Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 17th April 2019, 13:43     #6921
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Umbrella Academy Season 2?
Finally got around to watching Umbrella Academy.
I really enjoyed it.
Old 17th April 2019, 14:25     #6922
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Finally got around to watching Umbrella Academy.
I really enjoyed it.
Also really enjoyed it. Had no idea it was based off a graphic novel from the my chemical romance guy
Old 17th April 2019, 14:36     #6923
BoyWonder

Quote:
1, that is such a random thing to be doing. Lets join together for a show that includes violence, rape, incest etc etc.

2, I wonder if they ever thought about how many deaths and backstabbing has been done by Friends, Family & Colleagues in GoT.

lol
Depending on who you work with that sounds frustrating as hell. GoT should only be viewed with like minded people who can cope with being quiet for a sustained amount of time.
Old 17th April 2019, 20:55     #6924
kRAdENkO

Enjoying One Punch Man season 2.
Old 18th April 2019, 01:45     #6925
crocos

Ooh - going to look for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Yeah - so all our My-Sky boxes are set for 13:00 tomorrow, and I'll just leave this here...

https://youtu.be/jsYAYXeVtoM
Too cold, too cold.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 18th April 2019, 13:08     #6926
crocos

So who's looking forward to the End of the World? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ7aNKHlUzs (Damn this looks good!)

Old 18th April 2019, 14:57     #6927
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
So who's looking forward to the End of the World? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ7aNKHlUzs (Damn this looks good!)
IN
Old 18th April 2019, 17:04     #6928
Cyberbob

Wow, in. Had no idea it was being made.
Old 19th April 2019, 01:06     #6929
crocos

And to contrast the cheerful genial wittiness of Good Omens: The Boys is also being made by Amazon Prime, based on the comic series of the same name though it looks not-quite as gritty even if quite dark. Also Hughie not being a ginger Scotsman is a tad odd. Good casting (at least visually) for Butcher tho.

Old 30th April 2019, 00:06     #6930
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

That episode of GOT has really messed with my health and well-being 😅 Such intensity throughout the whole thing..
Old 30th April 2019, 00:21     #6931
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I only just downloaded it - gotta get the kids in bed then start watching...
Old 30th April 2019, 10:59     #6932
Macca@Work

It was probably the best episode I've seen.But they cram so much in I almost have to watch it twice to try to get everything in.
Old 30th April 2019, 11:08     #6933
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

I loved the episode but is anyone else feeling like it has lost the GRRM touch? Everything feels a bit predictable all of a sudden.
Old 30th April 2019, 12:14     #6934
pxpx

If you predicted Arya was going to kill the Night King before Melisandre talked to her after being rescued by Beric and the Hound then please pick my lotto numbers
Old 30th April 2019, 12:20     #6935
fixed_truth

I've never read the books but previous season events go not necessarily how you'd want them to. So far it's a bit of a fairy-tale ending but hey there's another three episodes with the possibility of being crushed by.
Old 30th April 2019, 14:01     #6936
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I only just downloaded it - gotta get the kids in bed then start watching...
I didn't get to start watching it till 11.30. It was a late night.
Old 30th April 2019, 14:33     #6937
Lightspeed

I thought the desperation was portrayed well. But it seemed people kept getting overwhelmed, then popping up still alive and fighting in a later scene.

Arya ftw.
Old 30th April 2019, 17:56     #6938
Cyberbob

Upside down

Rince just put me onto Letterkenny. How has no one showed me this show before. There's some real gold in here.
Old 30th April 2019, 21:28     #6939
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I thought the desperation was portrayed well. But it seemed people kept getting overwhelmed, then popping up still alive and fighting in a later scene.

Arya ftw.
aye
Old 30th April 2019, 22:14     #6940
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Holy shit it’s the winter soldier

https://t.co/PxedhN4p8g
Old 30th April 2019, 23:52     #6941
Lightspeed

Yeah, that's epic. No wonder she looks so cool and self-assured in her social media stuff. Maisie could legit take someone on in a knife fight.

Of the complaints of the last episode, the complaint I don't have that's going around is Arya being able to kill the Night King so easily. That was literally their plan. Set up the Night King to expose himself in a way he never had before by using the Three-Eyed-Raven as bait.
Old 1st May 2019, 12:09     #6942
blynk

exactly it wasn't easy.
They lured him out and tried to kill him with dragon fire and that failed. Jon tried to get to him with his sword. That failed twice (first the dead rising, then the dragon again.
So Arya, who has been shown previously (and in this episode) to be able to make herself unseen, and is an assassin who is able to get the jump of several great fighters was the person that was able to get to him.
But it would have been known by Bran & Mel (when they met). That is why she had the dagger
Old 1st May 2019, 12:11     #6943
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
If you predicted Arya was going to kill the Night King before Melisandre talked to her after being rescued by Beric and the Hound then please pick my lotto numbers
I still felt they did a great job of taking our minds off Arya, and focusing on Jon, Dany, Theon etc.
Old 4th May 2019, 14:23     #6944
leadinjector

my beef with this episode is that any way you slice it, they played that battle out tremendously badly. an unknown number (but a number that will obviously be overwhelming) of undead horde and how do you sort your battle line? charge of the light brigade so you can watch your dothraki who have been with you since the start get completely wiped out for essentially no reason.

put your catapults in FRONT of the infantry so they get one shot and then get destroyed. ok.

have your entire army standing IN FRONT of the barricades you have put up so that if they need to retreat (and they will) they have to run through spike pits and shit.

have fuck all men on the walls or any defenses on the walls.

