NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 10th March 2018, 17:28     #361
Deadmeat

https://youtu.be/0C_IBSuXIoo

Careful, watching this may make you do a school shooting.
Old 11th March 2018, 16:13     #362
BoyWonder

Is it Rick Astley?
Old 11th March 2018, 17:32     #363
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWonder
Is it Rick Astley?

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news...al-1202722952/

Quote:
Donald Trump’s administration produced a horrifying, blood-spattered video showcasing extreme video-game violence — and the YouTube clip has quickly become an internet hit.

Less than 24 hours after the White House uploaded it to YouTube, the gory and ultra-violent video has been viewed more than 600,000 times. The video was screened during President Trump’s meeting Thursday with game-industry execs, watchdog group reps, lawmakers and other attendees, and released on YouTube afterward.

I watched the video and then I killed my entire family. And then the family next door. Just couldn't help it. I feel a little less murdery now, but if I see a Pokemon clip I may have to go to the local girls school and catch 'em all. For my basement.
Old 12th March 2018, 11:37     #364
BoyWonder

How disappointing. If they are going to include Sniper Elite they could at least have used the testicle shot.
Old 30th March 2018, 16:06     #365
Lightspeed

I get the feeling Trump is starting to hit his stride. He's got rid of those who were holding him back, now he can start to let loose.
Old 3rd April 2018, 17:08     #366
blynk

Sounds like the mid term elections campaigning is about to get under way.

Now that Facebook is out of the way of fake advertising, I wonder how this will go.
Old 13th April 2018, 10:14     #367
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Trump decides to return to TPP

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-a...13-p4z9c5.html
Old 14th April 2018, 14:11     #368
Lightspeed

Shit's cagey right now. Trump just announced (from an official platform) strikes in Syria.
Old 14th April 2018, 14:55     #369
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Oh fuck he just pardoned scooter libby.
Old 14th April 2018, 14:56     #370
Lightspeed

Good timing... everyone's gotta be distracted by this step towards world war.
Old 14th April 2018, 16:00     #371
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

He’s sending a very clear message of “look boys, obstruction of justice ain’t no big thing, I can make those convictions just go away” to everyone currently on Mueller’s interview list.
Old 15th April 2018, 01:49     #372
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Shit's cagey right now. Trump just announced (from an official platform) strikes in Syria.
It's interesting how this has played out. Some are criticising Trump for tipping off the Russians about the attack. But I'm wondering if that wasn't a strategy.

It seems like the US and allies were in a position where they needed to demonstrate the rule of law still matters; you can't get away with using chemical weapons. At the same time there's a strong desire to avoid escalating tensions further by destroying Russian assets in Syria and risking a more serious conflict.

The approach that was taken means some symbolic Syrian targets have been destroyed, while giving Russia time enough to evacuate equipment and personnel so as not to be compelled to respond to their destruction.
Old 9th May 2018, 18:13     #373
Lightspeed

So US Secretary of State visits Israel, shortly after Israel claims its raided some old Iranian warehouse and has obtained nuclear research materials, Netanyahu presenting the folders and CDs they've obtained with flourish as evidence that Iran is still performing research.

So it's no surprise Trump has pulled out of the nuclear agreement with Iran.
Old 9th May 2018, 22:14     #374
MadMax
Stuff

Iranians don't actually care. They all believe these deals come and go.
Old 9th May 2018, 23:15     #375
Lightspeed

Well they're acting angry. It is to be seen the actual consequences and response.

I'm pretty sure this is something Trump just wanted to do, cause it's a deal Obama made. The Israeli evidence is just a cooked up justification.
Old 10th May 2018, 02:37     #376
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:

I'm pretty sure this is something Trump just wanted to do, cause it's a deal Obama made. The Israeli evidence is just a cooked up justification.
tenei
Old 10th May 2018, 11:18     #377
Cyberbob

Quote:
Well they're acting angry. It is to be seen the actual consequences and response.

I'm pretty sure this is something Trump just wanted to do, cause it's a deal Obama made.
Moral of the story: You don't make deals with the United States, you're actually making a deal with whoever's in the hot seat at the time, and the next guy can just undo it.
TL;DR: Deals with the US are pointless.
Old 11th May 2018, 10:05     #378
Juju
get to da choppa

Is Trump simply the first president to be ultra-highlighting the many flaws of the US governmental system, or is it because we're all grown ups now, living in an information riddled age where things aren't as easily swept under the carpet like they could have been from presidential terms passed?

