NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 7th October 2009, 11:57     #2121
?>Superman

Devil grin

I didn't watch any of Stargate Atlantis and only watched Stargate when it was on TV ages ago (probably first season or something)...but since i like spacey sci-fi shit i figured i'd check out Stargate Universe.

Only watched a quarter of it before getting bored, some faggot MMO player as a lead char? Fuck.

Might re-watch full episode just in case i missed the part where it gets awesome.
Old 7th October 2009, 16:52     #2122
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
Set out to watch SG:U and realised I never finished the last half of season 5 Atlantis. Wonder if I should grind those out first.. Can't stand any of the leads though and there's not nearly enough Jewel Staite to make it tolerable.
Season five was pretty forgettable. Included one two many deus ex solutions. The finale is also horribly rushed and very abrupt.

Stargate Universe on the other hand had a very nice pilot episode. It is looking promising so far.
Old 7th October 2009, 21:24     #2123
Madman

Fucking lol @ Entourage season finale. I love Ari.

Also omgwtf at Dexter S4E1 - awesome ep!
Old 7th October 2009, 21:29     #2124
Helious

S4E1 ?? a week behind there mate. S4E2 was good~
Old 7th October 2009, 21:52     #2125
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandalador
I haven't checked out Fringe, find it very hard to watch anything with Pacey in it.
Is it really worth the bandwidth to check it out or is it just another CSISVUNCIS?
Think X-Files and you're in the right direction. It's a Fantastics show, not a Cop show.

And season 2, despite my misgivings, has kept this up so far. Yay for X-Files-type-shows.
Old 7th October 2009, 23:04     #2126
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Mythbusters starts tomorrow! Oooooou yeah!
Old 8th October 2009, 06:10     #2127
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

SG:U looks promising. I'm glad that senator dude died. I hate him as an actor.
Old 8th October 2009, 18:01     #2128
Caesar

Has anyone checked out Cougar Town yet?
/me looks in Helious direction.....
Old 8th October 2009, 18:50     #2129
Larno

I loved SG:1 & Atlantis 2 of my favs shows, but I was heavily underwhelmed by SG:U to be honest. May have just been the lack of the usual stargate light comic relief in the main chars, I really didn't like Robert Carlyes char at all, just pissed me off for some reason...
Old 8th October 2009, 18:56     #2130
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
Has anyone checked out Cougar Town yet?
/me looks in Helious direction.....
I considered looking at it. I've got too much on my plate atm. I'm a few weeks behind on some shows. I've pretty much just watching The Sopranos. Halfway through S4.
Old 8th October 2009, 22:41     #2131
Cyberbob

I've watched the first two eps of Cougar.. I like it. Very typecast characters, ie: it's not Courteney Cox & Christa Miller with Dan Byrd as the kid, it's Monica from Friends & Jordan from Scrubs with that guy from Aliens in America as the kid.
Old 9th October 2009, 11:57     #2132
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Ugh, I tried to watch more of Atlantis but I just couldn't do it, as soon as I realised it was an episode centering around the cardboard cutout "ooh I'm so menacing" guy I had to switch it off. The four leads on that show just have none of the charisma of SG1 (original version) . Even the replacement SG1ers like Parker Lewis and the farscape guy are better than that.

On the other hand I found SG:U quite enjoyable.. Hamish Macbeth's certainly got more acting chops than the guy whose career highlight was Baywatch.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:40     #2133
Narnaman

Tasty

Any one watching Glee? Its kind of a kiddy feel good show. but its still pretty funny. I also found out what Glee actually was

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, But Man V Food is great, just don't watch it before you go out grocery shopping .
Old 9th October 2009, 20:19     #2134
A Corpse
talkative lurker

The ads for Glee turned me off it. Book, cover, I know.
Old 10th October 2009, 00:12     #2135
tarzan007

i watched the first episode of glee - it seemed like high school musical, but for adults. stuff that...
Old 10th October 2009, 00:31     #2136
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larno
I really didn't like Robert Carlyes char at all, just pissed me off for some reason...
he needed M&M's on his head
Old 10th October 2009, 16:34     #2137
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

New season of 30 Rock Oct 15. Can't wait 'til Friday. I've been making my way through season 1-3 the past few weeks in anticipation. What the what?!
Old 10th October 2009, 17:28     #2138
Larno

Quote:
Originally Posted by flic
he needed M&M's on his head

Haha, but he's not an american hero, it just wouldn't be the same.
Old 10th October 2009, 19:03     #2139
Thursday

Anyone watching Bored to Death? Show rocks IMO. It's got the star of I Heart Huckabees and the wierd guy from The Hangover.

