Password

Old 11th December 2015, 23:05     #11241
CCS
Stunt Pants

Hook me up?
Old 11th December 2015, 23:40     #11242
madmaxii

That's for Yoda, not for you CCS

Last edited by madmaxii : 11th December 2015 at 23:42.
Old 12th December 2015, 06:46     #11243
Fx.

grats man
Old 12th December 2015, 15:41     #11244
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
Five years ago decided to go back and study, now a pharmacist.
Fuck yeah! Good on ya.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 12th December 2015, 15:59     #11245
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
Five years ago decided to go back and study, now a pharmacist.
Grats Yoda.
Old 13th December 2015, 13:22     #11246
crocos

At Kiwicon. Purchased a wifi plug. Last night I did bad, bad things to that plug. Then made a written confession:
http://pastebin.com/9spiCHFN

Old 21st January 2016, 21:54     #11247
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS

or... Y'know...not a ginge... Or a crocos
Scan before NYs confirmed 1 male human being. Small chance of ginge due to mothers genetics; he's unlikely to be full-blown day walker though.
Old 21st January 2016, 22:31     #11248
CCS
Stunt Pants

Can they test for crocos syndrome in the womb? It's not too late.
Old 21st January 2016, 22:33     #11249
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
Scan before NYs confirmed 1 male human being. Small chance of ginge due to mothers genetics; he's unlikely to be full-blown day walker though.
Old 21st January 2016, 22:42     #11250
CCS
Stunt Pants

Cheesy grin

I mean, congrats on having a child with a dick! I hear they're easier to raise.
Old 22nd January 2016, 13:25     #11251
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Easier to maintain that's for sure.

Open up a boybaby nappy, boy bits covered in piss and shit, "fuck what a mess, oh well may as well just take him out on the lawn and hose him down... yep, we're good"

Open up a girlbaby nappy, girl bits covered in piss and shit, "OHMYFUCKINGGODHOWDOICLEANTHISHELPMEJESUS"
Old 22nd January 2016, 13:44     #11252
CCS
Stunt Pants

Women need to learn to stop shitting in their own vaginas.

I've heard, anecdotally (possibly even on these forums) that males are easier to deal with during the teenage years. All teenagers are shits, but I guess teenage girls are teary drama queens. Hopefully by that stage they've stopped shitting in their vaginas.
Old 25th January 2016, 18:55     #11253
MadMax
Stuff

as a first time parent, i hated (read: it took longer than it should have) toilet training even with a boy. in the end it's pretty simple, just point them to the toilet and walk away. But for a boy, wiping to the rear isn't quite so important.
Old 25th January 2016, 19:09     #11254
MadMax
Stuff

made my first pav:

i'm going to need help eating it - that's a full sized dinner plate it's sitting on
Old 25th January 2016, 19:11     #11255
pxpx

I have never made a pav before either.... damn that looks good.
Old 25th January 2016, 19:17     #11256
MadMax
Stuff

it's damn easy actually. my aunty (who makes the worlds best, of course) gave me a recipe years ago and she said to ensure you don't have any water in it - not even a drop on any of the bowls or utensils. the edmonds cook book recipe includes water so never made it. no idea how important that is.

saw this on stuff and gave it a go http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/fo...erfect-pavlova ... not before running to briscoes and grabbing some kitchen scales (on a 50% off sale haha). i think a bench mixer is a must have.

Last edited by MadMax : 25th January 2016 at 19:19.
Old 25th January 2016, 21:13     #11257
MadMax
Stuff

Oh, as for the eating?

Mmmmm so so good. Crunchy crust with a subtle caramel flavour, soft yet firm centre with substance - the acclaimed chewy I think. Wolfed down a quarter of that in one serving and I want more!
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:34     #11258
MadMax
Stuff

*cranks up office aircon, closes office doors ... *insert Homer Simpson gurgling sound here*
Old 4th February 2016, 18:55     #11259
pkp|ex

Jumped out of an IT career, started an electrical engineering one two weeks ago. Paid for tuition, and two weeks into the several year coursing and its been purely maths, physics, and mechanics to get a working base for the electronics later on... its fucking awesome, and it only gets more awesome. Love this shit!

So glad to have left IT behind.
Old 4th February 2016, 19:50     #11260
StN
I have detailed files

^^^
Old 4th February 2016, 20:01     #11261
MadMax
Stuff

are you still in palmy? if so ... PM^H^H email me
Old 9th February 2016, 22:39     #11262
pkp|ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
are you still in palmy? if so ... PM^H^H email me
Nah, In teh Auckland atm. What choo up to in electronic land?

Also, Scooters oil my gears. Fucking hilarious shit to ride around on, teaches the most efficient lines to take to maintain speed, costs about as much as a bees dicks length in kilometres, and just like normal motorcycles, it is quicker around town because of the whole lane splitting / filtering business.

I love this scooter business, I have gotten air on it a couple of times over speed bumps.
Old 10th February 2016, 00:07     #11263
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Scooters for the win. Two wheels good, four wheels bad.
Old 10th February 2016, 00:14     #11264
crocos

Too damn heavy and live too far up a hill for me to want a scooter - the thought of holding up traffic like so many of them do drives me around the bend.

Old 22nd February 2016, 17:48     #11265
Lightspeed

NZGames back up. OMG.

