NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 6th August 2020, 19:13     #921
blynk

Maybe the tide has turned. Maybe after the interview a few weeks back when he pulled out an altered graph that made the US look good, there will be more of these popping up
Old 7th August 2020, 15:40     #922
Lightspeed

This could be interesting:

Canada to retaliate 'dollar for dollar' after U.S. slaps 10% tariff on aluminum
Old 8th August 2020, 02:44     #923
Lightspeed

The White House is playing "Live and Let Die" before Trump's arrival at a thinly disguised campaign event in Ohio

I found this list of suggestions for Trump's future rallys:
  • "I'm an Asshole"-Dennis Leary
  • "Back in the USSR"-The Beatles
  • "I want you to want me"-Cheap Trick
  • "For whom the bell tolls"-Metallica
  • "Insane in the membrane"-Cypress Hill
  • "Down with the sickness"-Disturbed
Old 9th August 2020, 01:03     #924
Lightspeed

https://twitter.com/KristenClarkeJD/...23318996635648

Quote:
BREAKING: Today's Friday night massacre --> Louis DeJoy, Trump donor and the new postmaster general, sacked top Postal Service officials, and reassigned 23 postal executives.

The U.S. Postal Service is being hijacked in the middle of an election season.
Old 9th August 2020, 19:43     #925
Lightspeed

Yanks are picking up Aussie skills:

Trump walks out of news conference after reporter asks him about Veterans Choice lie

Quote:
Trump, speaking at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club, had claimed again that he is the one who got the Veterans Choice program passed -- adding, "They've been trying to get that passed for decades and decades and decades and no president's ever been able to do it, and we got it done."

"Why do you keep saying that you passed Veterans Choice?" CBS News White House correspondent Paula Reid asked Trump at the Saturday news conference, during which Trump announced executive actions on coronavirus relief.

As Trump tried to call on another reporter instead, Reid continued, "You said that you passed Veterans Choice. It was passed in 2014...it was a false statement, sir."

Trump paused, then responded: "OK. Thank you very much, everybody." He then walked away as the song "YMCA" played.
Trump had either never or almost never been challenged on the Veterans Choice claim before Reid did so.
Old 9th August 2020, 21:22     #926
The Edge

Typical of Trump, gets asked a difficult question he knows he can't win on (or is plain wrong), feels boxed in, walks away.
I was amazed he didn't just get up and walk away from that Swan bloke the other week as well.
Old 10th August 2020, 19:43     #927
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Called it the wrong thing: Trump signed the VA Mission bill, which permits veterans to have a private doctor if their wait time is 20 days (28 days in the case of specialty care) or if their drive is 30 minutes, according to an Associated Press fact check of similar comments by the president.

But lets all lie down on the Trump tracks.
Old 10th August 2020, 20:08     #928
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Called it the wrong thing: Trump signed the VA Mission bill...
Ok - but repeated vacuous statements about it because he doesn't understand it, and how it fits in with the other one. If he actually had a clue, he would have realised and corrected himself.
Old 10th August 2020, 20:10     #929
Lightspeed

Quote:
Called it the wrong thing: Trump signed the VA Mission bill, which permits veterans to have a private doctor if their wait time is 20 days (28 days in the case of specialty care) or if their drive is 30 minutes, according to an Associated Press fact check of similar comments by the president.

You're not quite using full sentences, so I'm not totally sure of your meaning. What I'm gleaning is that Trump is repeatedly referring to one bill, when in fact he means another? But mostly I don't follow. Is it the reporter who got it wrong? Trump tracks?
Old 10th August 2020, 20:29     #930
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Trump tracks?
It what you do when you're desperate to stop the Trump train.
Old 10th August 2020, 21:00     #931
Lightspeed

If there is any such train, I only watch from a distance. Unlike some, I have no capacity to interfere in the US election.

So these two bills. Which one was the one that "they've been trying to get that passed for decades and decades and decades"? Was it either? I can't really tell without some effort. There's a wiki page on the 2014 bill, nothing I can find on the 2018 bill.
Old 11th August 2020, 10:45     #932
blynk

Quote:

Not sure he called it the wrong thing. More likely that wires have started to be crossed in his head. He knew he passed an amendment to the bill, but then started to think that amendment was the original bill.
He talks about how no president could pass anything for decades, and then he did. That does not happen by calling the bill the wrong name.
Old 28th September 2020, 17:33     #933
Lightspeed

Trump's taxes are no gotcha. People just spinning their wheels. I do wonder why he paid $750 in 2016/17.
Old 29th September 2020, 07:09     #934
pxpx

Yea not really, just more narrative. Trump was "all about" draining the swamp and sticking it to the establishment - so his core will just see tax avoidance as him being clever and working the system.
Old 29th September 2020, 08:24     #935
xor

Quote:
Trump's taxes are no gotcha. People just spinning their wheels. I do wonder why he paid $750 in 2016/17.
Holy shit, this is huge! Countdown to November!
Old 30th September 2020, 12:42     #936
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Agreed. Clickbait distraction.
Old 2nd October 2020, 20:20     #937
Lightspeed

Well, the inevitable happened. Trump has Covid. Now to see how these dice roll.
Old 3rd October 2020, 03:03     #938
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Well, the inevitable happened. Trump has Covid. Now to see how these dice roll.
Correction: after a disastrous debate showing, Trump has ANNOUNCED that he has Covid.

Not the same thing.

