NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 22nd June 2013, 17:21     #1
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Poll: Who do you want to win? The Lions or Wallabies? And why?

Discuss.
Old 22nd June 2013, 17:53     #2
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The fuck sort of question is that? You never want the fucking Lions to win. Beating the Lions is the pinnacle of rugby.
Old 22nd June 2013, 18:12     #3
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Says the guy from Australia
Old 22nd June 2013, 20:54     #4
xor

I hope Australia wins. Why? Because I work with a Welshman who won't stop talking about it if the Lions win.
Old 22nd June 2013, 22:42     #5
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

I think Australia will lose the first match and win the next two but I'm backing Australia cos fuck Northern hemisphere rugby in its stupid ass - and I hate the poms. So many NZ'ers supporting the Lions though because of Warren Gatland and the Welsh.
Old 22nd June 2013, 23:00     #6
reac
Min Sicker Reac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
So many NZ'ers supporting the Lions though because fuck Australia, that's why.
Old 24th June 2013, 15:03     #7
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Fucking noob move by Beale to wear moulded-sole touch shoes instead of proper winter rugby boots.

WHOOPS.

Quote:
''If I was a coach and I looked at Kurtley Beale coming onto that field wearing moulded boots ...'' Gatland said. ''On the last kick he slipped over. He slipped over on a couple of occasions. You'd ask why has he come out on the field wearing that sort of footwear in those conditions.''

The New Zealander, who coached Wales before being awarded the Lions role, said he had regularly warned Welsh players to wear boots with screw-in studs, not moulded studs, before playing at Millennium Stadium in slippery conditions.

''You've got to turn up with the right tools, don't you,'' he said. ''It's part of your job, making sure that you're prepared.''
Old 24th June 2013, 15:10     #8
pxpx

Ha! Senior Beale. Idiota.
Old 24th June 2013, 18:10     #9
Kryten

Growing up during the Apartheid years, Australia are the one true enemy. Fuck Australia.

The Lions are just this weird mufti wearing group of larrikins having a lark around the globe.

Anyone but Australia. ANYONE.
Old 24th June 2013, 18:24     #10
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The Lions are the last real touring rugby team and beating them is The Best because you only get to have a crack at it once every 12 years. With this fly-in-fly-out Tri-Nations/Rugby Championship bollocks where there's a Springboks test every three weeks for four months, it's not the same.
Old 2nd July 2013, 08:52     #11
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

England beat the All Blacks last year and they think they've turned a corner and are better than the Southern Hemisphereans now. Beating the Wallabies will solidify this belief. I don't think Northern Hemisphereans believing in themselves is good for rugby. Keep them beaten down I say. Southern Hemispherean style of rugby is the reason I watch rugby, fuck those boring wankers up there.
Old 7th July 2013, 01:27     #12
BoyWonder

Pretty convincing win for the Lions - and not your typical northern hemisphere penalty shootout either. Maybe the match was a reflection of Australia sucking again but well done to the Lions all the same
Old 7th July 2013, 06:36     #13
Heresy
yawn.

Yawn fucking yawn.

Lions win percentage against Australia, the easy-beats of the Southern Hemisphere = 75%

Lions win percentage against the mighty All Blacks = 16%

Sixteen fucking percent. This is hardly newsworthy. The only tour that counts happens every 12 years and the Brits know it.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_and_Irish_Lions
Old 8th July 2013, 08:43     #14
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

whatever you thought of the game, it was the kiss of death for Dingo Deans....
Old 8th July 2013, 11:43     #15
HO-Hoon

Fuck Australia.

Fuck the Wallabies.

Good work Agent Deans. Return to Base. Tea and medals await your return (but not the AB's coaching job anytime soon).
Old 8th July 2013, 14:05     #16
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I feel sorry for Robbie - turns out that no matter how hard he polishes he can't change the fact that he's been handed a turd. The Wallabies just lack fundamental rugby skills. Passing, kicking, stepping your man, and jesus don't get me started on scrums. The Wallabies have been shit at scrums for my entire adult life, it never changes.

That's not a failure of coaching, that's a failure of development in Australian rugby at the junior level. It's not the head coach's job to teach players how to catch a pass.
Old 8th July 2013, 19:49     #17
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO-Hoon
Fuck Australia.

Fuck the Wallabies.

Good work Agent Deans. Return to Base. Tea and medals await your return (but not the AB's coaching job anytime soon).
Old 8th July 2013, 20:33     #18
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

http://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?p=1967338