User Name
Password

Old 24th June 2009, 14:13     #1681
Hurtuso

Cheesy grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah
But signs of a movie, yo. Oh yes.

Apparently, possibly, it is definitely maybe a go.
Woah!, that could potentially be awesomely mean as perhaps. I'm wet, call now.
Old 24th June 2009, 14:35     #1682
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtuso
Woah!, that could potentially be awesomely mean as perhaps. I'm wet, call now.
still don't know what you guys are talking about
Old 24th June 2009, 14:47     #1683
Pleb'a

Better off Ted resumes today, yay
Old 24th June 2009, 16:43     #1684
Bandalador

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceer
Hmmmm...looking forward to this....Band of Brothers was awsome!

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/51135/PC/...-Debut-Trailer
2010!!!!!
Got 720p trailer? My google fails me.

Last edited by Bandalador : 24th June 2009 at 16:48.
Old 25th June 2009, 19:33     #1685
ceer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandalador
2010!!!!!
Got 720p trailer? My google fails me.
Nope...not out yet as far as I can see.
Old 25th June 2009, 23:30     #1686
Markh

I have just finished checking out the first 5 episodes of Mental - not too bad, got some interesting mixed in with some funny - I enjoyed it anyway.
Old 28th June 2009, 22:27     #1687
verve_rat

Well, it took me 6 1/2 months, but I've made my way from Stargate(the movie), through 10 seasons of SG-1 and just finished watching The Ark of Truth and Continuum. Along the way I also did the first three seasons of Atlantis. I've got the last two seasons to re-watch to end my Marathon, but it's not the same. I have come to the end of Stargate and I am all sorts of sad.

I know there is at least one more direct-to-DVD still to come, but I'm still going to miss Space MacGyver.
Old 28th June 2009, 22:34     #1688
Kryten

Virtuality (Ron Moore's new show) is off to a good start - hopefully Fox (boo! hiss!) pick it up after the pilot.
Old 29th June 2009, 09:37     #1689
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Just went through four seasons of How I met Your Mother

Neil Patrick Harris is AWESOME
Old 29th June 2009, 10:07     #1690
Kryten

Quote:
Originally Posted by flic
Neil Patrick Harris is LEGEN-wait for it-DARY
Old 29th June 2009, 10:08     #1691
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Catching up on 30 Rock, into season 2 - can't believe I missed it before!

It wouldn't be a lemon party without old Dick!
Old 29th June 2009, 13:31     #1692
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Any feedback on Lie to Me and Eleventh Hour? I keep seeing the ads for both on the telly (apparently I've just aged 50 years) and I'm wondering if there's any point in watching? I barely watch tv, just a few things on Prime and C4, so migrating to channels 1/2/3 needs a good show to make it worth it.
Old 29th June 2009, 13:46     #1693
Nightcrawler

My friend said Lie To Me is actually pretty good. He watched the first season over the matter of days. He generally doesn't like "popular" shows (Heroes, Prison Break, True Blood, Top Gear, and so on). So yeah, seems like it could be quite good
Old 29th June 2009, 13:47     #1694
dylan
Huh?

Lie to Me was entertaining enough, Tim Roth is good, but it's a pretty silly premise really, and quite the one-trick pony. Because of this it gets ridiculously predictable and sameish after a while.

"Oh look, he's buying his lunch from a street vendor, I bet he will ask the vendor a question about hygiene and then catch him in a lie!"

There was some mild character development starting to happen but by the time I gave up on the show (which I think was after about 10 - 12 eps?) it hadn't really gone anywhere, which is a shame.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:09     #1695
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Thanks guys. Dylan - yeah, you make a point about the one trick pony thing. Sounds like it would get on my nerves pretty quickly. Man, I haven't been able to get into anything new. Fringe got boring after 5 eps
Old 29th June 2009, 14:10     #1696
Larno

I enjoyed both Lie to Me and Eleventh Hour, unfortunately Eleventh Hour has been cancelled.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:18     #1697
Markh

I enjoyed Lie to Me a great deal and though the basic premise may seem like a 'one trick pony' in some ways I thought that they did well to bring interesting story lines and some nice twists.
Old 29th June 2009, 16:02     #1698
JP

I've recently started watching King of the Hill properly. Wow, what a quality show. I'm quite sentimental these days, so shows that appeal to it in a clever way (Arrested Development would have to be the number 1 example of a show that does this) I often take a warming too.

I have to say it's original, clever, subtle and uses practically no gratuitous content to keep you entertained (not that I mind gratiutious content, but I always note when a show can get by without it, I feel it's one of the reasons I can't give the Wire a perfect rating since it abused that a little, imo).

I think what I especially like, since it fits so well with my current philisophical perspective, is that it's written from the perspective of someone at odds with the intended audience of the show. They've intentionally chosen a conservative, who would have voted Bush in '04 and 08'. Of course it's built around parody, but in the end Hank Hill is a good man. While he's flawed in that he's conservative, the focus seems more that his conservativeness was inevitable due to geography, but that the choices he makes in day to day life define him as a good person in the show.

I dunno, that turned into a bit of a wack rant. But still, really enjoying it. It's not addictive like a show that has a progressive story line over a season, but still just really solid viewing.
Old 29th June 2009, 16:26     #1699
lektronimo

Yeah, I feel the same way about that show. I'm also surprised by the amount of good guest voices they had, like Brad Pitt playing Boomhower's brother. The voting episode was one of my favorite from the series, and pretty much anything with Dale or Bill in larger doses. Good stuff.
Old 29th June 2009, 16:56     #1700
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Another King of the Hill fan here too. Great show. It didn't look like it was going to be renewed. Hopefully it has been (cbf checked right now). Lol at Brad Pitt playing Boomhower's brother. I just assumed it was the same guy who played Boomhower, voices didn't sound different at the time.