/tinfoilhat
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:32     #939
xor

That was my first thought as well.

How wild would it be if Biden caught it as well and they both died from it?
Old 3rd October 2020, 10:06     #940
fixed_truth

My favorite roast was that he has a high risk of dying due to him being the combination of old, fat and poor.
Old 3rd October 2020, 14:56     #941
Lightspeed

Saw it pointed out that senators could find themselves in a similar position, which may impact who is available to vote.
Old 3rd October 2020, 16:48     #942
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

So it looks like Amy Coney Barrett's nomination bash at the White House is a real actual superspreader event.
Old 3rd October 2020, 17:05     #943
Lightspeed

/surprised Pikachu
Old 4th October 2020, 10:58     #944
blynk

So, does Trump actually have Covid.
A bit of attention, a bit of sympathy, and look how great he is when he gets over it.
Plus I wouldnt be surprised if he has a stake in one of these companies that he is "taking" their experimental drugs, which will help him get better.
Old 4th October 2020, 18:26     #945
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
/surprised Pikachu
Quote:
President Donald Trump’s celebration for Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett has been dubbed the #RoseGardenMassacre after several political leaders who attended tested positive for the coronavirus.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/gop-s...rden-massacre/
Old 4th October 2020, 20:18     #946
The Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Correction: after a disastrous debate showing, Trump has ANNOUNCED that he has Covid.

Not the same thing.

/tinfoilhat
No, he's actually got it, as confirmed by various sources.
I want to see him make a full recovery, then lose in a landslide.
Old 4th October 2020, 20:48     #947
_indigo1

Honestly he better not die. Easy way out. He needs to face justice.
Old 4th October 2020, 22:05     #948
crocos

I don't care if he lives or dies, but if he lives I hope he uses Covid as an excuse to back out of running for a second term.

I mean he's GOING to survive because he'll get all the care many Americans can't afford, and there's no way he will not run for a second term, but I can hope, right?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 4th October 2020, 22:15     #949
blynk

You can't face justice when (nearly) half the population are on your side - all because of politics
Old 4th October 2020, 22:59     #950
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by _indigo1
He needs to face justice.
What's he done?
Old 5th October 2020, 00:12     #951
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
So, does Trump actually have Covid.
A bit of attention, a bit of sympathy, and look how great he is when he gets over it.
Plus I wouldnt be surprised if he has a stake in one of these companies that he is "taking" their experimental drugs, which will help him get better.
https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/americas...rug-remdesivir
Well, the story is piecing together
Old 5th October 2020, 09:29     #952
Cyberbob

Quote:
What's he done?
There's a lot of moral and "things Trump's done", that one could argue back and forward about, but from a simply criminal standpoint, i mean come on.

Steve Bannon - Charged with defrauding Trump's wall donors.
Michael Cohen - Guilty of tax fraud, lying to Congress and campaign finance violations for facilitating hush money payments on behalf of Trump.
Paul Manafort - Guilty of tax and banking crimes, conspiracy, and obstruction of justice.
Rick Gates - Guilty of helping Manafort conceal $75 million in foreign bank accounts from their years of Ukraine lobbying work.
Roger Stone - Guilty of lying to Congress, witness tampering and obstructing a congressional committee proceeding (Mueller's Trump investigation)
Michael Flynn - guilty to lying to the FBI

It might be a witch hunt, but they're turning up a lot of guilty witch associates.
Old 6th October 2020, 12:01     #953
blynk

I hate to say this, but I think one of the WH cluster need to either die, or get serious (seriously) sick. the closer to Trump the better.

Trumps latest comments.
Covid is nothing, don't fear it. Him coming out of it relatively unscathed will be worse than him not getting it.
Old 6th October 2020, 14:47     #954
fixed_truth

^Yep those comments are sick. If anyone still thinks that Trump is no more corrupt/harmful than the rest of them, then they need check their youtube algorithm.
Old 6th October 2020, 15:23     #955
Lightspeed

It's still to be seen whether or not Trump is even really healthy. Could have him just drugged up to feel good and be alert, as per his demands, but prone to imminent collapse.

But it's not just him, there are the senators that have fallen ill or at to fall ill that could have consequences.

Or it's all just being used as a smokescreen, the GOP steamrolling through the new supreme court appointment, latest voter suppression tactics.
Old 6th October 2020, 17:49     #956
Cyberbob

Herman Cain died after being released from hospital.
Old 6th October 2020, 18:01     #957
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

His desire to be the center of attention seems to have blinded him to the fact that we can now see he’s struggling to breathe.
Old 6th October 2020, 18:35     #958
Lightspeed

Bugger being Trump's medical team right now. They're very much in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario.

If he dies they're going to be under some stiff scrutiny. Along with the social media storm. Bet they have some robust notes.
Old 6th October 2020, 23:04     #959
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
^Yep those comments are sick. If anyone still thinks that Trump is no more corrupt/harmful than the rest of them, then they need check their youtube algorithm.
Nope, that's full of ryan's toy review/kaji family videos.

I've had the same opinion of trump for a very long time. He's a crook, major bullshiter and fucks overs others majorly just to benefit himself.

By the rest of them, you mean all those white supremacists on the left.
Old 7th October 2020, 00:16     #960
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Bugger being Trump's medical team right now. They're very much in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario.

If he dies they're going to be under some stiff scrutiny. Along with the social media storm. Bet they have some robust notes.
When a despot gets sick, you do not want to be on the medical team.