Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 19th August 2008, 20:07     #2281
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
"Shall we play a game".
I'm not going to play your little game. I don't know where it's been!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 19th August 2008, 20:43     #2282
Asriel

Would one expect a letter sent to Canberra from Auckland to take a month or so to get there? Fuck.
Old 19th August 2008, 20:48     #2283
tarzan007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asriel
Would one expect a letter sent to Canberra from Auckland to take a month or so to get there? Fuck.
Its Canberra...the letter probably didn't want to end up in that boring as bat shit town...
Old 19th August 2008, 20:59     #2284
crocos

Hmm... Hells Pizza has a new website. When did that happen?

Old 19th August 2008, 21:25     #2285
dead goon

I'm gonna install Warcraft 3 again.
Old 19th August 2008, 21:26     #2286
xor

http://www.geneglover.co.nz/

Bought a couple of canvas' from this guy. Has a few cool photo's on there
Old 20th August 2008, 11:15     #2287
Cyberbob

Whats the ship sitting in the wellington harbour at the moment?

It was shooting cannons just before.

looks like a bluebridge but it's just sitting there not moving.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:27     #2288
Fx.

invaded
Old 20th August 2008, 11:34     #2289
Cyberbob

*finds minuteman outfit*
Old 20th August 2008, 11:37     #2290
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

wellington is NOT ok! its the spanish come to take our women!

(actually, its only wellington women....)
Old 20th August 2008, 12:07     #2291
Draco T Bastard

Oh dear
Old 20th August 2008, 12:09     #2292
tarzan007

I love getting positive feedback on things that you do that are slightly out of the ordinary!

I made some trailers for one of our stations that was completely different to anything else they'd played before and they are lapping it up hahaha, awesome!
Old 20th August 2008, 12:33     #2293
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco T Bastard
Exsqueeze me?
Old 20th August 2008, 12:42     #2294
ZoSo

A tribute.
Old 20th August 2008, 12:43     #2295
cEvin
Love In Vein

Y So Σείριος?
Old 20th August 2008, 13:15     #2296
Spink

Anyone who doesn't know what the daily show or jon stewart is you can watch it (and the colbert report) free online on their site www.thedailyshow.com and it works from new zealand unlike half the other comedy central shit :O It's a MTWT show and the latest show won't be up til I guess between 7 and 9pm tonight but the past 4 weeks of both is there for viewin atm.

edit: also should note that jon stewart promised to do any political satire new zealand needed once making satirical stuff about the actions of MPs in parliament was banned

Last edited by Spink : 20th August 2008 at 13:16.
Old 20th August 2008, 13:18     #2297
Redneck

two of our species' greatest cultural treasures
Old 20th August 2008, 15:38     #2298
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo

A tribute.
You included the thumbnail, but not the link?

What a silly Zo an' So!

Old 20th August 2008, 18:24     #2299
Caesar

How being a geek has irreparably changed the way we see and think about things now.

No matter how hard I try I can't see anything other than a smilie from : ) (WTFs the disable smilie box?) , it impossible, no matter what context its used in.
I can't look at the number 1337 without seeing L33t.
I logged a job for a lady today who's last name was Hutt, and the very first thing that popped into my mind was Jabba.
Took a call from the Diplomatic Protection Squad who's display name on the phone display was simply DPS, what did I think of?? World of Warcraft...

/sigh
Old 20th August 2008, 21:03     #2300
duckmannz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
How being a geek has irreparably changed the way we see and think about things now.
Wait until you get excited over your odometer showing 127001
Old 20th August 2008, 22:16     #2301
doppelgänger of someone

What a stylish woman's business suit looks like.

Compared with our PM's. Even the Queen dresses better than her, and that's almost impossible.

I've walked past Adrienne Winkleman in Auckland, where our beloved PM buys her business suits. Their designs are expensive as they are DIRE.
Old 20th August 2008, 23:34     #2302
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:

No matter how hard I try I can't see anything other than a smilie from : ) (WTFs the disable smilie box?) , it impossible, no matter what context its used in.
I logged a job for a lady today who's last name was Hutt, and the very first thing that popped into my mind was Jabba.
Took a call from the Diplomatic Protection Squad who's display name on the phone display was simply DPS, what did I think of?? World of Warcraft...

/sigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmannz
Wait until you get excited over your odometer showing 127001
You guys aren't geeks. You're NERDS.
Old 21st August 2008, 00:22     #2303
p01s0n

Quote:
This is acceptable..

Quote:
/sigh
This means you need to get out more.

And that wraps up another post where I tell someone else how to live their life.
Old 21st August 2008, 00:25     #2304
Draco T Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
Compared with our PM's. Even the Queen dresses better than her, and that's almost impossible.

