Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 23rd June 2014, 15:54     #361
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Muppets gonna mupp.

The sheer number of fails by Labour since Aunty left is almost unbelievable. She must be getting a sore face from all the palm strikes...
Old 25th June 2014, 09:26     #362
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
So, Sue Moroney has apparently put up some election hoardings from 6 years ago, if you are to believe WhaleOil's informant.

Note the url on the top billboard. Put that in your browser. See where it takes you. No, not goatse.cx. It's perfectly work safe... unless you work in Sue's office.
well spotted, bravo!
Old 25th June 2014, 14:07     #363
BoyWonder

Hold on, hold on I think you mean victim of dirty tricks not guilty of being dim.

Masking tape over the URL? Even if there was masking tape on to begin with it seems like a dumb idea.
Old 25th June 2014, 14:30     #364
spigalau

Old 25th June 2014, 14:39     #365
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWonder
Hold on, hold on I think you mean victim of dirty tricks not guilty of being dim.
HA! Well played Hamilton troll.
Old 25th June 2014, 16:04     #366
BoyWonder

If it were me I would have redirected it to the Internet Party site.
Old 25th June 2014, 18:14     #367
BoyWonder

I see that the redirect has been changed due to the offence that has been caused.
Old 25th June 2014, 18:15     #368
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

gaaaaaaaaaaaay. Should have gone to lemonparty.
Old 25th June 2014, 18:22     #369
BoyWonder

I see it is just throwing up randoms now.

Last edited by BoyWonder : 25th June 2014 at 18:25.
Old 25th June 2014, 19:28     #370
CCS
Stunt Pants

It directed me to this just now.

Lul.

Why doesn't their communications expert prevent this sort of thing from happening?
Old 25th June 2014, 19:41     #371
pxpx

Redirected me here: http://www.loonyparty.com/
Old 25th June 2014, 20:16     #372
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
It directed me to this just now.

Lul.

Why doesn't their communications expert prevent this sort of thing from happening?
Define "expert" :-)
Old 25th June 2014, 20:38     #373
CCS
Stunt Pants

Well... expert in a Labour sense.
Old 25th June 2014, 22:37     #374
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Well... expert in a Labour sense.
So Claire Curran?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 26th June 2014, 00:20     #375
CCS
Stunt Pants

Bingo!
Old 18th August 2014, 21:58     #376
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

Just so we're clear Nicky Hager doesn't actually call it hacking (that's the media being dumb asses).

Quote:
Nicky doesn’t call it a hack. He exposes and criticises the collaboration between the PM’s office and Cameron Slater. He says they accessed the database, dug around, and downloaded information.
Old 18th August 2014, 22:39     #377
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
they accessed the database, dug around, and downloaded information.
Didn't everybody? Hell, I probably still have some of the docs on a backup disk somewhere
Old 18th August 2014, 23:25     #378
verve_rat

In which case you too have committed a crime. You don't need to have broken security to run afoul of the law. Just not have the authority to access something and be "reckless as to whether or not he or she is authorised to access that computer system."

Although the next bit might be a saving grace:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crimes Act s252
To avoid doubt, subsection (1) does not apply if a person who is authorised to access a computer system accesses that computer system for a purpose other than the one for which that person was given access.
Does a web server being public count as authorising access?

Edit: also, we are talking about people close to the PM. Legal issues aside, ethics much? The right thing to do would be send off an email saying "Hey, your shit's open to the world, you might want to sort that." Not poke around and see what we can see.

Last edited by verve_rat : 18th August 2014 at 23:29.
Old 18th August 2014, 23:40     #379
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yeah, Nicky Hager should've done that. "Hey, Cam? Nicky. Look, some guy is trying to peddle your stolen emails. Just thought you should know."
Old 19th August 2014, 13:13     #380
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Labour's greatest achievement this week has been to hoodwink the NZ media into thinking this is a current issue, one that wasn't done to death with a conclusion of "Labour = incompetent" back in 2011.

The most accurate assessment from a spin POV was that of leftie strategist and former Labour staffer Phil Quin back in 2011:

Quote:
UPDATE 3: I am staggered by some the reaction to this. Am I missing something? If the general secretary doesn’t fall on his sword when head office effectively publishes confidential donor data without even an attempt to secure it in any way, shape or form, what would he have to do to warrant resignation? Run for the National Party? Arson? Serial homicide?

UPDATE 2: Here is Labour’s release on what they are rather strangely calling an “attack”. The files were sitting there, available for all-comers. Hardly an attack.

UPDATE: It was not technically a security breach at all because THERE WAS NO SECURITY. They collected donor information online and left it in the root directory for anyone with the inclination to raid it. Worse than I thought…

Labour’s General Secretary Chris Flatt should resign immediately over the breach of donor security revealed today by the WhaleOil blog. It is, as political resignations go, not even a close-run thing.

