NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 18th December 2010, 18:36     #3761
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Mike King comedy roast is on Comedy Central right now (5:30-6pm)... can't imagine it will be as funny as any of the US ones but I'll watch anyway...
Old 18th December 2010, 20:08     #3762
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
Mike King comedy roast is on Comedy Central right now (5:30-6pm)... can't imagine it will be as funny as any of the US ones but I'll watch anyway...
watched it the other night. 7/10 - it's not too bad at all!
Old 18th December 2010, 20:27     #3763
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick
watched it the other night. 7/10 - it's not too bad at all!
Meh, had a couple of chuckles, but they were pretty tame with one another. I enjoy watching Lisa Lampanelli who is on most of the US ones..
Old 18th December 2010, 20:49     #3764
chiQ
Frag-muff

Wash your mouth out Pepsi. The Americans don't know how to conduct a proper roast. I watched a couple of them on CC and they were utterly awful. You get the likes of John Cleese and Rowan Atkinson running a roast and you get the real deal. I've always thought Stephen Fry would make a masterful roaster...
Old 18th December 2010, 20:55     #3765
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Stephen Fry is my favourite fry.
Old 18th December 2010, 22:14     #3766
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
Wash your mouth out Pepsi. The Americans don't know how to conduct a proper roast. I watched a couple of them on CC and they were utterly awful. You get the likes of John Cleese and Rowan Atkinson running a roast and you get the real deal. I've always thought Stephen Fry would make a masterful roaster...
I have never seen a roast that I actually thought was any good. The whole set up just seems wrong.

Casual situations can have some hilarious stingers but in a pre meditated situation it just always seems to fall flat. Maybe I am watching the wrong ones.

Do have an example of a good one?
Old 18th December 2010, 22:18     #3767
Nich

Same. Although William Shatner's recent roast was the saddest thing i've ever seen on television (hosted by Jason Alexander... fizzler), at the end Shatner says "Who ARE you people? I am William T Shatner!" . He should have roasted himself for the whole hour.
Old 18th December 2010, 23:16     #3768
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Have to admit I have never seen a Brit one, but I would imagine they would be pretty awesome. Of the ones on CC, The Pamela Anderson one was pretty funny, with Jimmy Kimmel as the roastmaster.
Old 18th December 2010, 23:54     #3769
chiQ
Frag-muff

Basically, the underlying vibe behind all the proper roasts I have seen is one of tribute. It's like 'This Is Your Life', a 21st, and a gentle, verbal hazing all rolled into one. There is affection, humour, and of course lots of jibes, but it's not meant to be insulting, unpleasant, or (IME) anything like as nasty as the CC ones have been. They just say horrid things for laughs. There's no cleverness, subtlety, or love. It's shit.
Old 18th December 2010, 23:56     #3770
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Same. Although William Shatner's recent roast was the saddest thing i've ever seen on television (hosted by Jason Alexander... fizzler), at the end Shatner says "Who ARE you people? I am William T Shatner!" . He should have roasted himself for the whole hour.
Go go the shat.

They could do evil shat vs good shat.

Now that would be a roast!
Old 19th December 2010, 00:00     #3771
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
It's shit.
Funny shit, though.
Old 19th December 2010, 12:55     #3772
Cyberbob

Quote:
sv_crocos

But then it'd be a fry, not a roast!

..Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
The worst I saw was The Hoff. I was expecting him to do a big part at the end of it all, but he did a little song with KITT and that was it.

At least Shatners had George Takei, who rocks.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 19th December 2010 at 12:57.
Old 19th December 2010, 15:02     #3773
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaZeR
Yeah it sucks. one of the best SF series in production at the moment and they can it. *sigh* SyFy really is the graveyard for science fiction these days. They have gone fantasy magical reality of late with Sanctuary, Warehouse 13, Eureka and the like doing well. (Not that I mind Sanctuary too much at the moment, it has picked up a bit in the third season.)
Old 19th December 2010, 17:42     #3774
BathTub

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpandnz
Battlestar Galatica. Season 1. HD DVD. Never seen the show before, started watching from the beginning, including the mini series. Seems like a great show. Real enjoying it.

Whats the rest of the series like?
Skip the last season.
Kevin: Oh yeah, when we do, I would hope that we're smart enough to attempt a doctrine of appeasement with them, you know we offer them, I don't know, New Zealand in exchange for them not burning down my house,.. Ah, I mean our houses.
Mike: Good Kevin, that's real brave.
Mike Nelson & Kevin Murphy - Reign of Fire Rifftrax
Old 20th December 2010, 01:39     #3775
Caesar

I take it the reason why no one has mentioned the season finally of Dexter was because it was a big anti climax?
Old 20th December 2010, 03:50     #3776
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathTub
Skip the last season.
There's one in every crowd.

So Mr Tub, how would you have finished the show so that you could satisfy everyone, and conclude the myriad storylines?

Edit
Also, it's cool watching the whole thing through a second time. It becomes quite obvious they really did have the ending in mind (regardless of what a lot of geeks would argue). The show very much revolves around Caprica 6 and Gaius, and it's pretty clear they've been set on their divergent paths by God, to experience both sides of the various conflicts, and arrive at a harmonious resolution. The show is pretty much riddled with clues that that's what's going on. I didn't find the end offensive at all, and I'm an atheist.

