Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 30th August 2007, 09:52     #1
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Toby Lynn Suspended 6 Weeks

This is absolute bullshit.

Newlands punches an unsuspecting Tialata square in the head when he wasn't even ready for it and gets 10 weeks and tries to appeal and moan that his sentence wasn't fair.

Rawlinson puts his hands in Lynns face in a ruck when Lynn's hands are tied up, gets them caught in Rawlinsons mouth and another player coming into the ruck puts pressure on his head clamping Rawlinsons fingers. Lynn gets 6 weeks suspension for intentionally biting, out until the semi-finals, should Waikato make them. Why would Lynn intentionally bite Rawlinson when the game was in the bag, 40+ points on Harbour and there was only 5 minutes left to play. If it was the other way round sure, there may be motive but why would Lynn wanna muck it up and bite someone when the game was already won?? I can't get over it, total bullshit.
Old 30th August 2007, 14:12     #2
blynk

Why would the bulldogs player bite the oppositions arm, why would Newland punch the opposition? Why would someone eye gouge? Why would Lynn bite the opposition.
Occasionally that is what players do.
Rawlinson had his hand in the guys face, and i think his reaction was to bite it. Once he was caught they made up the excuse.
Players don't only do stupid stuff when they are losing.
Old 31st August 2007, 12:20     #3
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

You have a point blynk. Still though, what Lynn did was reactive to Rawlinson doing something stupid. He didn't go out of his way like those others you listed that have been punished. I feel for Lynn, if someone was stuffing their fingers in my face I'm not sure if there would be anything else you COULD do to make them stop.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:18     #4
blynk

I think it was all because it was a bite. If rawlinson was doing something, and lynn rucked him unnecessarily, then there would be next to no punishment, even a punch may not have been as bad.

I think biting and eye gouge are severely frowned upon
Old 31st August 2007, 15:03     #5
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

That must be it :/