User Name
Password

Old 20th February 2023, 13:30     #2081
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

Hahaha, that's pretty funny.
Old 20th February 2023, 14:35     #2082
Cyberbob

“I think you need to just settle down. Punch a few bongs and watch some Bill Hicks young fella”

Perfect
Old 21st February 2023, 10:36     #2083
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:

Matilda no longer reads Rudyard Kipling – that imperial old brute! – but Jane Austen. One of Dahl’s witches who posed as ‘a cashier in a supermarket’ is now a ‘top scientist’. We wouldn’t want any young witch to feel that the STEM subjects aren’t for her. Words like ‘crazy’ and ‘mad’ have been excised, lest they appear to make light of mental-health problems. Even such everyday words as black and white are out. Characters no longer turn ‘white with fear’ and the Big Friendly Giant no longer wears a ‘black cloak“.
Old 21st February 2023, 10:47     #2084
StN
I have detailed files

I bet Peter Jackson is still quietly wanting to film Dambusters, but for that one little detail...
Old 21st February 2023, 10:48     #2085
fixed_truth

Heh big film company adaptations
Old 21st February 2023, 12:51     #2086
xor

https://www.seek.co.nz/job/60622305?...f3f0ff034576f8

Quote:
The Senior Lead Māori will focus on two critical pieces of work led out of the Māori Directorate. The first is to act as Pharmac's lead for an external project aiming to identify, map and analyse racism and bias across Pharmac, and to further develop measures to monitor removal of bias and racism in our systems.
Nice, ethnonationalism is growing
Old 21st February 2023, 14:10     #2087
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I bet Peter Jackson is still quietly wanting to film Dambusters, but for that one little detail...
Just change the name of the dog and be done with it. Call it Darkie or something, I don't care.
Old 21st February 2023, 14:44     #2088
MadMax
Stuff

Use an orange coloured brindle-coated dog and call it tigger.
Old 21st February 2023, 14:44     #2089
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Socioeconomic inequality doesn't exist largely along racial lines by accident, and we can't address systematic racism by ignoring race.
Old 21st February 2023, 15:43     #2090
xor

Nice nice, you'll legislate your way to utopia in no time
Old 23rd February 2023, 17:17     #2091
xor

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/s...-uncomfortable

I don't know about you, but I don't think Tusiata Avia likes honkeys that much.
Old 23rd February 2023, 19:33     #2092
fixed_truth

Yeah, acclaimed writer and New Zealand Order of Merit recipient Tusiata Avia mustn't like you because what she's saying makes you feel uncomfortable
Old 23rd February 2023, 21:56     #2093
xor

Why would I feel uncomfortable? Was it the wind chimes in the background?
Old 24th February 2023, 16:36     #2094
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Tennessee Republicans Vote to Make Drag Shows Felonies

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...es/ar-AA17RDH3

Old 24th February 2023, 17:00     #2095
xor

Whatever happened to their Freeze Peach?
Old 24th February 2023, 17:15     #2096
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The Bible says Adam and Eve, not Adam and Priscilla.
Old 27th February 2023, 10:23     #2097
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Fleming’s Bond novels are getting rewritten too:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...st-references/

Can’t have an assassin who works on behalf of a imperialist colonising power use racist language, that would never do
Old 13th March 2023, 18:13     #2098
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Roald Dahl's works have been given a woke overhaul

The owners of the works (Netflix) are within their rights to do so, but seriously? I've never given Netflix a cent, and I never will.
No different to the Dr Seus "scandal" from a little while back: This is all marketing. The left will happily buy the censored version (which while not historically pure is closer to in line with modern sensibilities) while the right will buy up "to preserve the historically accurate version and own the libs"...

And Netflix makes bank.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 13th March 2023, 22:44     #2099
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Old 21st March 2023, 18:38     #2100
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/eed4e...5&dpr=1&s=none

Wut
Old 22nd March 2023, 21:39     #2101
crocos

Transition as a right? Yep, cool with that.

Transition as a REPRODUCTIVE right? Uh... something got lost in translation there methinks.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 24th March 2023, 09:18     #2102
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Sanity prevails

World Athletics has voted to exclude transgender competitors from elite female competitions if they have undergone male puberty, in a decision the governing body said had been taken to “protect the future of the female category”.

