Password

Old 2nd April 2012, 23:53     #32081
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
Should've left your front door open if you were expecting a parcel

fuck security!
Pfft. That's the thing - I wasn't expecting it because the first person I spoke to said it would be delivered tomorrow but she was wrong! DON'T YOU READ?! GOSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
ccs did you get ur kindle yet
Yeah I did and then I put it up your mum's arse. Sideways. It's alright though, I put a condom on it so the kindle is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Bro you need to sue someone.

I will do it for you for mega bucks
Maybe we can work out some pro-bono arrangement?
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:07     #32082
A Corpse
talkative lurker

How many times is Syria going to accept and subsequently not honour a ceasefire before the UN realises IT'S NOT GOING TO HONOUR ANY OF THEM!??!
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:40     #32083
aR Que

Don't worry, they will be punished! COMMENCE THE TRADE EMBARGO!
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:53     #32084
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
COMMENCE THE TRADE EMBARGO!
/
Old 3rd April 2012, 19:35     #32085
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS

Maybe we can work out some pro-bono arrangement?
Trouble with that arrangement is that I can't afford to bring down all the necessary rage upon the people who delayed your Kindle. We can't let them off too lightly.
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:01     #32086
p01s0n

ccs did u get ur kindle im eagerly anticipating closure on this saga
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:23     #32087
Erazhure

Is gear-grindingly bummed that the first person to notice i have two different colored eyes during my first time meeting them, was a french, male, maitre' D, and owner of a restaurant i had a trial at for sous chef posistion.

*le sigh*
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:33     #32088
[WanG] Wandarah

Don't be too sad, I think you're absolutely fascinating.
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:48     #32089
LordP

Did the trial go well?
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:16     #32090
Erazhure

They want me, but i dont think i want them. was bad juju all over that kitchen
Old 3rd April 2012, 23:00     #32091
Sirens Song

Finally get some time to play some games...
Tossing up between BF3 and SC2... Decide BF3.... battlelog down .. OK sweet SC2 it is then ... log on .... "The system is shutting down in 5 mins ..." OK so I'll SCV + 2 marine cheese rush the cunt ... FINE! .. "server error" ... "The system is shutting down in 4 mins" ...
R ... R .... RRRAAAAGE QUIIIIT !!!!!! FFFFFUUUUUUUUU
Old 3rd April 2012, 23:02     #32092
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erazhure
They want me, but i dont think i want them. was bad juju all over that kitchen
Juju won't be impressed to hear that. He thinks he killed his evil twin years ago.
Old 4th April 2012, 09:34     #32093
Juju
get to da choppa

No, he's referring to that time I got too excited looking at Nigella cookbooks.
Old 4th April 2012, 09:44     #32094
Stalk3r

easy to do, shes a fox, for a reallly really old lady
Old 4th April 2012, 09:52     #32095
aR Que

Whenever I see that combination of 3 letters I just start giggling
Old 4th April 2012, 22:47     #32096
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalk3r
easy to do, shes a fox, for a reallly really old lady
52!
Old 6th April 2012, 14:18     #32097
Spink

banks closing at all, especially banks closing for 4 day weekends.

Found out the places I booked tickets with in the US charged me twice, once for the wrong amount. eg. ticket was $60 US and they charged me $60 NZ and then later on for the right amount. Charged me for the first time on the 29th of March, then the second time on the 31st of March, then left me until the 4th of April til they released the original erroneous charge. Left me at Negative $217 in an account that isn't meant to have an overdraft and made 2 automatic payments fail as well as multiple attempts to buy things. I'm guessing I have no recourse either even though they left me for 4 days completely unable to use my credit card. Two different airlines too, Continental and United, I'm wondering if it was mastercard at fault or something.
Old 6th April 2012, 22:31     #32098
xor

My sister in law telling me stories about Middlemore hospital ED ward and some of the people that end up there

She has to get security to and from her car because it's so feral.
Old 7th April 2012, 01:53     #32099
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Yep. Some family/visitors to hospitals, especially people accompanying ED patients, are absolute headcases. The staff are trying to SAVE your friend's LIFE! Get the fuck out of the way and certainly don't assault anyone you god damn neanderthal.
Old 7th April 2012, 10:41     #32100
xor

I heard one loller story from her; it involves an illegal immigrant, type 2 diabetes, alcolol and extended family starting fights in the waiting area.

1 - it was an illegal immigrant getting treatment
2 - the illegal immigrant was previously getting treated by our health care system when they knew he was an illegal immigrant
3 - He ended up in ED because he's a diabetic and went out on the piss
4 - He died and the family demanded that the doctors/nurses pay for the funeral cost.
Old 7th April 2012, 11:53     #32101
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I heard one loller story from her; it involves an illegal immigrant, type 2 diabetes, alcolol and extended family starting fights in the waiting area.

1 - it was an illegal immigrant getting treatment
2 - the illegal immigrant was previously getting treated by our health care system when they knew he was an illegal immigrant
3 - He ended up in ED because he's a diabetic and went out on the piss
4 - He died and the family demanded that the doctors/nurses pay for the funeral cost.
Ah, South Auckland - the gem of NZ.