JP - I fully get where you're coming from re the gratuitous content, especially when you consider that it's a cartoon. The mark of a good writer is if you don't need swearing, violence, or t&a to get viewers.
Old 29th June 2009, 20:35     #1701
Helious

Anyone seen the new Top Gear yet? Stephen Fry is looking phenomenal. He's dropped around 40kg's !!
Old 29th June 2009, 20:43     #1702
lektronimo

^ Watching it now
Old 29th June 2009, 21:25     #1703
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious
Anyone seen the new Top Gear yet? Stephen Fry is looking phenomenal. He's dropped around 40kg's !!
Like Mike Moore (Ex-PM that is). I barely recognised him!!!
Old 29th June 2009, 22:43     #1704
flic
Dee Hast Mish

He looks awesome!
Old 30th June 2009, 01:52     #1705
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
Virtuality (Ron Moore's new show) is off to a good start - hopefully Fox (boo! hiss!) pick it up after the pilot.
Apparently it has not been picked up

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 30th June 2009, 02:54     #1706
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

I watched the pilot of Better of Ted yesterday, seems rather witty, funny, and uh has hot girls in it.
Old 30th June 2009, 08:33     #1707
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by flic
Good grief - I wonder if Peter Jackson had anything to do with it. He's still scripting Dambusters, right?
Old 30th June 2009, 09:45     #1708
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
I watched the pilot of Better of Ted yesterday, seems rather witty, funny, and uh has hot girls in it.
I like it. Not your typical american sitcom.. I've seen the first four.. getting the next four at the moment.
Old 30th June 2009, 11:10     #1709
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
I like it. Not your typical american sitcom.. I've seen the first four.. getting the next four at the moment.
I much like too.
The latest one is probably the weakest in the series to date.... still good, but not as good as say the one in which the lights and other utilities don't work for African American persons.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:08     #1710
ZoSo

Needs a bit of Ted on Linda + Veronica on Linda action Perfectly suited for a bit of a x-rated crossover really.
Old 30th June 2009, 17:05     #1711
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Good grief - I wonder if Peter Jackson had anything to do with it. He's still scripting Dambusters, right?
I wish PJ would go back to being the rolly polly dude (heh) he was during LotRs.
Even tho he was bigger then, it looked much healthier than the gaunt looking PJ we have now.
He had that jolly ole fat man thing going on.
Even Guillermo del Toro agrees (from an interview I read from Stuff.co).
Old 30th June 2009, 17:14     #1712
StN
I have detailed files

I guess there is some irony in the claim that Dereks don't run.
Old 1st July 2009, 20:09     #1713
cryocore

The Cleveland Show pilot preair has just arrived at all the usual places
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:06     #1714
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Fringe has definitely taken a turn for the "YOU WONT SEE THIS COMING!!!" with the last few episodes (which, since we've all been watching the same shows for the last 10 years, and there are no new ideas, you totally will see coming...)

That said, I really don't mind that they're doing this - it's feeling like one episodes worth of idea spread over several episodes, but with enough filler storylines to keep it interesting. However, as at s2e20, they might totally fuck this up. We're going to need answers and resolution, and maybe even a series-ending (not season ending) to stop it jumping the dimension-shifting shark.

Following s2e20 and meeting William Bell, finding out that Peter died and is from another dimension and Bad Guy (forget his name...) dieing (and he better be dead... gonna be pissed if they bring him back by just having it be the same guy but a version from another dimension, because then it'll just become that guy trying to wipe out all the William Bells, and Olivia trying to save them, or whatever... which I'm pretty sure was an episode of the Outer Limits) I can't see how they can really go back to the x-files type show they started with, with Mystery of the Week, it would be pretty unbelievable to have the characters dealing with missing psychic children or monster sharks or evil alien oil, when they all know that with the click of a few buttons you can jump into another dimension.

Here's hoping J.J. has a plan. lolol.
Ok - so I decided to wait for the terrestrial version of this. 1080p Freeview looks nice, but with all the close ups, I got put off with how much makeup she was wearing to cover zits in some scenes.

Looked kind of interesting, but based on the comments above, I might give it a miss.
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:12     #1715
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
I dunno, it seemed a lot like the Caprica pilot to me, in that's pretty hard to define the direction the show is going to go in.
Old 4th July 2009, 21:28     #1716
Markh

On P&T Bullshit Penn just used the word 'fucktard' - lol.

702 was an entire episode stating the obvious, but it was still entertaining. They almost finished the show without showing some naked tits though - last minute redemption!
Old 4th July 2009, 23:21     #1717
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

How Man vs Wild has become so popular I'll never understand. Survivorman is where it's at. Bear = one night plus support crew. Les = 7 nights ALL ALONE IN THE FUCKING WILDERNESS.
Old 5th July 2009, 18:32     #1718
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Finished watching season 1 of In Treatment a few weeks back a+++
Old 5th July 2009, 18:48     #1719
Nightcrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
How Man vs Wild has become so popular I'll never understand. Survivorman is where it's at. Bear = one night plus support crew. Les = 7 nights ALL ALONE IN THE FUCKING WILDERNESS.
Survivorman is indeed very awesome. Might go grab as much as I can right now while I remember
Bear Grylls has a nice accent and is good on the eyes (for you girls and some guys). He eats fucked up stuff, which is the main attraction to me. I watch his show more for entertainment than survival stuff
Old 5th July 2009, 20:10     #1720
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wugambino
Finished watching season 1 of In Treatment a few weeks back a+++
Oh-ho! Looks good.

Damn... there's a ton of episodes...