World Athletics president: decision guided by “overarching principle” of fairness, as well as the science around physical performance and male advantage.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-female-events
Old 24th March 2023, 23:21     #2103
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Poll finds more than half of British Muslims believe homosexuality should be illegal

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a6978091.html
Old 25th March 2023, 21:28     #2104
fixed_truth

Anti-trans activist Posie Parker terfed out of NZ

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/30083...auckland-rally

Bye Felicia
Old 28th March 2023, 06:26     #2105
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Matilda no longer reads Rudyard Kipling – that imperial old brute! – but Jane Austen. One of Dahl’s witches who posed as ‘a cashier in a supermarket’ is now a ‘top scientist’. We wouldn’t want any young witch to feel that the STEM subjects aren’t for her. Words like ‘crazy’ and ‘mad’ have been excised, lest they appear to make light of mental-health problems. Even such everyday words as black and white are out. Characters no longer turn ‘white with fear’ and the Big Friendly Giant no longer wears a ‘black cloak“.
Agatha Christie - "Hold my sherry..."
Old 9th April 2023, 23:05     #2106
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Maths is cancelled

Quote:

The New Zealand Government's plan to teach maths for social justice, developed by the Ministry of Education, advocates for a "critical maths pedagogical approach" that aims to use maths as a tool for developing critical awareness about wider social, environmental, political, ideological, and economic issues.

The plan encourages students to interrogate dominant discourses and assumptions, including that maths is benign, neutral, and culture-free, and to address issues of power, social justice, and equity in the community and the wider world.
Old 10th April 2023, 11:08     #2107
Cyberbob

I always knew Algebra was woke.
Old 10th April 2023, 17:45     #2108
xor

Kindergarten teachers cry tears of happiness after new pay offer

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/04/06/k...ion%20Ministry.

Reading the title of the news article makes it look like something out of the soviet union. Some weird ass shit going on in NZ.
Old 10th April 2023, 19:09     #2109
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Maths is cancelled
i.e. Maths is racist.
Old 11th April 2023, 10:30     #2110
Cyberbob

If Sarah has five lollies, how many can we assume Hemi nicked from the corner dairy?
Old 11th April 2023, 20:17     #2111
fixed_truth

Maths isn't racist though Maori experiences of racism in education is well documented.
Old 12th April 2023, 11:02     #2112
_indigo1

It's interesting that you used is instead of are in that sentence.
One could assume it's simply a mistake.
However it could be more than that - an exposure of the objectification of Maori - not treating them as individual humans but reducing them to that which makes them persecuted.
Old 12th April 2023, 11:26     #2113
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Maths isn't racist
I’m sorry citizen, it sounds like you are making an assumption. Please present yourself at an approved facility for interrogation.
Old 12th April 2023, 15:13     #2114
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by _indigo1
It's interesting that you used is instead of are in that sentence.
One could assume it's simply a mistake.
However it could be more than that - an exposure of the objectification of Maori - not treating them as individual humans but reducing them to that which makes them persecuted.
Of course Maori aren't a homogeneous group but I think you're not acknowledging how systematic it actually is.

Last edited by fixed_truth : 12th April 2023 at 15:17.
Old 12th April 2023, 18:37     #2115
_indigo1

I didn't indicate my acknowledgement or lack thereof either way, you're projecting that - it simply was not the subject of my post

Last edited by _indigo1 : 12th April 2023 at 18:38.
Old 12th April 2023, 18:48     #2116
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The Ministry of Education's new resource doc for teachers informs them that students can "consider how biological sex has been constructed and measured over time and what this means in relation to people who have variations in sex characteristics; consider variations in puberty, including the role of hormone blockers; explore the role of genetics in constructing debates about gender and sexuality"

starting at age (checks notes) five.

Yeah, nah. If I got the slightest hint that this material was going to be stuffed in the head of a five-year-old child of mine, I'd yank the kid from the school faster than you could say "totally inappropriate".
Old 12th April 2023, 19:14     #2117
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by _indigo1
I didn't indicate my acknowledgement or lack thereof either way, you're projecting that - it simply was not the subject of my post
I have no idea what you're saying. It might be helpful to explain what you find interesting, otherwise anyone wishing to engage with you is inevitably required to project into what you've left empty.

Right now, given your objection, it seems like you just happen to be making whimsical observations. Which I don't think is really the case.
Old 13th April 2023, 08:41     #2118
wazza
*flex*

muh

'You Just Lied': Elon Musk Slaughters BBC Reporter In Live Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqJKAnN0-gM

lulz
Old 14th April 2023, 11:22     #2119
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
'You Just Lied': Elon Musk Slaughters BBC Reporter In Live Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqJKAnN0-gM

lulz
Guy got torn a new one...wow, saying he'd seen more sexist and racist content on twitter then saying he hadn't been using it, and couldn't come up with one example. Dude got owned.
Old 14th April 2023, 19:30     #2120
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Transgender woman gets labelled a man for pissing in the ladies toilets

That's clearly a woman because he says he is, according to fixed_truth.