NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 19th March 2021, 21:24     #4121
Lightspeed

Hey, the HD rip is up. That actually was helpful.
Old 19th March 2021, 21:27     #4122
wazza
*flex*

Last edited by wazza : 19th March 2021 at 21:29.
Old 19th March 2021, 21:28     #4123
Lightspeed

We're pretty much all on the iptorrents here. I'm good at least. Cheers tho.
Old 19th March 2021, 21:29     #4124
wazza
*flex*

cool
Old 19th March 2021, 21:31     #4125
wazza
*flex*

Reminds me, I have given out 50 invites to IPT in the last 14 years? that I've been on there.. if anyone would like an IPT invite leave an appropriate email address here and I will send an invite, I have 5 currently.

edit: Join date 2007-11-04 19:27:19 (13 years ago)
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:02     #4126
Cyberbob

I somewhat enjoyed Man of Steel, but after the terrible BvS, Suicide Squad, I refused to see the theatrical release of Justice League, Aquaman, Birds of Prey, WW84 etc, and I'm glad I stuck to that after the terrible reception every one of them received.

So yesterday I sat down and watched the Snyder cut.

Not as bad as I thought it'd be, but far too many eye roll moments.

Film:

I'm all for artistic vision, but 4:3 ratio was a shitty vision. Especially for a home release.

The color grading was so extreme the entire film may as well have been in monochrome.

"Treat this seriously because it's dark outside, and everyone's either angry or grieving" was forced far too hard. Angsty and tedious for no real reason.

Whoever had the job of pressing 'play' on the WW music every time Gal Gadot appeared must have been paid per press. That got old real quick. I imagine this will be the stuff of memes. Gal Gadot gets a bottle of milk from the fridge, cue slow mo and da nana nauahanaha.

The score/soundtrack was actually really poor in general. There's serious sad music, please feel serious and sad now.

Plot/characters:

I didn't care about any of the 'ancient warrior' characters. The Amazons were Nic Cage levels of overacting, and the idea of someone fighting like they're in Dragonball Z but then dying when a horse lands on their legs, is a bridge too far.

Once you get past the five minutes of Ben Affleck walking in the snow, the intro to Aquaman was OK until the Norwegian singing for absolutely no reason and to no value what so ever.

Our intro to Flash looked like it was going to be ok until the creepy sequence of him brushing the hair aside on the girl. So cringe it makes Spiderman 3 look like Casablanca.

Cyborg got more screen time than I expected, but he still looked like something from a Michael Bay movie. Saw the sympathy drawing moments from a mile away, nothing original. (mom driving in the snow, dad microwaving himself)

Superman choosing the black suit why? Because dark and brooding, that's why.

The team building "You son of a bitch, I'm in." sequences were uninspired, and the most obvious way to do it.

Villan wise, Steppanwolf was pretty uninspired too. Big grumpy alien guy wants to collect the whole set to bring about the end of the world. Where have I seen that before.
He got a lot better when I compared him to Invader Zim, desperately zoom calling his boss for approval, hoping to convince them to send the Armada to Earth.

The entire Epilogue was a waste of time. I'm all for teasing Injustice, but man, what a waste of time. Joker was terrible. Pure cringe for what seemed like an eternity, an excuse for Batman to swear, a reach around joke, all for a drawn out 'what if' sequence.

I don't want to come across as a Marvel fanboy ripping apart anything DCU, but they need to learn how to have the audience treat them seriously without just putting up a "feel emotion X now" neon light every scene.

In a world where 'Boys', and 'Wandavision' exists, it just can't compete.

For now, if I want a DC property that knows its audience, I'll watch Teen Titans Go.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 22nd March 2021 at 13:05.
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:22     #4127
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I watched it while drinking, which explains why I then posted my thoughts in the TV thread rather than here, so for continuity:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
more coherent than the cinematic release

way too fucking long

more obviously part of the Snyder Murderverse (tm) YEAH GODLIKE SUPERHEROES KILL THOSE INSIGNIFCANT HOMO INSECTS LOLOLOL BODIES GO SPLAT

might as well be filmed in monochrome

there has never been an actor more born to play Superman than Henry Cavill and it's a crying shame that he was handed this shit on a plate by Warner Bros and forced to eat it, twice

Cyborg: still way more interesting in Teen Titans Go than in this yawnfest, sorry Ray Fisher but you picked a bad hill to die on show me that booty scooty

Gal Gadot: fnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg

Wonder Woman musical cues: yeah Zack we all know Spectrasonics Heart of Asia, we played Diablo II Act 2

Flash: better

Hallelujah: fuck off

Following above: better when it was Watchmen

The removal of the Buffyisms is an improvement (IMO) but this is just a shit movie full of characters I love doing shit that makes no sense. The "Death of Superman" arc deserved more than this
Bob, good to see we are both men of taste and acknowledge the superiority of Teen Titans Go.