Basic plot is an alcoholic stoner gets dumped and decides to freelance as a private detective only knowing what he has read in novels.
Old 11th October 2009, 01:51     #2140
Solvent

I'm feeling Bored to Death. HBO, how could it miss?
Old 11th October 2009, 02:49     #2141
herp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday
Anyone watching Bored to Death? Show rocks IMO. It's got the star of I Heart Huckabees and the wierd guy from The Hangover.
I thought the first episode was slow and boring, does it get any better?
Old 11th October 2009, 03:07     #2142
crocos

Chuck may be on it's way sooner than March.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 13th October 2009, 11:44     #2143
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Kinda digging SG:U even more after watching the "third" episode. You can tell they were heavily influenced by the Lost school of TV making as well (dare I say Lost in Space?), which is a little ironic after how they mocked it in the SG:1 episode 200. Just hope that little teaser at the end isn't leading to some reveal of "the big bad alien species" that will be the focus of the whole thing as that concept is a little tired after the Goa'uld, Aur'ri and Wraith. (well probably after just the Goa'uld tbh).

Last edited by Saladin : 13th October 2009 at 11:47.
Old 13th October 2009, 11:59     #2144
flic
Dee Hast Mish

It really feels like they made SGU for people who have never watched the previous SG shows.

Which annoys me a little.

I prefer these shows to have the geniuses around to do the impossible. We now have a bunch of joe's who know just enough to get by and they're going to have to survive...... for what?

To get home? It's been done.

Get them breeding with some aliens on another planet or something!
Old 13th October 2009, 21:42     #2145
Spink

heroes: the new girl's theme music still creeps me out.
house: so yesterday my mum was saying part of her house episode didn't record on mysky and then she said it didn't matter since every episode ends in house having a discussion with wilson and having an epiphany based on something one of them says and god this happened again.
sg:u: I really want to like it but trying to pack the 9 Main characters in all the time is pretty painful hopefully it will get back to basics once all the introductions are out of the way. I really prefer the non story arc episodes of sg:a/sg:1 hell any sci-fi basically the type of episode that is an away mission that is used to portray a "what if..." moral situation that first year philosophy teachers love so much.
Old 13th October 2009, 22:47     #2146
A Corpse
talkative lurker

With the current dearth of watchable sci-fi I'll probably go back and watch Farscape again.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:07     #2147
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Last night's episode of Family Guy (yeah, I watched it on TV, oh the shame) cracks me up every time. When Brian gets drunk and makes out with Meg and she gets obsessed with him. She bakes him a pie and when he's eating it she tells him it has her hair in it.

Later on Brian admits to Lois that they made out, and that "She made me eat the hair in her pie" and Lois slugs him. Then he says "No, it's not what you think, Stewie had some too." and *BLAM* another slug. Has me in stitches every time.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:10     #2148
Cyberbob

I gotta say, House is getting significantly better. Not just plot wise, but production wise too. It's always been an outstanding show, but each episode this season (and a lot of the last one) has been a work of art.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:24     #2149
Cyberbob

Here's a site that reviews House episodes from a medical point of view. it gives a good general review, then nitpicks the medical aspects of the episode.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:24     #2150
ZoSo

Thought I'd finally check an SG due to Carlyle in it and some of the comments here. What a mistake. SG:U is terrible TV. Carlyle's character is no doubt going to be the misunderstood and blamed guy all fucking season and how anyone can bear a second of that fat Eli prat on screen is beyond me. The exact kind of US TV I hate with a passion.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:33     #2151
_Incubus_

Episode 5 of the new Heroes was shithouse, I kept thinking its going to get better right from Season 2..alas i was wrong
Old 16th October 2009, 15:38     #2152
Cyberbob

Yea, Heroes went down the hooooole. I stopped watching when Petrelli killed the african future painter guy. Never bothered watching it after then.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:52     #2153
?>Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
Thought I'd finally check an SG due to Carlyle in it and some of the comments here. What a mistake. SG:U is terrible TV. Carlyle's character is no doubt going to be the misunderstood and blamed guy all fucking season and how anyone can bear a second of that fat Eli prat on screen is beyond me. The exact kind of US TV I hate with a passion.
^Word, i watched the rest of that episode and found it to be a pile of horseshit.

Which is a pity because i've been dying for some Sci-Fi....maybe i'll watch the first SG series to fill the gap :D
Old 16th October 2009, 16:57     #2154
flic
Dee Hast Mish

A rewatch of BSG would be worth it too, knowing how it ends.

Heroes I gave up on part way through season 2

SGU better get better

CSI Vegas is great !

And I have to admit, I can't go without my Project Runway even though it was made last year
Old 16th October 2009, 16:59     #2155
Kryten

22 days until Friday Night Lights season 4 starts! I'm stoked it's been picked up for another two seasons, even if they are only 13 episodes each.
Old 16th October 2009, 17:08     #2156
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
22 days until Friday Night Lights season 4 starts! I'm stoked it's been picked up for another two seasons, even if they are only 13 episodes each.
Yeah boy~~~~~~, really good show eh

I see myself as a Tim Riggins! haha
Old 17th October 2009, 14:59     #2157
_Incubus_

I was worried that the Hills wouldnt survive without Lauren, bringing in Kristin was a master stroke..best eps ever.
Old 17th October 2009, 15:21     #2158
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
I was worried that the Hills wouldnt survive without Lauren, bringing in Kristin was a master stroke..best eps ever.
Dude, what the fuck.
Old 17th October 2009, 15:35     #2159
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
Ban.
Old 17th October 2009, 16:09     #2160
?>Superman

Say it ain't so Incubus