a court hearing over a car smash. Hayley and her old man did that more than enough for the both of us, and it probably did them no good in the eyes of the referee who probably has to deal with 20 of those cases a week.

So yeah.. they were just in for the repair costs, and the costs of staging the hearing. Not a great deal, but it was as much symbolic as anything.. wouldn't have mattered if it was $1 or $1,000.. the look on their faces when they finally realised they had lost superceded everything else

Old 4th December 2002, 13:54     #264
Simon
SHG

Well I just re-read the saga... Boyd, I'm buying you AND your Dad a beer next time I'm in your neighbourhood

Old 4th December 2002, 13:55     #265
Boyd-Work

That'd be the local tavern in Orewa, but sure

Old 4th December 2002, 13:58     #266
Carnage

Such a pity you didn't have a digital camera, you could have pointed it at them and said: "Smile, you're on the internet!"

Old 5th December 2002, 01:04     #267
[BT]MikeMan

BOYD.

Did you ever lodge the complaint with the Obudsman?

If so what was the result?

Old 5th December 2002, 01:27     #268
Boyd-Work

Nope. Like I said above, I told the court I'd drop it if it found in my favour. I'm sure I could've, and would've been able to take it an awfully long way if I'd wanted to press it.. but the way I saw it was that I could only endear myself to the referee by saying I'd let it slide.

Not sure if that makes sense.. I'm a bit zonked from the big philosophical debate on Maori rights in the other thread.. hopefully it's clear enough

Old 5th December 2002, 01:44     #269
TnT

Thumbs up

3 years on and it still cracks me up, glad you posted in this thread BOYD, I'd actually missed the court hearing saga.

Old 5th December 2002, 09:05     #270
Cinclant

Thumbs up

I'm buying Hayley a drink next time I see her!

Old 5th December 2002, 09:22     #271
[BT]Monza

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Boyd-Work
That'd be the local tavern in Orewa, but sure
Muldoon's ok?
Best thread ever, thanks BOYD

Old 24th February 2004, 17:23     #272
QWERTY?

oh

my

god

you should make a movie out of this saga

sensational! !

Old 24th February 2004, 17:51     #273
PsyK

what a pain in the ass, i feel sorry for you

Old 24th February 2004, 18:24     #274
Simon
SHG

Yup, this remains pure gold. Boyd, my offer to you and your Dad stands indefinitely.

Old 24th February 2004, 18:33     #275
p-b

You'll have their babies?

Old 24th February 2004, 18:38     #276
Undertaker

Rated.

Old 24th February 2004, 18:39     #277
Jin

qwerty sucks

rated

Old 24th February 2004, 20:15     #278
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally posted by QWERTY?
oh

my

god

you should make a movie out of this saga

sensational! !
but who would play boyd?

im thinking it could be a wacky hi-jinks movie involving Pink playing the 18yrold hoe and jerry seinfield playing boyd

"ok so whats with those people who drive onto carraigeways and reverse, i mean whats with that? its crazy isnt it"

then as a cameo Kramer could pop into the court room trying to sell popcorn and hotdogs to make a quick buck

Old 24th February 2004, 20:24     #279
sv
simulationszeitalter

What a cool story. Boyd, you rule.

Old 24th February 2004, 21:20     #280
Cyberbob

Thumbs up

how the hell did i miss this gem back in the day!
this is priceless