I'll say this for Zack in spite of all the absolute useless stupid shit that makes no sense: he obviously had a Big Picture idea joining multiple movies together not unlike a mini-MCU, and it may actually have been entertaining. It would have been awful and it would have tainted the characters for ever, but at least he had a vision and it wasn't just a short-term cash grab.

Edit update: what I think Zack's story was:

Batman is haunted by his nightmares of the apocalyptic future (BvS).

Batman causes Superman's death.

After Superman's death, Batman makes a move on Lois Lane because he's Bruce Wayne.

Lois and Bruce are a thing, Lois gets pregnant. (pregnancy test in the drawer, 02:32:13)

Steppenwolf arrives, Superman returns, awkwaaaaard.

Flash discovers that with enough juice the speed force can enable him to enter the Quantum Realm and affect time. (Superman's resurrection, the ZSJL end battle)

Lois pivots straight back to Clark now he's alive again and tells Bruce that the baby's not his anyway.

Darkseid arrives and butthurt Bruce allows Darkseid to roast Lois for being a bitch. (Cyborg's vision of the future while interfacing with the Kryptonian ship, 2:36:59)

Padme's death drives Anakin mad and he joins Palpatine in killing Batman (BvS flash forward) then enslaving the world, bringing about the apocalyptic future. (Cyborg's vision of the future while interfacing with the Kryptonian ship, 02:37:17)

In the apocalyptic future we meet the Joker, who teases Batman about his affair with Lois, but Batman needs the Joker to steal a Macguffin (ZSJL epilogue, 03:47:07) to give Flash enough juice to travel back through time and take the Infinity Stones back and send a message to past Bruce telling him that the dreams were real and he was right about Superman and that Lois is the cause of it all and that if she can just not be a bitch and die then the apocalyptic future won't eventuate. This happens, and the speed force brings a bit of that timeline's future into the past giving Bruce the nightmares, but when he wakes and sees Flash Bruce doesn't understand the message. (All shown in BvS)

Something something wobbly-wobbly timey-wimey, the end.

Entertaining, depressing as fuck, we end up hating everyone, Zack Snyder hates superheroes. I'm glad this story never got made.
Old 22nd March 2021, 15:16     #4128
Cyberbob

Just have them make a four hour version of “The Night Begins To Shine” and I’ll be there.
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:05     #4129
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

PS HB Bob
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:52     #4130
MadMax
Stuff

Predestination: a time cop makes a bisexual go back in time for the weirdest encounter ever put onto film.
Old 22nd March 2021, 20:25     #4131
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I'll say this for Zack...
Not saying you're wrong but had some legit laughs reading that Cheers

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 23rd March 2021, 07:24     #4132
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Predestination: a time cop makes a bisexual go back in time for the weirdest encounter ever put onto film.
Old 27th March 2021, 01:10     #4133
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Old 27th March 2021, 01:10     #4134
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

DC therefore bad; James Gunn therefore good. Let's see.
Old 27th March 2021, 13:41     #4135
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
DC therefore bad; James Gunn therefore good. Let's see.
It's like strapping a piece of buttered toast to the back of a cat then dropping the assembled unit

Old 27th March 2021, 15:03     #4136
Cyberbob

The Suicide Squad trailer
It's definitely more Deadpool and less terrible recent DC.

It looks like they're pulling some humor from the recent Harley Quinn series, in a really good way.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 27th March 2021 at 15:04.
Old 30th March 2021, 23:19     #4137
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Cyborg got more screen time than I expected, but he still looked like something from a Michael Bay movie. Saw the sympathy drawing moments from a mile away, nothing original. (mom driving in the snow, dad microwaving himself)
I liked the bit where Dr Miles Dyson worked on cyborg tech, then pushed a button to blow it all up.

or was it this guy?

Oh man, now he's typecast.
Old 2nd April 2021, 09:09     #4138
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
I liked the bit where Dr Miles Dyson worked on cyborg tech, then pushed a button to blow it all up.

or was it this guy?