I've walked past Adrienne Winkleman in Auckland, where our beloved PM buys her business suits. Their designs are expensive as they are DIRE.
I don't think she's badly dressed - she just doesn't have the figure or the face to wear them well. Someone with the right physique can make scruffy jeans and a T-shirt look good.

It would probably help if she grew her hair long rather than having a hatchet job done on it.
Old 21st August 2008, 00:26     #2305
Draco T Bastard

Quote:
Well, I suppose it was kinda in context...
Old 21st August 2008, 04:13     #2306
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
You guys aren't geeks. You're NERDS.
Yeah well donno what I am actually coz being a Geek or Nerd is usually associated with being pretty intelligent but, I'm a dumb cunt, so I don't quite know where I fit in

I think we need to come up with some sort of sub geek/nerd class name... a Gerd? or a Neek maybe...
Old 21st August 2008, 12:30     #2307
xor

Quote:
[img]
That comment there shows you don't know what you're talking about. The Queen was a trend setter back in the day.
Old 21st August 2008, 13:59     #2308
doppelgänger of someone

That comment there shows YOU don't know what you're talking about. I've seen her photos in 50s, the Queen was the hot young stylish thing back then. Yes, BACK THEN. That Marks and Spencer look is getting a bit OLD, especially because she's no longer that slim figure she once was. And nothing EVER goes well with tiara, girls remember that. (I've seen women wearing tiara in their weddings, OMG PLEASE STOP.)

I pick Condi Rice to compare with Helen Clark because they are similar in position: they are two no-non sense people, but only one dresses like a clown. Here is a direct comparison:

Just look below neck. Condi Rice is average but my god Helen Clark's horrible jacket REALLY shows. I don't give a fig about business suits unless they are really really atrocious or really really good, and Helen Clark's choices are the worst of the WORST.

Last edited by doppelgänger of someone : 21st August 2008 at 14:00.
Old 21st August 2008, 14:00     #2309
Lightspeed

So what area of the fashion industry do you work in? I think it looks okay, but fashion isn't really my field of expertise.
Old 21st August 2008, 14:07     #2310
Jonas Undrawing

Quote:
Yeah well donno what I am actually coz being a Geek or Nerd is usually associated with being pretty intelligent but, I'm a dumb cunt, so I don't quite know where I fit in

I think we need to come up with some sort of sub geek/nerd class name... a Gerd? or a Neek maybe...
dorklord. hah!
Old 21st August 2008, 14:14     #2311
CCS
Stunt Pants

Cunning linguist

Quote:
DUMB NERD!!
Old 21st August 2008, 14:39     #2312
Mickey

Helen has always had shocking dress sense but people don't seem to care. I guess at the end of the day it doesn't have an impact on the job she does. And no I'm not a member of the vote for helen club at all, I just don't see the point of it all tbh.

Her outfits provide comic relief so they are good for something. I especially loved the hair she had at Sir Ed's funeral. Perhaps she is hoping the dragged backwards through a bush look will catch on.
Old 21st August 2008, 15:54     #2313
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Helen isn't exactly attractive, thus any effort on her behalf to dress "well" would be cruelly mocked and seen as "try hard" by everyone from the political satirists through to the women's magazines.
Basically we're a bunch of (insert generic bland insult of choice here) with nothing better to do than try to take down people who are doing far more with their lives than we are over trivial and inconsequential issues. Sad, ain't it
Old 21st August 2008, 15:57     #2314
doppelgänger of someone

Very angry

I don't judge people's job performance by their looks (unless the job is to look sharp). I just hate to see people let themselves go like that.

And you don't need to be some self-proclaimed fashion expert to know what to wear. All you need is a bit of common sense. Condi Rice isn't exactly 'attractive' either but she dresses well. Credit to her. None for PM.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:00     #2315
Lightspeed

I think you might misunderstand the nature of fashion...
Old 21st August 2008, 16:10     #2316
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
I just hate to see people let themselves go like that.
I tell you what, Carson - why don't you take your four hip and trendy friends and go fix up that PM, make her stop "letting herself go" and show her how great she can really look if she just "zhooshes" up her style a little? Woman's Weekly will so thank you for it, sweetie!
Old 21st August 2008, 16:13     #2317
Haydos

Stop being so mean, you'll make me swoon.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:14     #2318
StN
I have detailed files

I always wondered how they spelled that. Well, not for all that long.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:16     #2319
doppelgänger of someone

muh

Actually I've thought of that, except I want her to be on the cover of the Economist instead of Woman's Weekly, and people would go OMG I'VE GOT TO INVEST IN NEW ZEALAND RIGHT NOW after seeing what I (and my four non-gay metrosexual buddies) have done with her.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:23     #2320
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
fashion isn't really my field of expertise.
you dont say