Adelaide, ahoy?
Old 7th April 2012, 12:17     #32102
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
Adelaide, ahoy?
Dont you mean Radelaide? Yeah man, everything is slotting into place quite nicely.
Old 7th April 2012, 16:27     #32103
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

HEAPS GOOD
Old 10th April 2012, 09:37     #32104
GM

What is it that makes people think that tantrums are ok past the age of 30. And I'm not talking about 'tantrums' as in just showing a bit of darkness towards you, I mean the ones where they're thumping their fists, crying and shouting

Seeing the infantile response from that chap on the Christchurch biking track over the weekend reminded me of way too many people I know. How does one deal with these idiots?
Old 10th April 2012, 09:57     #32105
xor

Grab popcorn and enjoy the lols?
Old 10th April 2012, 10:05     #32106
GM

That's... actually a really good piece of advice. The pop corn route it is.
Old 10th April 2012, 10:06     #32107
wazza
*flex*

The part where the victim points his finger and goes "YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, that's assault"

made me think of xor sitting there bursting out laughing when the guy did the "YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" part
Old 10th April 2012, 14:44     #32108
TnT

Thieves. Fucking low life scum.

The weekend started with a mate reversing into my new car, and ended with some arseholes smashing their way into our business. Laptop, small amount of cash and camera gear stolen.

All I wanted was 4 days of not worrying about work... and this is what I get. Fucking Cunts.
Old 10th April 2012, 15:03     #32109
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
The weekend started with a mate reversing into my new car, and ended with some arseholes smashing their way into our business. Laptop, small amount of cash and camera gear stolen.
That is unbelievably shit
Old 10th April 2012, 22:41     #32110
chiQ
Frag-muff

Aw

Poor TnT. That bites.
Old 10th April 2012, 23:57     #32111
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

TnT: fuck
Old 11th April 2012, 16:12     #32112
Nich

The lack of good will in Melbourne grinds my gears. We have AUD18,000 in savings, and it all counts for nothing when looking for a place to live. Also, all my New Zealand ID counts for nothing.

It is now a huge chicken / egg situation. Need a home to work, need work to get a home. Need a home or work to get a medicare card, need a medicare card to get a TFN / ABN / GST No. , need a TFN / ABN / GST No. to get more work.

I could go ahead and sit my AU driver's licence. This will give me another decent form of ID... but the address on my driver's licence needs to correspond with all other forms of ID.

On the flip side, our host is a cinematographer who does a lot of work in China and Korea. He is an inspiration and has many stories to tell.
Old 11th April 2012, 16:19     #32113
p01s0n

pretty sure you can get a TFN with your nz passport bro.
Old 11th April 2012, 16:23     #32114
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
need a medicare card to get a TFN
I don't recall this being the case. I got a TFN on my second day in Oz, sorted Medicare out about a year later.

Where are you living now? Any reason you can't use that address for correspondence?
Old 11th April 2012, 16:27     #32115
Nich

we are staying with family, so the address unification isnt really a problem.

My passport is Australian, and the TFN application is significantly more complicated than my gf's application on a NZ Passport.

I knew I should have bitten the bullet and gotten myself a NZ Passport.

Last edited by Nich : 11th April 2012 at 16:29.
Old 11th April 2012, 17:23     #32116
Savage

Yeah, the "100 points of ID" scenario was a bit shit for us when we arrived too. If it helps, I found that smaller independent real estate agents were slightly less cunty about it (they're all cunts, just to varying degrees).
Old 11th April 2012, 17:43     #32117
Bent

You could try gumtree - we found our current place there and we're dealing directly with the landlord instead of an agent. Not having to deal with cunty real estate agents like we had in our previous place is so win.
Old 11th April 2012, 18:14     #32118
Cyberbob

Passport within 6 weeks of arriving is classed as 100 points, all you need for ID.
Old 11th April 2012, 18:19     #32119
Nich

oh true? shiiiiiiet.
Old 11th April 2012, 18:24     #32120
Cyberbob

I got that from here: http://www.volunteeringaustralia.org...0check.doc.pdf

So I hope they're right.

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F20...#_Toc297814766

Quote:
7 Verification: recent arrivals in Australia
(2) A person who is a signatory of an account is also taken to be identified if:
(a) immediately before the person most recently arrived in Australia, the person was not ordinarily resident in Australia; and
(b) the person produces his or her international travel document to the identifying cash dealer; and
(c) at the time of production of the international travel document the person has been in Australia for a period:
(i) that commences on the day on which the person most recently arrived in Australia, or on the first day since that arrival on which the person is lawfully at large in Australia, whichever is the later; and
(ii) the duration of which is less than 6 weeks.
(3) The identifying cash dealer must copy each of the documents produced or record for each of those documents the particulars mentioned in regulation 10.
(4) Verification of the identity of a signatory under subregulation (2) is worth 100 points.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 11th April 2012 at 18:27.