Oh man, now he's typecast.
rofl, i pointed that out to my gf. paused and fetched the appropriate scene from youtube and all(similar to your gif). she said "babe, can we keep watching now"
she cares not for scenes from a movie from when she was a year old hahaha
Old 4th April 2021, 01:13     #4139
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Godzilla vs Kong was an utterly stupid pointless CG destructionfest and it was awesome and perfect for Saturday night viewing.
Old 4th April 2021, 01:56     #4140
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

Godzilla vs Kong is a touching and daring movie about the power of monkey.
Old 4th April 2021, 04:31     #4141
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Totally worth it just to hear Ricky Baker say "it's... MECHA-GODZILLA!"
Old 4th April 2021, 09:16     #4142
wazza
*flex*

lol, might watch it tonight. ta
Old 9th April 2021, 13:19     #4143
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Interesting interview with the writer of Yawn of Justice and Snyder’s Justice League:

https://apple.news/AiSHf9pFHSmy-Mm_4K8hudA
Old 9th April 2021, 14:02     #4144
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Interesting interview with the writer of Yawn of Justice and Snyder’s Justice League:

https://apple.news/AiSHf9pFHSmy-Mm_4K8hudA
The soppy Dad in me is willing to let the Hallelujah bit slide now.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...gue-snyder-cut
Old 9th April 2021, 19:39     #4145
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
The soppy Dad in me is willing to let the Hallelujah bit slide now.
Yep.
Old 11th April 2021, 21:10     #4146
wazza
*flex*

Devil grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Godzilla vs Kong was an utterly stupid pointless CG destructionfest and it was awesome and perfect for Saturday night viewing.
Girlfriend and I watched this tonight. Fuck that was _awesome_!!1
Old 15th April 2021, 02:10     #4147
crocos

Next piece of Ryan Reynolds / Samuel L Jackson lunacy:
Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

Looks fun, even with all the depth of a very not deep thing.

Old 17th April 2021, 15:46     #4148
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Nobody (2021)

Starring Bob Odenkirk, Christopher Lloyd, and RZA from Wu Tang

I liked it, especially because it doesn't contain superheroes or bullshit monsters.
Old 17th April 2021, 16:37     #4149
wazza
*flex*

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Nobody (2021)

Starring Bob Odenkirk, Christopher Lloyd, and RZA from Wu Tang

I liked it, especially because it doesn't contain superheroes or bullshit monsters.
Watched it last night with my missus, she tapped out about 15mins in, way too violent for her. I basically loved every moment of it

A+
Old 23rd April 2021, 18:26     #4150
wazza
*flex*

Mortal Kombat 2021 1080p WEB-DL DD5 1 H 264-EVO
Old 23rd April 2021, 22:21     #4151
Native
I... err - F*ck It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
Watched it last night with my missus, she tapped out about 15mins in, way too violent for her. I basically loved every moment of it

A+
This.
Old 24th April 2021, 01:47     #4152
crocos

Quote:
Mortal Kombat
Saw this tonight at Hoyts here in Melbs.

Miles better than Superman vs Batman, but that's a pretty low bar.

What was there was good, just feels like it was missing something.

Old 24th April 2021, 11:23     #4153
fixed_truth

+1 for Nobody. That fight scene on the bus felt like you were watching a fight irl.
Old 24th April 2021, 12:15     #4154
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Saw this tonight at Hoyts here in Melbs.

Miles better than Superman vs Batman, but that's a pretty low bar.

What was there was good, just feels like it was missing something.
I would class Mortal Kombat was the worst movie I have ever seen. I've been on IMDb since 1997 and this was the first movie I gave a 1/10 to.

Conversely Superman vs Batman was a movie I couldn't look away from. I fucken love Superman.
Old 24th April 2021, 12:16     #4155
wazza
*flex*

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
+1 for Nobody. That fight scene on the bus felt like you were watching a fight irl.
That was where my girlfriend tapped out, and that was when I started laughing like a maniac
Old 24th April 2021, 23:00     #4156
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
I would class Mortal Kombat was the worst movie I have ever seen.
I wish I had checked this thread before I started watching it.

If you don't mind subtitles and want to venture outside of US movies, I liked Wolf Warrior 2 (2017) (China's take on making the military appealing, lots of action), and Battle for Sevastopol (2015) - a true story about one of Ukraine's top snipers - who happens to be a woman.
Old 25th April 2021, 08:04     #4157
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Battle for Sevastopol (2015) - a true story about one of Ukraine's top snipers - who happens to be a woman.
Wow, I'd be keen to see it. There's an awesome Drunken History episode about her & Eleanor Roosevelt being best buds and the role they played in getting the American public involved in the war effort.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 25th April 2021 at 08:05.
Old 26th April 2021, 01:59     #4158
Lightspeed

Mortal Kombat was decent! Obviously cheese dialogue. But the character and set designs were so freakin' cool! And that synth soundtrack. /chef's kiss

Shoulda seen it at the movies.
Old 26th April 2021, 19:39     #4159
Savage

Quote:
I would class Mortal Kombat was the worst movie I have ever seen. I've been on IMDb since 1997 and this was the first movie I gave a 1/10 to.
Concur; it was nearly as bad as MK:Annihilation. Bitterly disappointed as the trailer made it look awesome. Kano was about the only good part.
Old 26th April 2021, 21:43     #4160
Savage

Stowaway

Not bad, 6.5/10