In my very limited knowledge of presidential history, it seems Reagan is the only quasi-modern president to be so representative of all that is wrong with the US gubbermint. The Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama era of my life seems relatively mundane compared to Trump - is that because as a younger me I just didn't care, or is it because they weren't as blatant about exploiting their powers as Trump is?

Last edited by Juju : 11th May 2018 at 10:07.
Old 11th May 2018, 10:19     #379
CCS
Stunt Pants

Nixon?
Old 11th May 2018, 11:15     #380
Cyberbob

Watergate and the Iran-Contra deal are the two that immediately spring to mind.

On a lesser side you've got Clinton's impeachment/perjury/obstruction of justice, Bush Jr's Laywergate and Hillary's private email server in her days as secretary of state for Obama.

Trump's just making more headlines because it's all more controversial, but it won't come to anything until the Comey hammer comes down.
Old 11th May 2018, 12:36     #381
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob

On a lesser side you've got Clinton's impeachment/perjury/obstruction of justice, Bush Jr's Laywergate and Hillary's private email server in her days as secretary of state for Obama.

Trump's just making more headlines because it's all more controversial, but it won't come to anything until the Comey hammer comes down.

Old 23rd May 2018, 19:38     #382
Nich

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...s-the-problem/

Quote:
The problem is not Haspel, it’s not John Brennan, it’s not our lack of confidence. The problem is the CIA itself. If the president really cared about our peace, prosperity, and security, he would take steps to end this national disgrace. It’s time to abolish the CIA!
+1

I reckon when Trump first got elected, he started taking steps to do just that... Then the CIA showed him the JFK assassination from an angle no one gets to see.
Old 8th June 2018, 09:50     #383
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

This guy writes well:

https://deadspin.com/the-nfl-is-too-...nev-1826558748
Old 18th June 2018, 00:52     #384
Lightspeed

This whole trade war business is getting interesting. But I can't tell what's Trump's ego, and what's coherent strategy.
Old 19th June 2018, 15:52     #385
pxpx

nevermind all those other things that are bad, lets have a space force!

Space Force: Discuss.
Old 20th June 2018, 01:52     #386
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Aside from the fact that it will mean the end of the human race and possibly all complex life in this planet, ummmmm
Old 20th June 2018, 02:56     #387
Lightspeed

Is this the motivation for a trade war? Isolate the US, whip up nationalistic furore, set the US on a war path that Trump's ego tells him he'll easily win? After which he gets the rule a grateful world?
Old 20th June 2018, 20:34     #388
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
Space Force: Discuss.
in before Tiberium?
Old 20th June 2018, 22:41     #389
MadMax
Stuff

Crying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AUXpnB065o

Spaceforce
space space space spaceforce

Last edited by MadMax : 20th June 2018 at 22:42.
Old 21st June 2018, 10:38     #390
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Well this children in cages as a budget bargaining tool is ... repugnant
Old 22nd June 2018, 22:40     #391
The Edge

Sad Time is not impressed either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Well this children in cages as a budget bargaining tool is ... repugnant
Old 22nd June 2018, 23:58     #392
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
That is fucking cheese/cheap/exploitative/pathetic
Old 2nd July 2018, 12:04     #393
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

If Trump has “arranged” for Justice Kennedy to resign from the Supreme Court, he is a back-room dealer and manipulator entirely unlike the picture of a petulant man-baby Alzheimer’s patient that the media have been painting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/28/u...etirement.html
Old 2nd July 2018, 17:27     #394
Lightspeed

My fears of the Trump administration being stupid and significantly eclipsed by my fears it knows exactly what it's doing.
Old 2nd July 2018, 17:51     #395
Lightspeed

*are
Old 2nd July 2018, 18:49     #396
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
If Trump has “arranged” for Justice Kennedy to resign from the Supreme Court, he is a back-room dealer and manipulator entirely unlike the picture of a petulant man-baby Alzheimer’s patient that the media have been painting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/28/u...etirement.html

You think Trump cam up with this plan and not his handlers?
Old 16th July 2018, 22:35     #397
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

When asked today who the USA’s foes are in the year 2018, the first one to exit trump’s mouth was the European Union, because wtaf
Old 17th July 2018, 01:43     #398
Lightspeed

Trump was replaced by a Russian android years ago, this visit alone with Putin is actually a scheduled tune up.
Old 17th July 2018, 11:11     #399
Cyberbob

There's almost definitely a pee tape.
Old 17th July 2018, 11:14     #400
Cyberbob

Also, for those playing at home:

Russian National Charged in Conspiracy to Act as an Agent of the Russian Federation Within the United States

This is her in person asking Trump about the Russia relations.