Last edited by fidgit : 20th December 2010 at 03:54.
Old 20th December 2010, 10:04     #3777
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
I take it the reason why no one has mentioned the season finally of Dexter was because it was a big anti climax?
Maybe, but it sets the stage nicely for the sixth season in some ways. I think it was a mistake for them to announce that there was going to be a sixth season before the 5th season ended because it meant that we all knew that somehow Dexter would have to get away with it, otherwise the 6th season wouldn't be getting made. I think that killed a lot of the suspense for me.
Old 20th December 2010, 16:41     #3778
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
I think it was a mistake for them to announce that there was going to be a sixth season before the 5th season ended.
Oh really? fuck I missed hearing/reading that. That'd probably explain why I found it an anti climax then.
Old 20th December 2010, 19:50     #3779
BathTub

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
There's one in every crowd.

So Mr Tub, how would you have finished the show so that you could satisfy everyone, and conclude the myriad storylines?

Edit
Also, it's cool watching the whole thing through a second time. It becomes quite obvious they really did have the ending in mind (regardless of what a lot of geeks would argue). The show very much revolves around Caprica 6 and Gaius, and it's pretty clear they've been set on their divergent paths by God, to experience both sides of the various conflicts, and arrive at a harmonious resolution. The show is pretty much riddled with clues that that's what's going on. I didn't find the end offensive at all, and I'm an atheist.
Actually have a real idea how it's going to end at the beginning. And pace the show accordingly. I was part of a group that watched the show almost religiously each week, with people then sitting around for hours discussing it all. By the end, half the people couldn't be bothered to even show up, and at least one of the guys still hasn't bothered to watch the final. And I've never heard of anyone being offended.
Kevin: Oh yeah, when we do, I would hope that we're smart enough to attempt a doctrine of appeasement with them, you know we offer them, I don't know, New Zealand in exchange for them not burning down my house,.. Ah, I mean our houses.
Mike: Good Kevin, that's real brave.
Mike Nelson & Kevin Murphy - Reign of Fire Rifftrax
Old 20th December 2010, 22:50     #3780
StN
I have detailed files

ROFL - Fishermans friend.

And best use of blood in a nativity scene ever.
Old 20th December 2010, 23:37     #3781
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
ROFL - Fishermans friend.

And best use of blood in a nativity scene ever.
That was an awesome ep alright

Makes me really excited about next season if they did go ahead and make use of all of that money..
Old 20th December 2010, 23:45     #3782
StN
I have detailed files

I wonder if Marnie is related to Cassie from S1 of Skins.
Old 20th December 2010, 23:58     #3783
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Same kind of baby faced look to both of them, but apparently not.
Old 20th December 2010, 23:59     #3784
SumJaun
Cogito Ergo Sum

Gold Rush Alaska.

Quote:
Six men respond to the current economic downturn in America to go in search of gold in the wilderness of Alaska. Watch as they try to hit it big!
Discovery Channel Reality show similar to Deadliest Catch, IRT etc.
Old 21st December 2010, 21:44     #3785
ceer

Misfits EP 6 was awesome...the triple...heh! tears to my eyes ...and looks like a Xmas special to end it.
Old 21st December 2010, 21:48     #3786
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

The Christmas ep was on yesterday. It was choice
Old 22nd December 2010, 13:13     #3787
Narnaman

There be a new a Topgear out, but the Christmas special on Sunday
Old 23rd December 2010, 08:23     #3788
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceer
Misfits EP 6 was awesome...the triple...heh! tears to my eyes ...and looks like a Xmas special to end it.
farking awesome end to the season!

back next year for S3
Old 25th December 2010, 22:59     #3789
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Peep.Show.And.Tell.WS.PDTV.XviD-PVR

awesome sauce
Old 26th December 2010, 15:28     #3790
Caesar

Awesome....
Californication S4 1 and 2 are out.
/edit
Bigger file size too for the standard edition I notice.

Last edited by Caesar : 26th December 2010 at 15:30.
Old 26th December 2010, 15:38     #3791
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

It seems a weird time of year to start the new season, have you watched it yet? I understood it wasn't supposed to start until Jan 9th..
Old 26th December 2010, 16:18     #3792
Caesar

No watchie of it yet, still coming down the pipes as it were.
Just read that its a showtime leak.
Old 26th December 2010, 18:03     #3793
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

saw those yesterday. didn't read the .nfo

might grab them, when i eventually read the .nfo
Old 26th December 2010, 19:14     #3794
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

ricky.gervais.out.of.england.2.the.stand-up.special.hdtv.xvid-sys
Old 29th December 2010, 12:30     #3795
Lightspeed

Man, Fringe is going from strength to strength. The series is so well put together.
Old 29th December 2010, 13:08     #3796
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Man, Fringe is going from strength to strength. The series is so well put together.
Old 30th December 2010, 19:38     #3797
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

proper quality good rips

Californication S04E01 DVDSCR XViD-SPRiNTER
Californication S04E02 DVDSCR XViD-SPRiNTER
Old 30th December 2010, 23:01     #3798
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

UFC.125.Countdown.HDTV.XviD-aAF
Old 31st December 2010, 11:08     #3799
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Just another vote for the wonder that is Fringe :-)

Also caught the first couple of episodes of Walking Dead - not bad at all. Working through season 1 of Deadwood at the moment - just loving it!

Pixie
Old 2nd January 2011, 22:43     #3800
Deadmeat

BBC Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently Dec 16, 2010 XviD

It's pretty good, hope they make more.