NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10th August 2019, 22:39     #1
wazza
*flex*

Snore Biggest moment of my life, 20 years too late.

Fatal1ty and I gamed Fortnite this evening, for quite some time. He's a few days in, I'm 7 weeks in.

Anyways, I exited the game 90mins ago, I'm still shaking. Fitbit reports 73bpm before he asked me to play, 113bpm when I exited.

I came here hoping I could use this account / Helious to prove I was his fan 20 years ago and put a lot of time into studying his demos post-event, etc. I found nothing from me re: him via Search ;(

Wikipedia has this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnathan_Wendel
Quote:
In honor of his contributions to video gaming, Wendel was awarded the first ever Lifetime Achievement Award by eSports. He was inducted into the International Video Game Hall of Fame in August 2010 and holds a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records.[14]
Anyways, I gamed Q3A hard, I came in 4th for WCG Korea NZ Qualifier.. I spent several years over at Planetquake.com pulling demos and executing them via console in-game.

It's bizarre to think I used to go to sleep dreaming about meeting him or what he would be like in person (I was a teenager). Nigga, I'm heading towards 36. You can blink as a junkie and lose 20years.

Blows my mind the first game I pick up since I became (selected) ESM.Helious(tf2), that Fatal1ty, like myself, has had his interest piqued by Fortnite. I am blown away I sent a friend request, he accepted(I strategically hosted him via Twitch 2mins earlier so the name would hopefully register. He accepted request. I then gave a paragraph of legit fStan - Eminem. He read it out in his stream and invited me to game..

Just wow. After 10 games (2 x squad, then 8 x trio with his mate), with my 125-135ms Mangere > NA-West and with an adrenaline dump before we actually landed, the shakes throughout.. I called it and thanked him (shaking voice and all). I was legit during each game(he cycled through several players in squads but retained me).. he said he is Keen as to play again.

Apologies, 20 years too late but man. This is way better than IV gear.

Thanks for reading, I wholeheartedly apologise to those of you who knew me well. My feelings and memories of this place aren't quantifiable.. truly this is where I learnt 95% of the actual metrics a person is actually measured by. What Simon built and maintained here is astonishing.

I cannot believe Fatal1ty chose Helious.

xoxo, ta.

Last edited by wazza : 10th August 2019 at 22:43.
Old 12th August 2019, 13:29     #2
pxpx

This is awesome!
Old 12th August 2019, 13:44     #3
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Legendary
Old 12th August 2019, 21:42     #4
pxpx

link us the vod! looked through his last few vods on twitch but couldnt find it
Old 12th August 2019, 22:41     #5
kRAdENkO

I don't know whats happening, but it sounds good. Go you!
Old 13th August 2019, 08:03     #6
StN
I have detailed files

Story needs more Beth.
Old 13th August 2019, 13:11     #7
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kRAdENkO
I don't know whats happening, but it sounds good. Go you!
He reached out to the Michael Jordan of eSport gaming, actually got a reply offering to join him for a few games, and paired up with him for an evening of gaming with his life long idol.
Old 13th August 2019, 16:50     #8
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Fatal1ty started with Q3A, which makes him a n00b. (No seriously, part of my brain still thinks of Q3A as a current game)

I kid, I kid. Can't believe it's the same Fatal1ty whose Q3A gfx made my eyes bleed with its chunky hi-vis simplicity. 1999 was a million years ago.

Good to see you back here Helious don't be a stranger, we're all old farts now.
Old 13th August 2019, 22:05     #9
crocos

The Man from Blackball rises to the challenge!

Welcome back Wazza!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 14th August 2019, 00:42     #10
Lightspeed

I was also a n00b that started with Q3A, I used to be all about it but I was scrub-tier mostly. At best I was competitive in the local freeze scene.

Then I moved to somewhere with a bad connection and that was that. A poor life choice really.
Old 14th August 2019, 20:02     #11
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Then I moved to somewhere with a bad connection and that was that.
This is one of the biggest reasons to not move to Aus IMO

Old 14th August 2019, 20:30     #12
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

#triggered
Old 15th August 2019, 02:12     #13
wazza
*flex*

The weirdest thing about anything in my life is that I just came out of a 3 year relationship with Lightspeed's sister, she hasn't seen him in forever. I'm probably correct in my assumption, he has no idea? She's a fucken psycho. I'm perfect, etc.

@Simon, ta for the kind words.

Here's a clip of FATAL1TY reading my public comment/statement and an accompanying screenshot to document my 20year said dream. The strangest feeling, that a week or so in(maybe not quite) that I haven't adjusted to, is seeing him on my friends list just there, and available.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DignifiedPrettyMeatloafTinyFace I don't know the tags to embed this?

Additional Warrick spaz information, I told Loeya tonight about her stats and she read me out on stream. OMG. I wrote in her public chat that I'm a follower(meaning I don't pay $5/month to sub) from New Zealand and it's sad to see she has moved on to another game, reminding her that she is ranked 11th in the world in SOLO and I broke it down for her ego that she is most likely, statistically(based on their metrics) the #1 female player in the world. Pretty intense having a swedish chick read verbatim my scrambled thoughts and then spend a lot of mintutes breaking down her reasons and then as her loyal bitch ass fag subs ripped into me sucking her anus for all the chocolate.. she was pretty much telling them to calm the farm and that i'm the good cunt all day.

yeah that's right, boyyyyyy. I'd clip her but I have to wait for her stream to end broadcasting to catch it, but damn. That's legit. FATAL1TY and Loeya within a week.

I'm gonna see if I can give TFUE my thoughts and catch him on stream.

<----Useless talent.. getting famous(within their space) people to notice me.

Last edited by wazza : 15th August 2019 at 02:15.
Old 15th August 2019, 02:20     #14
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
The Man from Blackball rises to the challenge!

Welcome back Wazza!
dont ever post that picture of you and i, holy.. but yes, i remember the extreme anxiety. well.. that was legit strange for me. you're a GC all day. you rolled up on my parents business whilst i was exiled from auckland and was like "yo brudda, helious? it's crocos from nzg!!!! broooo ;> ;> ;>", whoa. i can legit feel the butterflies(you don't give me butterflies cunt, only girls do).. in my stomach just reading your comment. sorry, i didn't read past the top few.
Old 15th August 2019, 10:59     #15
pxpx

wazza I'm good mates IRL with esm.kobe, its a small world
Old 15th August 2019, 11:15     #16
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
dont ever post that picture of you and i, holy..
Yeah bro, that can remain lost to time

Old 16th August 2019, 14:01     #17
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
#triggered
Chances are will be looking for accommodation in your state in the very near future. Well, maybe QLD/Brissie - depends on what role they end up offering me, but probably out of Melbs.

Only just got Fibre here too!

Last edited by crocos : 16th August 2019 at 14:04.