This is gross and unforgivable incompetence. It is a egregious breach of trust. It is humiliating for the donors whose financial transactions are soon to be made public. It endangers Labour’s already-parlous finances, and therefore represents a blow to its campaign coffers at just the wrong moment.

Blaming WhaleOil for publishing the information reflects another shocking example of the strategic naievete of Labour’s governing elites. Of course a right-wing blogger would run with it, just as I would happily leak the same information about the Nats or ACT. This is a contact sport. Don’t blub to the ref when you’ve been unilaterally pantsed.
Old 19th August 2014, 14:08     #381
Savage

"unilaterally pantsed"

Taking this for my phrase of the week
Old 4th December 2014, 20:45     #382
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Really impressed the labour party has figured out how to make emote icons in email subject lines. Reckon in 6 months time the nats will be all over it.

Old 3rd May 2015, 13:11     #383
CCS
Stunt Pants

Andrew Little not 'fan-girling' birth of royal baby
Quote:
"I had a week in London and the air was thick with anticipation, but I wasn't there to fan girl the royal arrival."
Little tries to be "hip" and "with it" by using the language of the yoof and completely fails.

What a moron.
Old 3rd May 2015, 14:16     #384
Lightspeed

/FellowKids
Old 29th March 2016, 11:47     #385
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Labour high-flyer and top communicator Sue Moroney weighs in on who the real Kiwis are:
Quote:
Sue Moroney
‏@suemoroney
9:50 AM - 28 Mar 2016

Just ' is you own a flash beach house doesn't mean you get to decide our flag. #democracy #FixChildPovertyInstead

Nek minit, Register of Pecuniary Interests

Quote:
Sue Moroney (Labour, List)
Holiday home (jointly owned), Coromandel
Old 30th March 2016, 12:37     #386
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Commence Operation Highly Visible Communications Trainwreck (a new one, I mean)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...od-flag-attack
Old 30th March 2016, 13:39     #387
CCS
Stunt Pants

Sue Moroney, the moron that keeps on giving. And keeps on perpetuating Labour's hatred of 'rich pricks'.

Quite how she arrives at the owner of the house thinking he gets to decide the flag because he's showing support for the flag is beyond me. Perhaps her words just need to be interpreted in that special way that she refuses to explain to us.
Old 30th March 2016, 14:18     #388
CCS
Stunt Pants

Remember: under a Labour govt, this rich prick would get $11,000 a year to buy flags and cushions with the flag on it and maybe a ride on mower for his flash beach house.
Old 4th May 2016, 11:45     #389
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

in response to a query on Labour's refugee policy, Labour leader Andrew Little replied

...o....k....
Old 4th May 2016, 11:46     #390
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
in response to a query on Labour's refugee policy, Labour leader Andrew Little replied

#streisand'd
http://www.politwoops.com/g/nzpol?page=2
Old 4th May 2016, 12:17     #391
CCS
Stunt Pants

Is this fucken guy for real?!

Quote:
Deleted about 20 hours ago after less than 20 seconds
Oh sure, deleted. That's nice. Why would you even compose it to begin with? Once composed, why would you hit send? What the fuck is this guy thinking?

Incompetent.
Old 4th May 2016, 12:23     #392
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

it'll be some Social Media Guru(tm) working for Little's office, forgetting he was logged into the work account. that is to say, muppetry. however I presume that any second now we'll hear that Little's account was "hacked".
Old 4th May 2016, 13:13     #393
CCS
Stunt Pants

Fucken lol
Old 25th November 2016, 10:13     #394
Cyberbob

MPs miss the point over how ride-sharing service Uber works
Old 25th November 2016, 12:19     #395
fixed_truth

Oh ffs. Reading that reminds me why the world is fucked.
Old 25th November 2016, 13:24     #396
Delphinus

National MP's in that article were not much better...
Old 25th November 2016, 13:47     #397
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I LIKE TO THINK I'M QUITE COMPUTER LITERATE
Old 26th November 2016, 23:47     #398
Lightspeed

Am I wrong or was it not eventually conceded that "a series of tubes" actually does has some merit as an analogy for the Internet's infrastructure? Obviously it doesn't capture the nature of switching technology, but we call connections "pipes".
Old 16th December 2016, 19:32     #399
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Game change for Labour: in today's reshuffle Leader Andrew Little has returned Clare Curran to the Shadow Cabinet, naming her (once again) Labour Spokesperson for Information and Communications Technology

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=11768277
Old 16th December 2016, 19:53     #400
CCS
Stunt Pants

Ooh, that's a good idea.