NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 6th July 2008, 23:00     #1
cryocore

anyone else intrigued by the Bioshock movie?

Touted for a 2010 release
Directed by Gore Verbinksi.
Written by John Logan (writer of Gladiator, Sweeny Todd, The Aviator, and The Last Samurai among others).

I am usually against video game movies, but I have hope. Gore has made the only decent video game adaptions so far, and the writer has some class.

I more interested in this than the Prince of Persia movie. Even though it too seems to have a decent pedegree.
Director Mike Newell (HP and Goblet o Fire, Donnie Brasko, Pushing Tin, and the upcoming Elfstones of Shinnara).
Starring Jake Gyllenhaal (aka Donnie Darko, and Backdoor Cowgirl)

Could be the start of a new Hollywood trend. Big Budget game movies.
Old 6th July 2008, 23:13     #2
cryocore

ok so Gore didnt do a Video game adaption... somehow got Pirates mixed into that group. So now I cant think of a single good video game adaption, except for Silent Hill which I thought was pretty good, and the 3rd Resident Evil which was ok.

Last edited by cryocore : 6th July 2008 at 23:15.
Old 6th July 2008, 23:42     #3
xin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryocore
Could be the start of a new Hollywood trend. Big Budget game movies.
Nuugh. "You've played the game. You've read the plot on GameFAQs, Now re-live the story as a movie!". No thanks*

* The only excepion being the Metal Gear Solid series. I don't have the patience for that game.
Old 6th July 2008, 23:46     #4
A Corpse
talkative lurker

KotOR as a movie would be f'ed up. "Nonono, that's not what I did there! WRONG!".
Old 6th July 2008, 23:49     #5
?>Superman

Could be aight.
Old 7th July 2008, 00:53     #6
Biff

Ouch, Gore is out replaced by Uwe Boll. Should be killa.
Old 7th July 2008, 01:10     #7
cryocore

arse speak much?
Old 7th July 2008, 02:24     #8
Foggerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff
Ouch, Gore is out replaced by Uwe Boll. Should be killa.
I made myself watch Bloodrayne 2, or rather I tried to make myself watch this horror. Ended up skipping to the (absolute shit) end battle.

Had one good line though: "Life is like a penis. When its hard, you''re being screwed. When its soft, it can't be beat." I cried and punched myself in the face at that point.
Old 7th July 2008, 19:35     #9
Tarquin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryocore
So now I cant think of a single good video game adaption, except for Silent Hill which I thought was pretty good, and the 3rd Resident Evil which was ok.
Mortal Kombat. Everyone involved treated the movie with the seriousness it deserved (ie, not a lot), and it was a much better watch for that.

I wouldn't really call the third RE movie a video game adaptation, though I did quite like it. The series started with a video game adaptation, but it had diverged off enough to be completely its own universe by the third film.

And while I think the Prince of Persia movie has a lot of potential (especially if they just use Sands of Time, which is nicely self-contained), citing Goblet of Fire is not a good way to inspire confidence in the director: that film was a load of cinematic crap. (Donnie Brasko and Pushing Tin were good, though.)
Old 7th July 2008, 22:02     #10
Spink

I like Hitman
Old 7th July 2008, 22:44     #11
Asriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
I like Hitman
I nearly fell asleep in it. It had its moments though. His treatment of women was quite funny
Old 7th July 2008, 23:59     #12
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Mortal Kombat. Everyone involved treated the movie with the seriousness it deserved (ie, not a lot), and it was a much better watch for that.
agree. doom had a similar feel to me, which is probably why i enjoyed it video game movies that take themselves too seriously FTL. if you don't have a 100m budget, A-list actors, or a high quality script, whats the point?
Old 8th July 2008, 00:16     #13
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
I like Hitman
Should I bother to mention yet again that it failed as it had the wrong actor in the lead role?

Nah... we all know by now eh.