I mean have these people never played total war? the whole thing is such a clusterfuck. I get that they are all "were all gonna die anyway" but why die in vain? why not set your defenses so you have can at least hold them off as long as possible?

stupid battle ruined this episode for me
Old 4th May 2019, 22:19     #6945
Nich

Phyrric Victory

Ramsay Bolton had played Total War as judged by the way he crushed Stannis and almost crushed Jon Snow. Unfortunately his tactical mind was not available.
Old 6th May 2019, 00:40     #6946
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
I mean have these people never played total war?
Improved Battle Plans - A Defense in Depth for the Battle of Winterfell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA5mJRFaI8c

Total War player / streamer comes up with a better strategy
Old 6th May 2019, 01:27     #6947
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I dunno, I'm really starting to feel like the show has jumped the shark as the scripts have grown more independent of the books. The budgets are bigger and some of the scenes are fucking epic, but the plot just seems to have gone meh. The bad guys are increasingly bad. The good guys are increasingly good. The lead characters are increasingly unkillable. Immense distances between points are travelled in an instant because this week's action requires THIS character to be THERE.
Old 6th May 2019, 10:33     #6948
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I dunno, I'm really starting to feel like the show has jumped the shark as the scripts have grown more independent of the books. The budgets are bigger and some of the scenes are fucking epic, but the plot just seems to have gone meh. The bad guys are increasingly bad. The good guys are increasingly good. The lead characters are increasingly unkillable. Immense distances between points are travelled in an instant because this week's action requires THIS character to be THERE.
Yeah, couldn't agree more.
Old 6th May 2019, 10:38     #6949
Lightspeed

Yeah, it's clear they've moved from on Martin's which was what was so compelling in the first place.
Old 6th May 2019, 15:12     #6950
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Improved Battle Plans - A Defense in Depth for the Battle of Winterfell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA5mJRFaI8c

Total War player / streamer comes up with a better strategy
In a similar vein, military history professor declares Winterfell defence the stupidest fucking strategy ever:

https://nationalpost.com/entertainme...-of-winterfell
Old 6th May 2019, 15:36     #6951
Lightspeed

I guess we can only hope their strategic failure is part of the story. At this point I'm kinda hoping Cersei wins in the end.
Old 6th May 2019, 18:03     #6952
BoyWonder

Two points that spring to mind for me:

The Dothraki probably don't really do order-of-battle and were thinking "why wait here when the enemy are there? We charge at the enemy, their heads fall off and we win! Every single time!"

I don't recall if the trench digging was shown but maybe a lot of the work was done before everything was frozen and they were expecting to need a close ring of defense rather than a perimeter that could accommodate a large army?
Old 6th May 2019, 18:46     #6953
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Never attribute to secret strategy that which is adequately explained by lazy writing
Old 6th May 2019, 21:05     #6954
Cyberbob

If you want an epic night time battle done well, go re-watch The Lord of the Rings Two Towers, for the Battle of Helm's Deep.
Old 7th May 2019, 01:27     #6955
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I'm over the lot of them. Fuck them all and their shitty storylines and their shitty plots. Fuck the writers and the producers. Leading us on for eight seasons before turning to shit.
Old 7th May 2019, 01:44     #6956
Lightspeed

You need to relax, perhaps with a latte?

Old 7th May 2019, 07:39     #6957
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I'm over the lot of them. Fuck them all and their shitty storylines and their shitty plots. Fuck the writers and the producers. Leading us on for eight seasons before turning to shit.
JJ Abrams started it...
Old 7th May 2019, 13:37     #6958
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Immense distances between points are travelled in an instant because this week's action requires THIS character to be THERE.
Ive been been too concerned about it. There is little concept on time on the shows.

It could be days/weeks/months that pass.

What I found in Ep4 though It was weird about lots of talking. Then they are on the boats and then bang, dragon dead. Boats sunk. Then they were back at Winterfell, with lots of talking.

It felt like they had to quickly kill off a dragon to even it out a bit. Obviously part of it was to show that the dragons couldn't just blast everything, but the pace of it was wrong

Also the had Tyrion and Varys talking at winterfell, and then moments later them talking about the exact same topic on a boat.
Old 7th May 2019, 13:46     #6959
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Showrunners, seasons 1-7: "trust us all the sex scenes are necessary and done to advance the plot"

Sansa last night: "rapes made me clever"

Brienne, season 2-7: "I am the baddest 6-foot armoured androgynous motherfucker in the land"

Brienne last night: "a man put his penis in me and I warm his bed for him and cry a lot"

They're phoning it in now.
Old 7th May 2019, 13:50     #6960
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Also the had Tyrion and Varys talking at winterfell, and then moments later them talking about the exact same topic on a boat.
then moments later about the exact same topic in the throne room on Dragonstone