Thanks to whoever put in the effort!
Old 23rd February 2016, 08:59     #11266
reac
Min Sicker Reac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Thanks to whoever put in the effort!
++
Old 24th February 2016, 14:33     #11267
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

ANother oiler: unleaded at my local - 91.4c /l
Old 2nd March 2016, 14:43     #11268
Deadmeat

Blenheim man's boat seized for undersized scallops in Marlborough

Does the heart good to see shameless cunts like this reap what they've dredged.
Old 2nd March 2016, 14:51     #11269
CCS
Stunt Pants

Suck it, Gary!
Old 5th March 2016, 18:22     #11270
Caesar

So I started a new temp position as a Deployment Manager just under a month ago, its a secondment so its not permanent, just while a lady is on maternity leave.
Anyway it's my first time in a Managerial position and I've already had one lady be very thankful for getting her sorted out who said if I need a reference for my good work she'd be happy provide one.
And yesterday I had 2 bits of positive feedback. Another lady give me a chocolate fish and a Whittakers chock bar as thanks for my work in getting her a replacement device sorted out, also an email went to my manager from one of the Techs I look after praising my professionalism and communication skills for a critical outage job I helped manage.

That definitely oils my gears...
Old 5th March 2016, 20:32     #11271
MadMax
Stuff

wait till you discover that those compliments are the tip of the iceberg and other feedback makes it to your manager. sounds like you're working with some great staff which makes a job real easy and helps keep you driven.

built this http://www.jaycar.com.au/diy-dodging-robot but with parts from www.banggood.com. instead of the chassis shown i used a tamiya track kit, two tamiya plates and a tamiya dual motor kit. jaycar's code works well.

Last edited by MadMax : 5th March 2016 at 20:37.
Old 5th March 2016, 20:38     #11272
MadMax
Stuff

Last edited by MadMax : 5th March 2016 at 20:41.
Old 5th March 2016, 21:08     #11273
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
So I started a new temp position as a Deployment Manager just under a month ago, its a secondment so its not permanent, just while a lady is on maternity leave.
Anyway it's my first time in a Managerial position and I've already had one lady be very thankful for getting her sorted out who said if I need a reference for my good work she'd be happy provide one.
And yesterday I had 2 bits of positive feedback. Another lady give me a chocolate fish and a Whittakers chock bar as thanks for my work in getting her a replacement device sorted out, also an email went to my manager from one of the Techs I look after praising my professionalism and communication skills for a critical outage job I helped manage.

That definitely oils my gears...
Great jorb.
Old 6th March 2016, 16:11     #11274
blynk

You have to wonder what the previous lady was like, when by just doing your job (I assume you didnt go above and beyond) everyone is happy and already complimenting you.
Old 8th March 2016, 10:19     #11275
Kryten

Quote:
wait till you discover that those compliments are the tip of the iceberg and other feedback makes it to your manager. sounds like you're working with some great staff which makes a job real easy and helps keep you driven.

built this http://www.jaycar.com.au/diy-dodging-robot but with parts from www.banggood.com. instead of the chassis shown i used a tamiya track kit, two tamiya plates and a tamiya dual motor kit. jaycar's code works well.
Parts list from Banggood, please? I've been looking at something similar after we visited OMGTech, using this as a starting point http://www.instructables.com/id/Tracked-Arduino-Robot/
Old 8th March 2016, 22:26     #11276
MadMax
Stuff

http://www.banggood.com/HC-SR04-Ultr...14547992015049
http://www.banggood.com/L298N-Dual-H...14547992015049
http://www.banggood.com/120Pcs-20cm-...14547992015049
http://www.banggood.com/160pcs-M3-Ny...14547992015049

^ that's what I had to purchase. I already had an arduino uno etc. I should note that i'm still waiting on my ultrasonic sensors delivery so picked one up from jaycar. Jaycar's arduino bits have come down a little in price lately so are ok for buying the odd bit here and there to save the wait for shipping.

Jaycar use this chassis:
http://www.banggood.com/Smart-Robot-...-p-981975.html

I also suggest trawling through the site for other bits such as a starter kit that comes with an uno and lcd and breadboard. Interfacing with an LCD is super simple and allows you to debug without being tethered to a pc/laptop simply by swapping serial.print with lcd.print in the code.

These parts are available at all your favourite freight free from china shops (eg dealextreme) but so far i've been impressed with banggood even having made use of after sales support.

Last edited by MadMax : 8th March 2016 at 22:30.
Old 8th March 2016, 22:38     #11277
MadMax
Stuff

i do need to replace the tamiya dual motor kit i have as the ratios are too high (robot moves a bit too slowly) and the supplied motors are 3volts only - they'll eventually burn out from being driven by that h-bridge. i did swap them out yonks ago with what i hope are higher voltage motors.

I'll likely get the 70168 double gearbox kit (as mentioned on your link) from a model shop in town tomorrow. it has 3-6volt motors and better ratios. hopefully the loss in torque isn't too much

Last edited by MadMax : 8th March 2016 at 22:39.
Old 8th March 2016, 23:29     #11278
Kryten

Cheers MM, you're a star. Now added to my "winter project" list!
Old 9th March 2016, 00:32     #11279
MadMax
Stuff

I have a work mate who's now ordered himself one of those multi-sensor kits from somewhere ... I'm not sure what his programming skills are like but I can see myself providing some tutoring.
Old 9th March 2016, 07:26     #11280
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
I have a work mate who's now ordered himself one of those multi-sensor kits from somewhere ... I'm not sure what his programming skills are like but I can see myself providing some tutoring.
I got a box of them (well two) for the daughter and myself last year and haven't touched them yet. Does sound like a good winter project.

This
and this - and crikey they have dropped in price!